Oracle Certified Professional OCP with 16 years of professional experience in the Information Technology industry, I have gained knowledge in all phases of software development life cycle. During my years of experience, I have been involved in the design, development, migration, and implementation of software solutions utilizing my proficiencies in Oracle Database Engineering and Administration Application DBA and Operation DBA , Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing. I have a strong understanding of both relational and dimensional modeling and experience with working on large database systems 5 Terabytes .
Professional Training Courses:
- R12.x Install/Patch/Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite 2013 - Oracle University
- OracleAS Portal 10g: Build Portals with PL/SQL 2007 Oracle University
- OracleAS Portal 10g: Build Corporate Portals 2007 Oracle University.
- Oracle 10g: Backup, Recovery, and Server Tuning 2007 Learning Tree International
- Oracle 10g Database Administration 2006 Learning Tree International
- Oracle Warehouse Builder 9i 2004 Oracle University
- Oracle Programming PL/SQL 2001 Learning Tree International
- Introduction to UNIX Programming 2001 Global Knowledge
- Visual Basic Programming 1999 Learning Tree International
Sr. Oracle Database Architect/DBA
- Sr. Oracle Database Architect/DBA for the Federal Digital System FDsys and Electronic Passport ePassport project for the Government Printing Office GPO . Both FDsys and ePassport resides on a LINUX / Oracle 11g RAC with Automatic Storage Management ASM architecture platform configured with a physical standby database using Oracle Data Guard.
- Responsible for providing all aspects of Database Engineering and Administration support for multiple environments development, test, and production .
- Recommend and implement Oracle Database partitioning and indexing strategy, perform capacity planning, monitor database usage, configure and manage ASM disks, identify and resolve performance issues, address defragmented objects, and enable resumable space allocation to facilitate batch loads.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure/Real Application Cluster RAC , Oracle 11gR2 and Oracle 12c RDBMS, Enterprise Manager 12c, and GoldenGate 11g.
- Configure and monitor physical standby database and performed fail over database switchover drills from primary to standby to ensure archived logs are successfully transported, and leverage Oracle Flashback Technologies to facilitate testing.
- Installed and configured E-Business Suite R12 EBS application on 2 nodes Linux platform, performance tune EBS application, performed maintenance on system, applied patches, and monitored EBS jobs.
- Scale-up existing Oracle RAC environment by extending Oracle Clusterware and RAC Database onto new node.
Sr. Oracle Database Architect/DBA
- Sr. Oracle Database Architect/DBA for the Bank Security Act Information Technology Modification BSAITMOD program for Financial Crime Enforcement Network FINCEN . The BSAITMOD system is on a LINUX / Oracle 11gR2 with Automatic Storage Management ASM architecture platform with 2 terabytes of data.
- Responsible for providing Oracle engineering and Database Administration support, maintaining both the logical and physical data model, recommending data warehouse best practices for fast data loads, database design, and database configuration.
- Implement partitioning, indexing, parallelism, and database backup strategies for all environments cold backups and RMAN .
- Maintain data model using ERWIN and ensure both logical and physical data model conforms to FINCEN's naming standards.
- Clone database onto different environments with different ASM configuration using RMAN, transfer Oracle datafiles from file system storage to ASM storage, migrate Oracle managed files from with 32k blocksize to an environment with different 8k blocksize using transportable tablespace, and create restore points to flashback database.
- Installed and configured physical standby database and monitored DR environment using Oracle11g Data Guard.
- Developed and automated a migration script using Unix Shell and PL/SQL to ensure all database objects are synchronized in each environment, reviewed, corrected, and performance tuned developer's scripts SQL, PL/SQL , and managed all migration efforts while following the CM process.
- Create and maintain Oracle objects and thresholds, generate AWR snapshots and ADDM reports, and resolve database performance issues using Oracle Grid Control.
Solution Architect/Oracle DBA
- Solution Architect/DBA for the Single Family Credit Data Mart SFCDM project for Freddie Mac. The SFCDM data mart is on a LINUX / Oracle 11g RAC with Automatic Storage Management ASM architecture platform with 5 terabytes of data.
- Provide Oracle Database Engineering and Administrative support, data modeling, and data warehouse expertise to improve the overall design and performance of SFCDM.
- Significantly improve the performance for SFCDM by recommending best indexing and partitioning strategies, utilizing parallelism, creating materialized views, and formulating solutions for fast data refresh and data loads.
- Interact with business users, developers, performance, and production team to provide solutions to address performance related issues.
- Created a project plan to meet both short-term and long-term strategies to extend and improve SFCDM project at the database architecture layer, application layer, database design layer, and infrastructure layer.
- Install patch on Oracle 11g RAC /Automatic Storage Management ASM .
