Oracle Sr. BI DW Architect
Satya has over 18 years of overall Enterprise Software Development experience, doing work for clients ranging from small to big enterprises in several business sectors. He has considerable experience in managing databases, enterprise reporting, implementing business driven BI and technology driven Data Warehouses with best strategies. He has been instrumental in setting up new BI applications coupled with DW.
Technologies: Oracle Tech Stack related to BI DW environments i.e. Oracle 8/9i/10g/11g/12c, ODI 12c, ODI 11g, OBIEE ver. 10 11g , BI Publisher, OLAP, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB ver. 9 - 11g , ODI, INFORMATICA, OBIA, DAC, SQL Developer, TOAD, ERwin, Apex, OEM, Oracle Job scheduling, Oracle Portal, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Reports, Data Modeling, Data Mining, Discoverer, BI Apps, Unix Shell scripting and popular tools for version control and bug tracking, Big Data, Hadoop, HDFS, Cloudera Manager, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Python, mongoDB, NoSQL, PIG, Spark, Sqoop, Tableau
Functional Expertise: Building new BI solutions and Data Warehouses and Data Marts and supporting them for different kind of industries. Heavy into Big Data recently.
Industry Expertise: Hospitality, Health Care, Insurance, Logistics, Banking, Sales, Media Marketing, High Technology, Government and Education.
Application Systems Analyst Programmer Specialist
- Designed and Developed ETL's to load data from RPS Return Processing System into ITD Data Warehouse star schema.
- Added several additional columns to the warehouse facts, as per the requests from the users.
- Tuned performance of ETL using database partitions, incremental loads.
- Checked the data quality before and after the load.
- Incorporated several summary measures and time bound calculations into the ETL for using in dashboard reports.
- Migrated ETL from OWB Environment to ODI 12c on Exadata.
- Created several snapshot tables in different subject areas that captures current state of business as of that snapshot.
Technologies: ODI 12c, OWB 11g R2, Oracle 11g, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer
Sr. BI DW Consultant,
- FirstNY is data warehouse project for OSC, source for this is SFS State Wide Financial System , People Soft financial implementation.
- Created and deployed ETL to load different subject areas data into FirstNY. Including facts for Payments, Accounting, Vouchers, Expenses, Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Designed several ETL's to load shared dims with SCD. This includes Accounting, Business Unit, Document, Fund, Operator, Product, Program, Project and Vendor
- Tuned performance of ETL using variety of techniques, some data base side and some other with tool specific.
- Created several data quality and integrity checks during and after the load.
Technologies: OBIEE 11g, Answers, OWB 11g R2, ODI 11g, Oracle 11g, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Oracle Work Flow, Unix Shell Scripting, BI Publisher, ERWIN, TortoiseSVN
Sr. BI DW Architect, RTTT-MHEC
- Designed and Created MHEC star schema and strategy for ETL to load students enrollment, master student data, schools, high school graduation details, student demographics, higher education school details and their course catalogs for phase 1.
- Gathered requirements for phase 2.
Technologies: OBIEE 11g, Answers, OWB 11g R2, Oracle 11g, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Unix Shell Scripting, BI Publisher, ERWIN, Microsoft Project
Sr. BI DW Architect,
- Designed and Created EDW star schema and strategy for ETL to load several test scores into EDW, such as FCAT, EOC etc.
- Designed and Developed dashboards, scorecards, charts, trends to show various KPI's to different kinds of users.
- Designed Meta Data to create aggregates, time-series function, and complex joins etc.
- Set up mechanisms to clear the cache, ibots for scheduled delivery etc.
- Made changes to the existing ETL maps to incorporate new requirements.
- Unit testing the maps and deploying them to production environment.
- Loaded dimension tables and fact tables in a star schema from variety of sources like other Oracle Databases, SQL Server, SAP student data and text files.
- Monitored/Maintained daily, weekly and monthly batch jobs.
- Created and designed reports which query OWB repository tables to see the error logs.
- Migrated ETL routines from 11g R1 to 11gR2 OWB environment.
