- Having 11 years of complete IT work experience, working as a Oracle EBS Finance Consultant, Business Analyst, Financial Functional Analyst, Oracle EBS Test Consultant, Oracle EBS/ERP Business System Analyst, Test Analyst and as a Oracle EBS Business Support Consultant on Oracle E - Business Suite versions R11i, R12 & Cloud. Being a functional consultant done various clients full life cycle Implementations, Business Supports, Roll-out and Upgrade Projects. Involved in enhancements, application third party system Integrations, data conversion, data migration, did work with various legacy business and business super users, end users’ trainings. Also had 3+years add-on core finance domain work experience as a Financial Accountant, Business Accounts Associate.
- Hands-on work experience on financial modules General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivable, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Order Management, i-Expense, i-Procurement, AGIS, TCA, SLA, E-Business Tax and AME.
- Experience on gathering requirements, data analysis, GAP analysis, solution design, system setups, module wise configurations, testing and documentation, business process re-engineering, user issues handle, workarounds, resolutions, year, period close, working with internal ticketing systems, business support & Oracle SR, bug fixes handle.
- Good experience on implementation with using AIM, OUM along with other i.e Agile, SDLC, Waterfall project methodologies. Did work on various client’s business supports in different R12 applications versions, did Upgrades (R12 toR12.X.X). Good knowledge on Oracle fusion, cloud financials.
- Did work on standard/open and custom Interfaces, data migrations, conversions, data validations, as a EBS Tester done various tools based testing cycles, test process with using of OTAS, HP ALM/HP Q.C
- Involved in Implementations and Business Process Supports, various testing’s like Regression, Manual, Load, Unit Testing, various functional process testing i.e Procure-to-Pay (P2P), Order-to-Cash (O2C), Record to Report (R2R), Quote to Cash and (Q2C) preparation of test plans, test script TE-40 documents on financial modules.
- Did various Data migration, conversion testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Conference Room Pilots (CRPs), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance Testing, Functional, Automated Load Testing.
- Prepared at each stage wise require documents experience in preparation and Review of Business Setup (BR-100), Functional Design MD-050), provide help to technical team on customizations, other Implementation methodology documentation and Business support process docs.
- Experience & worked with Oracle on Service Request (SRs) to resolve implementation/Support issues with using various standard, workaround solutions and helps to development, dba teams for apply patches to resolve different application bugs, when implementation, upgrades and business supports.
- Did work with various third-party integrated tools like Concur, Coupa and experience on maintain ticking systems i.e JIRA, Remedy, Redmine and other helpdesk Ticketing tools & virtual systems.
- Experience in bank integrations, bank statement imports, reconciliations, conversions and data migration experience with using Web ADI, other data migration and data loading tools.
- Experience on financial accounting and regular business financial processes including general accounting process when period, year closing process, experience to generate Revenue and Expense, P&L, Financial statements.
- Extensive work experience and various business process, domain understanding like manufacturing, service, pharma, oil & gas, banking, govt and financial industries.
- Experience in performing fit/gap analysis, conducting requirement sessions, developing specification documents and system configurations.
Oracle EBS Modules: GL, AP, AR, FA, CM, PO, OM, E-B Tax, Business process cycles including P2P, O2C.
Tools: WEB ADI, FSG, Data Loader, SQL* plus, Toad, MS office (Pivot, VLOOKUP).
Operating systems: Windows XP and Windows Server.
Confidential, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Senior Oracle Finance Functional
- Enabled Multi-Org Access Control (MOAC) process data and transactions more efficiently across operating units. Defined require setups to convert business application from single org to multi-org.
- Define Ledgers, Chart of Accounts and calendar, currencies (daily rates, functional/ foreign currencies). Worked on Legal Entity creation and assignment configuration setups of Cross-Validation and Security Rules under Corporate Chart of Accounts.
- Created FSG reports using row set, column set, content set and row order, developed the FSG reports for P&L and Income Statements.
