- Over 7 years of experience in Design, Development, Implementation and support Of RDBMS in Development, Test and Production environments using Oracle Tools.
- Extensive experience in Project Life Cycle including requirement gathering and Analysis, Database design, Database development, Application development.
- Proficient in writing and tuning complex SQL statements, complex joins co-related sub-queries and SQL statements with Analytical functions (Rank, Lead, Lag etc).
- Knowledge of UNIX SHELL Scripting and scheduling cron jobs.
Experienced in developing batch programs by using PL/SQL and shell scripts and in using SQL*Loader for loading data from flat files into Oracle tables.Extensively worked with third party database tools like TOAD . Good understanding of Relational database design and involved in developing various data models using ERWIN, ER/STUDIO and VISIO. Strong programming, debugging and problem solving skills and ability to translate customer requirements into technical solutions by utilizing business insights. Experienced in interacting with Business users, Business Analysts, IT leads and developers in analyzing business requirements and translating requirements into functional and technical design specifications.
- In - depth knowledge of SDLC including Requirement Analysis.
- Hands on experience of all phases of software testing.
- Good knowledge of a Platform, Standard edition (Java SE).
- RDBMS: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server
- Tools: RMAN, IMP/EXP ,SQL Loader, Statspak, Tkprof
- Languages: ABAP, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, VB, .Net, JDBC, HTML, XML, ASP.NET, IIS, JSP, EJB
- Others: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Visual
- Operating System: Windows, UNIX.
Confidential,IL Jan 2011– Till Date
Role : Oracle Developer
JSC is a software solutions and services company, providing both packaged products as well as custom developed solutions to its clients.
Project: This project involved migrating the POS (Point Of Sale) database from SQL Server to Oracle and transforming the transaction database into a dimensional database for integrated analytical reporting. In addition to that, procedures had to be written for reports processing as well as to support system functions.
- Prepared program specifications for PL/SQL (Procedures, Functions and Packages) for the transformation routines.
- Involved in database development by creating Oracle PL/SQL Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, Exception Handling, Records and Collections.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, Materialized views, sequences, Synonyms, database links and indexes.
- Generated and maintained Keys, Constraints and Relationships between the tables for database instances.
- Optimized critical queries to eliminate Full Table scans and reduce Disk I/O and Sorts.
- Wrote shell scripts for loading data from Flat Files to database tables using SQL*Loader.
- Tuned the SQL using Explain Plan, TKPROF for better performance.
- Transferred the data between databases using Export, Import and DATAPUMP utilities.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts for automating the daily/weekly/monthly data process.
- Involved in Production support of various applications.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL server, ETL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad, HTML, XML, Sun Solaris
Confidential,IL Aug 2009-Dec 2010
Role : Oracle Developer
Laksar provides Software consulting services to leading companies in and around the area of Illinois.
Project : The Project goal is to migrate data from a legacy system. Extract part is divided into two modules. Identifying the accounts to be migrated with (Parent-Child relationships) and extract various table data as per conditions using Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Data Pump utility (expdp) and transfer the files through SFTP and Import data to the new server using Oracle Data Pump utility (impdp). My role was to help the team to develop various routines using Oracle PL/SQL & come up with automated processes for export, import, SFTP and develop applications to improve the existing processes
Responsibilities:Understanding the business requirements, analysis, design, development and implementation of the processes. Designed and developed functions/ stored procedures/packages/triggers using PL/SQL. Analyzing Data & Modifying Tables, enforcing constraint on tables. Designing Database & enforcing various constraints. Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like collections, nested table, v-array & Dynamic SQL. Involved in performance tuning of SQL queries. Wrote Unix Shell Scripts for loading the flat file data (data from external source) into oracle table. Coded and implemented PL/SQL packages to perform Application Security and batch job scheduling. Documented business rules, functional and technical designs, test cases, and user guides. Analyzed tables for better performance using Explain plan and Tkprof.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Toad 8.6, SQL * Loader, Windows 2000/XP, Sun Solaris 5.8/5.10.
Confidential,IL Nov 2007 – Jun 2009
Role: Oracle developer
Over the years, Johnson Controls has made itself into a global leader in the production of batteries for hybrid electric vehicles leading supplier for seating components and systems worldwide Industry-leading know-how in engineering and manufacturing of metal structures, mechanisms, foam, and trim covers
Project: To facilitate total integration of the transaction data from all the modules (HR, Finance, Payroll, Time Office) into an enterprise Datamart.
- Created staging area for accumulating periodical data from various data sources include Datamart creation, Extracting data from different source, Transformation data in the Staging area and load data into the Fact table.
- Actively participated in the team for the purpose of defining project scope, sizing & technical design to establish technical direction regarding technology, platforms & development tools, development standard and guide lines.
- Writing Complex SQL script, Analytical Function using packages, procedures, functions and database triggers.
- Utilized business rules for data profiling, data analyzing and cleansing.
- Used aggregate routines for views, summary tables, materialized views, reports etc.
- Applied Query Optimization, Debugging and Tuning for improving performance of the applications using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKprof.
- Code for Fact and Dimension table population using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Data Modeling using ERWIN.
- Use SQL Loader and External Table for data Load.
- Work with Business Object Developer.
Environment: Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g (OWB), Visio, TOAD, Business Intelligence (BI), Linux.
Confidential,Illinois. Mar 2004 – Oct 2007
Role: Oracle Developer
State Farm Insurance Company is a group of insurance and financial service companies. State Farm has remained the largest automobile insurer in the United States continuously since 1942 and insures more cars and homes in the United States than any other insurer.
Project: This project includes different modules like Property and Auto. Extracting Data from M/F VSAM files and DB2 making various transformations to the data, loading Data into Oracle Database using ETL routines in Development Database, Exporting Data from Development Database to Production Database
- Designing and modifying of Database tables, keys, indexes, grants, triggers, packages, functions and procedures etc.
- Used Collections, Bulk Binds to improve performance by minimizing the number of context switches between the PL/SQL and SQL engines.
- Created partitioned tables, partitioned indexes for manageability and scalability of the application.
- Did data profiling, data cleansing
- Created Pl/SQL based ETL processes transfer data from legacy sources to staging area and from staging area to data warehouse.
- Support Data warehouse, ETL Process.
- Developed Database Triggers for the integrity and security purpose.
- Oracle Job Scheduling and Advanced Queuing by Scheduled and Maintain Batch jobs.
- Improved query performance by query optimization - tracing the query execution plan (explain plan) and Used TKPROF SQL scripts to monitor the performance.
- Involved in handling Database Security Related issues as suggested by the guidelines set by the company.
Environment: Oracle Database 9i, Visio, TOAD, Solaris
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Certification: Oracle 9i certified Professional
- Education: M.S Computer Science.