- An IT professional with extensive experience in the configuration, administration and support of information systems. In - depth expertise in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems. Strong “hands on” technical knowledge with MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, EMCPA, VCP, CNE, CCNA, ITIL Compellent, NetAppArrays and Security+ certifications. Proven ability to take the lead to ensure success. Track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions.
- NetApp / Compellent Exchange 2013 Netbackup
- Enterprise Vault Server 2008 / 2012 Solarwinds Monitoring
- N-Able AlertLogic VCloud Director
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Systems Engineer II
- Provided support for hosted environments in 3 Tier IV data centers for a wide variety of applications in the shared services group across multiple domains. Manage virtual and physical servers and storage environments specifically VMware ESX, VSphere
- Perform advanced support, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring and tuning for Server OS 2008 & 2012 R2 systems as well as Linux.
- Server monitoring using SolarWinds, VSphere and NAble. Network protection using Barracuda, Alertlogic and Mimecast.
- Assist with root-cause analysis during problem reviews.
- Experience with 2 factor authentication using RSA authentication manager and client.
- Sound understanding of hardware fundamentals of servers, installations, storage, networks, backups, security, system upgrades, and disaster recovery.
- Proficient in Windows server operating systems, Apache webservers certs, domain servers, SMTP, Active Directory (AD) and GPOs.
- Plan and design Group Policy Objects as requested to ensure compliance of company policies for servers and user end-point devices.
- Building and configuring new servers and server-based applications. Developed/Updated standard server build documents and processes for configurations
- Understanding of and, compliance with, IT Service Management practices including Incident, Problem, Change, and Release processes.
- Participate in on˜all rotation and after-hours support.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Senior Network Admin
- Hands-on Exchange 2k7 to 2013 migration which included High Availability with Site Resiliency in a DAG and full site fail-over to DR at secondary data center. 100% virtualized on Server 2012 R2 OS.
- Installation and management of Symantec Enterprise Vault for email archiving.
- Monitor and manage NetApp & Compellent iScsi Storage arrays.
- Maintain NFS, CIFS, and snap-mirror relationships across NetApp Filers.
- Automating administration with Windows Powershell scripting.
- Upgrade / consolidate end of life 2k3 servers to server 2012. Server patches, installations using Change Management along with Active Directory upgrade from 2003 to 2008.
- Server monitoring using SolarWinds, VSphere. Working knowledge of SCCM & SCOM.
- Installation and administration of Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers. Administrating and responsible for Microsoft File and Print servers cluster on windows 2003, 2008 & 2012. Managing printers queues, spoolers, files and folders permission.
- Datacenter/Server consolidation and virtualization using VMware ESXi/Vsphere 5.1 technologies. Experience with continuity of operations for large-scale virtualized data centers.
- Successfully relocated Primary Data Center from Greenspoint area Houston to Katy Tx.
- Successfully relocated Secondary Data Center from Houston to Austin over a Weekend
- Manage and maintain Enterprise backups using Symantec NetBackup v18.104.22.168 with combination Linux & Windows master and media servers while regularly conducting tests of restored data for SOX compliance.
- Installation, configuration and testing of SRM between production datacenter and remote DR site. Tested the company’s first major IT Disaster Recovery Plan.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
Senior Server and Storage Admin
- Supervised and maintained seven Microsoft Exchange 2003 Servers, five located in remote regional offices nationwide supporting 2500 mailboxes.
- Monitored and analyzed email system activities to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, security and availability. Performed scheduled daily, weekly and monthly maintenance.
- Participated in support 200+ VMWare virtual servers on 22 host machines.
- Configuration and administration of RIM Blackberry 5 servers hosting 700 devices
- Installed, configured and tested MessageLabs Email Continuity for email disaster recovery.
- Maintained replication back to primary datacenter for disaster recovery. Installation, configuration and administration of seven seven EMC Data Domain appliances at primary datacenter and remote locations nationwide using Backup Exec 12.
- Performed in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Managed EMC Clarion disk arrays CX and CX3 series and Compellent Storage Center SAN.
- Installation and administration of Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers. Was responsible for Microsoft File and Print server clustering on windows 2003. Managed printers’ queues, spoolers, files and folders permission, maintenance/failover of cluster when required
Confidential, Beachwood, Ohio
- Project lead to in-source six maintenance facilities located across US. Equipment procurement and configuration of new servers, routers, switches, laptops, desktops, printers and terminals for each site. Process documentation and end user support
- Diagnosed domain replication issues as well as event errors and warning.
Confidential, Richfield, Oh
Enterprise Server Engineer
- Administration for 6000 plus email clients on 7 exchange servers in an enterprise environment. Responsible for Exchange server builds, maintenance, account creations, mail flow troubleshooting, backups, client support, anti-spam software, and server performance monitoring and disaster recovery
- Installed, configured and administered Blackberry Enterprise Server for Corporate Executive use
- Performed server monitoring, Enterprise backups, maintenance, virus protection, disaster recovery, and McAfee EPO Orchestrator and account admin.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Change Control, Inventory tracking, Server documentation, Preventative maintenance.