- Over 8 years of experience as Systems Engineer/Administrator with focus on installs, configurations, administration and support of Various OS, such as Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012, VMware 4.x/5.x/6/.x
- Experience in deploying virtual networks and upgrading systems, including hardware, software, networks, databases, servers and peripheral equipment.
- VMware Esx 3.5/4.0, VMware Esxi 4.1/5.0/5.1,5.5, 6.x, Expertise in advanced features of Esxi/Esxi 4/5, VMotion, storage VMotion, ha, drs, and update manager.
- Expertise with maintaining and updating the domain controllers and rodc in Windows server 2003/2008/2012.
- Expertise in upgrading of Esxi 4.1 to Esxi 5.x hosts, vcenter 4 to 5, as well as upgrading 2000+ vm’s from virtual machine hardware 7 to 8 as part of a major enterprise upgrade.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000 Wintel server, Professional, Windows 2003 , 2008 and 2012 Wintel Servers.
- Experience in Designing, Installing, Configuring, Administrating and Troubleshooting VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Environment.
- Expertise in creating ad 2003, 2008, 2012 accounts, file permissions, dns records administration.
- Expertise in assisting with the administration and upgrading from Windows 2003 to 200 8 active directory and domains.
- Experience in RHEL/Windows server provisioning, upgrades, patching, configuration and performance tuning in Linux, andVMware environments.
- Expert in server builds, installs, upgrades, patches, configuration and performance tuning in red hat Linux/Windows server 2003/2008 on VMware virtualized environments.
- Worked on V Sphere, vCloud Suite /vRealize suite - vRealize Operations Manager (vRops), Log Insight, vRealize Orchestration(vRO), and vRealize Automation (vRA/ vCAC), VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN)
- Experience in Cisco UCS /HP C7000 blades administration and troubleshooting,Writing PowerShell Scripts, vb and powercli scripts.Worked with VMware NSX.
- Administration and Architect of public and private cloud platforms.
- Expertise in creation of RHEL and Windows 03/08/2012 servers utilizing templates, custom iso’s and vbscripts, powercli scripts.
- Experience in creating protection groups, recovery plans, test dr plans, and sra’s in srm.
- Experience in developing documentation and runbooks for disaster recovery plans via srm by coordinating with multiple datacenters across the us.
- Experience deploying Esxi based servers using hp ilo and cisco ucs for datacenter production and lab servers.
- Expertise in building, configuring and upgrading Cisco UCS with ucs manager, hp-7000 enclosures with hp bl 460’s, bl 620’s, bl 680’s, hp integrity bl 870c i2 utilizing oa, vcem, hp virtual connect support utility.
- Experience configuring shared uplink sets, san fabrics, server profiles, boot from san, nason both flex-10 and flex fabric.
- Extensive knowledge on Windows Azure IAAS and PAAS models along with SQL Azure
- Expertise in creating vm templates, cloning and managing snapshots.
- Expertise in building out hp c-7000 enclosures via configuring shared uplink sets, san fabrics, server profiles utilizing vcm 3.75
- Expertise working on VMware converter 4.3/5.0 to do virtual to virtual migration as well as physical to virtual server migration.
- Experience writing both powershell and powercli scripts to automate virtual machine builds and dns entry configurations.
- Experienced in installing, configuring Windows 2008 / 2003 and Esxi on hp rack servers dl 580s, 380s, hp c-7000 enclosures running bl460c, bl620c blades, dell r-710 rack servers and cisco ucs b200’s b250’s.
- Experience in developing documentation and runbooks for p2v migrations utilizing VMware converter by coordinating with multiple datacenters across the us.
- Experience with tier three supporting servers and directory service issues. Any unresolved issues were escalated directly to VMwaresupport.
- Experience in managing and configuring multipath based solution and well experienced in configuring netapp san, nas based luns.
- Expertise in VMware environment architecture, maintenance and performance tuning the virtual environment.
- Expertise in configuring hp dl 580’s, 380’s g5’s/6’s/7’s rack servers and upgrading servers using hp smart update manager.
- Expertise with patch management of hosts and vm’s using VMware vcenter update manager to create baselines, baseline groups to stage and remediate.
- Extensive experience in installing and configuring storage technology such as san, nas, iscsi, and raid.