- Prepared various Test plans, Test scenarios, Test scripts based on the business requirement and did validation, prepared process related standard Functional design model documents.
- Setup Payables Options, Financial Options and payment templates by entity’s wise pay groups. Setup of Operating Unit and Inventory Orgs.
- Setup of Receivables Activities, Receivables options in Account Receivables. Defined Transaction Types, Memo lines, Transaction Sources, Auto accounting rules and Statement cycles.
- Batch Source for Transaction and Receipts, Payment Terms, Transaction Sources and Class, Transaction Types, Approval Limits Auto Invoicing, Reverse and Adjustments of Receipts, Receivable Activities and Banks Remittance.
- Setup Refund process in Receivables to convert the credit memos in to AP invoice (AP/AR Netting).
- Defining and Updating Receivables Lookups, Customer Profile Lookups, Transaction, Collections, Receipt Lookups.
- Defined Receivables, Accounting, Transactions and Customers, Claims, Miscellaneous System Options.
- Defined Revenue policy contingencies, Receipts application and Auto cash rule sets, Automatic receipt programs, Receipt methods, Receipt classes, Receipt sources, Receivables Activities
- UAT testing for the above through test scripts based on Change requests. Capturing key Metrics data for Quality and reporting to Top management on periodic basis.
- Worked on documentation activity which consists of SRS, design document, test plan, test cases, etc. Performed production support activity after go-live for AP concur interfaces.
- Development/Execution of test case for Vendor, Employee, Customer Invoices, Refund and Remittance related interface process etc.
- Implementation experience in Oracle Financials FA Design, configuration, testing, and optimization experience of FA within Oracle Financials.
- Utilize Oracle Payables invoices to create Mass additions and transfer between ledger accounts.
- Depreciation Management and depreciation calendars, Make mass changes to assets due to tax law adjustments
- Change asset value due to inflation or deflation, Create a new amortization schedule due to revaluation
- Define Asset Revaluation, limits to revaluation for any asset, calculate gains and losses separate from the depreciation books, Create journal entries to the general ledger.
- Worked with technical team to design, development of various custom modifications, Forms, Reports.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Oracle Finance Functional Consultant
- Understanding of existing Business processes and prepare AS-IS documentation BP-040, identify important current Business practices in Financial vertical to develop TO-BE Business process and for solution design document 'Future Business Model (BP 080).
- Performed CRP, UAT and Training Instances and providing resolution for user’s business process issues in testing phase, Identifying and providing bug fix before Go-Live.
- Worked on issues logged into Jira tickets and provided Post Production support. Worked on Sev-1,2,3 SR’s with Oracle support.
- Configured and implemented Supporting References through SLA setups for financial modules. Defined the Request Sets for Financial Modules for period close activities, Setup different Business Groups and impacts Setting up GL Security Rules, CVR’s and Security Profiles.
- Designed and developed MD.50 Functional Specification for the implementation of all financial modules.
- Designed the Payment Formats for Check, EFT/WIRE and designed the Remittance advise formats.
- Implemented Employee-Supervisor hierarchy for Invoice approvals in AP (AME).
- Reconciled the Trail Balance report in AP with GL and run Payment reports to identify errors, mismatches in process/unaccounted transactions in AP as a part of AP Period Close process.
- Created training documents for standard invoice, payment invoice, recurring invoices, holds, credit memos, debit memos, and expense reports.
- Defining Internal Banks, Distribution sets, Lockboxes. Accounting, Sub ledger Accounting Setup for Receivables, Auto Accounting, Accounting Rules Using the Account Generator in Oracle Receivables
- Tax, Setting Up Tax, Collections, Aging Buckets, Collectors, Setting Up Late Charges, Statement Cycles.
- Defined and configured customer Locations, Document types, System profiles, Flex-field.
- Configured the setups related to - Receipt Classes, Receipt Method and Bank Accounts.
