- 7+ years of experience in System Admin in Windows and Linux environment
- Provided assistance with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop, laptops, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines
- Collaborated with clients to plan infrastructure expansion and upgrades based on business goals and assessment of existing technologies.
- Built PCs, installed and configured operating systems and application software, and recommended antivirus and security procedures and tools.
- Performed periodic backups as part of the client's business continuity strategy. Trained users in equipment and application use.
- Planned, scheduled and coordinated the deployment and upgrade of operating systems, hardware, software installations and desktops
- Configured and Installed hardware and software on desktops and laptops.
- Monitored CPU, disk usage, response times aiding in maintaining OS efficiency and performance.
- Troubleshoot trouble tickets to resolve basic technical problems with desktop computing equipment
- Expertise in configuring WINS, DNS, DHCP and Active directory services in Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012 servers.
- Administration, implementation and support of LAN/WAN networks on multi platforms like Solaris 7, 8, 9, 10, Redhat 3/4/5, AS 2.1, 3, 4.x and Windows 2000, 2003.
- Developed disaster recovery plan and implemented disaster recovery for SQL, Exchange and Active Directory applications in windows domain.
- Wide experience in Migration & Upgrades, Software and Network security.
- Expertise in Configuring & troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Software Updates Services (SUS), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Terminal Services and VPN Server on Windows 2000,2003 & 2008 Server.
- Thorough Knowledge of Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 TCPI/IP, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Office 365
- Active Directory Group Policy Objects, Group Policy Management Control, Active Directory Certificate Services, Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM), DHCP, WINS and DNS Zones
- Experience with MS exchange and other mail programs Network operations.
- Experience troubleshooting VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix issue, WAN & LAN connectivity, VMWare issues.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration and maintenance of wide messaging with Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 servers in windows 200x domains. Migration of Exchange 5.5/2000 server to Exchange 2003
- In - depth knowledge of hardware and software, troubleshooting and problem resolution with Microsoft Windows NT/ 2000 /2003/ 2008/ XP/Vista.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and administration of virtualization tools like VMWare Infrastructure 3 and Xen 3.x
- Set up and administered Domain Name Server (DNS) server on SUN Solaris, Redhat.
- Dedicated, talented and technical professional with experience in computer system, network and LAN/WAN management support.
- Excellent understanding of ITIL v3 and experience
- Achievement oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven strength in troubleshooting, problem solving, coordination, analysis and a proven track record of success.
- A good team player with ability to lead a team by example and motivate them to achieve desired objectives. Willing to take on extra responsibilities to get work done.
SKILLS Operating Systems: Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 Server, NT/2000/XP/Vista desktop, Solaris 2.6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Redhat 6.2, 7.x, 8, 9, RHEL 3.0, 4.x, 5
Databases: asOracle 10g/9i/8.0/7.x, MS SQL Server 2000/2005
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Visual Basic 6.0
Network Hardware: Wireless LAN Products, Nortel PBX. Compaq/HP/IBM/Dell Servers. Dell, Compaq, HP, IBM Desktops and Laptops, Printers, Scanners. Application Servers WebLogic 6.x, 7.x, 8.x and 9, JBoss 3.x, 4.x, 5.x Database Servers Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, 2005
Network: Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VPN, CSU/DSU, Telnet, SSH. DHCP, DNS, WINS, ARP, FTP, Telnet,
Mail Servers: Microsoft Exchange Server 2008/2012, Office 365 Internet/Web Servers Microsoft IIS 5/6Software Tools: Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, ARC serve Backup, VERITAS Backup Exec, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio 2000, Microsoft Terminal Services, Front Range, Remedy 7.0/6.0, Email (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
Desktop Support and System Admin
- Provided desktop support as part of a team using Microsoft XP/Vista, Mac, Office 2007 & Lotus Notes.
- Performed administrative services on a BES server including creating user accounts, assigning security policies, setting activation passwords & assigning devices.
- Prepared complete setup, configuration of desktops, laptops for new hires using Norton Ghost to reimage drives and performing quality insurance checks on computers before assigning to end users.
- Provided sole onsite technical support to over 250 end users in an integrated Windows 2000/XP/ OS X environment.
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot end users Mail clients using both Microsoft Outlook 2003/07.
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot wireless network settings.
- Assisted in upgrading network switches/routers to ensure more reliable connectivity for end users and troubleshooting firewall issues.
- Performed an administrative role in assigning permissions to network printers using Active Directory
- Researched new industry technologies and recommended proactive solutions within the environment.
- Oversaw and maintained a supply of computer equipment(Desktops, Laptops) which were used for training purposes and in emergency situations.
- Assisted in migrating a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server and LAN consisting of over 1000 workstations into a new domain configured with Active Directory Services
- Installed, configured and troubleshot VPN software/settings for remote users
- Experience on MS Windows Server File and Print Server
- Configured and maintained Active Directory - Identity and Access Management, Implementing various policies for the user using the group policies on Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 Server.
- Configured and Maintained DNS, DHCP and WINS on Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 Server.
- Configured and Maintained Terminal Server on Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 Server.
- Maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server - Mailbox Management, Backup and Recovery of Mailbox using Retrospect Backup, Integrating with Windows Active Directory Services, configuration for internal and external mail delivery, configuring user computer to work with exchange server.
- Managing windows Services - AD, Group policy, DNS, DHCP, Terminal Services and WINS.
