- Storage Administrator with 6+ years of IT experience which includes Storage, SAN/NAS and System administration.
- Experience in administrating, maintaining and troubleshooting of VMAX 10K/20K/40K, DMX - 3/4, VNX 5500/5700, ISILON, CLARiiON-3/4, CELERRA NS-480, NS-40G/80G.
- Expertise in storage provisioning and monitoring of Symmetrix, VNX and CLARiiON, ISILON, CELERRA, VPLEX using SYMCLI, SMC, Unisphere Manager, Web Administration Interface, Isilon CLI, NaviSphere Manager, Celerra Manager and NavisecCLI, VPLEX CLI, respectively.
- Experience in implementing array based migrations using SRDF, Open Replicator, FLM San Copy, MirrorView and host based migrations using Open Migrator, PPME, Robocopy, EMCopy, Rsync, and Logical Volume Manager.
- Configuration of smart pools, smart Quotas, smart connect, NFS exports and SMB shares in ISILON clusters.
- Creating and configuring policies for SyncIQ jobs for a remote replication in an Isilon clusters.
- Creating snapshots and scheduling Snapshots at directory/subdirectory in an Isilon cluster using Snapshot IQ for a local data protection in an Isilon cluster.
- Experience in design and implementation of remote replications and disaster recovery solutions using SRDF S/A and MirrorView S/A.
- Experience in design and implementation of Local replication using Time Finder Clone/Mirror/Snap and SnapView Clone/Snapshot, VNX Snapshot, SnapView Snap Sure and Snapshot IQ.
- Experience in performance monitor/analysis using SPA and Unisphere Analyzer.
- Experience in SAN expansion in Brocade and Cisco fabrics and SAN migration between Brocade and Cisco.
- Experience in configuring VSANs on Cisco MDS using Cisco CLI and Device Manager.
- Experience with Configuration and Management of file storage with VNX-5500/5700, NS 480/ NS40G/80G series using Unisphere Manager, Celerra Manager and Celerra/VNX CLI.
- Hands on experience in administering both CIFS and NFS in Celerra/VNX/ Isilon environments.
- Experience in implementing FAST VP on VMAX10K/20K/40K and FAST in VNX 5500/5700.
- Performed administrative tasks like claiming of storage volumes, creation of extents, devices, virtual volumes, storage views in Vplex.
- Installed and configured Power Path for AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems to support load balancing and failover features.
- Worked on VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM 4.0) for the disaster recovery and managed recovery plans.
- Experience in troubleshooting various SAN related host connectivity issues.
- Experience in evaluating and architecting SAN policies and procedures to help customers improve their existing SAN infrastructure.
- Possesses hands on expertise in troubleshooting day to day SAN/Storage and host related issues quickly.
- Good communication skills and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with good mentoring skills.
- Professional team player with communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and third party products.
- Provided On Call Support & day-to-day troubleshooting SAN related issues
Operating Systems: Solaris 8/9/10, AIX 5.x/6.x/7.x, HP-UX 11.x, Red Hat 5.x/6.x, Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers, VMware 4.x/5.x.
Storage Systems: VMAX 10K/20K/40K, DMX-3/4, VPLEX-VS2, VNX 5500/5700/7500 , CLARiiON CX500/700, CX-3/4, NS-480, NS-40G/80G, VNX Series, Isilon S/X/NL, Backup and Accelerator nodes.
Networking: SAN, NAS, DAS, NFS, Auto FS, NIS, DNS, LAN, WAN, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, TCP/IP, DHCP, FCIP, FCOE.
Switches: Cisco MDS 9513/9509/9506 directors and 9140/9120/9222 i departmental switches, Brocade DCX and 48K directors and 4900/5100/5300 departmental switches.
SAN Software: SYMCLI, SMC, ECC, Unisphere and NaviSphere Manager, NavisecCLI/VNX CLI, Unisphere for VPLEX, VPLEX CLI, Brocade CLI, Web Tools, Fabric Manager, Cisco CLI, Cisco Device Manager, Celerra Snap Sure, Celerra Replicator, Isilon CLI, Web Administrative Interface.
Business Continuity Solutions: TimeFinder Mirror/Clone/Snap, SRDF S/A and VNX/CLARiiON SnapView Snaps/Clones, VNX Snapshots, SnapView Snap Sure, MirrorView S/A, VPLEX, SyncIQ, Snapshot IQ.
Data Migration Tools: SRDF, Open Replicator, FLM, Open Migrator, PPME, SAN Copy and LVM, EMCopy, Robocopy, Rsync
Multipath Software: Power Path, VERITAS DMP, Red Hat MPIO.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Storage Administrator
- Day to day allocation of storage from VMAX, DMX-4, DMX-3, VNX, CX3/4, arrays to Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX, VMware servers.
