SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Creative, detail-oriented IT professional with over 15 years of experience in product design, hardware / software management and CAD administration. GE Six Sigma Green Belt certified with proven analytical, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills, who works well in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Recognized as a fast learner, leader, team player and support resource capable of strategic process improvement and implementation.
- Oracle E Business Suites
- Discoverer Plus
- Programming skills
Confidential,Jacksonville, Florida 1998-2009
Engineering Software Administrator 2002-2009 Installation, maintenance and training for CAD-related software for engineering.
- Selected as one of four Oracle super-users that advised Oracle Engineering Lead on modeling workflows. New workflows improved current processes and closed process gaps, resulting in workflow transparency in tracking work in progress.
- Led UAT (User Acceptance Testing) to determine if workflows in new ERP system would work as designed. Set up test scripts in Mercury Test Center to determine Pass / Fail of workflows and selected users to do testing. Achieved 100% testing rate with 90% Passing rate. Identified failures and corrected them prior to Go Live.
- Chosen for team that created training course / materials on new Oracle PLM system. Personally delivered training to engineering department, which was first group to have 100% training participation.
- Member of team that created User Guides for Oracle PLM system for engineering workflow processes. Personally handle updating and maintenance of User Guides.
- Collaborated with developer/programmer to create new through-put reporting tools in Discoverer Plus. New reports allowed 100% visibility of current workflow location.
- First line of support for engineering department for issues relating to Oracle PLM workflows.
Senior Designer 1998-2002
Designed, created models and drafted custom and stock components. Subject matter expert (SME) for other designers and engineers needing help with CAD software programs.
- Collaborated with lead engineers to create 3D models of ignition exciters from paper drawings of similar exciters. Met bid time proposal and exceeded expectations by modeling and assembling over 100 components in 1/4 of the anticipated time for completion.
- Created spreadsheets with calculations of turn-around time, broken down by month per each project engineer, which enabled 100% visibility of change progress through the engineering department. Spreadsheet was then utilized by other sections of the department.
- Created “clearinghouse” process for disbursing engineering changes to the engineering department and tracked progress of changes for engineering records department.
Confidential,Jacksonville, Florida 1983-1998
Interim Engineering Manager 1998 Engineering Supervisor 1991-1997
Senior Designer 1987-1991
- Received cash award in recognition for designing and engineering an innovative hinge design kit that was successfully integrated into production as well as a retro-fit field application.
- Selected by senior management to participate on 3-person team to engineer a more cost-effective door and box stiffening method, resulting in a successful design that was incorporated into production, saving an estimated $8,000 annually.
- Direct supervision of team of 10, including 3 Product Engineers, 2 AutoCad drafters, 1 Pro Engineer software contract worker, 2 Estimators and 2 Quality Control personnel; prioritized and scheduled work as well as performed quality control of work output.
- Collaborated with engineering manager to develop and implement $500,000 annual budget, including capital purchases; purchased and maintained expendable inventory.
- Collaborated with engineering manager to redesign and re-engineer company\'s standard products; distributed and tracked progress of engineering change notices, resulting in product quality improvement and improved manufacturing process.
- GE Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Teamcenter Administrator Training
- C++ programming training
- Discoverer Plus
B.S., Computer Information Science