SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Around 8 years of experience as an Oracle Developer (Oracle PL/SQL Developer) primarily using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*FORMS, C, PRO*C, SQL Server.
- Managed and supported Production databases.
- Strong experience of developing, implementing and maintaining application systems under UNIX Operating System using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*FORMS, C, PRO*C, SQL Server, Unix Shell Script, Oracle 10g/9i database.
- Good experience of Oracle Utilities, such as Import/Export, SQL*Loader and SQL*PLUS.
- Experience in Informatica Designer Components such as Source Analyzer, Warehouse ·
- Solid experience of creating PL/SQL packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views to retrieve, manipulate and migrate complex data sets in Oracle Databases.
- Extensive working knowledge in developing Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages with PL/SQL.
- Expertise in Data Transformation and Data Migration.
- Experience in working in Data Warehouse Environment.
- Solid experience in performance tuning and Query Tuning (Generating Plan Table, Explain Plan, Optimizer with Hints, Analyze, Indexing strategy, SQL Trace, TKPROF etc).
- Experience in system analysis, design, development and implementation of large to medium scales business applications using Oracle/UNIX technologies in Client-Server and Internet environments.
- Extensive experience in preparing functional document from business requirement and creating technical document from functional.
- Good Knowledge on Business Objects and Business Intelligence tools.
- Knowledge on working with Crystal Reports.
- Good understanding of relational database system structure, Oracle Database architecture and design and having performed some DBA duties, such as Table partitioning, import/export and data pump.
- Experience in analysis and extreme sensitivity for defects, faults and bugs in software systems.
- Expert in problem solving and trouble shooting skills. With performance improvement for pre-existing applications.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
Operating Systems : UNIX, Windows 2000/NT, MS DOS.
Languages : SQL, PL/SQL, MY SQL, C, C++, Perl, HTML, XML, Java script, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, VB Script, Visual Basic 6.0, UNIX Shell Scripting, Pro * C.
RDBMS : Oracle 10g/ 9i/8i, SQL server 2005
Tools : Toad, SQL*Loader, ETL, Informatica.
Developer Tools :Forms 6i and Reports 6i.
Hardware : Sun fire V890, sun fire15K.
Confidential, Louisville, KY Mar 2008 – Till date
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Confidential is one of the nation\'s largest publicly traded health benefits companies, with approximately15 million medical members located primarily in 15 states and Puerto Rico. Humana offers coordinated health insurance coverage and related services to Medicare members. Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a tool to provide enhanced services to Medicare members. My primary responsibility in this application was to achieve computerization of the various activities, collection of relevant data in the Relational database through various dynamically generated forms, processing and generation of useful reports.
- Coordinate with the application development team working on Java to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and insight into the data.
- Helped the QA team to develop test scripts for the validation of the process. Also performed unit testing and system testing for Medication Therapy Management (MTM).
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures, packages, triggers. Involved in creation of databases, moved databases by creating control files, export/import, and complete backups.
- Created and maintained Oracle schema objects like Tables, Indexes, Sequences and Synonyms.
- Designed Logical and Physical data, defined relationships, and implemented business rules as constraints for normalization / denormalization of entities.
- Wrote SQL*Loader scripts to migrate the data from the text files, Spreadsheet etc. and populated the intermediate tables.
- Involved in Data Migration and Data Transfer.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries using Analytical functions in Oracle OLAP.
- Utilized Qwest tools (Toad 8.0, SQL Navigator) for database monitoring and tuning.
- Involved in ETL processes to load data from Flat files, XML, SQL Server, Access and Excel spreadsheet into the target Oracle database by applying business logic on transformation mapping for inserting and updating records when loaded.
- Worked on Performance tuning by using Explain Plan and various Hints.
- Involved with DBA in creating schema and related privileges and roles.
- Used external tables to manipulate data obtained daily before loading them into the tables.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
- Documentation of all modules for user level and system level maintenance.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL*LOADER, SQL Server, UNIX shell scripting, TOAD, Java, JSP, HTML, Erwin, UNIX.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA Feb 2007 – Feb 2008
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Practice Management System and Claim Processing
The practice management software involves super bill processing, online appointment scheduling, patient demographic information maintenance etc. It is a web based portal that conveys information according to the role the user work in hospitals. It has well versed role base access and identity management system. The appointment booking module enables doctors to schedule/reschedule their appointment timings and the users to book their appointments online.
The Claim processing system is used for validating the data sent by doctors and to send valid claims to various insurance parties. This module incorporates all the state wise rules for insurance offices. It also incorporates various modes of sending claims like HCFA, UB 92 and EDI ASC X12 Standards.
Business Data Synchronization/ Data Manager/Data analyst
This system takes major responsibility of maintaining data consistency between the outsourced medical billing analysts and healthcare practices available in different geographical locations. It maintains data and structural consistency between heterogeneous databases. This system focuses on the fact that the servers that needs to be in data consistency need to be in online all the time. This synchronization process happens asynchronously by doing time sliced polling on the machines that needs synchronization.
- Worked directly with user groups, management and other team members to analyze and evaluate requests, and write detailed description of user needs,
- Developed all the OLTP backend processing using PL/SQL packages and cursors.
- Involved in design of master tables to store the business data.
- Developed build scripts for building the PL/SQL Stored procedures.
- Created SQL script to create/drop database objects viz: tables, views, indexes, constraints, sequences and synonyms.
- Developed SQL*Loader scripts to load the data from external files that is exported from SQL Server.
- Worked on text processing utilities like SED and AWK in Unix Shell Scripting.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to spawn the SQL*Loader job for daily load of data.