- Performed Auto-provisioning on VMAX by creating, initiator groups, port groups, storage groups and masking views using SMC and Solution Enabler.
- Implemented thin provisioning in VMAX by creating data devices, thin devices, thin Pool, and add data devices to pool, binding thin devices to Thin Pool, using SYM CLI/SMC with oversubscription for maximum utilization of storage assets.
- Implemented FAST-VP by creating tiers, policies and associating policies to storage groups in VMAX.
- Implemented various business continuity data recovery, backup operations using TimeFinder Clone/Snap for local replication, SRDF S/A for remote replication.
- Implemented SRDF/A which includes creation of dynamic RDF groups, RDF pairs and enable RDFA. Add and removal of luns from the RDF group when needed by enabling consistent exempt flag.
- Creating Meta luns based on the application requirements.
- Installed and configured Solutions Enabler, SMC/SPA and Unisphere Manager for VMAX on management servers.
- Management of VNX 5500/5700 along with creation, exporting, sharing, mounting, mapping of file systems.
- Creation of CIFS servers, CIFS shares, management of CIFS Files permissions and Share permissions on VNX.
- Implemented FAST and Data compression for LUNs and configuring FAST cache on VNX.
- Configuration of LDAP, NTP on VNX arrays and Isilon clusters.
- Installation, configuration and monitoring of Isilon clusters.
- Configuration and maintenance of Isilon nodes S/X/NL, Backup and Accelerator Nodes.
- Experience in creating and configuring policies for SyncIQ jobs for a remote replication in an Isilon clusters.
- Experience in creating snapshots and scheduling snapshots at directory/subdirectory level using SnapshotIQ for a local data protection in an Isilon cluster.
- Experience in configuring InsightIQ in an Isilon environment as a standalone virtual appliance.
- Experience in implementation of Smart pools, Smart connect, Smart fail, and Smart lock in an Isilon cluster.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of Smart Quotas.
- Experience in creation and implementation of NFS Exports and SMB Shares in an Isilon cluster.
- Administration of Isilon cluster using Isilon CLI and Web Administration Interface tools.
- Performed administrative tasks like claiming of storage volumes, creation of extents, devices, virtual volumes and storage views in VPLEX.
- Good experience in provisioning storage and migrating the data from old arrays to new arrays using VPLEX.
- Administration of VPLEX using VPLEX CLI and Unisphere for VPLEX.
- Moved data between different devices and between different extents, while maintaining I/O access to the data for host using VPLEX.
- Involved in the evaluation of migration methods by discussing with system/database administrators and application owners.
- Migrated data from VNX to Isilon cluster using robocopy and emcopy.
- Migrated several terabytes of data from CX-3/4 to VMAX using array based Open Replicator/FLM, PPME and Open Migrator.
- Migrated data using SANCOPY from CX-3/4 to VNX.
- Configured Brocade 5300 and DCX switches and day to day SAN zoning using Brocade CLI, Web Tools by creating aliases, zones and configurations.
Storage Arrays: VMAX, DMX-3/4, VNX, CLARiiON, ISILON, VPLEX.
Fabric /switch: Brocade DCX Directors and 5300 switches.
Operating system: VMware 4.x/5.x, AIX 6.x/7.x, HP-UX 11.x, Win 2k3/2k8/2k12, Linux 5.x/ 6.x, Solaris 9/10.
Tools: SYMCLI, SMC, Unisphere Manager for VMAX/VPLEX, Unisphere, NaviSphere Manager, NavisecCLI, Open Replicator, FLM, PPME, Open Migrator, TimeFinder, SRDF, FAST-VP, VPLEX CLI, Brocade CLI, DCNM, ECC, Isilon CLI, Web Administration Interface.
Sr. San/Storage Operations Engineer
- Implemented Virtual and Thin Provisioning in VMAX by using SYMCLI and SMC.
- Used SRDF/A for setting up Disaster Recovery between VMAX to VMAX and enabled consistency at the RDF Groups. Created Dynamic RDF groups and RDF devices in order to implement SRDF/A.
- Also worked in disaster recovery operations team to perform the DR exercise to check the data consistency at the remote site using failover, update and failback operations.
- Implemented and Configured Business Continuity Solutions Time Finder Mirror/Clone/ Snap for DMX and VMAX.
- Implemented various Business Continuity strategies as per the RPO and RTO requirements of mission critical applications.
- Prepared proper Documentation for all the SAN Switches and Storage Systems, prior to data migration by discussing with storage team.
- Prepared Run books and work books for migration and disaster recovery procedures.
- Allocated storage to VMware ESX, Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris along with clusters.
- Provisioned storage from CLARiiON CX4-480/960 for different servers using Unisphere manager and NavisecCLI.
- Implemented disaster recovery solution Mirror View/A for remote replication between CLARiiON CX4-960’s.
