- 8 years of IT experience as Oracle Database Administrator with key strengths in Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and 11gR2 databases on Linux, Solaris and Windows operating system environments.
- 5 Years of DBA experience working on SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 databases.
- Currently evaluating scenarios to upgrade to Oracle 12C and create pluggable databases as a part of consolidation.
- Expert at various SQL tuning and performance tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler and SQL Analyzer for SQL Server databases.
- Hands on experience with installing, upgrading SAP databases and administration using BRTools.
- Responsible for both managing and supporting all Production, Development and Staging instances of Oracle Version's 9i, 10g 11g along with 24 X 7 Support to the Production database.
- Upgrade and Migrate SQL Server databases across different versions.
- Installed Oracle server and client software, configured, upgraded and applied critical patches to databases of various versions on HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows in Production and QA environments and migrated databases from Oracle 9i, to 10g and 11R2.
- Installed 10g, 11g GRID control, deployed OEM agents and configured database, listeners on Grid.
- Configured Grid for various alert and other performance monitoring indicators.
- Managed database Privacy and Security by monitoring User Privileges, Schemas and using Auditing techniques.
- Expert level knowledge of creating and maintaining Tables, Partitioning, indexes, Materialized Views, Parallel Execution, Global Temporary Tables, Triggers, Stored procedures and database refreshing using Export/Import, Datapump.
- Implemented DR High Availability oracle solutions using oracle Streams and Data guard.
- Performed Database backup, Restoring Databases, Creating Database Objects, Ensuring Data Integrity, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting, Replication, Migrating Data between Database servers.
- Sound RMAN experience of Backup, Restore and Recovery in different scenarios and requirements using RMAN, Data pump and Flashback.
- Experience in database migration using Golden Gate on Red Hat Linux 4 servers.
- Extensive experience in Transformation, Loading Data into various Databases using Datastage, External Tables, Transportable Tablespaces.
- Performance Tuning and Optimizing database parameters using AWR, ADDM, Explain plans, STATSPACK.
- Experience in OWI reports and various advisors like ASMM, Undo Advisor, and Segment Advisor.
- Worked on Switchover and Failover scenarios for high availability Server with Data Guard Broker.
- Experience using shell script to automate OS and database related process schedules and monitoring of databases.
- Proficient in tracing sessions using SQL trace/10046 trace and use TKPROF output files to monitor resource utilization.
- Performed User Account Management - Creating database Users, Schemas, Roles, Privileges, Password management, Connectivity issues related to Listener, tnsnames, ODBC.
- Wide experience in Tuning and Optimizations for good throughput and performance for Maximum availability environments.
- Monitored and optimized the performance of the database through Database Tuning Tuning Applications, Tuning Instance, and Tuning Disk Usage.
- Data and Database replication using snapshots, materialized views, Golden Gate and Streams.
- Possess excellent inter personal and communication skills.
Installation Configuration of Oracle, Oracle RAC, Database Server Tuning and sizing, Application SQL Tuning, User-Space management, Backup/recovery techniques, SQL Net configuration, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Oracle Migration Tools. Capacity Planning, Oracle RMAN, RCVCAT, Oracle Application Server, Oracle Data guard / Standby database, Oracle Replication/ Oracle Streams.
DBA Tools/Oracle Products
OEM Oracle Enterprise Manager , Puppet, SQL Navigator, Platinum SQL Station Analyzer, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, Statspack, Korn shell, TKPROF, Data-pump, DBCA, DBUA, SSAS, SSMS
Oracle 8i,9i,10g,11g, SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2
Programming Scripting languages
SQL,PL/SQL,XML , UNIX Shell Scripting, C, C , C , Oracle Forms 10g, 9i, 6i /Reports 10g, 9i
UNIX HP UX 9.x/10.20/11.0, Sun Solaris OS 2.8/2.9/2.10, AIX 5.x,4.x , Windows NT 4.0,Windows 95 /3.X, Novell NetWare 4.0
Oracle SQL Database Administrator
- Currently exploring options to migrate and upgrade to Oracle 12C and utilize pluggable databases to help recover from performance over head due to database consolidation in oracle 11g.
- Consolidate 20 standalone databases into single database instance on an Oracle Farm as a part of the schema consolidation project.
- Installed Oracle 11g and upgraded over 50 databases from 10g to 11g on windows/solaris10 using both in-place upgrade options as well as clean install for SAP and Non-SAP applications.
- Migrate databases across data centers and upgrade to 11g, install patches
- Install 11g SAP database binaries and upgrade SAP databases from 10gR2 to 11gR2 as a part of SAP ECC 6.0 upgrade projects.
- Complete 24/7 database support for the SAP BASIS team during ECC 6.0 SAP upgrade.
- Performance monitoring and enhancements to OLTP SAP databases after upgrades. Identify missing Indexes and create them to avoid full table scans.
- Schema consolidation while moving application servers to new virtual slices and database checkout during server consolidations.
- SAP database administration using BRTOOLS and ensuring backups.
