- 10+ years of experience consisting of Analysis, Design, Implementation, Business Intelligence, Decision Support systems in Financial & Business applications, Testing and Documentation.
- Hands on experience in OLAP Application Development and Administration using Hyperion Essbase, DRM, EPMA, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Analyzer - Web Analysis Studio, Hyperion Financial Reports, Smart View, Excel Add-in, Essbase Studio, Essbase Integration services, HFM in Windows and Unix environment.
- Expert level skills in Hyperion suite of products, specifically Essbase, Hyperion Planning, HFM, Hyperion Reporting and FDM.
- Expertise in creating OLAP Cubes - MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP using Star and snowflake Schema.
- Extensive experience in Design, Analysis, Development and Implementation of various applications in client/server OLAP environment using DRM, Hyperion Planning, EPMA, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion planning and Hyperion reports, Essbase Integration Services, Essbase Studio on both Windows and Unix environments.
- Expert in creating reports using Web Analysis, Interactive Reporting and Financial Reporting. Experienced in developing, maintaining and supporting financial applications using versions 11(Fusion Edition) and System 9 BI+.
- Experience using Business Rules, Calc scripts, Data Load Rules, Architecture, Design, Business Logic, Performance tuning, Report development and all the areas related to whole life cycle of Essbase application implementation.
- Expert in FDM, ERPi, EPMA, Financial Reporting, Security, Calc Manager and Smart View.
- Expert in building the hierarchies from MDM / DRM, Import/export process, Blenders, various metadata validation processes.
- Created both Block Storage Applications (BSO) and Aggregate storage applications (ASO).
- Strong Understanding of Dense and Sparse strategy dimension allocation, performed dynamic calculations, developed, reviewed, and optimized report queries.
- Proficient in building Standard and Attribute Dimensions dynamically using dimension build methods such as Generation References, Level References and Parent-Child Method.
- Experience in Maintenance and Administration of Hyperion Essbase Cubes, strong experience in Data loading using Rule files, ESSCMD, Essbase Integration Services, Essbase Studio. Expertise in writing ESSCMD and MaxL Commands, MDX querying, Report scripts.
- Well experienced in EPMA, Planning Application implementation from end to end includes architecting, designing the metadata, building, loading data. Worked with Business unit, Process unit, Review process, Rules.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the Hyperion Planning application, Data Forms, Business Rules, Menus, Task Lists & Loading the Data from flat files and interface tables.
- Proficient in Excel Add-in and Hyperion Smart view. Experience with providing training to business users and technical team members on OLAP concepts, Excel Add-in and Smart View.
- Proficient in technical documentation including Design, SLAs, Requirements, Application Maintenance and troubleshooting documentation. Worked in varied environments of Development, and Maintenance projects with excellent result-oriented approach.
- Significant functional experience implementing and/or upgrading Hyperion Financial Management.
- Experience in Oracle Hyperion Fusion Edition 11, including HFM, Essbase, Shared Services, Workspace, Web Analysis, Financial Reporting.
- Created Applications for Project designing, resources using DRM.
- Proficient in technical documentation including Design, SLAs, Requirements, Application Maintenance and troubleshooting documentation.
- Worked in varied environments of Development, and Maintenance projects with excellent result-oriented approach.
- Project delivery experience employing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) or Consulting Delivery Methodology (CDM) models.
- Expert in ESSBASE Cube Analysis, Design and Maintenance, ESSBASE Database Administration upgrades, Database backups, Performance tuning and Optimization.
- Financial Close Management (FCM) - Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM) and Close Manager (CM), Financial Data-Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE).
OLAP: Hyperion Essbase 184.108.40.206, Planning 11, Hyperion 9BI+, Web Analysis, Hyperion Financial Reports, Hyperion Smart View, Essbase Integration Services, Essbase Studio, EPBCS, FCCS
RDBMS: MS Access, Teradata, Oracle 9i/10g/11i, MS SQL Server, MySQL5.0, TOAD, SQL Plus
Operating System: UNIX (Solaris, Linux, HP, AIX 5.3), Windows 95/98/NT
ERP: SAP R/3, Oracle R12. Cloud ERP
Others: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, AHA, Rally
Oracle EPM Hyperion Lead
- Responsible for the design, development and operational support for GE EPM Hyperion applications which include PBCS, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE), Data Relationship Management and Automic Software.
- Administer the Oracle Hyperion Planning (PBCS/EPBCS) Application, and related Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) components including the creation and maintenance of models, forms, rules, reports, dashboards, and other elements associated with maintaining an Enterprise wide application
- Partner and work closely with Hyperion DevOps team members and Functional Business partners on EPM initiatives such as Financial Consolidation, Intercompany Elimination, SOX Compliance, Cash Flow Analysis and External Reporting using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Manage the development of break-fixes, enhancements, releases, and patches of ES HFM code set Business Rule file to the Release timetable set by the ES HFM Manager
- Performed detailed validation of HFM Business Rules Logic with intercompany eliminations, chart of accounts design, metadata hierarchies and custom attributes such as Supplemental details and financial reporting.
- Worked on DRM (Data Relationship Management) for HFM and ERP Chart of Account Governance and maintenance
- Managed and define integration rules for financial consolidation and close process, optimize close cycle and minimize manual intervention/work during close process
- Created data forms, data grids, financial reports, rules scripts, member lists, journal module, objects, consolidation sequence and data clearing procedures to optimize HFM consolidation.
- Developed and maintain Hyperion User Security, Data Forms, Data Grid and HFM task flows as per GE business requirements.
