- 9 years of IT experience in the Database Administration, Analysis, Design and Development of applications.
- Experience in managing database projects and involving business team/ application owners to make sure the team is on track with the defined schedules.
Responsibilities: Dataguard configuration for disaster recoveries and critical applications. Configure setup unidirectional DDL/DML Golden Gate replication. Database backup recovery setup using Commvault backup management console. 11203 database configuration and applying security patches Critical patch update April'2013 . VDB configuration management using Delphix. Application level data fixes and sql code development as per requirement. Performance analysis and recommendation to enhance better response time at database level using various oracle tools. Weekly database maintenance like generating stats, index reorg, space optimization. Database monitoring control using 12c Grid management console
Technology : Oracle 11g, 12c Grid, RMAN, RAC 2 Node Cluster 11g, ASM, Data Guard, Golden Gate unidirectional
OS : Rhel 6
Sr. Database Engineer
- Maintain documentation on tasks performed at database levels and adhering to processes defined within the organization.
- As a DBA consultant, lead a e project for Database infrastructure refresh for the period from 02/10 04/13. Additionally performed following activities.
- Oracle Database configuration, installation, migration upgrades standalone .
- Real application cluster configuration and implementation.
- Manage databases on clusterware and monitor the same for high availability enabled applications.
- Oracle Database patching interim PSU, standalone , rolling upgrade patch sets RAC .
- Plan database backup strategy based on business/application requirements and database criticality.
- Database tuning using Oracle tools like AWR, ADDM, Sql Baselines and analyze query execution using different techniques.
- Tuning database queries to improve better response time at application level.
- Database cloning based on application requirement using traditional, data pump and recover manager tools.
- Recovery Manager RMAN for database upgrades and cloning from time to time based on application demands.
- Setting up Standby databases and configure Data Guard on 11g environments.
- Active participant of disaster recovery activities, testing production backups on the DR sites for data consistency and data availability.
- Manage database on ASM storage, which involves monitoring of disk availability, addition of new disks and managing disk rebalancing based on database load.
- Configuring Oracle Grid Control for advanced database monitoring and alerting mechanism.
- Unix shell scripting for database advanced monitoring and alerting mechanism corrective actions for any critical alerts.
- Configuring implementing Apex
- Provide on oncall support during weekends to address critical issues and perform weekend production database maintenances.
- As an Golden Gate consultant,
- Initiate Database replication using Oracle Golden Gate.
- Implement unidirectional replication on Dev, Test Production environments.
- Bidirectional setup on testing environment to produce the functionality and advantages t the business.
- Monitor database replication to make sure the databases are in sync and handle replicate abend errors.
- Golden gate process monitoring scripts to track issues and implement required corrective actions.
- Upgrade from 10g to 11.1.1
Technology : Oracle 9i, 10g,11g, 10g/11g Grid, RMAN, RAC 10g, 11g, ASM, Data Guard, OEM, Golden Gate
OS : Rhel 5 /6
Oracle Database Administrator
- Identify top SQL that are consuming heavy resources.
- Develop PLSQL codes as per requirement and assist application team.
- AWR, statspack analysis for performance enhancement.
- Configuring various monitoring scripts using shell scripting for advanced database monitoring.
- Configuring Disaster Recovery Sites DR for production and critical database.
- Periodic performance monitoring and fine tuning of Databases/Applications.
- Database refreshes Prod to Test, Prod to Dev
- Deployment of existing and new databases on Oracle 10g Grid control for advance monitoring.
- Installation, configuration, Managing, upgrading of Oracle Database environments and related products 9i, 10g on Unix and windows Environment.
- As a database administrator I used to manage core Database activities like Database installation and configuration, Oracle Application Server 10g implementation. I have experience in implementing and configuring Oracle 10g Grid for advanced database proactive monitoring.
- Manage Logical and Physical backups.
- Perform database backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Perform internal Database audits.
- Health check report alerts to track database growth, tablespace issues, archive hung issues and file system storage issues.
Technology : Oracle database 9i/10g, 10g Grid, RMAN, Data Guard, OEM
OS : Rhel, Solaris, AIX, Windows Server
Trainee IT Services
- Performing daily database activities.
- Installing and configuring oracle databases.
- Space Management and Performance Tuning of oracle databases.
- Generating analyzing daily MIS reports for the productivity parameters and suggesting corrective actions, if any.
- Automation of Daily MIS Report.
- Applying necessary patches.
- Used tool like Toad and Sql loader for querying, Loading Data and Generating MIS Data's.
- Manufacturing New Prepaid Sim Cards from database level and pre activating of newly manufactured sim cards from database level.
- Generating Month End Financial Reports from Oracle Database.
Technology : Oracle database 9i, RMAN, OEM
OS : Rhel, Solaris, AIX, Windows Server