- Doctorate in Management.
- Master of Science in Information Assurance.
- Master of Science in Information Technology.
- .Master of Business Administration.
- .Bachelor of Science.
- Project Management Certification.
- Certified Chief Information Officer.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- VP of Communications & Technology.
- Member of Academy of Management
- Confidential, Adjunct Associate Professor (Relational Databases, Advance Relational Databases & Distributed Databases).
- Confidential(Graduate School), Adjunct Instructor (Computer Architecture & Database Technologies)
Innovative, energetic and result oriented Global Senior Information Technology Executive offering 20+ years' experience in directing, managing and leading global teams. Experienced and specialized in commercial, higher education, non-profit and manufacturing environments with strong exposure implementing integrated Enterprise ERP solutions, seamless workflows, Portal, CRM and Web applications. Consistent track record of delivering growth-oriented and highly scalable solutions resulting in reduced operational costs while providing verifiable productivity improvements.
- Strategic/Logistical Planning
- ERP Enterprise Suite
- Process Improvement/Automation
- Policy/Procedure Development
- Team Leadership
- Risk Management
- Project Management (PMBOK)
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
- Security Management
- Software Standards & Procedures
- System Audit
Professional Teaching Experience
Adjunct Associate Professor - Relational Databases, Advance Relational Databases, Distributed Databases, Database Security and courses in Database / Computer Science & Project Management tracks.
Adjunct Professor - Information Technology Architecture & Database Management Systems.
Systems/Databases & OS:
Oracle 9i, 10g,11, UNIX, Windows NT
ERP Applications: PeopleSoft - Versions: 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 8.4x, 8.9, 9, 9.1
ERP PeopleSoft Modules: PeopleSoft Financials (GL, AP, AR & AM), HR, Payroll, Campus Solutions (Student Records, Academic Advising, Student Financials, Financial Aid, Campus Community) & Portal
Software/Tools: PeopleTools (PeopleCode, Security, Application Engine, SQR & Integration Technologies including Work-flow)
Other Software: MS Office Suite, Macromedia Breeze, Visual Source Safe, Java, Quest STAT, HP Quality Center, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence Applications, Enterprise Data Management, Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce), E-learning System, Web-Applications (.NET/MS Applications), Ceridian, IBM's Cast Iron/ Websphere, MS Project, SharePoint and Mercury Testing Tools (HP QC).
EMPLOYER: Non-Profit Organization
YEARS: 2011 (Dec) - Current
POSITION: Manager, Enterprise Systems
Scope: Manage & Implement Enterprise Business Systems - PeopleSoft Financials (GL, AP, AM, AR, PC & E-Procurement), Web Applications, CRM and other systems as needed.
Budget: US$ 3.5mn (approx.) Budget varies by Project
Team: Full Time Staff, Off-Shore & On-Site Consultants
Duration: Varies by Project
Implementation: Project is live with PeopleSoft Financial Modules. Implement Enterprise Integration Projects (CRM /E-File Room & Web Applications).
Status: Project is currently in support and stabilization mode. Currently upgrading PS applications to higher version of tools.
Specifics: GL, AR, BI, GM, TR, PC, AM, AP, CA, PO, AUC, SCMT, ES, GVC, MPA, HR, Payroll, Benefits, Performance Management, Sales-Force, Ceridian, IBM's Cast Iron/ Websphere.
Platform: Oracle/Unix (sun Solaris) & Windows NT
Version: PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 / PeopleTools 8.5x
- Lead and manage projects with cross-functional teams addressing enterprise-wide business problems with integrated solutions that include commercial off-the-shelf applications, databases and business intelligence tools, data and business intelligence automation.
- Manage the activities of third-party technical consultants and vendors, as needed. Monitor progress, direction, and status, ensuring that deliverables are appropriately addressing identified requirements.
- Establish goals for the department staff in align with overall organizational goals. Served as program manager for Enterprise IT projects (Integration, CRM, Web & MS office).
- Manage budget for both capital and operational projects as assigned.
- Function as the technical lead to support Operations and Program organizations who are users of Enterprise systems and consumers of Enterprise information. Work closely and collaboratively with the business areas representing these key functions to establish and evangelize governance plans tailored to fit business needs and culture.
- Lead relevant application development efforts in support of PeopleSoft applications. Assume primary responsibility and provide support for those applications, including supervision of routine maintenance, performance monitoring and system optimization. Implement and enhance such applications as appropriate, alone or leading project teams which include internal customers and business owners.
- Act as front-line point of contact for various lines of work, collaborating closely with IT, business staff, and subject matter experts to identify opportunities for business process improvement. Develop and maintain broad knowledge of the work of assigned business areas, as well as a broad knowledge of the work in order to analyze business needs and respond to staff requests.
