I have over 16 years of professional experience in Network Design, Support and Security. Through my experience I’ve obtained a broad knowledge in network infrastructure technologies with expertise in customizing solutions that have specialized requirements.
- Super X/Fast Iron GS/SX1600 switches
- Net Iron MLX - e/Big Iron RX Routers
- ASA/FWSM/PIX Firewalls
- Nexus 7K/5K/4K/2K
- L3 Switch/Routers
- Cisco ACS 3.x to 5.x
- Wireless 4400 Controllers
- Thin or Light Weight Access Points
- Bluecoat SG Proxy
- Bluecoat Director
- Bluecoat Reporter
- McAfee Web gateway
- Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance Manager & Web proxies
- Squid Proxy
- Backtrack, Kali Linux
- F5 Firepass
- GTM - Global Traffic Manager
- LTM - Local Traffic Manager
- ASM - App. Security Manager
- VNE Server
- IT Sentinel
- IT Guru Network Planner
- ARX Appliance
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Sr. Principle Network Engineer
- As a Sr. Principle Network Engineer, I provide Architect/Engineering expertis for enterprise network environments. The projects range from Datacenter, Campus remote location to highly secured environments.
Technologies: Route & Switch,Cisco Layer 2/Layer 3 switching, Dynamic routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc), MPLS & L3VPN, DMVPNs
Confidential, Washington, DC
Principle Network Engineer
- As a Principle Network Engineer, I provide operations support for Enterprise Infrastructure services along with Network Engineering. I’m a subject matter expert for Enterprise load balancing. I also support Firewall security technologies and Datacenter. I manage the following technologies and vendors.
- Load Balancer (SME)
- F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- F5 Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- Cisco ACE 4K series and ACE Module 6509 blades
- Juniper SRX/Netscreen firewalls
- Cisco ASA firewall - 5500 series
- Taclane KG-175A & KG-175D
- Cisco 2900, 3700, 4500 series switches
- Cisco 4500, 6500-E, 6500-VSS switches, 7200 Routers
- Nexus Datacenter Enterprise Infrastructure (7K,5K & 2K series)
- Nexus TOR, SPINE and LEAF series switches (9K Architecture)
- Datacenter CLOS Technology for cloud clusters
- VPC, Peer-Switch, etc
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, VA
Senior Network Architect/Engineer
- As a Senior Network Engineer, I provide Network Architecture, engineering and perations support for datacenter infrastructure services. I manage the following technologies and vendors.
- Juniper Netscreen firewalls
- Cisco ASA firewall - 5500 Series
- Cisco ACS 5.x
- Cisco NAC
- Taclane's KG-174A & D, KIV-7M
- F5 LTM & GTM 11.x version, irules, specialized load balancing methods, along with custom health monitors.
- Cisco 2900, 3700, 4500 series switches
- Cisco 6500, 7600 L3 switches
- Cisco 2900 routers
- Dynamic routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP,
- Standard and Extended ACL’s,
- Cisco L3 switching SVI's and VRF’s
- Datacenter Virtualization
- Cisco Nexus 7000 series
- VMware Vcenter 4.x, 5.x
- VMware ESXi Hypervisor 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- Cisco UCS - Fabrics and Chassis
- Server Administration
- Sun, Oracle, Red hat, DNS, rsyslog, tftp, etc.
- Microsoft AD 2008R2 administration (DNS,DHCP, etc)
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Security Engineer
- Cisco ASA Single & Multimode Firewalls (5500 Series)
- Remote (Anyconnect) & Site to Site administration
- ACL, Static/Dynamic Translation administration
- McAfee (Web Washers) Web Proxies (Forward & Reverse)
- Symantec Antivirus
- Confidential ISS HIDS & NIDS
- Sourcefire NIDS
- F5 Load Balancers (LTMs)
- Cisco ACS, Ciscoworks, CSM administration
- Solarwinds monitoring and management
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Cyber Security Architect
- Manage Ciscoworks Prime 4.x and Cisco ACS 5.x VMware & appliances to support infrastructure.
- Designed and Implemented Cisco MAB solution for OFR and other DO bureaus.
- Managed Cisco Nexus 4KI and Security Enclave for OFR organization.