- Worked on designing of custom reports like Sales, Revenue, Debtors Report, Transaction Activity Details Report, Customer Details Report and Account Analysis Report with Insertion Order Details.
- Prepare documentation on QTC processes and procedures, as well as maintain documentation to include any updates or changes to processes.
- Act as liaison with IT and QTC functional users. Assist with developing project plans for deployment of new technology.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments and new technologies impacting the QTC Financial Systems function.
- Understanding of Quote-To-Cash general business operations and internal controls; ability to assess and provide input into impact of a business process / system change. Troubleshoot and multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Build 'Custom' Responsibilities and 'Custom' Menus, Exclude Menus and Functions. Assign seeded request groups to responsibilities, Assign Custom Reports, Forms and Functions to responsibilities.
- Assist to Technical and Testing teams in application testing (HP Quality Center ALM tool) and troubleshooting.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Sr. Oracle Finance Functional Consultant
- Major activities consist of development of R12.2.4 Business process and test cases for new functionality based on provided document for various modules AR, AP, GL, FA, CM, OM, PO, Customizations with using of CEMLI's etc.
- Worked on functionality of various modules as mentioned above by drafting test cases & reporting the same on word document and excel documents to client.
- Performed manual testing for the above-mentioned modules with status as (Pass /Fail) & updating the same to Testing team with important screen shots which is a part of validation.
- Performed production support, activity of Period close and other process along with upgrade internal.
- Impact analysis in current business process due upgrade changes/enhancements. Assisting in development and testing software applications.
- As financials functional consultant to work with the team to assist with the implementation of all Financials modules.
- Assignment includes assisting with gathering requirements, configuring applications, Testing and support (CRP/UAT/PROD).
- Strong experience with GL, AP, AR, FA, Cash, Consolidation, chart of accounts and localizations.
- Assist in designing the structure to move from single LE/OU and ledgers to Multiple LE’s/OU’s and ledgers and creation.
- New entities application functionality testing i.e. Supplier, Customer, Banks creation process testing flow, Business process testing P2P, O2C, Reports, Forms, Regression etc.
- Functional Test scripts writing and execution on various instances maintain result-oriented document for super user, end user UAT.
- Defined Payment Terms, Customer and Assigning, Updating a Customer Profile Class and Validation of Bank, Branch Account by Country.
- Defined Transactions, Approval Limits, Auto Invoice Line Ordering Rules, defining a default Remit-To Address.
- Defined Standard Memo Lines, Standard Messages, Transaction Batch Sources, Transaction Types, Bills Receivable Transaction Types.
Lead Finance Functional
- The main role played as a Support Consultant is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex functional problems. Support to the Users on day-to-day functional issues on Financial Modules.
- The key skills use on a daily basis are high level of functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction/service expertise.
- Involved with Data Base, Technical team to understand the issue related and provide the suitable workarounds.
- Continuous interaction with the Users and clients for solving the cases posted by the users. Involved in month end close process to fix the issues on spot to avoid delay and smooth closing.
- Analyze the issue and do replications, testing through test instances prepare the workaround document for the issue process to Manager once gets the user approval move it to Production.
- Client meeting, requirement discussion mapping, SRD preparation. Took requirements sign-off from the business for financial modules.
- Test Instance setup, documents presentation and Issues Logbook preparation Sign off the Test instance.
- Conducted requirements fit and gap analysis and system set ups for Finance Vertical modules covering AR, AP, CM, Treasury and discuss with team related Integrated modules.
- Solution design phases (Pre-CRP) and configured the applications in the Test / Development environment for CRP-1 & CRP-2.
- CRP Setup and presentation, documentation. Cooperation with team members & involving with other integrated modules. Rectify the problems & solution design.
- Co-ordinate with off-shore Technical team for solving data conversion and other technical Issues.
- Prepared Setup Documents (BR 100) & Module Configurations for AP, CM, Treasury Modules.