- Good knowledge about K-12 student data
- Designed ERWIN models for schema architecture
- Built OBIEE knowledge base with several solutions and best practices
- Mentored/trained other team member who came on board and end users
- Upgraded OBIEE environment from 10g 11g
Technologies: OBIEE 11g and 10.1.3, Answers, OWB 11g R2, Oracle 11g, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle Work Flow, BI Publisher, ERWIN, Microsoft Project
confidential DWH Team Lead and Architect, BI and DWH application for Italian government Aug
- Responsible for requirement gathering, functional analysis and project management functions
- Translated business needs into technical BI and DW solutions
- Designed and Developed ETL routines to load daily extracts into warehouse
- Followed SCRUM, Agile methodology during development phases
- Architected and Implemented Data Warehouse schema and ETL methodologies
- Designed Metadata using Logical data modeling to create star schema in OBIEE
- Designed and built dash boards with OBIEE 11g
- Setup usage tracking using OBIEE 11g
- Migrated development environment to production
- Administered catalog, users and security
- Designed and Developed many BI Publisher reports with XML data source and XSLT templates
Technologies: OBIEE 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB 10g R2, BI Publisher, SQL Developer, Unix Shell scripting
Oracle Sr. BI Consultant,
- Involved in BI DW projects MIMI, Commercial, CBD and MIS Phase 2
- Developed scripts to automate the extracts feed into ETL system
- Developed ETL routines that loads Dimensions and Facts in the Warehouse
- Implemented Data Warehouse architecture and ETL methodologies
- BI Publisher report design and implemented automated in house report distribution technology
- Support day to day run of the warehouse batch and report distribution with ITIL frame work
- Designed RPD, administered catalog and dashboard development in OBIEE
- Implemented security and setup usage tracking in OBIEE environment
- Prepared several best practices, naming conventions and utilities for developers
- Trained/Mentored other team members and testing team with basic knowledge to test the application
Technologies: OBIEE 10.3.4,OWB 10g R2, OBIA, INFORMATICA, DAC, ODI, BI Publisher, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle OLAP, Oracle Work Flow, SQL Developer, TOAD, Unix Shell scripting
Oracle DW BI Consultant, Data Warehouse and BI Projects
- User training and KT sessions for the handover
- Implemented DW BI projects using Oracle Tech Stack with best practices and methodologies
- Designed, Developed, Tested and Deployed BI solutions with business specification and requirement in mind and involve business users during the process using best of breed methodologies like JAD, Agile
- Most reusable components are designed and developed, so that they are used in other implementations, ranging from frequently used SQL's to full blown automated deployment scripts.
- Best practices and methodologies are documented so that they can be used across implementations.
- ETL routines developed so that some fixed calculations are processed and stored instar schema in DW and OBIEE RPD is built to cater to logical modeling requirement to calculate KPI to show in dashboards, scorecards and trends.
Technologies: OBIEE 10.3.1, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB 10gR2 and 11g , Dashboard, Answers, BI Publisher, SQL Developer, TOAD, APEX, OEM, Oracle Job scheduling, Oracle Portal, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Reports, OLAP, Data Mining, Discoverer, Unix Shell scripting
Architect and Team Lead
- Requirement gathering, understanding existing operation, write specifications.
- Responsible for building Data Warehouse from a Legacy system
- confidential Sr. Software Engineer, LIMS Mar 2003 May 2006, Santa Rosa, CA
- Technologies: Oracle 9i 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB 9i,10gR 10gR2 , Oracle Reports, OBIEE, SQL Developer, Oracle Portal, Unix Shell scripting
- This project is implemented for around 25 clients using Software as a Service model.
- Innovate ideas with brainstorming sessions, weigh those ideas with pros and cons and on cost effective scale, figure how to fit those in the project.
- Part of product development from inception to implementation, implemented design methodologies.
- Analytix MI offer web based analytical platform which offers multi-channel campaign analysis and marketing intelligence management.
- Developed, Tested, and Implemented and deployed the business modules in phases.
- User training and support for migration and transition.
Technologies: Horizon LIMS, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB 10gR1 , SQL Developer, TOAD, Unix Job scheduling, Oracle Reports, Actuate, Unix Shell scripting
Software Engineer, True Analytics, Viewer, Portal Feb 2000 Mar 2003, San Jose, CA
Part of BI engineering team which did develop BI part of True Comp Suite, which is a product for Sales Compensation domain.
- Developed canned reports or out of the box reports for the product.
- Developed scripts to automatically build reporting architecture from the boxed product during installation.
- Provide customization plug in areas in the product so future releases won't tamper with customers' customizations.
Technologies: Oracle 9i 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, OWB, SQL Loader, Actuate Report Server, Actuate Reporting, SQL Developer, Oracle Portal, Unix Shell scripting
confidential Software Consultant, IT assignments range from PL/SQL, Report Development and Y2K Fix Feb 1996 Feb 2000, Milwaukee, WI Lincoln, NE Chennai, India
- Developed several parameterized reports from specifications and tuning them
- Maintained report server and report distribution through channels, report bursting and page level security
- Developed reusable components for business rules as well as OO library components for all display related objects
- Y2K fix with window sliding techniques
- Performance tuning PL/SQL code
Technologies: Oracle 8, Actuate Report Designer, Actuate Report Server Administration, PL/SQL, Mainframe tools CICS, DB2