- Analyze and monitor multiple Oracle 11g RAC database using Oracle Grid Control.
- Performance tune, monitor, and resolve application related issue with E-Business Suite R11 EBS .
Sr. Oracle DBA/Data Architect
- Provide data warehouse proficiency, data modeling, and Oracle database administrative support for various projects for CGI's Business Intelligent Group.
- Responsible for the overall design, development, and maintenance of both physical and logical model for both CRMIS Case Review Management Information System and MIS Management Information System Data Warehouse System for CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid using dimensional modeling, recommend data warehouse best practices and data load strategies, provide Oracle Database Administration support, and produce project documents database design document, system design document, and operation and maintenance manual documentation .
- Responsible for installing, configuring, performance tuning, and maintaining Oracle 10.2 Database on Solaris 10 for the development, test, and production environment.
- Develop and implement database backup strategies for both CGI and CMS's environment using RMAN.
- Ensure both LDM and PDM conforms to CMS's data architectural guidelines.
Business Intelligence Specialist
- Designed developed, and implemented an Enterprise Data Warehouse System for the EMDS Enterprise Management Decision Support project for Deputy Under Secretary of the Army Business Transformation DUSA-BT .
- Provide database administrative support to Avanco projects. i.e. Install, configure, performance tune, restore and recover database, and upgrade Oracle products Oracle 10g database, Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g, Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Portal, and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition .
- Responsible for the design, development, maintenance of both physical and logical data model for EMDS using dimensional modeling, analyze both business requirements and Army data to translate into technical design, develop and performance tune ETL mappings, develop refresh strategies, and develop PL/SQL procedures/functions and dimensional objects utilizing the OLAP catalogue.
- Defined methodologies and business rules, established performance and technical standards, and interact with customer and team to formulate system architect.
Data Systems Engineer
- Designed and developed KEYSTONE Data Warehouse System using Erwin Data modeling tool, Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g OWB , PL/SQL, and Oracle 10g database.
- Analyzed US Army KEYVIEW Data warehouse for restructuring and modernizing into a dimensional data warehouse.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Oracle 10g objects on Sun Solaris platform, formulating ETL strategies from source to target database, developing OWB mappings and PL/SQL scripts, and maintaining both logical and physical design.
- Responsible for all database administrative tasks. i.e. Install and configure Oracle 10.1 database, perform database backups, create and manage oracle objects DDL, sequence, indexes, and tablespaces , and performance tuned both database and ETL mappings.
- Lead and mentored development team to design and develop efficient ETL mappings and data warehouse process.
- Provided data migration support and recommended data load strategies for Total Force Data Warehouse TFDW on LINUX/Oracle9i platform system for the United States Marine Corp using Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.
Information System Technologist 5
- Developed and maintained Enterprise Data Warehouse on Sun Solaris 7.0 UNIX/Oracle 9i platform system for the Department of Treasury.
- Extract, transform, and load data ETL from PeopleSoft Database System and National Finance Center NFC Mainframes flat files using Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB 9.2, UNIX script, and PL/SQL.
- Supported Business Objects developers by resolving all data issues related to data warehouse.
- Designed, developed, and implemented Customer Relationship Management CRM application on HP-UNIX/Oracle 8.0.6 platform system for British Telecommunication Public Safety Radio Communication Project PSRCP using Clarify eFrontOffice, Oracle8i, and PL/SQL.
- Interacted with clients and analyzed requirements to formulate system architecture and produced documents system design, test, transition, and installation procedures in support of British Telecommunication.
Technical Consultant Confidential
- Customized Clarify CRM application eFrontOffice v8.5 for 360networks project on Unix/Oracle 8.0.6 platform.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained database system using Clarify CRM software package and Oracle 8.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining forms using ClearBasic, designing data model via Data Dictionary Editor, developing reports using Crystal Reports 7.0, and performing database maintenance.
Visual Basic Developer
- Designed, developed, and implemented Orphan Products Development OPD for the FDA using Visual Basic 6.0 and Oracle 7.0.
- Responsible for researching client requirements and formulating design alternatives, developing GUI interface and Oracle objects, installing and configuring the development environment, and developing both test and user documentation.
- Developed and maintained EMSARS database system using VB 6.0, Crystal Report 7.0, and Access 97.
- Designed and developed Out Year Planning System OYPS for Advance System and Technology Office ASTO using Visual Basic 6.0, MS Access, and Erwin.
- Translate business requirements into technical design document.
- Developed reports using Crystal Reports and added functionality to existing website using ASP.
- Maintained TIEMS database system using Visual Basic for Application and Access VBA .
- Involved in adding enhancements to website using HTML and Active Server Page ASP .