- Guidance to Offshore Technical Team. FDs, Customized Reports verification and preparations purpose.
- UAT Setups, documents, user manuals preparation, to do application system testing by client super users. Issues clarification, Tacking User acceptance & sign off.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
Sr. Finance Support Consultant
- Identified gaps between system processes and Business processes and documented using Gap Analysis Document. Also analyzed and indicated proposed workarounds and resolutions.
- Was part of team involved in the cut over planning and execution including finalizing the processes, scenarios and ways to handle exceptions, executing and monitoring of cut over activities.
- Implementation of Oracle Account Payables (AP) version 12.1.3 and its integration with PO, CE and GL.
- Log, view, access, monitor, follow-up and close Service Requests (SRs) online - Oracle MetaLink and Oracle Applications Patch Management.
- Prepare an integral Accounting close cycle procedure including the standard reports to reconcile sub-ledgers (PO, AP, INV) with GL. Provide training in this topic to the key users.
- Data migration from Legacy systems - APIs and Open Interfaces. Detailed mapping of legacy data elements, conversion and testing.
- Define user responsibilities, set up custom menus and request sets based on user responsibilities.
- Prepared MD-050 functional design documents for specific customizations.
- Provided training and conducted practice and additional business requirements sessions.
- Mapping of ledger accounts from legacy systems with Oracle COA for migration and interface purposes. Configuring of entities - Legal Entity Setups, GL Setups, AP Setups and AR Setups.
- Created and maintained masters like Chart of Accounts, Segments, Values, Lookups, DFFs, and Employee etc. Working Exposure in TCA (Trading Community Architecture).
- Gathering functional requirements for reports and getting it developed and testing of developed reports including FSG Reports
- Reconciling Oracle Trial Balances with External Trial Balances during parallel run. Functional support to users by resolving queries pertaining to GL, AP, AR, FA, CM and reports and training them and auditors.
- Designed solutions to enhance standard Oracle flows for procure to pay, and GL accounting processes for daily based transactions. Implemented automatic bank reconciliation functionality in CM.
- Accounts Receivables setup consists of - Transaction type, Transaction source, System options, Auto - Accounting, Receipt class, Receipt methods.
Lead Finance Functional Consultant
- Involved in the Functional Setup of GL, AP, AR, CM and Invoice workflow process.
- Registration of Concurrent Programs and Request Sets in Application Developer and System Administration.
- Gathered, analyzed and wrote detailed business requirements, user profile, created workflow processes documents and charts.
- Knowledge of Performance tuning of various queries and stored procedure.
- Developed module-based BR-100s on required reports to fulfill the existing business process.
- Created Accounting Flex Field Structure; Chart of Accounts; Set of Books, Mass Allocations and Summary Template. Tested features Translation, Reevaluations, and consolidation.
- Designed FSG Report for Budget Balance, Actual Balance and Funds Available
- Involved in data conversion for data like supplier data, customer data and address details.
- Prepared end user training material with specific business cases and process which conducted end-user trainings.
- Reviewed the existing reports and collected requirements to develop additional custom reports for engineering change order report, Warehouse summary report etc.
- Business process study and creating business process maps using Visio for Oracle E-Business Suite GL and AP modules implementation.
- Involved in post-production troubleshooting exercises, bug fixes, raising TAR's and working with oracle support for escalating issues and finding resolutions.
- Worked with business users to define their business requirements in preparation for developing program solutions and translated the requirements into R12 Processes.
Oracle Finance Functional Consultant
- Presented requirement questionnaire AS IS / TO BE scenarios, Involved to Prepare documentation including test plans, Technical Design, Deployment / Specification documents and User Manuals etc.
- Created BR.100 and MD-50s, Application data mapping documentation for AP Contributed towards Conference Room Pilots CRP1 and CRP2.
- Coordinate with offshore technical team for data conversion. Prepared System Test Scripts TE.040 for User Acceptance Testing and Prepared Training Documents with User Manuals for end users.
