Information Security Officer / Program Manager / Technical Writer
- Provided expert judgment and analysis for Global Active Directory design, migrations and consolidations, ongoing support, and enhancements.
- Accountability and ownership of all Active Directory (AD) environments
- Created Active Directory design, standards, and operations documentation.
- Managed Domain Controllers and Optimizing Active Directory (AD) replication via sites and services over multiple WAN Links.
- Automated Monitoring and Alerting of Active Directory (AD) for health and up time for multiple services and replication.
- Secured and Locked down Active Directory (AD) from group/ou/server perspective to network and servers ACL's to group policies and permissions.
- Actively participated in all areas of daily operations.
- Maintained standards, roadmaps and guiding principles for our Windows & related infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and to deliver multiple projects on time.
Project/Process Management :
- Manage documentation projects from beginning-to-end by scheduling technical reviews and obtaining final documentation sign-off. Use Microsoft Project to create documentation schedules. Represented Business Community regarding training needs and product support requirements.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator / SCOM Engineer / Network Engineer / SMS Admin / Project Manager
- Worked on the CITI Service Desk contract supporting Creative Information Technology, Inc. (CITI) and the Department of State. Also supporting all infrastructure technologies for one of our other clients, Abercrombie & Associates.
- Worked with McAfee technology products—ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Host Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS), Antivirus (AV) and Policy Auditor (PA), and Asset Baseline Module (ABM) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Supported the VMware ESX environment including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Handled ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc.
- Had a general knowledge of server technologies, remote technologies (Terminal Services), and network and enterprise storage technologies.
- Participated in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
- Served as a technical contact on projects as assigned.
- Served as an escalation point for technical issues at the team level.
- Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
- Generated innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Documented technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participated in post mortem process for problems as appropriate.
- Participated in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Followed policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Stayed current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
Analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet , intranet, and other data communications systems. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software. Includes telecommunications specialists who deal with the interfacing of computer and communications equipment.
Staff Management and Training
Guided all aspects of personnel management and leadership of shift operators in areas of interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, delegation, evaluation, and promotion recommendation. Provided continuous hands-on training of operators to promote the development of technical problem anticipation, identification, and troubleshooting skills. Ensured a committed support team through cross training of Computer Operations and Production Control staffs on system upgrades, disaster recovery tests, and data migration projects. Coordinated weekly staff meetings to discuss departmental issues, project initiatives, and action plans.
Data Center Management
Managed Shared Data Center operations with full accountability for the cost-effective, on-time management of server functions with a focus on architectural design data software supporting the engineering industry. Served as primary point of contact on a 24-hour, 7-days-a-week basis, in charge of coordinating critical disaster recovery procedures directly impacting the stability of data center operations. Developed and revised departmental procedure manuals to assist staffs in all aspects of server operations. Implemented Quality Control procedures to ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures. Interfaced extensively with Help Desk teams to provide immediate support on pressing technical issues. Generated weekly statistical and department performance reports for senior management review. Delivered excellence in customer service through situation analysis and timely resolve of escalating problems.
Information & Technology Director/SMS Administrator
Server Virtualization Project:
- Designed and implemented SAN environments to ensure high availability and acceptable performance characteristics for VMware Virtual Infrastructure and SAN-backed applications.
- Developed, managed, and implemented a VMware ESX 3.5 environment. During this project I headed up the planning and implementation of what would become mission critical virtualization technology. This new technology allowed for the organization to further reduce their hardware and licensing requirements by as much as 75%, further consolidate their data center footprint by 50%, and gave capacity for as much 100% growth for future needs and projects.
- Hands on experience in iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
- Designed, installed, configured VMware ESX (3.5), ESXi, and vSphere 4 environments with VirtualCenter management, Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA.
- Build, configured and deployed VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 servers.
- Analyzed and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
- Customized layer 2 and layer 3 networking between VMware, networking components and storage for high availability and maximum performance.
- Developed, tested, and maintained a disaster recovery plan for critical VMs and application data.
MS Exchange Upgrade:
Developed and implemented a project to migration the corporate infrastructure from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007. This project required the implementation and management of technical, management, and user collaboration groups for the purpose for gather requirements, identifying obstacles, developing project scopes, and testing implementation process. During the project I led a team of internal and external technical resources in the successful implementation of a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange infrastructure, migration of critical data, and training of users groups, while maintaining the functional integrity of the infrastructure for day to day operations.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, virtual and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Develop and manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including firewall, routers, switches, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform network design and capacity planning
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Supervise support technicians and provide them with technical guidance and mentoring.
- Manage internal request workflow and respond to incoming requests for technical assistance.
- Managed desktop engineering initiatives and process improvements.
- Isolate and assess the potential causes of technical problems.
- Independently research technical issues utilizing a variety of resources for input.
- Document detailed but concise troubleshooting procedures and technical solutions.
- Provide administrative support for end-user tech support
- Manage internal tech support on-call rotation and participate in off-hours troubleshooting and problem management.
- Install, maintain, and upgrade software and hardware.
- Perform regular network administration and maintenance.
- Create network and systems documentation for all staff.
- Direct and participate in workstation moves, additions, and changes.
- Create proposals to improve systems infrastructure and procedures.
- Plan and organize PC service improvements, disk imaging and delivery, and technical management processes.
- Research developments in personal computing, networking, and related technologies.
- Use knowledge to improve technology infrastructure quality and service, as well as reduce operating costs.
- Participate in planning IT strategy, including infrastructure budgeting.
Provided systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for Windows Server systems. Build, configure, deploy and maintain the servers within the network. Installation of server related software and operating systems. Adding, upgrading and removal of old equipment, (Server, switches, routers, hubs, etc.) In-depth troubleshooting on all types of system problems on PCs and servers. Supports and maintain functionality of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and WINS. Create and manage users and group accounts.
Coordinated the installation and maintenance of third party vendor software and hardware, maintenance and support, disk space management, backups and file restoration. Provides support for Server side applications like Microsoft Exchange 2003, all Engineering Software (Bjac, AutoCad, Chemcad, etc.), Prolog Manager 7 and Prolog Website Administrator, System Center Operations Manager 2007 (MOM 2007). Database Administrator (SQL Server 2000 and 2005)
Receive, analyze, monitor and repair network problems. Maintaining documentation. Network planning and design which includes WAN/LAN, TCIP administration. Workflow analysis, assessment and creation. Scan network for vulnerabilities using various network management tools. Implements hardware, network devices, application system installations, upgrades, and replacements for entire network. Running cable, testing lines. Switching out older configs to support new users. Build and maintain functionality of our FTP site. Provides hardware and technical support for both the Atrium and Headquarters locations. Perform and maintain functionality of all Backups running at both locations. Implements best practices, policies, and procedures to maintain computer security and reliability. Reviewed new hardware/software/network products for implementation. Provided general technology support as needed. Maintain network connections between both buildings. Performed disaster recovery policies and procedures. Designed a failover network to better prepare us for outages. Contacted contractors for any Cisco support as needed. Worked with USLec and ESI contractors, developers, and engineers to plan, coordinate, and perform implementation, configuration, traffic analysis, and network integration for multiple operating system platforms, routers, firewalls, and network management systems as needed.
Constructed and maintained Delta-T’s website by adding new and removing old out-dated web pages.
Other Duties include
Researched new technologies for use within existing infrastructure to improve ability and performance. Created and edited Reports to uses within Prolog Manager 7 and Prolog Website 7.5.
- Self-motivated; Strong Interpersonal and Problem Solving skills; Executive-Level Management
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills (both written and oral)
- Possesses solid project management skills
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
- Handles highly confidential information/material
- Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical Writing