- Ensured optimal network performance and documented administration practices for peers.
Virtualization: VSphere 6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0/4.0 / 4.1 , ESXI/Esxi server 5.0/4.1/4.0, VSphere Client, VCenter, VMotion, Storage VMotion, VMwareUpdate Manager, VMware Tools, VMware NSX, VMware Converter, DRS, HA & FT and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/ 2008/2003/2000 Ent/Std,Windows95/98,2000,XP,Vista, Windows7, 8, windows 10. VMware ESXI 2.5, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.5, Esxi4.1, ESXI4.1 Macintosh10.4, 10.5,10.6, MS-DOS
Server Operating: MS Windows Server/Exchange Server (2000/ 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012), Red Hat Linux (Enterprise Linux 4/5/6), UBUNTU, SUSE 8/9/10.
Hardware : Cisco UCS, IBM Blades 360 M3, LS 20, HP Blades BL685, 680, 460, Dell Power Edge Servers & Desktops GX Series, HP DC 7900/8000 Desktops
Scripting : VB Script, PowerShell, Perl and Power CLI.
Storage : DAS, NAS (NFS), SAN and ISCSI.
Database : MS-SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle 8/9i/10g/11i, IBM DB2.
Backups : VERITAS Netback up, TSM, Avamar and Windows NT Backup.
Antivirus : Symantec Endpoint, Norton Antivirus and McAfee.
Networking : Cisco 25xx, 35xx Routers and 35xx Switches, Brocade and Cisco DS fabric switches.
Network Protocols : TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, NTP, WINS, FTP, SSH, WinSCP and Telnet.
Terminal Services : Remote Desktop Services, VNC, Putty, Tera Term, Team Viewer, cytrix, Logmein and Terminal Services.
System System Engineer
- Installing and Administering the various virtualization components like vCenter, vSphere etc.
- Performed ESXi Hosts and Virtual Machine migrations between Development, Integration, and Production environments and across Datacenters.
- Created data store clusters and configured Storage vMotion as per requirements.
- Monitoring Hardware health/Availability status and event alarms for Incident.
- Build, and implement new Esxi hosts from the scratch and Performed migration of all the VMs from Esxi 5.0 to 5.5 and 6.0 with zero downtime.
- Installing, Configuring & Trouble shooting of the new Esxi 6.0, 5.5, 5.1 on Cisco Confidential servers.
- Co-ordinated with the network team to plan the structure of network to be used for the new Esxi hosts like number of NICs, vLANs, subnets etc.
- Installation and configuration of Windows servers 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 Virtual Machines in the Esxi host clusters.
- Deploy VMware Operations Manager Suite for enterprise level monitoring, resource utilization and weekly and monthly reports. Worked with NSX on VMware.
- Implemented SRM on vSphere across multiple sites to provide Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment and working with SAN and NAS team to replicate storage across multiple datacenters.
- Actively used BigFix to review computers for vulnerabilities, patch compliance, and other areas of concern.
- Involved in Conversion of physical machines to virtual machines (P2V migration) using VMware enterprise converter and PlateSpin. Worked with vRealize Orchestrator (VRO) to run the Work flow for VRA for VM’s.
- Worked on different applications such as Confluence, JIRA, MOM, SCOM, SCCM and VCOPS to improve the availability, performance, and ensure maximum uptime, worked with incident management and change management.
- Administered Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory, Sharepoint, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, WINS, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and building new windows physical/virtual servers as per the requirement of the project.
- Configuring fault tolerance (FT) for critical VM’s Configured, and Managed VMware cluster with HA and DRS rules.
- Implemented SVCMM Microsoft System Center Configuration Manger R2 Cluster
- Deployed and updated services in n-tier architecture vcloud air environment.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on vcloud air environment.
- Maintained awareness of business needs and changing technology landscape, relative to public cloud.
- Created Azure VMs and Storage accounts. Created ACS and integrated with applications, service bus to manage partner’s access to the APIs, managed storage in table and blob using explorer tools (IAAS)
- Created Multiple subscriptions for various departments to Mange azure subscription consumption
- Migrated servers to new team foundations TFS.
- Calculation of RPO and RTO to implement VMware SRM in the environment. Implementation if VMware VDP for data protection of Virtual Machines.
