- Visionary engineer with comprehensive experience in all facets of technology deployment, network administration, troubleshooting, design, architecture and customer service management for high - profile corporations.
- Skilled in collaborating with all members of the organization to achieve technical objectives—leading innovative multimillion-dollar IT projects.
- Instrumental in streamlining and improving processes, enhancing productivity, and implementing technology solutions using the industry’s leading solutions and documented best practices. Veteran of the United States Army.
- MS Exchange/Lync/Skype
- Citrix XenApp & XenServer
- VMware ESX(i) Servers
- LAN/WAN Infrastructure
- Network Storage- NetApp
- Juniper Firewalls/Routers
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- F5 Networks (GTM/LTM)
- Cisco Security- ISE, wIPS, ASA
- Network Protocols
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Network Design and Architect
- Wireless Network Design
- SolarWinds, Nagios, WireShark
- AirWatch MDM/Blackberry
- VMware vSphere/SDDC/NSX
- MS Windows Server thru 2012
- Cloud Technology- Azure/O365
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Network Security ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Provided valuable support to the corporate network security team on the introduction of advanced security solutions for several projects — enhancing the protection of infrastructure from a wide array of threats.
- Delivered key contributions to the successful design and implementation of Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), Cisco wIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System), Cisco WSA (Web Security Appliance), and Active Directory and Server hardening.
- Resolved critical issues affecting daily network operations and coordinated with management in reporting progress and status of projects, as well as addressing various challenges to project completion.
- Credited for authorship of numerous technical documents related to projects such as diagrams, scope of work, design concepts, and implementation of technology which proved valuable in identifying significant flaws in technology architecture/design and executing the completion of all assigned projects.
- Routinely involved in the configuration and administration of network and security appliances to include; Cisco ASA 55xx, F5 BIG-IP v11.x, Cisco Prime 3.x, Cisco Nexus switches, CheckPoint firewalls and VMware 5.x platform.
- Managed the planning and day-to-day operations and support of domestic and international voice, data, and video networks—supervising the design, consolidation, and maintenance of local communication networks and performing operations surveillance for fault recognition and interpretation.
- Provided significant contributions toward the design and implementation of key technologies to include; migration from Lotus Notes to Azure/Office 365, Cisco ISE v2.x, migration to Palo Alto NextGen firewalls, replacing current DNS infrastructure and, Data Center migration and standardization.
- Supervised telecommunication networks and computer hardware operations—establishing communication standards and practices, assisting in daily network administration, and resolving critical support issues.
- Assisted in the design and architecture of multiple emerging technology projects, managed business efforts to replace hundreds of outdated network appliances, and authored network maintenance policies.
- Provided ongoing leadership, evaluation, and organization of the staff, and served as a member of Architectural Review Board that selected and approved technologies implemented within the infrastructure.
- Planned and executed the update and replacement of nearly 500 Cisco Catalyst switches and 1400 Cisco Aironet wireless access points saving the company approximately $1.2m dollars in Smart Net costs.
Senior Network ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Led the planning, design, and implementation of the mobile device management (MDM) system based on AirWatch technology; installed a two-tier PKI (SHA-2) environment retiring existing SHA-1 CA servers; led efforts in creating secondary data centers; and cross migration of firewall platforms from Cisco and Palo Alto.
- Worked with clients on the daily administration of Exchange 2010, in conjunction with Lync 2010, Mimecast, and Postini; configured and managed F5 BIG-IP; managed DNS records and SSL certificates for over 50 domains; and migrated more than 400 Hyper-V servers to VMware—resulting in improved management and standardization of infrastructure.
- Assisted in planning, design, and installation of Active Directory infrastructure leveraging Windows 2012; provided practical solutions for implementing new security and data technology; and launched infrastructure virtualization solutions leveraging VMWare vSphere, vCenter and NSX technology.
- Designed and executed solutions for migrating on-premises Active Directory to Azure/Office 365/Windows 2012 platforms employing ADFS, DirSync, Web Application Proxy, VPN, PowerShell, SSO, and VM provisioning.
- Provided design and executed installation of Cisco ISE v1.x for several clients resulting in more secure wired and wireless infrastructure.
Senior Network ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Designed and installed VMware environments, incorporating vSphere, vCenter and SDN/NSX technology, successfully consolidating and virtualizing client resources—and implemented Citrix XenApp & XenServers, enabling superior application publishing and remote connectivity.
- Selected, installed and configured routers, switches, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper/Netscreen, Extreme Networks, Hewlett-Packard, SonicWall, and GTA—providing technical training for end-users through seminars and classes.
- Worked closely with sales staff in providing numerous requests for proposals (RFPs) and scopes of work (SOW) outlines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provided design and implementation of cloud based technology to numerous clients by migrating from on-premises Exchange Server(s) to Office 365 resulting in significant cost savings.
- Designed and executed the creation of a standardized Active Directory infrastructure based on Windows 2008/12 and Exchange organization for an international company leveraging technologies including; Cisco ASA/PIX and Juniper firewalls, VMWare 3.x/4.x platform(s), Blackberry Enterprise Server, Barracuda anti-spam filters, HP ProCurve and Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco routers, Riverbed WAN optimization appliances, F5 load balancers and Lefthand SAN’s, resulting in dramatic cost savings, more efficient messaging and collaboration and structured forest/domain.
independent NETWORK CONSULTANTResponsibilities:
- Administered corporate networks for ITT, Pomeroy, Saicon, CapGemini, CSC, and The Computer Merchant—assessing network security, designing Active Directory, and upgrading to Microsoft Exchange.
- Migrated infrastructure and information for 50,000 users from clustered Microsoft Exchange 2003 environment to Microsoft Exchange 2007 environment. Also installed and configured numerous routers, switches, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper/Netscreen, Extreme Networks, and Hewlett-Packard.
- Provided technical assistance at Tier II/III level for issues involving email transport, Active Directory, and LAN/WAN connectivity as project lead for converting physical servers to VMware ESX and GSX servers.
- Designed and installed Blackberry Enterprise Servers in numerous client infrastructures providing for robust management of corporate owned mobile devices.
- Specialized in the design, planning, implementation and administration of WAN/LAN/MAN configurations for small and medium-sized businesses—manufacturing over 1,500 personal computers.
- Designed, planned, and implemented over 100 LAN/WAN/MAN configurations across multiple network platforms, including Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/NT, Novell Netware, and Banyan VINES.
- Ensured expedited repair of faculty equipment—with paramount focus on customer service—by leveraging in-depth understanding of computer diagnostics and repair.