To obtain a position that allows me to utilize my skills and abilities while providing an opportunity to grow with my employer becoming a valuable asset. I'm looking for a home, not a job.
- SkillBuilders - Oracle Database APEX Development Experts
- August 1 Present
- Part-Time Staff
- Performing APEX and PL/SQL maintenance and consulting as needed. Developing class materials and plugin maintenance for Oracle APEX.
- Trinoor, LLC Software Development Marietta, GA
- October 1, 2013 June 13, 2014 - 6 mo. Contract Extended
- Lead Developer PL/SQL and APEX
- This company provides consulting and technical staff to large power companies internationally and is trying to enter the high-end time management software business for this market. I was hired to bring their time management software, TAStK, to beta so it could be marketed to the same industry they provide technical support. This task was accomplished on time. Shortly thereafter the company started suffering financial difficulties and I was laid-off.
Contracted to help design and implement a new Conflict of Disclosure/Conflict of Interest reporting system as mandated by the Federal Government, Public Health Services, for all researchers to disclose various data concerning their federally sponsored grants and protocols. Involved in the design and implementation of various systems which interacted with other University systems such as webAuth and Authority Manager to provide tools for researchers to document their interests and potential conflicts concerning their research. Once the data was captured, other APEX application reported on the data for various levels of management. Three APEX applications were built, one to capture the data, one to analyze the data and a third to perform administrative functions for the system as a whole.
- Oracle 11.1g, APEX 4.01, VPD, PL/SQL, Views, Types, Packages, Functions, Procedures,
- AT T Mobility/ AT T Labs Alpharetta, GA
- September, 2010 December 31, 2011
- Oracle/APEX/PLSQL - Analyst/ Developer 6 mo. Contract Extended
- Designed various APEX reports for the Circuit Path Design Organization CPDO national showing the actual and forecast delivery dates for the various types of transports DS1, DS1c, DS3c and ENET. There was considerable APEX development including customizing templates. Most of the coding and logic was handled through PL/SQL on an Oracle 11g instances. Report data came from a combination of 3 or more separate databases including drilling into Granite and Granite Works at the site, circuit, path and equipment levels. These reports are used at a national level with high visibility.
Oracle/APEX/PLSQL - Analyst/ Developer 6 Mo. Contract
- Contracted to migrate their Regulatory Submissions Implementation Site level application written in MS Access to APEX on Oracle 11g. Determine requirements, interview users group and determine essential requirements. I designed all schema objects in Oracle tables, indexes, triggers, functions, procedures, packages, sequences, etc. Once the schema and related objects were created the data was ETL from Access to Oracle.
- The business logic in MS Access was converted to PL/SQL and either placed in the APEX application or the database itself to be called by APEX. The APEX application was designed from the ground up and the various themes and templates were customized to yield the proper end result.
APEX PL/SQL Developer - 6 mo. Contract Extended
- Worked independently with stakeholders to gather requirements, create Functional Design Documents, use cases, process and data flow diagrams and an overall project plan including tasks, duration's assignments and predecessors.
- Created initial database schemas and corresponding objects tables, procedures, functions, packages, triggers, jobs, etc. Initially developed in Oracle 10g and later migrated to 11g.
- Designed and created all backed PL/SQL code packages.
- Designed and created web based UI with Oracle APEX and driven by PL/SQL.
- Promoted to Project Manager and Lead Developer to oversee project.
Sr. Oracle Developer and DBA - 6 mo. Contract Extended
- I was hired as the lead Oracle developer with DBA responsibilities for a large project with the State of Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles. My responsibilities included design, implementation and quality control over the data migration ETL from a very large Lotus Notes application to a new Java front-end and Oracle 10g back-end application. A PL/SQL package with proc's and functions controlled the migration and MS Access and Excel were used in various ways for quality control. In addition to ETL responsibilities I was tasked with the design of the Oracle schema's and related objects such as tables, indexes, proc's, functions, triggers, SQL optimization and tuning which included PL/SQL as required to process the many front-end initiated system tasks.
- ETL of data from Lotus Notes to an Oracle 10g environment using PL/SQL, MS Access and Excel.
- Created custom ETL tools using PL/SQL procedures, functions and a QC environment with MS Access and Excel.
- Oracle 10g schema and object architecture primarily using Toad Modeler, Toad and PL/SQL Developer, SQL tuning.
- Developed and optimized back-end code with PL/SQL packages.
- Established and documented all back-end procedures and practices based on State of Georgia required guidelines.
Oracle 10g, MS Access, Excel, VBA, toad, Toad Modeler, PL/SQL Developer, PL/SQL, SQL, ETL
- PL/SQL APEX - MS Access Developer Contract to Permanent
- Initially contracted to develop multiple MS Access desktop based reporting applications for upper level managers. This evolved into a permanent position as a PL/SQL developer assisting production developers as needed. I was eventually assigned the responsibility of further developing their data mart used for reporting. This encompassed various levels of materialized views and PL/SQL packages to create the proper Fact and Dimension tables. Various PL/SQL packages were created to support management reports and auditing.
- Gather requirements and design desktop reporting systems using MS Access, VBA, Excel, Office automation and PL/SQL Oracle 10g.
- Create PL/SQL packages to support high volume OLTP Oracle 9i/10g.
- Data mart development using multiple materialized views, PL/SQL Oracle 10g.
- Develop a management reporting system with APEX as the front-end and Oracle PL/SQL and 10g database as the back-end from the data mart detailed SQL tuning.
Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, APEX, Data Mart, UNIX, Materialized Views, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SQL, MS Access, Excel, VBA, ActiveX Automation
Web Developer Contract
Developed web site for settlement agents to enter real estate addresses prior to closing to determine if there has been fraudulent activity relating to the closing address. Developed password secured site from scratch based on logic and provided parameters. I designed and developed MS Access front-end forms for direct customer access to database and various digital dashboard reporting.
ASP, VBScript, HTML, MS SQL Server 2000, Stored Procedures, Windows Server 2003, IIS6, MS Access, VBA, Excel, HTML
Design and develop MS Access/SQL Server based reporting and analysis systems.
Developer/Network Engineer Permanent
I designed, developed and maintained their network, web site, database and reporting systems. Also designed and developed a custom manufacturing system which included the following modules: Order Entry, Manufacturing Requirements Planning and Analysis, multi-level Bills of Materials including Work in Process, Scheduling and Planning and Purchasing Advice. Development of these systems originally started in Clipper and later was moved to MS Access using VBA and ActiveX Automation.