- Refresh schema and databases for SAP and non-sap applications.
- Failover testing, configuring databases on the cluster and disaster recovery implementation using Data guard.
- Provided DBA support to SAP basis Team to install SAP Solution Manager 7.0.
- Enhanced SAP database performance and space utilization using 11g ADR tool
- Migrated FDA data using validated EXPORT/IMPORT techniques and document it for auditing.
- Installed Grid control 11g and installed Oracle Management Agents with the help of a central, shared Oracle home location.
- Schedule Cron jobs and refresh databases using hot backup.
- Attend Golden Gate and 12C workshops organized by Oracle.
- Setup and configure SQL Server '08 including SP2 on Virtual windows machines.
- Gather licensing and resource requirements to upgrade databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server '12 to set up and upgrade USER databases.
- Setup and configure user databases, Security Principles logins and mapping and jobs in SQL Server'08 as a part of BP C application upgrade.
- Migrate SQL Server databases including Master keys and logins from SQL Server 2005 physical servers to SQL Server 2008 Virtual as a part of consolidation project.
- Create Adhoc backups to refresh QA and test SQL databases using copy from Prod. Use COPY database wizard without downtime.
- Create maintenance plans and jobs for SQL Server user databases.
- Create Operators and Proxies to help set up jobs on SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Fine tune Stored Procedures and reduce run time significantly using Explain plan and Database tuning tools.
- Create and configure DBMAIL and Linked Servers for SQL 2008/2012 databases.
- Manage memory configurations between multiple named instances on a single VM server.
- Provide DBA support for Plan View application upgrade from V9 to V10 on SQL Server'08 by creating and configuring 12 databases as per application needs.
- Troubleshoot performance issues related to stored procedures after go-live with Plan View upgrade and help resolve bottle necks by tuning the code.
- Recover and restore SQL Server databases using EMC AVAMAR backup and recovery tool across Data centers.
- Review and tighten security principles on SQL Server 2008/2012 databases. Clean up redundant privileges and consolidate logins into Application groups for better administration.
- Pin point and troubleshoot I/O performance issues due to AVAMAR tool on database health and suggest alternative approach.
- Install, configure and generate reports as POC for SQL Server BPA tool.
- Use extensive performance mining tools such as Performance Dashboards and VSphere VM client to co-relate and provide reports for optimal results on SQL 2005/2008 servers.
- Test, configure and Schedule backup and recovery policies for SQL Server databases using EMC's AVAMAR backup tool as a part of Global backup and recovery solution migration from Netbackup.
- Installed SQL Server '05 on new virtual windows servers and moved databases from old servers to new. Installed service packs.
- Schedule RMAN backups and lead the effort to implement EMC's Networker across all ORACLE and SAP databases on SOLARIS.
- Test, configure and Schedule backup and recovery policies for Oracle databases 10g, 11g using EMC's Networker backup tool as a part of Global backup and recovery solution migration from Netbackup.
- Install and configure Oracle Gateway for SQL Server
- Efficient at Incident management, prioritizing incidents and service requests based on SLA's, attend change advisory board meetings and defend necessary changes to maintain optimal database performance and patching, plan and submit IPR's for new LUNs to support new applications, provide DBA insight to IT engineering council when required and provide on-call and production support in a rotation basis.
Environment: Solaris 5.X, Windows 2K, Linux, VMware, Oracle 12C, 11g R2/10g R2, AWR, ADDM, ADR, SAP, RMAN, EXP/IMP, SQL 2005,2008 and 2012
Oracle and SQL Database Administrator
- Setting up daily monitoring jobs, automatic alert notification when database is down or preset thresholds exceeded, installation of new database upgrades, patches, create databases, primary database objects like table spaces, tables, views, synonyms, snapshots, partitioning and sizing tables, indexes etc.
- Involved in Upgrade/Migration of the oracle databases from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
- Supported installation and setup of 2 node Oracle 11g RAC.
- Monitored and Administrated ORACLE RAC databases on ORACLE 11g Clusters.
- Implemented security policy using Fine Grained Audit FGA to watch any suspicious activity on objects.
- Upgrade SQL Server databases to 2005 and set up mirroring.
- Tune and allocate memory and resources to multiple named instances on a single VM slice
- Automated the different tasks like Creating Databases, Binaries Installation, backups using KORN shell scripts.
- Configured logical stand by database for the primary database and opened up the database to the reporting users group to distribute the load between primary and standby database.
- Monitored performance of queries using Explain Plan, TKPROF, STATSPACK reports and assisting the developers in optimizing and tuning the SQL and PL/SQL code using SQL trace SQL Tuning Advisor
- Created and analyzed Stats pack report, AWR reports and identified solutions.
- Performed Database backups and recovery using RMAN, Import/Export, Hot/Cold Backups, and Data Pump tools.
- Managed Oracle in High Availability environments using Real Application Cluster RAC , Failovers, Data Guard and Cloning technologies.