- Setup alerts for monitoring of thin pools usage on VMAX and expanded the pools accordingly.
- Administration of NS-480 NAS Celerra systems including creation of file systems, exporting and mounting through CIFS/NFS, and configuring network interfaces.
- Setup and configured new Celerra NS-480 and migrated CIFS/NFS data from old NS-704 to NS-480 using migration tool Celerra Replicator.
- Configured and integrated iSCSI with Celerra NAS for SQL and Exchange environments.
- Responsible for performing day to day operational tasks like storage provisioning and maintaining high availability as per EMC best practices.
- Discovered VMAX, DMX, VNX, CLARiiON, CELERRA, Switches and Hosts in the ECC Console.
- Administration of ECC, monitoring alerts, set data collection policies and alert thresholds, responsible for testing and verifying device configuration recommendation to enhance array performance.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of ECC and took care of installing the agents in the production environments.
- Installed Power Path on different servers for load balancing and failover.
- Performed installation of Solutions Enabler and Symmetrix Management Console
- Performed Zone administration on the fabric to do migration according to requirements.
- Involved in migrating the SAN environment from Brocade 48K switches to Cisco MDS 9513 directors.
- Configured Cisco switches by creating VSAN’s, Port Channel, TE ports and zoning.
Storage Arrays: VMAX, DMX-3/4, VNX, CLARiiON CX4-480/960 and CX3-80, CELERRA NS-480/ NS-704,
Fabric /switch: Cisco 9513 and Brocade 48k.
Operating system: VMware 4.x/5.0, AIX 5.x, 6.x, HP-UX 11.x, Win 2k3/2k8, Linux 5.x/ 6.x, Solaris 8, 9, 10.
Tools: SYMCLI, SMC, Unisphere, NavisecCLI, NaviSphere manager, TimeFinder, SRDF, Open Replicator, Open Migrator, PPME, Brocade CLI, Cisco CLI, Cisco Device Manager, Cisco Fabric Manager and Celerra Manager, ECC.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Sr. Storage Administrator
- Allocated and Provisioned storage from VMAX, DMX-3/4 arrays to Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX, VMware servers.
- Performed installation of Solutions Enabler 7.x and SMC 7.x on management servers.
- Performed Auto-provisioning on VMAX by creating, initiator groups, port groups, storage groups and masking views using SMC and Solution Enabler SYMCLI.
- Implemented Thin Provisioning in VMAX by creating Data devices, thin devices, Thin Pool, and adding data devices to pool, binding thin devices to Pool, using SMC 7.x.
- Involved in the evaluation of migration methods by discussing with system/database administrators and application owners.
- Implemented storage provisioning from NS 480 Celerra systems.
- Created NFS and CIFS protocol and exported them to UNIX clients and shared them to Windows clients respectively.
- Allocated storage to VMware ESX, ESXi clusters, Windows, Solaris/AIX/HP servers.
- Depending on the customer’s downtime acceptance, migrated data from DMX-3 to VMAX, IBM Fast arrays to VMAX using array based Open Replicator.
- Migrated Logical volumes between any source and storage with less disruption and highly automated using host based software Open Migrator.
- Migrated TBs of data using SANCOPY from CX700/CX-3, IBM FastT/Shark, HP-EVA Storage arrays to CX-960.
- Migrated data from smaller LUN to larger LUN within CLARiiON using LUN migration.
- Performed a detailed Storage Capacity Planning by collecting data using ECC Storage Scope reports to prepare the customer for Tech Refresh projects.
- Gained working knowledge on Recover Point and assisted the client on RPA based data migration from one data center to the other.
- Created Consistency Groups, configured journal volumes and created Recover Point session for RPA based data migration
- Created volume groups, logical volumes, imported and exported volume groups during open migration sessions
- Implemented and tested SRDF/A for selected high performance Tier 1 applications from DMX4 to V-MAX including creation of dynamic RA groups, dynamic RDF pairs and device groups
- Based on the analysis, implemented a disaster recovery solution between DMX-4 and DMX-4 located in same metro area using SRDF/S.
- Implemented Business Continuity solutions for production data using Time Finder Clone Emulation, Time Finder/Snap on DMX/VMAX.
- Troubleshooting critical issues including threshold optimization, server throughput, ports availability, meeting zoning requirements, one-path down, host not seeing storage management problems.
Storage Arrays: VMAX, DMX-3/4, CLARiiON CX-3/4-960 and CX-700, CELERRA NS-480.
Fabric /switch: Brocade DCX Directors.
Operating system: VMware ESX, ESXi, AIX 5.3/6.x, Red Hat Linux ES4.x/5.x, HP-UX 11.x, Solaris 8/9/10, Win 2k/2k3/2k8.