- Communicate status of activities and projects with the Application Development team, IT staff, including senior management, and business stakeholders in IT initiatives. Utilize project and program management techniques and templates in accordance with IT program management standards, delivering projects within predefined timelines and budgets.
- Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with stakeholders, users, including problem recognition, research, resolution, and follow-up steps. Provide advanced support and troubleshooting for custom-written and standard application software packages used by business areas. Provide supplemental support for extended portfolio of software applications.
- Supervise the activities of on-site programming resources. Provide regular feedback about progress, direction, and supervision of application design and technical problem solving, as appropriate.
- Liaise as appropriate with internal and external counsel to develop and finalize legal documents with external parties, including non-disclosure and master services agreements.
- Analyze various hardware and software products and client-server options to assist in the selection of appropriate tools.
- Maintain and continue to develop a broad knowledge of systems and technologies. Keep informed of technological changes, specifically in the Application Development area, in order to inform and recommend to the Senior Management relevant and appropriate direction to business and strategic IT.
- Participate in conferences, seminars and other professional development activities to keep current in area of expertise and maintain a deep knowledge of the work of the Trusts and provide direction and business context to junior IT staff.
- Assist Information Technology staff with technology-related projects as requested and participate in enterprise-wide projects related to technology.
- Participate in the design of new applications by collaborating with internal staff and business users, software architects, and database technicians on architectural design issues, as well as setting timelines and managing projects to successful completion on time, within budget and as defined in business requirements.
- Lead the planning and implementation of application development strategies, including mapping the migration of functionality to new or upgraded technology and estimating required resources. Work with Senior Management on emerging strategies for the continued migration of applications into assigned business areas. Develop and implement related policies and procedures, identify appropriate consultants and manage the vendor/consultant relationship.
- Manage the development of software and Web applications as appropriate to meet user needs and/or to replace deprecated client-server technologies. Change and revise applications based on software upgrades. Perform unit and integration testing on new and existing applications to identify and remove program errors and scalability constraints. Ensure that deployed software and related data adhere to internal standards and industry best practices for efficiency and re-usability. Actively monitor existing and emerging systems for adherence, and modify as necessary.
YEARS: 2000 - Nov 2011
Succession of roles and responsibilities for one of the largest public university specialized in providing face-to-face and online education.
Scope: Implement HR, Payroll, Financials & Student Administration Modules
Budget: Varies by Project
Team: In-house 6 to 12 + consultants
Duration: Ranging from 2 years to 3 years per implementation
Implementation: First Phase HR 8.0 followed by Payroll 8.0
Second Phase Financials 8.4
Learning Solutions 8.0 + Portal
Third Phase - Overseas Learning Solutions 8.0 along with data conversion 10 years
Fourth Phase - Financials Upgrade 8.4 to 8.9
Fifth Phase - Currently Upgrading LS to 9.0
Status: Four phases completed successfully.
Specifics: The total project was to implement
- HR & Payroll for approximately 4000 employees and the sole objective was to move from legacy main frame to relational database system.
- Implement Financials to replace home grown systems for Confidential operations across 3 divisions (US, Europe & Asia).
- Implement student system replacing home grown systems for approximately 120,000 across 3 divisions (USA, Europe & Asia).
- Convert all legacy data from overseas into PeopleSoft system.
- All projects were implemented using PMI PMBOK principles & SDLC Methodologies.
Platform: Oracle/Unix (sun Solaris) & Windows NT
Version: Initially PS Learning Solutions (HR / Payroll + Student Admin) implemented on 8.x, Financials 8.4x upgraded to 8.9, PS Portal 8.9 upgraded to 9.0. Currently upgrading Learning Solutions to 9.0
- Served as technical project manager for PeopleSoft ERP (Student Administration, HR, Financials & Payroll) suite being the focal point for reporting project status, status meetings, and reporting requirements to the project stake holders. Extensively used MS Project for managing PeopleSoft projects. Managed change control process including scope changes, managing technical issues and administrative functions of the project team.
- Served as Project Manager for global conversion project (Student Records, Student Financials etc)
- Served as design architect in implementing cost effective Oracle based University Identity Management System integrating worldwide provisioning system built in-house in 90 days on schedule and within the budget.
- Successfully managed complex ERP (PeopleSoft Financials, HR, Payroll & Learning Solutions) projects for global university system (86000 students, 2400 faculty and 150 locations) well within budgeted resources in consistent with PMI PMBOK principles.
- Successfully managed PeopleSoft Application Development using SDLC Methodologies (Analysis, Development, Prototyping, Peer-Review, QA and Production). SDLC methodologies were used for all PeopleSoft projects (Conversion, Customizations, New Development and Upgrades).