- Involved in SQL performance tuning.
- Used ODP.NET for connecting the Oracle database to the. NET environment and wrote complex SQL queries to extract the data from the database.
- Developed Cascading style sheets for adding styles to the webpages.
- Data modeling as per customer requirements using Erwin tool.
- Handling high priority customer queries , Addressing enhancement request and Training new inductees on this product
- Bug fix releases.
- Create technical specification documentation.
- Used TOAD extensively to develop backend packages, triggers and views to implement business logic.
- Design, quality, SQL and PL/SQL reviews, making specific recommendations to enhance the performance of PL/SQL packages.
- Analyzed the business requirements and Oracle database architecture (Erwin), translated them into functional specification and built a Workload Report Application to summarize employees’ workload Upgrade Accounting, Human Resources Databases, Performing tuning activities.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, SQL*Loader,C# , ASP.net, Visual Studio 2008,Java,JSP, Java script, CSS ,HTML, Erwin, Toad,PERL,UNIX.
Confidential, Houston, TX Jan 2006 – Dec 2006
Role: Oracle PL/SQL developer
Confidential is a supply chain company which provides reports of expenses and maintains logistics of its clients. The project was intended to develop tools for reporting the financial information of the company in the hierarchical structure and making adjustments for client count. My involvement in the project is to develop Logic at backend using PL/SQL.
- Created database objects like Tables, Indexes, and Sequences and Views etc.
- Modified the existing database objects to meet the expanding business requirements.
- Involved in design, development and Modification of PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers to implement business rules into the application.
- Written Procedures and Functions using Dynamic SQL and written complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Developed user interfaces based on business requirements using Forms 6i and developed Procedures and functions at application level.
- Developed various Forms for the application involving modules to segregate the data.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts and scheduled cron jobs.
- Involved in Database Tuning and Improved Application performance using Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL trace.
- Loading of the data from flat files into staging tables using SQL Loader.
- Written Stored Procedures to perform Validations on data and to move data from staging tables into the Base tables.
- Loading of data from flat files into the user interface forms using Data Loader.
- Wrote Java script for adding some validations and added styles to the WebPages using Cascading style sheets.
- Responsible for creating the technical design document.
- Involved in Development, Testing and Maintenance of the System.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, SQL*Loader, Java script, CSS, C++, TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripting, UNIX, Windows NT/XP.
Client: Confidential, NY Feb 2005 – Dec 2005
Role: OraclePL/SQL Developer
Confidential is Mid-Hudson valley’s largest healthcare network providing service to the one million people who reside in the New York counties of Columbia, Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, Putnam and northern Westchester. This system takes the input from different tables and makes the timesheet for each employee. This timesheet contains Employee id, employee name, project code, time spent in each project, extra activity like project meeting and so on. On basis of this output, one ASCII flat file will be generated that contains an extra column, which reflects the percentage time, spend on each project.
- Involved in the data transfer and creating tables from various tables, coding using PL/SQL Packages, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, db links and privileges.
- Developed back end interfaces using PL/SQL stored packages, procedures, functions, Collections, Object types and Triggers.
- Involved in designing logical and physical data models using Erwin.
- Involved in gathering user requirements, detailed design of E-R Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Dictionary, and System flow Charts.
- Wrote PL/SQL packages consisting of procedures and functions.
- Utilized SQL*Loader to load flat files in to database tables.
- Responsible for performing code reviews.
- Developed user documentation for all the application modules.
Environment: Oracle 9i, UNIX, UNIX Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Erwin .
Confidential (Noida, India) Mar 2002- Dec 2004
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Confidential has been a leading provider of wealth management business solutions for the financial services industry. Confidential helps banks and private wealth institutions better serve their clients and improve their business success by providing investment processing solutions for the entire spectrum of wealth management processes, including investment management, securities trading, global investment processing, investment accounting and mutual and pooled fund accounting. Banks that outsource software and computer processing services use Confidential\'s "application services" solution.
As a analyst programmer my duty was developing user interfaces with Forms 6i for Legal Entity, Business Unit, and Accounts, Products and many more including MDI, Master Detail forms.
- Gathered the business requirements from the client and translated the business details into technical design and specifications.
- Designed the application system structure and functional modules. Used the functional document to design application logical and physical structure.
- Created database triggers to implement and enforce data integrity and security.
Developed various backend application programs, such as Views, Functions, Triggers, Procedures and Packages using SQL and PL/SQL languages.
- Developed Packages, Procedures Functions, and Database triggers using PL/SQL.
- PL/SQL quering, tuning using Explain Plan, optimizers, Hints, Indexing strategies, cost measurement etc.
- Error review, log and restudy/recode of the system.
Environment: SQL, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, SQL*Loader, TOAD, UNIX, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows NT/XP.
Confidential Investment (Noida, India) Jan 2001 - Feb 2002
Role: Oracle Developer
Project mainly deals with the Bank financial application with Payroll Processing solutions, Human Resource Solutions, Retirement Services, Time & Labor Management, Global Services, Tax & compliance Management, Employee Benefits Administration, Screening and Selection Services and Professional Employer Organization (Comprehensive HR outsourced solution including employee benefits, workers\' compensation, payroll and tax administration and regulatory compliance).
- Updating tables, columns and implementing constraints and accessing backend databases.
- Created stored procedures for handling business logic.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL triggers, procedures and Functions.
- Wrote PL/SQL Packages for extracting the data .
- Implemented the business rules by creating the constraints and Triggers.
- Involved in creating database schema objects like Tables, Views and Indexes.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL plus, Visual Basic, Windows 98, SQL, PL/SQL.