- Experience in OBIEE 10.1.3.4 and OBIEE 22.214.171.124.0 providing end - to-end business intelligence solutions by dimensional modeling design, building business models, configuring metadata, creating reports and using dashboards.
- A very good understanding of a Customized database helping users in understanding the reports and the reporting
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong technical background and good inter-personal skills, Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Expertise in Oracle BI Server, Oracle BI Answers, BI Scheduler, Oracle BI Interactive Dashboard and BI Publisher.
- Experienced in interacting with Business users conducting interviews to gather, analyze and document user needs, business processes, identifying reports/KPIs and other requirements then rolling out deliverables.
- Extensive experience in OBIEE repository (Physical, Business Model and Mapping and Presentation layers) for both Stand-Alone and Integrated OBIEE implementations.
- Expertise in using dimensional hierarchy modeling and time series modeling in the Business Model and Mapping layer to meet business requirements.
- Expertise in OBIEE Publisher using multiple data sources. Trained end users to easily design report layouts directly in a Web browser, this dramatically reduced the time and cost needed to develop and maintain reports.
- Proficient in implementing comprehensive Security functionality - created users & web groups, external table security using session variables, tested and validated the model using OBIEE Admin tool and associating Catalog objects & Web modules with the created users / groups to data and object level security
- Building star and snowflake schemas in the repository as well as using the Foreign key link in the physical layer and the New complex joint key in the Business Model and Mapping layer.
- Expertise in using Alias and Dim tables so that the hierarchy and time series modeling would meet business requirements.
- Windows 2003/2000 Server, XP Professional.
- Oracle Business Applications 7.9.4, OBI EE-Dashboards, Answers, Ibots, BI Publisher.
- Oracle 10G/11g /9.2/8i/
- MS Office Enterprise
Oracle Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
- Working in a team environment with each team member having specified duties that were supposed to be carried out.
- Getting business requirements from the Business Analyst as to what reports to build and what end users expected us to produce.
- Creating and maintaining the RPD.
- Building the star schemas
- Creating and managing hierarchies
- Doing aggregations
- Setting up and managing security
- Managing the catalogue. Involved in upgrading the catalogue from Development to Production whenever we need to promote new reports to Production.
- Deploying the RPD when new reports were created.
- Creating reports in Answers/Analysis and creating and managing dashboards
- Use filters, pivot tables, graphs, column selectors, view selectors to build reports
- Creating dashboards
- Creating links for dashboards and dashboard pages
- Assigning permissions to different dashboards
- Creating BI Publisher reports after the RPD and the Dashboards are built so that we could match the information on the Dashboards.
- Creating BIP reports using different data sources
- Creating BIP reports using system basic templates as well RTF formatting
- Creating and using Parameters to filter reports
- Helping users to understand the reports, how to navigate the reports, and understand the report requirements
- Sending daily BI Publisher emails to managers of different regions.
- Making sure the scheduled reports are going out on time and if any delays were encountered we would notify the appropriate parties and try to resolve the issues with urgency
- Upgrading from 10g to 11g.
- Installing the BI Schema using the RCU linking the RCU with the customized database based on SQL Server
- Installing 11g on two machines. One for Development and the other for Production
- Using Upgrading Assistant to upgrade RPD and Catalogue from 10g to 11g.
- Tuning performance by increasing the number of connections in the RPD due to many users accessing the reports.
- Setting query limits for users so that they would not congest the system by accessing the reports at the same time causing performance issues.
- Using OBIEE to pull data from Customized SQL Server Database
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence suite (OBI EE), Oracle 10g and 11g, SQLEMC
Oracle Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
- Working closely with Business Analysts in understanding the Analytical requirements and creating the business model for generating reports as per the user requirements.
- Interacting with business analyst and sales representatives for gathering Obiee Reports, Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications
- Configuring OBIEE Repository like implementation of physical data model as per requirements, importing the tables and having the physical joins/keys required and changing the physical joins/key on the existing tables.
- Modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business and Mapping model layer. Establishing the logical joins/keys required to support drill-down aggregation.
- Creating dimension hierarchies and assigned levels for each level.
- Designing and Configuring Dashboards in Analytics for different groups of users to view figures across regions, products with the facility to drill down to individual customer relationship manager.
- Developing Role-Based Dashboards for Managers and Business Heads to review the Forecasts vs. Revenues and Contact Relationship Management (CRM) to analyze the financial service center statistics for different campaigns, Customized pre-built dashboards.
- Developing custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using OBI Answers and Filters.
- Implementing the delivery of iBots using OBI Delivers to alert the associated teams..
- Interfacing OBI with Oracle Database Using SQL developer in Performance tuning situations
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence suite (OBI EE), Oracle 10g, SQL
- Involved in preliminary source system analysis to the collected Business requirements from the BSA.
- Involved in meetings/interviews with users, BSA’s, and data analysts, and examined the business, functional and technical requirement documentation.
- Using simple to complex analytical SQL queries against the source databases to identify and analyze the authenticity of the data before importing to build the OBI repository.
- Involved in laying out a strategy with senior management and technical team for building the metadata that presents the business model to support the business requirements.
- Involved in creating POC’s (proof of concepts) for the repositories and business functionalities with the architect team and business users.
- Identifying the appropriate facts, metrics, hierarchies, and territories to structure the initial conceptual model of the business from the requirement documentation.
- Identifying the source and target schemas and the ER relationships to support the business reporting model.
- Identifying the lowest level of detail (Grain) and rollups drill mechanism.
- Creating a repository using OBI Administration tool by importing tables into the physical layer and creating the business and mapping model to incorporate the business logic.
- Adding calculated measures that involve operations on existing columns.
- Adding time series calculations (for example, percent change in a measure compared to same period in previous year).
- Creating presentation catalog which allows exposing the business model to users in Oracle BI Answers so that users can build requests to analyze the data.
- Creating presentation folders and test with Answers.
- Using the query log to verify query results and debugging issues if any.
- Creating Dashboard Pages, Creating a New Interactive Dashboard Page by using answers from presentation catalog.
- Creating Prompts to Filter Interactive Dashboard Data and Configuring Guided Navigation Links
- Working with Metadata and Interactive Dashboard Development with drill down capabilities.
- Creating Pivot tables, views, charts.
- Configuring iBots to deliver Analytics content based on schedule, automated iBot queries to obtain daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence suite (OBI EE), Oracle 10g, SQL,