A dedicated and hardworking information technology professional, with a strong background in help desk operations, hardware and software, disaster recovery, computer operations, troubleshooting and technical support. Leverages broad-based knowledge to oversee a variety of tasks, securing smooth operations and the achievement of objectives. As a driven performer, consistently delivers top results.
Software: Active Directory & Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000-2010, IIS 6.0-7.5, Microsoft SQL 2005-2012, Microsoft Office 97-2013, Citrix XenApp 5.0-6.5, VMware ESXi & vSphere 4.x-5.x, Microsoft Lync 2010-2013, Microsoft Systems Configuration Manager 2007-2012, Symantec Antivirus 8.x-11.x, TrendMicro Enterprise Security Suite, Real VNC, Lotus Notes 5.x-8.5, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Net Backup, Quest Vranger, HP Service Manager, TrackIt Change Management & Help Desk System, NTP Quota Management, Idera SQL Diagnostic Center, Idera SQL Defrag Manager,
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 3.1- 8, Microsoft Windows Servers 2000-2012 R2, Mac OS 9-10.5
Network: TCP/IP Protocol, LAN/WAN Technologies, DNS, Cat 5/6 Cabling, Network Performance Monitoring Tools, Configuring Cisco Switches and Routers, Brocade Switches and Routers, NETGEAR, Buffalo and Linksys Wireless Routers, HP and Epson Print Servers
Hardware: Service Workstations, Laptops and Servers, Service Printers
- Provided project planning and management on multiple IT projects such as infrastructure, systems and site construction and renovation.
- IT service desk, which includes the mentoring and directing support personnel.
- Work closely with the network manager to maintain, update and expand the current network infrastructure.
- Management of LAN/WAN/MPLS networks to interconnect all 10 U.S. based locations.
- Perform network, system and device patch and OS upgrades on regular intervals.
- Project lead on Microsoft Lync 2010 - deployment, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager - design and deployment, Microsoft Lync 2013 migration -design and deployment.
- Remote system imaging using PXE and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
Confidential, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Infrastructure Professional II
- Performed help desk tasks supporting up to 500 users, such as answering questions and verifying problems.
- Added, removed and modified objects in Active Directory.
- Implemented and maintained tape backup policies, using Symantec Net Backup in accordance with SAS 70 and SOX regulations.
- Designed and implemented disaster recovery plan with a possible turn up time of 2-4 hours.
- Worked closely with other technicians to meet corporate goals such as completing system upgrades, help desk tickets and user requests.
- System builds and deployments using Symantec Ghost.
Client Services Professional II
- Provided technical support for PCs and Macintosh computers.
- Responsible for providing onsite server and network support.
- Supported over 300 users in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Supported multiple locations remotely by using RDP and Dameware.
Confidential, Frackville, Pennsylvania
Remote Network Administrator
- Installed, configured and repaired MS Windows-based workstations, laptops and servers.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting MS servers.
- Installed and configured wired and wireless networks.
- Troubleshot network hardware.
- Held responsibility for troubleshooting computers and servers.
- Installed and configured local and network printers.