- Work on creating high quality documentation including test plans, technical design documents, Deployment / Specification documents User Manuals etc.
- Coordination between Technical team, Business team and Management team on enhancement and other ongoing daily activities. Functional enhancement for Invoice Approval Workflow.
- Test case preparation and Functional testing, Capture detailed requirements by Process and by Business Process user Role base.
- Test the solution for all the affected scenarios; Update the current documents with the developed solution.
- Incident Life Cycle Management - Manage the support tickets from the time they are logged till they are successfully closed. Process has a high degree of complexity in terms of:
- Load balancing
- Ticket prioritization
- Interaction with Level III support team wherever required, and including liaison with Oracle Corporation via Metalink for troubleshooting issues related to Oracle Applications
- Involved in co-ordination of weekly status meetings with BPS and Oracle team (L3 Support team) to discuss critical calls and resolve issues collaboratively Change Request Management
- Prepared KT and User manual document and provided knowledge transfer to Oracle team on closure and newcomer of the project.
Oracle EBS Support Consultant
- Contributing to the functional Business Support and functional design, prototyping, Supporting Issues, demonstrated experience as a senior resource assisting in the definition of systems strategy, gathering and documenting business issues and fit-gap analysis, configuration solutions, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training, solution execution on Production.
- Experience supporting of all solution activities and Prepare documentation execution procedure explain to the technical team and DBA to execute solutions.
- Manage departmental activities to ensure accurate and timely accounting, Ensure departmental adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Works as Key resource and spoc for recent rollout GST implementation project and handle all E2E process, currently giving support to business and users.
- Driving resolution of production support issues predominantly in Order to Cash and Procure to Pay cycle.
- Debug complex issues and present their impact along with recommended solution to users and management.
- Collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers to implement innovative technical solutions via iterative approach reducing time to delivery.
- Be integral member in signing off the design and solution developed by development teams before accepting the change in Production.
- Supporting key business processes/activities including Month end and Yearend support activities to Business users.
Oracle Finance Functional Consultant
- Involved in issue log preparation and maintenance & circulated to team as and when received and attended help desk calls.
- As onsite consultant and coordinated with offshore and Technical team to Custom reports executions.
- Worked on preparation of MD-050 Documents for New requirements and Business Process changes and cycle testing of India Localization process for both P2P and O2C cycle.
- As a Functional Consultant to provide timely and effective resolution of issues raised by users pertaining to different modules and Support on the P2P & O2C process verification based on the user requirements.
- Worked on India Localization part to modify and Setup new group, new tax rule India Taxation like Tax Deduction at Source (TDS), Value Added Tax (VAT), Service Tax (ST), Sales Tax, Excise & Custom Duty.
- Prepared addition to BR-100 Document for each of the set up changes and new Enhancements based. Working with Oracle Support team for resolving Critical and Month-end closing Issues.
- Preparation of Project Documentation, such as Test Scripts, Standard Operating Procedures, Training Material and Setup Documents. Trained the End Users on Finance Modules.
Oracle Finance Functional Consultant
- Requirement gathering specific to the country of implementation and communicating with client team for new requirements TO-BE developments.
- Co-ordinate with purchasing team to complete financial required setups for Procure to Pay Cycle, Performed in Accounts Payable and related integrations setups.
- Performing application Setups in CRP and production instance, conversion of data from legacy system.
- Training Materials and Set up Documents, Functional Specifications, and solution proposals etc in line with AIM methodology. Conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- As a Financial Consultant worked with in-house Tax department to have key decision made examples include direction around tax determination factors, criteria for tax applicability and what is taxable in the following scenarios: incoming AP invoices from feeder systems, AR transaction types base taxation.
- Knowledge to migrate financial data from Old systems to the new Oracle Platform. This requires strong system analysis to planning, and testing skills (i.e. data analysis, conversion, and validation against original source data) as well as error handling.