As a professional with over 18 years of experience as Manager of Network Operations, I possess expertise in providing secure, efficient and cost effective network infrastructures and a CISSP certification. My abilities also encompass the oversight of 6 Windows, Linux and Cisco Network Engineers. Additionally, I develop of teams that provide quality systems and services. I have developed solid business relationships working together with all levels of professionals in order to reach a positive outcome. In addition, I have served as Project Manager from inception to the completion of a broad range of enterprise projects.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Manager Network Services
Direct the operations of 6 Network Engineers that provide support for over 100 Windows, Linux and IBM i5 systems. Support core network infrastructure and 500 global users.
MVS Systems Programmer
Responsible for systems capacity planning and systems level support of job scheduling and tape management.
Computer Room Manager
Oversaw the overall operations of daily production as well as hiring and training computer operators.
- Ensure strategic and tactical planning is in alignment with corporate business objectives.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the design, installation of the network and server infrastructures.
- Review and analyze business and operational issues to recommend technical solutions which included assisting in application and database development implementations with the proper access models, encryption and compliance to mandated standards.
- Execute Vulnerability and Patch Management through network scanning, firewall logging or penetration testing and applying patches to the affected software or hardware.
- Responsible for administration, configuration and monitoring of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), log management and defense in depth systems and processes.
- Maintain and report on systems PCI, HIPPA compliancy.
- Manage hardware and software maintenance of all router, switches, server and operating systems to include VMWare virtualized environment, Cloud IaaS, MS Windows, Linux and iSeries and hardware.
- Coordinated and implemented telecommunication links for office settings or 3rd party business partners, oversee infrastructure security and VPN implementations and ongoing operations.
- Managed the enterprise migration from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange, which encompassed the planning, coordination and acquisition of cloud hosting provider, stakeholder and user communications, plus developing project teams. 2010
- Served as Resource Project Manager for enterprise Fulfillment System migrations for 3 company subsidiaries where the team was responsible for analysis, acquisition and successful on time delivery of hardware, software and system level configuration for iSeries and virtual servers.
- Designed, implemented and maintained LAN/WAN infrastructure for corporate offices (firewalls, IDS, file servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPS, and backup solutions)
- Oversaw development and implementation of our enterprise wireless (802.11) infrastructure.
- Oversaw development and implementation of our CA infrastructure.
- Oversaw development and implementation of our mobile and remote access infrastructure.
- Implemented the first e - mail system by evaluating other e-mail systems, providers, required infrastructure, cost and a written proposal. 1997
- Enabled internet access through evaluating provider offerings and costs, writing the proposal and managing the implementation. Enabled the infrastructure to support corporate internet access. 1996
- Acquired additional responsibility when Network Services was restructured to include Highlights and its subsidiaries cloud hosted support website architecture. Developed architecture design, capacity planning and system Level Linux based web plus MySQL database support.
- Performed as Project Manager for the enterprise VoIP Unified Communication implementation.
- Responsible for developing enterprise VMWare vSphere physical to virtual solution to reduce ongoing operational costs and improve services to the internal business partners.
Palo Alto, CISCO, KIWI, TriGeo, Project Management, Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory Email Systems and protocols. DNS Routing, Firewall,VPN, SSL, Technologies, ISC, Linux, MVS, Novell, SQL Server, TCPIP, Active Directory, ITSM, VoIP, UC, Load Balancing, Memcache, Varnish, MySQL. PCI and HIPPA compliancy.