SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Network Design Engineer highly qualified to design, install, and manage networks and their requisite infrastructure. Skilled at discovering, configuring and troubleshooting an extensive range of network and communications equipment: routers and switches, firewalls, Windows servers, network management applications, routing protocols, WAN and wireless technologies, IP telephony and traditional Telco. Consistently seeking and implementing new and more efficient processes to improve the company LAN, WAN and data center architecture. Being a team player means I’m willing to go the extra mile to achieve the company and customers objectives. Self-motivated and a quick learner, constantly studying and training to keep abreast of new technologies. Cisco, Microsoft, ITIL and security certified with years of experience.
AREAS OF TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- WAN: Frame Relay, ATM, T1, DS3, OC-X, DSL, RF, FSO HAIPE: KG-175A & D, KG-250
- NETWORKING: IP Telephony, wireless, R&S, GPON, ATM and WAN
- ROUTING: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS
- SYSTEM ADMIN: Windows XP, Win7, 8, Srvr 2K3 and 2K13, DNS, Exchange server and AD.
- SECURITY: PIX,ASA and SSG’s, NAC, TACACS+, RADIUS, VPN, IPSec, GRE, SSL and physical security
- NETWORK MANAGEMENT: CAs Spectrum, Solar Winds, What’s up Gold, Cisco Prime syslog, SNMP, Visio and wireshark.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Woodbridge, VA
Network Engineer, Team / Site lead Work with the Air Force in engineering, network management, implementation, re certification and troubleshooting Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON), Alarmed Fiber network(PDS) as well as standard CAN topology. Provide leadership to team members and engineering support for potential projects to support Air Force infrastructure. Manage onsite team consisting of six including outside plant, inside plant and network engineers. Manage, maintain and expand the base infrastructure and connectivity from layers 1-3 and a handful of specialized appliances. Equipment involved includes Cisco 3650, 3750, 4500, 6500 and NEXUS 1K, 2K, 7K switches and 7600 routers, Tellabs 1150, Network Integrity Systems Interceptors. Cisco Prime and What’s Up Gold monitoring SW.
Identify weaknesses in the network, create viable solutions, write and implement action plans. Examples include locating and resolving bandwidth bottle necks, creating VSS pairs, re-ip addressing the network, re-engineering the VLAN structure of the network, removing outdated software, migrating applications and identifying security issues.
Network Design Engineer Design and build a top level filter network for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Responsible for the Routing and switching in the network, building and managing the lab and assisting the security engineer. Worked with a variety of equipment such as Juniper SSG, SRX, MX480, Cisco 3750, 6500, HP servers, VMWare and others.
Design and build the functional lab environment, train junior engineers and interconnect geographically dispersed locations.
Network Engineer Integration Engineer for the Missile Defense Agency out of Schiever AFB. New Feature design and build out for the global missile defense system. Maintained and improved the missile defense network and traveled to Europe in support of regional exercises.Confidential , VA
Network EngineerConfidential and migrating AFRICOM on to it. The JEN consists of multiple data center locations that are connected by an MPLS WAN and provide service to several campuses. The network components consist of variety Cisco equipment; Nexus (1K, 2K, 5K and 7K), ASR and ISR series routers, WAAS, ASA Firewalls, ACS, as well as 6500, 4500 and 3750 switches. These network components are supporting Dell blade chassis running VMware for applications and services to the users.Key Achievements: Live migrations with zero outages or interruptions
Confidential , LA
Network Design Engineer
Responsible for the Network Operations group and the design and implementation of the new campus network
- Develop the business plan to justify and implement the new network.
- Design the new campus network.
- Acquire state approval for the construction of the new network.
- Create the implementation plan for the new network.
- Perform Project Manager duties regarding the new network.
- Generate and procure the BOM for the new network and management system.
Telecommunications Consultant, Lafayette, LA Sept 2009 to Mar 2010
- Equipment and facilities design for AT&T.
- Key Achievements:
- Support all of Southwest Louisiana.
- Design, detail and support of AT&T COs and government networks.
- Constant professional development training and certification .
Business Communications Inc. Lafayette, LA Mar 2007 to May 2009
Systems Engineer General systems design, implementation and support. Remote Network monitoring.
- Covered a three state area as Pre and Post sales engineer.
- Design, implement and support of SOHO, Enterprise and Government networks.
- Emergency restoral of the data center monitoring system.
- Constant professional development training and certification .
- Perform capacity evaluation and planning on the network for growth.
- Assisted in the development of department network operational policies and procedures.
- Support various departments corporate wide to achieve a common goal.
Network Consulting Engineer
Prepared detailed network layout records and build the networks of multi-vender central office switching and transmission equipment for some of the largest Service Providers in the US. Managed the installation of new network components by contracted installers. Programmed, integrated and tested new hardware added to operational networks.
- Integrated separate networks from corporate merger to a unified identity.Seamlessly under laid a new high-speed core-switching network beneath an operational nationwide network.
- Analyzed traffic and optimized network utilization using industry standard forecasting tools.
- Inspected and certified contractor installation of Central Office Equipment.
- Created the standards documentation for the ATM, Frame, Optical and LAN switch networks.
- IP address and VLAN audit to recapture lost / unused space. Cisco Systems, Dallas, TX 2001 to 2004
- Engineering Support, Service Provider and Top 10 Enterprise customers
- Worked on the reactive side of the Cisco ANS program to debug and correct any issues in ANS designed and Professional Services installed networks. I became the central support for many of the Service providers core networks. Available 24 x 7 for emergency issues and generally resolved major crisis escalated to me in 30 minutes or less.
- Work in Advanced Services Group performing proactive and reactive network support.
- Supported the largest carrier companies and data networks in the world.
- Resolve complex network issues in technologically advanced networks.
- Fiber, DSL, Cable systems, Wireless IP, Frame-Relay and ATM switches (MPLS or PNNI).
- 3G Mobile network data services support.