Over 15 years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, and IT Infrastructure Management. Experience includes data center operations, system administration, desktop support, help desk, and networking. Provided IT Maintenance & Support to various domains such as Hospitality, Finance, Human Resources, Law, Computer Systems, and Trading.
OS Platforms: WINDOWS 2008/2003 Server, Windows Client (8, 7, XP, 2000), Linux, Mac OSX and basic knowledge of UNIX and Solaris 8 & 9.
Messaging: Microsoft Exchange 2010/2007/2003.
Network and Security: Windows Domain and Active Directory, Cisco/Aruba/Fortigate/Sonicwall Routers & Switches, Wireless Networking with Aruba Networks equipments, Trend Micro/Symantec/McAfee/Bitdefender Security, Hardware and Software VPN.
Backup: Symantec/Veritas/Windows Backup.
Database: Oracle Database and Application Server, MS SQL Server.
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Outlook, Windows Terminal Service, Citrix, IIS, OPManager, N-able, What’s UP Gold, Compeat Restaurant Management System,
Servers: HP Proliant, Blade, IBM, DELL, Compaq.
Desktop: HP, IBM, TOSHIBA, DELL, MAC.
Printers: HP, Xerox, Canon, ImageRunner Copiers, Konica.
Network: Cisco, Aruba Networks, 3Com, Netgear, Fortinet, Sonicwall.
Miscellaneous: NAS, SAN, UPS power protection, Mobile devices.
Confidential , Edison, NJ/NY
IT Infrastructure Manager
- Provide maintenance & support for Windows Server and Clients, Active Directory, Exchange Servers, Terminal Servers, Backup Servers, Security Servers, IIS, SQL, Mac OSX and Cisco, Fortigate and Sonicwall Network Administration.
- Presently deployed at Balthazar Group of Restaurants in New York to manage their entire IT Infrastructure.
- Responsible for Infrastructural planning, implementation and support for entire organizations’ Network (LAN & WAN) including the other branch restaurants across NY City.
- Co-ordinate with IT Vendors for support of all Micros POS Networking, Compeat Restaurant Management System and Payroll Systems.
- Provide helpdesk support for Balthazar
- Administered and managed the migration of on-premise email exchange to cloud based hosted email services
- Responsible for all ongoing email issues.
- Manage and administer all backups and recovery management systems.
- Manager and administer security systems for the entire network systems including all branches located at various locations.
Confidential, New York, NY
Systems and Network Engineer
- Provided support for Windows, Active Directory (AD), UNIX/LINUX, SQL, IIS, Exchange Servers, Cisco Fortigate and Sonicwall Network Administration.
- Responded to Help Desk problem inquiries and resolved technical issues.
- Responsibility included:
- Infrastructural planning, implementation and support for Network (includes both LAN & WAN) for the client.
- Planning, implementation and support for Server side Infrastructure (includes both Domain and Data Network, Backup Plans, Security etc.) for the client.
- Planning, implementation and support for Wireless Network System from Aruba Networks.
- Managed and administered the IT Security Application from Shavlik Technologies and Supported security servers, Symantec and McAfee platforms.
- Designed and supported the Database (Production) Management Systems.
- Managed Client Network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, DNS Admin), coordinated with ISP companies for any issues.
- Managed and administered the Tape Backup Recovery Systems.
- Assisted the installation of Data Center hardware including HP Proliant servers with SAN storage, HP Blades, TSM Windows servers with associated tape library, and KVM consoles.
- Managed various clients in New York such as: Balthazar Group of Restaurants, House of Pearl, May Bank, Fort Forwarding and many more.
Confidential , Kolkata,
Senior Systems Administrator
- Worked as Systems Departmental Head and responsible for all IT related issues.
- Responsible for Planning, Implementation, Administration and Support for the entire organization.
- Responsible for the IT Security - Data Security, Access Control, Network and Internet Security.
- Managed, administered & supported Windows Domains, Active Directory (AD), DNS, Mail Servers, Database Servers, Backup servers and WSUS server.
- Managed PVCS (Version Control) and CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) servers.
- Technically managed and administered the BPO center.
- Managed the overall Network infrastructure and set up LAN and WAN links and coordinated with various ISP companies to accomplish such connectives.
Confidential, Kolkata, India
IT Departmental Head
- Worked as IT and OA Department Head.
- Responsible for Planning, Implementation, Administration and Support for the entire IT Infrastructure for the various branch Offices.
- Prepared various MIS Reports as per the guidelines laid out by the UK Head Office.
- Administered and supported customized application software developed in Equinox for the NBR Project in Asia Pacific Region (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore & Bangladesh).
- Responsible for the Office Automation Department across the company.
- Prepared and implemented ISO 9001:2000 procedures for IT and OA Department across all branches
- Responsible for the overall IT Security of the company, including Data Security, Access Control, Network Security and Internet Security through hardware security appliances.
- Supported & maintained Windows Domains, Active Directory (AD), DNS, Mail Server, Database Servers, Backup servers and Security servers.
- Managed the overall Network infrastructure and set up LAN and WAN links across offices located at various locations. Coordinated with various ISP companies to accomplish such connectives.
- Managed and maintained inventory of all technology assets and coordinated with vendors for such purchase.
Confidential , Kolkata, India
Project Trainee (Systems Administration)
- Responsible for System Administration, networking and maintenance of the Education & Training Department.
- Installed, configured and maintained 150+ desktop’s including the servers of the department and the Training Labs.
- Managed and Maintained inventory of all technology assets.
- Organized and conducted training courses related to Hardware Engineering.
Confidential , Kolkata, India
Trainee Hardware Engineer
- Worked under the supervision of Senior Customer Support Hardware Engineer.
- Troubleshot and repaired desktop computers, monitors and printers.
- Specialized in repairing motherboards, CRT monitors and dot-matrix printer heads over the period.