- CCNP certified Network Engineer around 7 Years’ experience in designing, implementation, configuration of Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls, troubleshooting & fine-tuning of Firewalls, VPN configuration, troubleshooting network related problems in Enterprise& Data Center Networks.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP v1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS BGP and MPLS.
- Understanding the JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Worked on network topologies and configurations, TCP/IP, UDP, Frame Relay, bridges, routers, hubs and switches.
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1Q, IPsec and GRE Tunneling, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP RSTP, PVST+.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, and 1800 series routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950, and 3500XL series switches.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPsec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco, VPN client in addition to providing TACACS+ and RADIUS services.
- Expertise in implementation of IP addressing schemes (includes VLSM) and IP services to meet medium level enterprise level network requirement
- Experience working with Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K devices.
- Experience with configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX), which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000.
- Well experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Moderate knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Networks: LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone Aps, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Good knowledge and experience in installation, configuration, and Administration of Windows 2000/2003, HTTP, FTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP servers under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Proficiency in handling Network Monitoring tools and Packet capture tools.
- Adept in preparing technical documentation and presentations using Microsoft Visio/ Office.
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to highest levels of professionalism.
Cisco Products and other vendor equipment: Routers (1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3200, 3600, 3700, 3800, and 7200), Cisco L2 & L3 Switches (2900, 3560, 4500, 5000 & 6500), ASA, PIX, FWSM, Juniper NetScreen
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, PPP, HDLC
Firewalls/VPNs: ASA, PIX, Cisco VPN 3000 series Concentrator
OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows (2000/2003, XP), UNIX, LINUX, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005, Vmware.
Protocols/Services: Routing Protocols (RIP v1 & v2, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, HSRP, VRRP, TCP/IP, load balancer, IPSec, MPLS, PPP, VoIP, SIP, H.323
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, HP OpenView, CiscoWorks, Ethereal.Security Server Protocols: TACACS+, RADIUS
Client: Confidential, Stanford, CT
Role: Sr. Network Engineer (Department of IT)
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of dynamic routing protocols: BGP, OSPF & EIGRP (route redistribution, distribute lists, route-maps, offset-lists, prefix lists, route summarization, route-feedback, BGP attributes) on Cisco Routers 7613, 7201, and 3945E.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT’ing, sub-netting, also including DNS, LDAP, DHCP, http, HTML, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509-V-E catalyst switches
- Experience with managing the completed end to end site solutions
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration
- Designing, Implementing and Troubleshooting Cisco 3750, 3550, 3560, 2924, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6504, 6503, 6506, 6500 series switches, GSR, ASR routers with Cisco IOS and IOS-XR
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco routers such as 7200 series, 3800 series, 3700 series, 2800 series and Cisco Catalyst switch series 6500, 4500, 3500, 2900.
- Upgraded the data center network environment with Cisco ASA 5520. Configured ACL’s on Cisco Switches as well as configured routers as terminal servers.
- Implementing 3750 Stackable switches using Cisco Stack Wise technology. Experience to review and evaluate current and future design issues as required maintaining network integrity, efficient data flow.
- Worked on Layer 2 protocols such as STP, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP+, MST and other VLAN troubleshooting issues and configuring switches from scratch and deployment
- Involved in designing and implementing QOS and policy map to 2800 series routers for all the branches
- Experience Branch Relocation: Connect workstation, servers, etc. Rack and stack Pre-configured new hardware and connect the circuits. Work with Carrier to test and turn-up circuits.
- Performed IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development.
- Involved in operations and administration of WAN consisting Ethernet Handoffs, T1, DS3, and Optic Fiber Handoffs.
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based on the network by resolving level 2 & 3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations
- Racking, Stacking, configuring, Nexus 5K and 2K and 7K.
- Installed wireless access points (WAP) at various locations in the company.
- Actively involved in switching technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS, Port security – 802.1x, Trunking 802.1Q, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security on Cisco Catalyst Switches 4507R+E, 6509-E and Cisco Nexus Switches 2232, 5596, 7009.
- Created dedicated VLANs for Voice & Data with QOS for prioritizing VOICE over DATA.
- Configured Voice ports and Dial peers on the call manager for the VOIP call to reach remote destination.
- Worked on configuration and commissioning of the MPLS circuits for various branch offices.
- Providing Daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to-point site.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Configured of ACL’s in Cisco 5520 ASA firewall for internet Access requests for servers, Protocol Handling, Object Grouping and NAT
- Responsible for Data Center Migrations and its operations.
- Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Juniper SRX 240 at the web server as well as configuration of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers.
- Documenting workflow process, managing and implementing standard policy and procedures.