- Install and configure of vRealize Automation, Application Services, vRealize Orchestrator.
- Integrate vRealize Automation with vRealize Operations 6.1 including EndPoint Operations (Hyperic) and vRealize Insight (Log Insight)
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion, Storage VMotion.
- Experience on Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, DRS, VMotion, SV-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, Templates, and many more…
- Building Windows 2008 R2, 2012 Servers, Office 365, IIS, Lync, and upgrading Windows on both physical and virtual machines. Wokred with ILIT, PCI, Security.
- Virtualized Windows server Migration using VMware Converter, Platespin Power Convert. Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines using VMware Converter.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS and Fault Tolerance in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Virtual Infrastructure
- Configuration of non-Profit Data center with OS images using Windows XP/7/8.1/10, Centos, Fedora and Debian Linux, wired and wireless network configuration.
- Worked on VMware Update Manager for updating or patching for all the ESX hosts and Virtual
- Administered and maintained servers with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 -201 2, SCCM.
- Managed 2008, 2012 R2 servers in the Citrix Farm environment.
- Worked with Citrix end users and with application teams to install, improve or deploy updates to their applications installed in Citrix.
- Performed datastore migration using VMware storage vMotion on Netapps NFS, SAN & NAS Storage.
- Implementation Of different Host Profiles for Multiple Clusters across Multiple Data centers
- Implementation of SRM on vSphere across multiple sites to provide Disaster recovery solution for VMware Vsphere Environment, vSphere Linked Mode and replicated storage, Configuring Sites Roles and Privileges, Alarms for monitoring the Site Status. Failback Testing from Protected Site to Recovery Site in SRM and Shared Recovery Site across multiple Protected Sites
- Proficient with RedHat linux and Debian based operating systems, Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Huge Experience using VMware converter running different applications(.net, java), CRM, with Different Hardware. Worked with RMS, KMS, active directory, FTP, IIS, SCCM 2012, SCOM, WSUS.
- Database Upgrade for VCenter and update manager from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 on 2 vCenter Servers
- Building VM from clones and templates.
- Worked with global delivery of projects with different onsite and offshore teams.
- Implemented VMware SRM for multiple sites, utilizing VR and other SRM technologies.
- Automated virtual machine builds using power shell, VB script and powercli scripts.
- Created standard server builds, update servers with latest service packs and hot fixes.
- Created standard process for group policy deployment as well as Active Directory users and group.
- Configure and upgrade Flex-10/Flex Fabric Shared Uplink Sets, SAN & NAS Fabrics, and Server Profiles
- on Virtual Connect Manager for BL460c, BL680c g6/g7/g9 on HP C7000 enclosures.
- Configure and maintain MSCS (Microsoft Failover Cluster Server.
- Installed new service pack for Firmware update.
- Monitored Server with Network Performance Monitor (NPM) with Solar Winds.
- Build Virtual Machine and deployed to project workers for their Respective role.
- Worked extensively with Active Directory, Active directory, share point, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Created New users, modified security permissions & Created distribution groups.
- Worked with users exporting their large PST files and backing up their mail.
- Making changes with the IIS Application pool, such as changing service a/c password.
- Updating the security permissions within Servers & providing users with proper access.
- Managing the backups using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Pacakage distribution using SCCM server across all the desktops(imaging) and servers in the environment.
- Installation of VCenter server and Configuring Esxi - host’s within the cluster using VMotion and HA.
- Running patches and updates through update manager for the Esxi hosts.
- Troubleshoot IIS 6.0, 7.5, & 8.0, Database connectivity issues with Active Directory, component services, and ASP.Net applications for correct settings enabled in servers.
- Build the entire VDI Environment (Winows 8, windows 10) in VMware horizon view 5.2 by deploying Connection server; Security servers; Dedicated VCenter server and Transfer server and authenticating them in Horizon View Administration console.
- Created various types of desktop pools like Manual pools; Automated pools; Linked clones pools; full clone pools and RDP pools in Horizon View as per users requirements.
- Thinapped Microsoft office 2010; Adobe reader 9.0 and ArcGis for VDI desktops.
- Co-ordinated with storage team for the datastore consolidation and resize project after the VSphere migration from 5.0, 5.5 to 6.0.
