I am seeking a technical, full time position that will effectively utilize my education, training and experience in the field of Information Systems that offers professional challenge and growth opportunity.
Access, Arcsight, Baytech, BGP, Cisco, Cisco Works, Concord, DHCP, DNS, DWDM, EIGRP, Excel, Extreme, EXFO (Fibervision), Firebird, Foundry, HDLC, HP Openview, ISIS, Frame Relay, FTP, IP, IPX, Juniper, Lancopes, MPLS, Netcool, Network General, NIKSUN, Norscan, OSPF, OTS, PowerPoint, Remedy, Siemens, SQL, Stealthwatch, Sun Workstation, Sybase, TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, TippingPoint, UNIX, VISIO, VOIP, Wave, and Windows NT.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Network IDS Security Analyst
- Present Provides monitoring and analysis of both user and system network traffic, IDS alerts, network and system logs using the Arcsight Systems Management Console, Lancope’s Stealthwatch, NIKSUN, TippingPoint
- Security Management System, and an array of open source products including Bro and Snort packages.
- Analyses abnormal system activity patterns and activities and create cases and escalate to PENCERT based on that analysis.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used to support security operations.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Using Netcool, monitor and provide support for both the classified and unclassified networks for the
- Department of Army as well as other various government and military agencies. Identify, troubleshoot, escalate and/or resolve various circuit, router and switch related issues. Use Remedy to create, track and update network related authorized and unauthorized outages.
- Log into phone queue and answer all incoming customer calls. Configure and implement access control lists. Troubleshoot various platforms of Cisco, Extreme, and Juniper routers and switches Prepare daily reports for management and attend daily Mgt.
- Trouble and Change Ticket briefing.
- Escort Pentagon Employees through ITA secured environments.
- Distribute combinations and keys to Pentagon personnel for physical access to telecom closets and other various secured environments based on their need to know and security level.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Senior Network Operations Analyst
- Monitor and maintain AOL Internal Computing Network and data centers equipment. Daily support and troubleshooting of network IP routing related problems including BGP, ISIS, and OSPF principles, policies and traffic engineering.
- Coordinate the implementation of router and switch upgrades both hardware and software in all data centers international and domestic. Implement Cisco router and Foundry switch configurations - troubleshooting of routing and switching problems.
- Identify and corrected network related problems and outages. Troubleshooting of Point-to-Point circuits T1, T3, and SONET OC3 - 192.
- Perform network analysis and network monitoring - 24/7 mission-critical environment. Configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco 3550, 6500, 7600 series routers and switches, Juniper Networks M and T-series routers and Foundry switches.
- Providing a quick response, including troubleshooting and repair, to network outages during that period.
- Coordinate and participate in conference calls during network utages to support engineering and crisis management teams in resolving issues.
- Troubleshoot LAN Media and Circuit Transmission problems. Works with external providers (LEC, CLEC, ISP's) to report and troubleshoot connectivity problems. Monitors systems status using online tools and reacts to changes in expected patterns and in a timely manner.
- Receives and coordinates maintenance notices on production calendar and seeks additional information from external sources to ensure consistency in reporting outages.
- Takes on the duties and responsibilities of NOC Manager when needed.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 phone support for the D.C. government agencies.
- Troubleshoot Frame Relay, T1, T3, IP and OSPF related router and circuit issues.
- Troubleshoot and configure the following Routers and Switches: Cisco 1604, 1721, 2600, 2900, 3500, 3640, 3745, 4006,4500, 6500, 7206, 7606, 15530, Juniper M5. Given an ip address, locate virus-infected devices on the network.
- Create and apply access lists as well as disable ports for the mitigation of network viruses.
- Pro-actively monitor network and provide analysis and reports to agencies as well as management using Concord and Cisco Works. Identify and download suitable IOS’s to TFTP servers as well as performing upgrades for network routers and switches.
- Perform the resetting of passwords and the unlocking of remote user accounts.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Duties included Windows NT 4 server setup, upgrade and administration including the installation of system-wide software, system patches and anti-virus software.
- Installed, upgraded and maintained network printers and other peripherals.
- Installed, upgraded, and maintained the network backup system.
- Provided general support and operation of Windows XP workstations. Provided desk side user support within a general client & server environment gathering pertinent information and data in order to identify and diagnose problems and then determine resolutions.
- Added and managed user e-mail accounts.
- Added and configured new network user workstations. Performed day-to-day LAN administration duties including setting up user accounts, maintaining user profiles and passwords and maintaining overall network security.
Confidential, Herndon VA
Project Lead NOC Engineer II
- Provide after-hour call support and trouble ticket creation for HUD employees.
- Diagnosis, escalate according to SLA and internal escalation procedures and resolve Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Frame Relay, IP, IPX, and SNA related issues using various Cisco router platforms including the 2600, 2900,7200 and the Cisco MGX8550. Perform IOS upgrade, configuration and addition of access lists on network routers.
- Responsible for replacement of failed network equipment. Using Remedy, create trouble-tickets for the TNII network and actively update and work issue within the allocated timeframe until resolution.
- Perform BERT testing and work with circuit providers in identifying and resolving T1 and Fractional T1 circuit related issues.
Confidential, Washington D.C
- Provide automated remote access to our authorized technicians throughout the country using Siemens.
- Remotely monitor surveillance camerasf remote locations.
- Using the Norscan monitoring tool, perform monitoring of CTC’s fiber optic cable armor and splice enclosures for damages and the presence of moisture and apply tone frequencies to the Fibers shield to locate buried and underground cables for field technicians.
- Configured the BayTech DS- RPC for Dialup and Telnet access and use it to remotely Power on, off, and reboot remote network equipment as well as providing console access to these devices.
- Created PowerPoint training presentations for new employees as well as providing hands-on training for the NOC.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Manager Inbound Test Center
- Provided UNIX Administration and Windows NT support to lab employees including the reset of network passwords and administration of files and directories permissions.
- Interviewed, preformed background checks, hired, trained, and managed a group of nine Test Engineers.
- Developed titles along with their associated job descriptions for lab employees.
- Coordinated the return of decommissioned and failed equipment back from the field.
- Worked closely with our many vendors in developing and improving our testing procedures and RMA flow processes. Documented testing procedures for customer and network equipment for both leased-line and dial-up connections. Developed and documented internal RMA procedures. Helped develop and improve many of the applications that are used by our group.
- Worked closely with many of the companies internal groups to facilitate the return and replacement of failed or obsolete equipment from the hubs to the vendors.
- Tested/Configured the following Routers and Switches: Cisco 1600 - 12000 series, Marconi (Fore Systems) ASX-200 - 4000 series, Juniper M20 - M160 Series, Lucent STDX-9000, CBX-500, TNT, and Pipeline series.
- The monitoring of Remedy for outstanding trouble tickets, replacement of failed equipment to all of our domestic and international hubs as well as for our customers, ensuring all failed equipment is returned from both our customers and hubs, and the shipping of the equipment to the vendor as well as monitoring vendor replacement compliance.
- Have worked in a total UNIX environment using SUN Workstations and have written UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Worked closely with the NOC and Manufacturers to resolve RMA related issues.
- Wrote procedures for the configuration of equipment as well as for RMA processes.
- Collaborate with various departments to launch new products as well as established configuration requirements for these products.
- Remedy, OTS and SYBASE. Proficient in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting a variety of Manufacturers Routers, Switches, and CSU/DSU’s including Adtran, ATL, Cisco, Fore Systems, Juniper, Kentrox, Larscom, Lucent, and Xedia.