- Managing User accounts, Computer accounts, Security groups in AD.
- Group Policy Management that includes planning, implementing, and troubleshooting.
- Managing application Specific attributes for AD such as Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Monitor all server logs on Domain Exchange.
- Manage identity information using Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 .
- Provide Microsoft server administration to include monitoring server status, troubleshooting issues with client connectivity, response time, server performance, backup/restore, and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365 - Exchange Server installations, Connectivity issues, Active Directory Issues, Client Setup Issues, and Server Performance.
- Installation and Configuration of all Network Operating systems, system upgrades, system documentation, daily administration and problem resolution.
- Assisting IT staff and users working on incidents relating to hardware, software, and communication issues.
- Attending the User Calls and Guiding the User in Troubleshooting PC, Network and Desktops Problems etc.
- Helping design and plan infrastructure to support new applications and technologies and playing a key role in the implementation and on-going maintenance of such tools.
- Interconnectivity between different Operating Systems with TCP/IP including in user administration, Microsoft Office suite support, Windows 2000 & 2003, XP, and Exchange management.
- Installation of connectivity and communications protocols and printer management functions across multiple networks.
- Provided Help Desk support for first time users with Windows Operating Systems (Windows XP, 2000), MS Outlook, MS Office, and any other application.
- Developed powershell scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Configured and monitored Cisco routers and switches for all the offices.
- Responsible for documentation, testing, performance optimization and conducting usability study.
- Installing and configuring different types software’s as per end user requirement.
- Installing, configuring and updating Solaris 8, 9, 10 servers using media, live upgrade and Jumpstart, and Redhat Linux 5.x, AS 3 and 4.x servers using Kickstart.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 3.x for running the Windows OS on Redhat Linux Servers on development and test servers.
- Implemented Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Redhat environments.
- Using live upgrade to upgrade Solaris servers from 8, 9 to 10.
- Implemented HA using Veritas Cluster Server 5.0 for WebLogic agent.
- Managing DNS, NIS servers and troubleshooting the servers.
- Worked with Veritas Foundation Suite 5 and performed tasks like creating disk groups, volumes, initializing disks, replacing failed disks etc.
- Used Sun Volume Manager for Solaris and LVM on Linux/AIX to create volumes with layouts like RAID 1, 5, 10, 51.
- Re-compiling Linux kernel to remove services and applications that are not required.
- Performed performance analysis using tools like prstat, mpstat, iostat, sar, vmstat, truss, Dtrace.
- Worked on day to day administration tasks and resolve tickets using Remedy.
- Worked on the administration of the WebLogic servers including installation and deployments.
- Shell Scripting to automate the regular tasks like removing core files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers
- Setup NFS file systems and shared them to clients.
- Solaris 10 Zone Configuration and ZFS file systems
- Performed administration and monitored job processes using associated commands.
- Maintained Linux and Unix servers, evaluating needs and installed appropriate recommended patches as needed.
- Applied patches on all Linux/AIX 6.0 Boxes from common repository using RPM.
- Administrated DHCP, DNS, NFS and Samba services in Linux and AIX.
- File system Administration, Setting up Disk Quota
- Troubleshooting Day - to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- Worked with Linux, Oracle Database, and Network teams to ensure the smooth relocation of the servers.
- User and group administration on both Solaris 10 and Red Hat servers.
- Ability to learn new and existing hardware and software and adapt
- Performed routine checks on the Redhat/Solaris servers
- Monitor Linux/AIX Server for CPU utilization, Memory Utilization and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
Production Support Engineer
- Monitoring daily scheduled jobs in Mainframe applications. Working on the root cause if any job fails and fix it and if needed reschedule the job
- Monitoring all alerts and escalate all issues for all procedures and systems
- Coordinating with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyzing root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production processes
- Following the monthly activity process of the client and maintaining up to date images including the latest patches
- Deployment of any new application, Upgradation.
- Monitoring the ticket service center in our queue and respond to the tickets and update their status accordingly
- Coordinate with the customers to their issues and resolve them
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out of box failures
- Perform all tests on production applications and prepare recovery procedures for all applications and provide upgrade to same.
- Maintain logs of all issues and ensure resolutions according to quality assurance tests for all production processes.
Technical Support Engineer
- Responding to worksites on an exceptional basis to resolve problems unable to be resolved remotely.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical and functional issues via phone, email, and remote control using available resources.
- Remotely complete software installation, modification, and deletion requests using Citrix Metaframe & Citrix Client
- Utilize call tracking management software like Remedy, HP Open View Service Desk to create, resolve and/or escalate technical issues.
- Support Active Directory administration such as account maintenance, Group Policy updates and Software updates
- Serving as the central point of contact for all technical issues.
- Documenting according to the standard operating procedures as requested
- Identify and improve processes and procedures that can improve the customer experience
- Assist in the training of less experienced staff members
- Managing SLA of Incidents logged within the desk.
- Provided support for users and fixed issues related to work stations. Duties also include maintaining user, group accounts, disk management, allocate disk quotas and monitoring system usage
- Responsibilities include setting up, trouble shooting network printers for Windows users
- Setting up start up/shutdown scripts and lockdown of desktops.
- Also assisting users in setting up VPN connections and troubleshooting if any issues.
- Following with the resolving towers to get the updates on the existing incidents requests.
- Building team activities and other initiatives for process enhancement.
- Experience in ITIL Methodology.