- Migrated physical server to virtual servers using VMware convertor and was part was data center move which was consolidated to one location.
- Installed and configured 2node Microsoft Failover cluster using Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise edition and configured the file shares on the cluster.
- Worked closely with Storage team for provisioning and configuring the LUNs to Esxi servers.
- Deployed VMware Vcenter operations manager and Infrastructure navigator in the production environment to monitor performance of Virtual servers and datastores.
- Worked on physical to virtual migration(P2V) and virtual to virtual(V2V) using VMware converter 5.0.
System Admin(Windows, VMware)
- Building new ESXi hosts from the scratch and Performed migration of all the VMs from ESXi 4.1 to 5.5 with less downtime. Installing, Configuring & Trouble shooting of the new ESXi 5.5 in Cisco UCS B420 M4 Blade Server.
- Conversion of the old physical servers to virtual using VMware converter.
- Co-ordinated with the network team to plan the structure of network to be used for the new ESXi hosts like number of NICs, vLANs, subnets etc. Installation and configuration of Windows servers 2008 R2 / 2012.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of entire VMware Infrastructure i.e. vCenter, ESXi, VMware Update Manager (VUM), VMware Site Recovery Manger (SRM).
- Installed and configured VMware ESXi on several Cisco B-Series blades hosts from scratch at both (primary and backup) datacenters. Performed physical to virtual migration (P2V) and virtual to virtual (V2V) using VMware converter.
- Managing Active Directory components including Domain controller's installation
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks, Storage, Memory and processers for the Virtual Machines.
- Installed VMware VSphere Esxi 5.5 servers & Created virtual machines on ESXI Servers. Created standard Templates and deployed servers from the Templates
- Administration of Active Directory, sharepoint, exchange,TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and network administration skills in Windows 2003/2000 server and designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXI servers for server consolidation. Loaded Windows servers into Bigfix tool used for OS patching support and application
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with servers and Desktops
- Creating Virtual switch and configuring Virtual switch settings and policies
- Involved in P2V, V2P Migration using Stand Alone VMware Converter Server and Plate Spin.
- Managing and implementing various projects with all phases of life cycle for virtualization.
- Configured ESXI 4.0 with SAN Attached storage (LUN Assignments, Data stores)
- Utilized VMware Converter for Physical to Virtual/Virtual to Virtual conversion/Physical to Physical conversion. Windows Server and Desktop administration
- Experienced with SDLC and TFS, MS test , SVCMM TEST LAB, SCOM administration duties with motoring an maintenance with project build and test case build.
- Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA, DPM, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM). Responsible for supporting application which hosted on Azure
- Worked with deployments, VMware NSX, Maintenance, change management and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure.
- Installation IIS in Windows Servers and configured as per application requirements.
- Provided support for IIS related issues to different applications ad acted as a point of contact for any deployment related issue in Productions deployments
- Image deployment thorugh sccm. Windows Server and Desktop administration
- Deployed about 200+ VDIS for users with windows 8 and windows 10 OS on them.
- Maintaining backups and restores of the Production and Development data.
- Network Attached Storage Implementations. Wokred with several applications .net, java, people soft, CRM..
- VM deployment, snapshot management using power shell.
- Installated SQL database on RedHat/Debian Servers. Worked on Apache and NGINX configuration and troubleshooting of web server related issues
- Wrote PowerShell scripts, vb scripts for administrative tasks and management of the server infrastructure.
- Upgraded RHEL 4.x to 5.4 along with the middleware applications and Apache Webservers.
- Performing RHEL LVM changes, adding Users in Active Directory and Exchange Server.
- Experience in both hardware and software level RAID Configurations & troubleshooting
- Sizing hardware according to needs and requesting quotes from different vendors.
- Maintain DNS, DHCP and Trust Relationship between domains.
- Added SAN Storage on a regular basis to clusters based on capacity requirements.
- Installing and Troubleshooting Servers through ILO.
- Maintaining Software Assets including licenses and third Party Vendor Interaction
- Providing management reports on resource utilization e.g. utilization of servers, storage.
- DELL Drac Configurations, Licensing, NIC Teaming, etc
San Antonio, Texas
Windows and VMware Sys Admin
- Created and documented process for deploying Virtual machines on VMware.
- Troubleshoot advanced VM and ESXI issues.