- Experience with Nexus 4Ki, 5K and 7K in datacenter environments with Treasury (Designed, Configured, first deployment of Enterprise QoS for DO infrastructure)
- Managed Router ACL’s for Security Enclave for OFR organization.
- Designed and Implemented QoS solution for DO enterprise to support VOIP infrastructure. Also to support enterprise applications for OFR and other bureaus.
- Modified design and configured ASA 5580-40 for a security enclave proposed design.
Confidential, Fort Belvoir
F5 SME Architect/Engineer
- DIACAP Certification and Accreditation of Atlas Application
- F5 Load Balancer Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- As a Brocade Resident Consultant, Mr. Sloan was responsible for the design and support of Brocade (Foundry) Infrastructure for DOD customer (Fort Knox NEC).
- He assessed customer requirements and network infrastructure on future architect design upgrades. He replaced Extreme Network core with brocade high-end routers and switches. He maintained DISA network security STIGs for Brocade layer 2 & 3 switches. Also maintained server security STIGs for Sun Solaris and Windows 2008 servers.
- Strategic Business Systems experience (contd)
- DISA STIGS are the guidelines he used to test, assess, and evaluate technologies deployed within the infrastructure. He scanned windows & Unix applications to verify if services are secure. He evaluated the security of the network protocols used by the application with sniffers.
- Application and Equipment Testing:
- Brocade Switch/Router configuration
- Cisco Switch/Router configuration
- Cisco VOIP - Call Manager/Unity & IP Phone
- Unix & Windows Server operating systems
- Brocade Iron view Network Manager (INM) application
- Computer Associate (CA) Spectrum Monitoring System application
- Avaya VOIP infrastructure - CLAN & IP Phone connectivity
Confidential, Reston, VA
- As a Network Architect, Mr. Sloan was responsible for supporting and designing DHS/TSA infrastructure. His initial focus when starting on the TSA project was as a subject matter expert (SME) for F5 load balancers products. He designed and tested new F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM) solution to upgrade old
- F5 load balance WEB, Application, and backend database tiers. He also worked with the Confidential SOC to review the current IDS/HIDS infrastructure for compliance against customer requirements.
- This lead to an upgrade to replace the current Sourcefire IDS and Confidential ISS NIDS. He also took the lead as the AirDefense engineer on designing and testing Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS) to protect the customer’s first wireless WI-FI Protected Access 2 (WPA2) AES-128 certificate based supplicant wireless system infrastructure.
- He reviewed customer security requirements to update documentation on new architecture.
- He evaluated requirements and new designs in a lab environment while documenting the as-builts for technical references in support of certification and accreditation.
- Assisted in Cisco VOIP administrative tasks and upgrades for internal and remote customer locations.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Network Architect/Senior Network Engineer
- As a Network Architect, Mr. Sloan was responsible for designing all IT environments within the Confidential Enterprise, with a heavy focus on the datacenter.
- He reviewed customer requirements to evaluate the current infrastructure, and then designed solutions for Confidential to fulfill current and future requirements.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Senior Network Engineer (Full Time)
- As a Senior Network Engineer, Mr. Sloan was responsible for the design, implementation and management of network infrastructure for the Confidential Datacenter and other campus network locations throughout the enterprise.
- His responsibilities were to monitor and maintain datacenter switches, routers, firewalls, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) servers, Cisco and F5 Load Balancers.
- He worked with third party financial service vendors to maintain their connectivity to the Confidential mainframe.
- He worked heavily with UNIX and Windows administrators on day-to-day requests, projects and issues.
- He trained contractors to build a dedicated datacenter network team for maintaining daily operations and weekend maintenance updates.
- He managed the network personnel and on-call rotation.
- He maintained network security for the Confidential datacenter using the following technologies.:
- Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS)
- Microsoft Windows Radius Server
- Steel belt Radius Server
- Cisco firewalls: PIX 525, Firewall Service Module (FWSM), ASA 5510
- Checkpoint firewalls: Nokia, NG FP3 software
- Cisco Routers: 2600, 3600 series
- Cisco Switches: Cat 4000, IOS 2900, 4006, 3700
- Bluecoat Proxy Firewall