Client: Confidential, CA
Role: Sr. Network Engineer
- Worked as part of a team to manage Enterprise Network Infrastructure as a Tier 3 Support Engineer.
- Involved in configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800 series routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Replace branch hardware with new 3900 routers and 2960 switches.
- Configuring firewall switch module on Cisco 6506 distribution layer switches, configuring VTPs, trunking, inter-vlan routing, port fast, uplink fast, backbone fast on access layer switches.
- Enable STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), Using MD% authentication for VTP
- Planned and installed Frame Relay WAN links to the branch offices.
- Maintained and setup wireless access points at various locations in the company.
- Great understanding of WLAN including 802.11 standards, Lightweight and Autonomous systems, WPA, PEAP.
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Knowledgeable in configuration of Voice VLAN’s (VOIP), prioritizing the voice traffic over the data traffic.
- Configuring and troubleshooting OSPF routing protocol on the corporate network.
- Tested and implemented various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, AS-PATH, Community, Extended community using route-maps.
- Worked on migration of Frame Relay based branches to MPLS based VPN for customer’s WAN infrastructure.
- Worked on migration of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall, PIX OS upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0, also configured on BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and also monitored the Packet Flow in the load balancers.
- Have good experience working with the Trouble Tickets on F5 Load Balancers.
- Switch experience includes Cisco Catalyst switches: Cisco 3750, 4500, 6500 series switches.
- Managing enterprise BGP setup by configuring and troubleshooting BGP related issues.
- Scaling of BGP and IGP in the core, dealt with implementation of deployment related to Cisco devices and applying security policies on it.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers, related issues.
- Configuration of NAT.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets, equipment RMAs, and support requests.
- Planning for upgrade of IOS on devices and performing the upgrade.
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking.
Client: Confidential, New York, NY
Role: Network Engineer
- Experience in configuring Site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
- Installed and configured Cisco 7200 series router and Cisco 2950, 4500, 6500 Series switches.
- Configured network using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and troubleshooting L2/L3 issues.
- Worked on multiple projects related to Branch networks, Campus networks, Extranet clients and Data Center Environments involving in data center migrations from one data center to another.
- Provided estimated bandwidth requirements for data replication, to best determine adequate timing for migration service levels
- Created data migration strategies to help with completion of migration of data center from one point to another.
- Configuration of Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6) & 3750 Catalyst Switches for network access.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525/) & ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches
- Time to time upgrade network connectivity between branch office and regional office with multiple link paths and routers running HRSRP, EIGRP in unequal cost load balancing to build resilient network.
- Design and implement Catalyst/ASA Firewall Service Module for various LAN’s.
- Key contribution includes troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, & BGP.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC.
- Configuring ACL to allow only authorized users to access the servers.
- Participated in on call support in troubleshooting the configuration and installation issues.
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, DDR, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Provided technical support in terms of upgrading, improving and expanding the network.
- Providing technical security proposals, detailed RFP responses, and security presentation, installing and configuring ASA firewalls, VPN networks and redesigning customer security architectures.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Role: Network Engineer
- Responsible for the configuration of Cisco Routers (7000, 5300, 4000, 2500, 3000, 2600) using RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Implement Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients
- Configured and installed multi-protocol (IP, IPX) multi-interface Cisco routers
- Managed office network with Cisco devices with network devices including 2500 and 3600 series routers and 3500, 2900, 1900 series switches
- Analyzing and resolving a high percentage of initial customer contact in the areas of PC/LAN.
- Escalating customer problems to management and support groups utilizing standard escalation model.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing OSPF and BGP.
- Supported core network consisting of Cisco 7200 series routers running multi area OSPF.
- Configuration of EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution, installed and maintained Cisco 3600, 2600 and 7200 backbone routes with HSRP
- Implemented stub/Totally stub areas. Implemented various OSPF features like route-summarization and SPF throttling.
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3,STM1 and STM4 circuit types
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Implement Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS 3.0) for TACACS+/RADIUS
- Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration
- Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
- Implementation of TCP/IP and related Services-DHCP/ DNS/ WINS
- Pinpointing physical network conditions that are contributing to call quality issues
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Engaged in office moves, helped in identifying network requirements of new building, installed new networking hardware, and coordinated with vendors for cabling/wiring
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external
- Escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP
- Acted as Tier 3 support for connectivity, failures, configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Provide project management for data center cabling, documented all network drawings using Visio
- Design, test, and implement global Next Generation MPLS network (150 sites) using Cisco 3800, 2800, 2600, and 1721 routers using BGP and EIGRP protocols.
- Implementing traffic policy changes with Cisco PIX Firewall appliance switch WAP configuration and installations.