- Over 7 years of experience in Design, Development, Implementation and support Of RDBMS in Development, Test and Production environments using Oracle Tools.
- Extensive experience in Project Life Cycle including requirement gathering and Analysis, Database design, Database development, Application development.
- Extensive experience in Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i and hands on experience writing Oracle SQL queries and Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Database Triggers, Exception Handlers, Cursors and using latest features to optimize performance (Bulk Collects, Collections, Ref Cursors, Global Temporary Tables).
- Proficient in writing and tuning complex SQL statements, complex joins co-related sub-queries and SQL statements with Analytical functions (Rank, Lead, Lag etc).
- Experience in tuning application using tools like Explain Plan, SQL*Trace and TKPROF for high efficiency. Good knowledge of Data integration and migration.
- Knowledge of UNIX SHELL Scripting and scheduling cron jobs.
- Experience in using Oracle DBA utilities like Export, Import and Data pump.
- Experienced in developing batch programs by using PL/SQL and shell scripts and in using SQL*Loader for loading data from flat files into Oracle tables.
- Extensively worked with third party database tools like TOAD . Good understanding of Relational database design and involved in developing various data models using
- ERWIN, ER/STUDIO and VISIO. Strong programming, debugging and problem solving skills and ability to translate customer requirements into technical solutions by utilizing business insights. Experienced in interacting with Business users, Business Analysts, IT leads and developers in analyzing business requirements and translating requirements into functional and technical design specifications.
- In - depth knowledge of SDLC including Requirement Analysis.
- Hands on experience of all phases of software testing.
- Good knowledge of a Platform, Standard edition (Java SE).
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, coupled with strong technical and problem solving capabilities.
- RDBMS: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server
- Tools: RMAN, IMP/EXP ,SQL Loader, Statspak, Tkprof
- Languages: ABAP, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, VB, .Net, JDBC, HTML, XML, ASP.NET, IIS, JSP, EJB
- Others: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Visual
- Operating System: Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, AZ Jul 2011 till date
Role: Oracle Developer
- Developed and modified PL/SQL packages, functions, procedures, triggers.
- Analyzed Data & Modified Tables, enforced constraint on tables.
- Involved in the Table design and re-structuring of the key Tables.
- Developed procedures to handle errors and exceptions at database level using PL/SQL.
- Used Ref-cursors, Collections and Bulk Collects for memory intensive processes and to improve code performance.
- Developed utility packages that log all the failed processes.
- Created Indexes and Materialized Views to improve the overall system performance.
- Worked on performance tuning issues for SQL queries and Database.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Data stage, SQL Developer, Data guard, Windows
Confidential, IL Jan 2011 Jun 2011
Role: Oracle Developer
- Involved in database development by creating Oracle PL/SQL Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, Exception Handling, Records and Collections.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, Materialized views, sequences, Synonyms, database links and indexes.
- Generated and maintained Keys, Constraints and Relationships between the tables for database instances.
- Optimized critical queries to eliminate Full Table scans and reduce Disk I/O and Sorts.
- Tuned the SQL using Explain Plan, TKPROF for better performance.
- Transferred the data between databases using Export, Import and DATAPUMP utilities.
- Involved in Production support of various applications.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL server, ETL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad, HTML, XML, Sun Solaris.
Confidential, IL Aug 2009-Dec 2010
Role: Oracle Developer
Understanding the business requirements, analysis, design, development and implementation of the processes. Designed and developed functions/ stored procedures/packages/triggers using PL/SQL. Analyzing Data & Modifying Tables, enforcing constraint on tables. Designing Database & enforcing various constraints. Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like collections, nested table, v-array & Dynamic SQL. Involved in performance tuning of SQL queries. Wrote Unix Shell Scripts for loading the flat file data (data from external source) into oracle table. Analyzed tables for better performance using Explain plan and Tkprof.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Toad 8.6, SQL * Loader, Windows 2000/XP, Sun Solaris 5.8/5.10.
Confidential, IL Nov 2007 Jun 2009
Role: Oracle developer
- Created staging area for accumulating periodical data from various data sources include Datamart creation, Extracting data from different source, Transformation data in the Staging area and load data into the Fact table.
- Actively participated in the team for the purpose of defining project scope, sizing & technical design to establish technical direction regarding technology, platforms & development tools, development standard and guide lines.
- Writing Complex SQL script, Analytical Function using packages, procedures, functions and database triggers.
- Used aggregate routines for views, summary tables, materialized views, reports etc.
- Applied Query Optimization, Debugging and Tuning for improving performance of the applications using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKprof.
- Code for Fact and Dimension table population using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Use SQL Loader and External Table for data Load.
Environment: Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g (OWB), Visio, TOAD, Business Intelligence (BI), Linux.
Confidential, Illinois. Mar 2004 Oct 2007
Role: Oracle Developer
Project: This project includes different modules like Property and Auto. Extracting Data from M/F VSAM files and DB2 making various transformations to the data, loading Data into Oracle Database using ETL routines in Development Database, Exporting Data from Development Database to Production Database
- Designing and modifying of Database tables, keys, indexes, grants, triggers, packages, functions and procedures etc.
- Used Collections, Bulk Binds to improve performance by minimizing the number of context switches between the PL/SQL and SQL engines.
- Created partitioned tables, partitioned indexes for manageability and scalability of the application.
- Created Pl/SQL based ETL processes transfer data from legacy sources to staging area and from staging area to data warehouse.
- Support Data warehouse, ETL Process.
- Developed Database Triggers for the integrity and security purpose.
- Oracle Job Scheduling and Advanced Queuing by Scheduled and Maintain Batch jobs.
- Improved query performance by query optimization - tracing the query execution plan (explain plan) and Used TKPROF SQL scripts to monitor the performance.
Environment: Oracle Database 9i, Visio, TOAD, Solaris
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Certification: Oracle 9i certified Professional
- Education: M.S Computer Science.