Tools: SYMCLI, SMC, TimeFinder, SRDF, Open Replicator, Open Migrator, SAN Copy, NavisecCLI, NaviSphere manager 6.x, Brocade CLI, DCNM,
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Performed functions of a Storage Administrator including Zoning, LUN Masking and LUN Provisioning on Symmetrix and CLARiiON.
- Involved in Symmetrix configuration, connecting management server to the Symmetrix through fabric, and initializing the VCMDB.
- Converting the STDs to BCVs using sym configure, create and manage device groups and setup the BCVs to do establish, split and mount volumes on a different server to do the backup operations
- Consolidated storage and expanded by upgrading from CX-700 to a higher capacity CX3-20 using San Copy.
- Created a complete documentation that includes all the components in the SAN environment, Scripts to control the replication process, BCV setup for backup, disaster recovery procedures.
- Implemented High availability solutions like MirrorView, San Copy on CLARiiON for source and target sites.
- Followed proper Change Management Procedures, well prepared and submitted all the required documents for all SAN / Storage migration projects.
- Creating the meta Luns based on the application requirements using SYMCLI, NaviSphere Manager
- Decommissioned storage for open systems by reclaiming the storage after destroying the data, unmounting the file systems, unmasking, unmapping from the FA ports and dissolving the Meta devices using SYMCLI.
- Cleaned up the old storage includes deleting SRDF pairs and clone relationships.
- Provided documents for operational management, troubleshooting the issues that occur in the SAN environment.
- Implemented host San connectivity (core-edge) using with Brocade 3800, 3900, 12k, 48k directors and connected all the storage (DMX3, DMX-3000, and CX3-20, CX700) systems to core and host systems to the edge switches which provides a huge connectivity options for future use.
- Created copies of production data by configuring clones form the production data using Time Finder Business Continuity used for testing and development and for backups.
- Implemented san migration from a linear (24K) topology to core-edge with 48K and Brocade switches 3800/3900.
- Converted the device personalities as per the requirement (converting STD to BCVs and BCVs to BCV/R1 and setup R1 and R2 etc.).
- Implemented a disaster recovery solution using SRDF/AR between the two sites (production and DR) located geographically apart.
Storage: DMX-3, DMX-3000, CLARiiON CX3-20, CX-700
Fabric /switch: Brocade 12k, 48k Directors and 3800, 3900 departmental switches
Tools: SYMCLI, Time Finder/Mirror, Clone, Snaps, SRDF/S and SRDF/A, MirrorView/S/A, NaviCLI, NaviSphere manager, SnapView Snap/Clone, SAN Copy, Brocade CLI, Brocade Web Tools
Operating system: AIX (5.2/5.3), HP-UX (11.00/11.11 ), Win 2k/2k3/2K8, Solaris 8/9/10
- Day to day jobs include storage allocation, troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting on the SAN Environment using SYMCLI, NaviSphere Manager
- Implemented, administered and maintained high end storage arrays Symmetrix DMX 2000, and DMX-3 950 and mid-range CLARiiON CX-600, CX-700 storage arrays
- Created and configured RAID groups, resized, and bound LUNs through NaviSphere manager and NaviCLI on CLARiiON CX-600, CX-700 arrays
- Implemented merging of new Brocade 3900 switches into existing production Brocade 3800 SAN fabric.
- Implemented trunking of ISLs between switches to increase the bandwidth on Brocade 24k switches
- Customized NaviSphere Event monitor for the Storage environment and configured automatic storage event notifications to users in the case of failures or status changes on the CLARiiON disk arrays in the storage enterprise.
- Followed Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instruction Documents to ensure same processes were implemented for storage provisioning and troubleshooting.
- Installed Solutions Enabler (SE) on Windows, UNIX systems, managed licenses and discovered Symmetrix arrays.
- Created, expanded, destroyed raid groups using NaviSphere Manager.
- Created MetaLuns by expanding base Luns using striping and concatenation using SYMCLI, NaviSphere.
- Configured point in time Mirror and Clone copies of the production data using the Time Finder Business Continuity Solution for backup and for the testing team to use the production data.
- Implemented SRDF/A between DMX3-950 and DMX3-2500 at remote site for Disaster Recovery solution.
- Implemented MirrorView/A between CX-600 and CX 700 which are at different geographical distant locations.
- Installing and troubleshooting QLogic and Emulex HBAs including drivers to provide SAN access for Host integration.
Storage: DMX3-950, DMX-2000, DMX-2500, CLARiiON CX-500/CX-700
Fabric /switch: Brocade 3800, 3900 departmental switches, Brocade 12k, 48k, 24k Enterprise switches.
Tools: SYMCLI, NaviCLI, NaviSphere manager, Brocade CLI.
Operating system: AIX (5.2/5.3), HP-UX (11.00/11.11 ), Win 2k/2k3, Solaris 8/9/10.
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, NIS, DNS, FTP.
Operating system: Solaris 7/8/9