- Installation and configuration of Linux, Sun, Windows in all the servers.
- Deployed Windows Server Update Services for enterprise security patch management.
- Monitoring and managing the performance and the load balance of the Servers.
- Working on deadline, multitasking, simultaneously working on multiple projects and coordinating with various vendors. Applying Securities Policies.
- Reviewed emails from BigFix site Admins and took action as needed for area of responsibility.
- Creating a test Environment in VMware for Production Team to test their applications.
- Working on Remedy tickets, service now(change management and incidents) and prioritizing the work as per the SLAs. Giving global Support to entire network including Data Centers and remote locations.
- Working with various production system and Network administration on Windows 2003 and 2008 advance server with Active Directory Domain including several Domain controllers, + 5000 users.
- Publishing the Desktops and Individual Applications according to the Department requirements in the organization.Worked with various monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds.
- Coordinated with the team members on hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommends resolutions to complex matters of significance and coordinated the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Wrote Powershell scripts, for Login script, AD user creation, Windows registry check.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books.
- Coordinated and monitored to isolate and diagnose common system problems, document system events to ensure continuous functioning.
- Coordinated testing, upgrade and configuration of system files and services. Ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures.
- Utilized standard corporate tools to record changes, service requests, and problem for tracking purposes.
- Participated in 24/7 support roles for Windows Servers, to help maintain and troubleshoot both software and hardware.
- Providing users with access rights and permission for accessing the applications.
- Installing and updating the Windows patches.Coordination/implementation of hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and management.Weekly server maintenance planning and coordination.
- Monitor and act on problem tickets, incident management and change management, remedy, service now tickets.
- Created Process Documents and Standard Operating Procedures as per the ITIL standard and was reviewed by Managers.
- Updated the Managers with a weekly Status reports with the current status, issues and reasons for delays of the applications.
Windows, VMware Administrator
- Installed Windows 2003/2000 Server operating systems. Troubleshoot Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and LAN Network Issues. Administered Active Directory environment including DNS, DHCP,WINS and Group policies.
- Created users and groups and allocated different security policies.
- Involved in network mapping for the company for over 50-75 hosts.
- Involved in suggesting different disaster recovery models
- Build Hard Drive Images for various O.S using Norton Ghost.
- Analyzed logs and tracked complex software and hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, server, sharepoint,and application to meet business needs.
- Configure and maintain/patch/backup Windows 2K/2003 File servers, Application/Web application Servers-Exchange, SQL server in Microsoft Cluster environment, IIS, Maintain/configure Active Directory with DNS integrated with DHCP installation.
- Responsible for providing escalation support and defining IT strategies and directions in areas of Wintel, virtualization. Responsibilities and accomplishments include the following.
- System Design: The process of defining and documenting the hardware, software, infrastructure components, modules, interfaces, scalability, and high availability solutions that meet specified business development requirements.
- Installed VMware VSphere Esxi 4 and ESXI server 4/3.5/3.0/2.5 in a total of 25 ESXI’s, 200+ servers & Created virtual machines on ESXI Servers. Created standard Templates and deployed servers from the Templates. Managed/monitored environment using Nagios and Solarwinds.
- Wrote Windows PowerShell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows.
- Administration of Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and network administration skills in Windows 2003/2000 server and designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXI servers for server consolidation.
- Build/Design Windows 2008/2003/2000 Servers on standalone and blade servers based on application design and deployed stack on these servers using CA unicenter software deployment.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented VMotion, DRS, HA. Virtualized Windows servers using VMwareConverter P2V and V2V.
- Upgraded VMware ESXI 3.5 servers to ESXI 4.0 servers.
- Installed and Configured Microsoft Clusters which include SQL 2005 on clustered environment.
- Monitored the servers using HP Sitescope and resolved the issues.
- Responsible for building and supporting nearly 800+ Workstations for testing teams.
- Deploy patches using Big Fix as requested or scheduled by Engineering & Release Mgmt.
- Coordinate/Facilitate all planned and unplanned power outages for all environments.
- Troubleshoot applications and end to end functionality testing. Analyzed IIS and application logs, debugged problems at all stages in migration phase.
- Engage hardware and software vendors to assist in improvement of current VMware environment and research and evaluation of the latest technologies.