- Worked with business application developers to determine how enterprise infrastructure will optimally meet business needs, while promoting adherence to analysis, design, and development standards and methodologies.
- Created automated ODI integration Process to perform reconciliation between local ERP and HFM.
- Partner with Corporate Finance IT and GE Business Unit IT organizations to define requirements, establish plans and execute accordingly
- Implemented Enterprise Data Management Cloud Services(EDMCS) to source GE COA to multiple PBCS instances.
- Business rules development, Customized Data form design, Task list creation, planning process management and Hyperion shared services security management
- Data and metadata management for Hyperion planning applications
- Performed regression testing on HFM Rule 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 with all the functional scenarios of HFM in real-world usage, also redesigned cash flow testing process to ensure complete data integrity facilitating Aviation’s further adoption of Enterprise standards and tighter integration/less defects.
- Worked closely with ESHFM team on HFM cycle optimization which includes Server Tuning, Hierarchy Review & Automic job execution, ultimately managed to reduce 25% total HFM cycle time(wing to wing).
- Communicate project weekly status & share reports with all stake holders and get signoffs on billing milestones for implementation projects
- Developed new reconciliation process between HFM and RASR generates all variances(including penny variances) in less than 20 min, created tremendous value for controllership by providing real time insight into close process
- Expertise in Functional Testing to ensure a Data Quality after Migration and experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure business requirements have been fulfilled.
- Strong ability to thoroughly document User Manuals after subsequent releases and conducting User Training Workshops to familiarize Business users to the changes in Hyperion system
- Critically review and analyze current standards, processes, tools, and operational metrics in order to recommend and implement changes leading to Hyperion best practices.
- Proactively drive the prioritization and resource planning of IT work to support business objectives and key initiatives for Controllership and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A).
- Designed batch processes for Reduction of maintenance issues, streamline the business process and drive simplification across day to day IT operations.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Oracle Hyperion Developer)
- Designed Integrated Planning and Consolidation solution with Hyperion(EPM) suits of products(PBCS, HFM, Planning, Essbase, DRM, ODI, Smartview)
- Developed all application metadata, data loads and reconciliations, serves as contact for all user inquiries, and works closely with the accounting and FP&A team to design and improve planning and reporting processes with Hyperion Applications.
- Supported consolidation process of monthly flash data, perform necessary checks and work closely with controllership and FP&A finance teams to ensure timely financial reporting.
- Worked on business requirements for HFM metadata, business rule, data form, security and reporting solution.
- Developed the Calculation scripts to calculate complex values like Currencies, Acquisition Cost, Gross Margin / Inventory Turn, Revenue / Payroll, Total Head Count, Revenue per QTY, Revenue per Square Foot, Return on Assets, Property, Plant & Equipment, Cash Cost per User and YTD Commitment & Variance.
- Created integration script in FDM to connect to and load data directly from Oracle GL tables, instead of first exporting to a flat file and then loading.
- Provided strategic oversight, tactical and operational leadership to drive team optimization and individual team member growth.
- Created an enterprise view of financial chart accounts, with the help of Hyperion DRM, with a view to govern ongoing financial management and consolidations
- Managed system requirements, performed design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Developed and maintain Block Storage Outline / Aggregate Storage Outline (BSO/ASO) cubes
- Worked extensively in developing complex business rules to spread variance between actual and current forecast scenario.
- Developed Web Forms, Composite Web Forms, Menu, Task Lists, and User Variables based on the Functional and Technical Requirements requested by the business.
- Built loads into EPMA IM tables, launch EPMA scripts, and build loads directly into Essbase and launch Essbase calc scripts.
- Managed Metadata and Security using Web based Planning and applied Security to the members of the following dimensions: Account, Scenario, Entity, Product, and Version.
- Worked with Oracle/Hyperion Support team to resolve issues and reported new Bugs in the software.
- Periodically review and analyze current standards, processes, tools, and operational metrics in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability, performed root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Oracle Hyperion Developer)
- Participated into the design, code review meetings to ensure the compliance as per the GE standards of the organization and SOX compliance.
- Configuration of Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Web Analysis, Oracle Hyperion Smartview.
- Release software build and support the roll-out activities of the project.
- Coordination with Quality Assurance team for the test scenarios, test strategy, defect fixing and tracking.
- Manage monthly financial data load using Oracle Financial Data Quality Management (FDM).
- Analyzed the overall architectural options for solutions Scope business requirements for proposed change initiatives.
- Created and loaded metadata per user requirements, created data forms, data grids, reports and data mapping & developed scripts for HFM Rules and FDM data mapping.
- Designed strategy for Data Architecture, Master Data, ETL Process, Security & Backup Recovery.
- Designed compliance with all applicable change management processes and procedures including SOX controls and other internal controls.
- Worked on Intercompany Transaction such as Minority Interest, Elimination & Subsidiary management.
- Worked on Planning Data Forms, Task List, Security, Budget process & Business rules.
- Created security reports from Hyperion Shared Services and worked with security classes.
- Designed batch processes for reduction of maintenance issues, streamline the business process & high avaibility of Data.
- Worked with FP&A staff for their monthly and quarterly reporting requirement with Hyperion Planning and Financial Reporting Studio.
- Provided efficient end user support with Smartview troubleshooting & access management with IDM.
- Supported incidents within the SLA and to investigate incidents and, when possible, identify the root cause and resolve or raise software issue tickets
- Managed Hierarchy, Node, Security and Validation with Oracle Data Relationship Management(DRM).
- Successfully implemented Hyperion Financial Close Management(FCM) as a “One Day Close” solution
- Managed Hyperion and Tableau integration for “Cost Visibility” dashboard.