- Oracle Certified BI Professional with 5+ years specializing in OBIEE 12c/ 22.214.171.124/5/6/7/9
- Excellent experience collaborating with Managers, Team Leads, Clients and Developers to fully understand the OBIEE functionality
- Experience working with DBAs, Data Architects as well as ETL Consultants to define data sources and address data issues
- Strong experience in OBIEE Answers, BI Admin Tools, OBIEE Web Catalog and Application/Object Security
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, combined with outstanding analytical abilities, organization, high - level attention-to-detail and poise under pressure
- Comfortable working knowledge of Enterprise Manager and WebLogic Server and Architecture.
- Proven experience working efficiently in the three layers of the Administration tool (Physical, BMM and Presentation layers) and experience creating repositories using BI Administration tools
- Real experience importing tables from the database into the Physical layer, and experience creating connection pools, alias tables and Star/Snowflake Schemas in the Physical Layer
- Strong experience creating business models, logical columns, time series modeling and hierarchies in the BMM layer
- Created some calculated measures from already existing measures as per business requirements
- Created subject areas, presentation tables/columns and reordered them as required by clients
- Used the consistency checker to check for errors, warnings, and best practice violations in the RPD
- Have deployed RPD multiple times using OBI's Enterprise Manager
- Expertise at creating/modifying reports and dashboards using BI Analytics
- Extensive experience creating ad-hoc reports with different views (charts, tables, pivot tables, column and view selectors)
- Experience managing performance using caching and aggregate tables
- Very good at 12c, with new features like Visual Analyzer, Heat Matrix, the BAR File, and using the command line to upload and download the RPD. Very good at 12c, with new features like Visual Analyzer, Heat Matrix, the BAR File, and using the command line to upload and download the RPD.
- Captured and developed OBIEE 11g technical solutions. Complete requirements analysis, capture and document the customers business and technical needs.
- Building a business and presentation layer within OBIEE 11g to meet the business requirements of the project.
- Create reports and graph dashboards using OBIEE 11g to meet the business requirements of the project.
- Develop user friendly reports/interactive dashboards with different analytic views including column selector, pivot tables, charts allowing managers to analyze the business from different perspectives.
- Use filters and provide customized prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up on reports
- Perform administrative tasks related to the development and configuration of Interactive Dashboards
- Actively train users so that they could efficiently navigate the dashboards
- Help create connection pools, imported physical tables and defined joins in the physical layer of the repository
- Assist with building the physical, business model and mapping and presentation layer of the repository.
- Define facts, dimensions, level based measures/hierarchies, time Series and aggregation in dimensional modeling.
- Analyze and validated the business model in OBIEE Administration Tool by performing consistency check, validating logical source tables, logical columns, and validating repository level calculations done in the business model layer
- Create variables in OBIEE to streamline administrative tasks
- The Experience here was challenging because it was my first working experience as an OBIEE Developer. I had to Observe and then Practice what I Observed. I was given tasks like creating reports and dashboards and Charts. The most Challenging issue here was the many Connection problems we had. Slow running internet Services made the Job difficult. We would do most of the development offline and enforce caching and security in online mode. Our systems were slow and it was difficult to say if the performance issues we had were due to poor development or database problems or just connectivity issues. My other functions included:
- Responsible for working with the DBAs, Data Architects, ETL Consultants to define data sources and issues
- Created/modified reports and dashboards using BI Analytics
- Used filters and prompts in reports and dashboards to limit data showing in reports
- Created reports with different views (table, chart, narrative, pivot)
- Extensive experience in using BI Admin Console, Enterprise Manager and BI Analytics
- Managed security by creating users and assigned them to groups as per business requirements
- Deployed RPD in EM ready for analytics
- Extensive experience in working in RPD's three layers (Physical, BMM, Presentation layers)
- Created connection pools, alias tables, star/snowflake schemas in the physical layer
- Created business models, logical columns, hierarchies, level based measures in BMM layer
- Created subject areas, presentation tables and columns, and reordered them in the presentation layer
- Used the consistency checker to check for errors, warnings, and best practice violations
- Used caching and aggregate tables to manage performance
- Validated RPD by creating reports to make sure there are no errors
- Here, we used 11g Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later migrated to 188.8.131.52.0 and eventually 184.108.40.206.0. we also used BI Publisher, Toad for Oracle, SQL Developer, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.