- Refresh/Cloning of Database and applications for development and testing purpose.
- Tuned database parameter, PL/SQL scripts and queries using stats pack report, TOAD, AWR, ADDM or through the end users. Used Materialized Views when possible to reduce network load.
- Backup of Database Performed database Backup depending upon Business Strategy: Daily Backup, weekly Backup etc.
- Used Oracle Directory Services Manager to configure the structure of the directory, define objects in the directory, add and configure users, groups, entries and manage security.
- Handled complete and incomplete recovery in case of database failure.
- Used RMAN for backup and recovery. Performed backup validations using RMAN.
- Managed schemas, user privileges, suggested and implemented external tables instead of SQL Loader to reduce time and resources.
- Managed database availability by replicating physical database using Golden Gate.
Environment: Solaris 5.X, Windows NT, VMware, SQL Server 2000 2005,Oracle11g R2/10g R2, 7x HP UX 10.2/11.X, IBM AIX, RAC, AWR, ADDM, SQL trace, TKPROF, Golden Gate, TOAD.
Oracle DBA Consultant
- Setting up Oracle 10g databases on Solaris, Red hat Linux, installing Oracle Enterprise Manager on Workstation to monitor multiple Oracle instances.
- Involved in process improvement, Oracle Server Installations / Upgrades/Patches, Space Management, Capacity Planning, Backup Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning, Application Tuning, Security Administration, Data Guard, Oracle Advanced Replication, Real Application Clusters, Oracle Standby.
- Supported Migration of Databases using Golden Gate and Data pump from 9i to 11g. Installed, configured Golden Gate and its Processes with File permission for Cross Platform Migration, Replication.
- Oracle Database Administration on 24x7 critical production and large databases of over 4 TB using Oracle 10g, 9i.
- Managed application development rollovers to production. Implemented data security using database roles and views.
- Continuous monitoring of Database Performances and identifying any bottlenecks hindering the performance of the database
- Database Fail over / Switch over activities for maintenance and time-to-time DR drills with Oracle9i/10g Data guard.
- Worked on Automatic Storage Management ASM for managing data in SAN.
- Preparing OS Environment for Database, especially RAC environment doing thorough testing of all RAC nodes using FEMA guidelines at Server Level, Interconnect, Failover/load balance and Database level.
- Performed tasks associated with tuning of database systems for performance and efficiency enhancements, reviewing the logs, available space, configuring the initialization parameters based on application requirements, optimizing complex SQL queries, adhering to the OFA standards, using RAID drives to implement file systems.
- Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, Tkprof, and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Create, maintain and refresh required Oracle instances/databases for development, test and production environments, install patches.
- Tuning of OS by Reducing Paging/Swapping, Tuning of SGA and Tuning of memory allocation.
- Implement backup and recovery procedures using RMAN for Oracle databases and test regularly in conjunction with Operations.
Environment: Oracle 10gR2, SAN, HP-UX 11.31, Linux AS 5, AIX 5.3, OEM Grid Control , RMAN, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, AWR, Explain Plan
Oracle DBA Consultant
- Performed database Migration from Windows platform to Linux using RMAN Convert , EXP/IMP and Data pump.
- Analyzing the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor Reports from various Databases in various time intervals, creating BASELINE and monitoring performance metrics of Databases workload.
- Creating Materialized views and Materialized View Logs for Increased Performance and Data Replication.
- Used Flashback technologies-Flashback Table, Flashback Query Flashback Database to recover from user errors and minimize the Full/Incomplete database recoveries
- Monitoring databases and setting alerts using Oracle Grid Control/Enterprise Manager
- Configured users into consumer groups and set the resource utilization based upon business activity using Resource Manager.
- Patched/Upgraded and migrated ORACLE 9i Databases to ORACLE 10g databases using DBUA and Data pump.
- Refreshed/migrated PROD, DEV, UAT databases using Datapump, RMAN, and Transportable Tablespaces etc.
- Administrated database regarding space related issues- monitoring Tablespaces, users' security of data accessibility and Configuring Archive log destinations and Flash Recovery Area FRA .
- Create Triggers and defined constraints to maintain the data integrity in the databases.
- Installation and configuration of ORACLE Net8 for client-server connectivity.
- Planning and scheduling for the backup of database information using Crontab jobs.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports regarding total revenue management.
- Developing various Business and ad-hoc Reports.
- Writing stored procedures to achieve back end functionality
- Assisted DBAs for Creation of all database objects, Allocate system storage and Plan future storage requirement.
- Develop and maintain Application and Database Security Standard. Wrote and trouble shoot database triggers/Stored Procedures.
- Shell Scripting in csh and ksh
- Security Management that includes enrolling users and maintaining system security by controlling and monitoring user access to database.
Environment: Oracle 10g,/9.0.1/9.2.0, Oracle Applications 10.7 NCA, Shell Scripts, SVRMGR, Adadmin, SQL Plus, PLSQL, SUNDBLINK, RTRENF, Sun Solaris 2.6, Win NT