- Successfully managed ERP projects evaluating impact analysis focusing on reports, interfaces, data conversion and bolt-on features and streamlined processes for ease of software upgrades.
- Served as an active member in the University Infrastructure and disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Provided technical leadership in providing IT Solutions for Staff, Faculty and Students by implementing ERP Applications and reporting solutions.
- Actively participated in recruitment and retention of IT Staff.
- Serving on technical committees (advisory & technical) on as needed basis for providing best solutions for the university.
- Instrumental for designing SDLC and technical standards for application development, application security, system development life-cycle methodologies, computing support and maintenance.
- Coordinated with functional business teams for finalizing business requirements to translate the needs into technical solutions.
- Managed team of IT personnel (in-house staff and external consultants).
- Provided technical leadership for implementation of ERP software (PeopleSoft HR, Payroll, Campus Solutions and Financials) and reporting solutions using DW and Reporting Applications using PeopleSoft.
- Led technical team for design development and implementation of reporting needs for the University operations including compliance requirements.
- Effectively coordinated with functional business units for implementing innovative integrated solutions with university\'s enterprise system.
- Established application development standards for security and lead security implementation for ERP software for global HR, Payroll and Financials implementation.
- Led MD State Legislative audit committee resulting in a "Clean Audit" for PeopleSoft applications.
- Actively involved with procurement and implementing partner(s), selection of vendors for ERP project implementation including upgrade project.
- Designed and developed change management procedures, support triage & SDLC development standards for ERP Suite Applications (PeopleSoft) - Human Resources, Payroll, Financials & Campus Solutions.
- Led technical teams for the implementation of third party integration of PeopleSoft ERP Applications with external systems (Oracle and non-Oracle) with university's enterprise system.
EMPLOYER: Confidential, Atlanta, GA
YEARS: 1999 - 2000
Technical implementations lead for design, implementation and migration of legacy applications to ERP systems (PeopleSoft) using collaborative efforts with multiple functional departments.
Implement PeopleSoft Projects at client sites.
3 - 12
Varies by project (3 months - 1 year)
Varies by client
All projects completed successfully.
- HON Industries implemented HR, Payroll and GL for approximately 48000 employees spread over 50 locations.
- Confidential - implemented Benefits and provided support.
Platform: Oracle/Unix/ SQL Server along with Windows NT
Version: PeopleSoft v7 & 8x
- Served as Security Administrator for HR & Payroll implementations.
- Technical Lead for PeopleSoft Upgrades/Patches as well as coordination of testing and migrations to Tax Updates.
- Served as Technical Lead for developing interfaces needed for external vendors.
- Led technical teams to coordinate with a cross-disciplinary group to analyze, streamline, and establish post-production support.
EMPLOYER: Confidential, India
YEARS: 1991 - 1998
- General Manager -Technical
Technical leadership responsible for all technical operations
General Manager Technical for global operations
Varies by project.
40 - 400 staff depending upon the project
Implemented a major manufacturing project from ground up to operations in 91 days.
This project was live in 91 days and became a record in India for manufacturing operations. This was publicized in the news media.
Specifics: Project includes procurement, design, development, construction, implementation (IT), recruitment and commissioning.
Platform: Mainframe for IT
- Served as lead on design and implementation of automated invoicing, custom payroll processing, IS9000 implementation, integrated inventory control system and manufacturing operations.
- Provided technical leadership for design and implementation of new projects (local and overseas) including new product development.
EMPLOYER: Other Employment
YEARS: 1981 - 1990
- Confidential, Oman 1988 - 1990
- Technologist for all manufacturing operations and coordinated Quality Control for day-to-day operations.
- Confidential, India 1983 - 1988
- Confidential, India 1981 - 1983
- Nominated multiple years for Stanley Drazek Teaching Excellence Award at Confidential
- Scholarship to attend CTL Summer Leadership (2008) Program focused on synchronous and asynchronous teaching methodologies.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable of all Confidential track courses and have taught majority of Confidential track courses at Confidential
- Maintained consistent evaluation for all the classes taught at Confidential (4.78 highest).
- Actively used latest technologies for effective teaching both online & face-face (Wimba/Breeze/Remote share).
- Active participation in Confidential Faculty Conferences and assisted Confidential faculty colleagues in sharing the common lab syllabus and filling in as required by Confidential department Chair.
- Special Recognition Award and Certificate for Dedication and Contribution to the Implementation of PeopleSoft Student Administration Module (Confidential, 2005)
- Invited to participate and present a business paper "Opportunities for Confidential in India" at Confidential, Melbourne in December 1995.