To obtain a challenging position that would leverage extensive experience in data analysis, database administration, and reporting.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to conceptualize and evaluate alternative solutions to meet complex requirements. Self-motivated and quick to learn and adapt to new situations and technologies. Extensive (over 15 years) Rdbms experience in development, reporting, and administration.
RDBMS: Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Access, Ingres
Languages: Oracle PL/SQL, Unix/Linux Shell, awk, sed, HTML
Operating Systems: HPUX, Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows
Software: Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), SQL*Loader, Crystal Reports, Oracle Reports, ERWIN
Hardware: Sun, HP, PC
- Successfully completed Oracle 10g DBA OCA Certification.
- AdHoc Reporting and Data Mining and Analysis for Confidential. This has included the establishment of data feeds for feature logs, the creation of PL/SQL scripts to automate data aggregation, HTML pages for Web access to aggregated results, and numerous adhoc report Excel presentations.
- Solely responsible for analysis, design, coding, and implementation of document file and Oracle metadata migration from EDMS to ODMS (Online Document Management System). Also played major role in developing business case. This effort resulted in a $3.5 million savings to Confidential in real dollars over a 3-year period.
- Responsible for Oracle database design, build, and administration for CAMIS (Centralized Accident Management Information System). Designed, coded, and implemented data conversion from now retired MARS (Mechanized Accident Reporting System) to CAMIS. Designed and implemented system interface with HR to facilitate weekly update of personnel data. Designed and coded all reports for the CAMIS application using Oracle Reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 8.1.6 for use by METRICS application. This included the design and creation of the orcl instance and associated tablespaces. Designed, developed, and implemented data conversion process from old METRICS system (flat files) to new METRICS system (Oracle) using UNIX shell scripts, Oracle SQLoader, and Oracle PL/SQL. Designed, developed, and implemented database backup and recovery procedures for new METRICS app. and set up UNIX system backup procedures and cleanup procedures for database archive files.
- Joined PQRS (Power Quality Resource System) staff as System Tester. Responsibilities grew to include the following:
User interface and database development
Sablime generic administrator
- Assigned as lead programmer and later as project leader for the corporate-wide Mechanized Accident Reporting System (MARS). This development effort resulted in considerable cost savings for the corporation by integrating the data and functionality of 4 entity level health and accident reporting systems. As lead programmer, responsibilities included database design, the design, coding, testing, and installation of accident and sickness case input and update modules, and development of an automated process to update employee absence data using feeds from the corporate payroll and disability systems. As project leader, responsibilities included chairing monthly user status meetings, analysis and scheduling of user requests, and directing the activities of the programming staff.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Oracle 10g DBA OCA. Numerous Oracle instructor-led courses. Oracle training records furnished upon request.