Summary of Qualifications
- Proven record of delivering innovative solutions to highly complex business and technical scenarios as an Enterprise Architect, Technical Director, Team Lead and Individual Contributor.
- TOGAF 9 Certified, Oracle Service Oriented Architecture Certified Expert and Computer Science plus MBA with over twenty years of software solution architecture, technical leadership, and management and software development experience.
- Oracle Consulting Technical Director specialized in leading and managing Service Oriented Architecture SOA projects utilizing Oracle Fusion Middleware FMW technologies in healthcare information exchanges, defense and financial industries.
- Technical Lead at a global medical device maker, leading its ERP technical implementation projects where he was able to work with multiple levels of business and technical resources to transform business needs to implemented software.
- Thought leader and hands-on expertise in Enterprise and Integration Architecture, Oracle FMW SOA 11g and 12c technologies BPEL, B2B, BAM, API/XML Gateway, OWSM, Mediator, OSB, BPM and ODI , Oracle Database 11g and 12c, Java, C, and J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne Development toolset.
- Principal Architect at PeopleSoft leading development of ERP modules for Lean/Flow Manufacturing, Engineer-to-Order, Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Relationship Management and Manufacturing Planning business domains.
- Experienced in multiple software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile, XP and Test-Driven Development. DoD Clearance information available upon request.
Consulting Technical Director
- Led teams of functional and technical experts on billable engagements to deliver solutions based on client requirements using Oracle FMW technologies.
- Developed FMW 10g to 12c upgrade roadmaps and scope of work.
- Provided architectural vision, framework, building blocks, governance, best practices, evolutionary roadmaps and solutions to enable Service-Oriented enterprise information systems within the timeframe and budget.
- Deep dived into technical issues that were critical success factors to project delivery in order to develop root causes and lasting solutions.
- Provided technical vision and leadership to minimize total cost of ownership and time to realization of value for multiple customers implementing SOA.
- Implemented SOA-based, highly available integration infrastructure utilizing Oracle FMW technologies, e.g. BPM BPMN , BPEL, Business Rules, Mediator, Web Service Manager OWSM , Oracle API Gateway OAG , Oracle Service Bus OSB , Business Activity Monitor BAM , Integration B2B iB2B , Service Registry UDDI , Oracle Data Integrator ODI , WebLogic Application Server, Java and FMW JCA adapters.
Global Combat Support System
- Architecture: Provided architectural framework, build patterns, best practices, reference architectural objects to realize SOA-based integration infrastructure for the USMC. Guided project leadership towards strategic utilization of Oracle FMW components as the de facto infrastructure to integrate E-Business Suite with multiple USMC legacy systems that utilized messaging over classic technologies e.g. database, files and standards-based technologies e.g. SOAP web services, EDI, JMS/AQ . Provided governance practices towards SOA artifacts and change control.
- Management: As the Integration Architecture and Infrastructure Leader, led, mentored and trained non-SOA practitioners to realize SOA principles and foundations by providing architecture for implementation, documentation and project templates to all SOA practitioners.
- Technical Leadership: Provided solutions to actively monitor integration points in real time. Provided innovative solutions utilizing Oracle FMW components towards enabling the SOA infrastructure hosted within the Defense Information Systems Agency DISA enclave to communicate over a variety of protocols HTTPS, FTPS and SFTP . Provided technical leadership to ensure safe coding practices and to secure HTTP-based SOAP Web Services from security vulnerabilities. Provided technical details to implement large-dataset integration patterns for Oracle FMW.
- Architecture: Provided System Architecture for SOA components to communicate within a secure framework, i.e. SSL with SSL Client Authentication over firewall-protected resources. Realized architectural guidance and solutions via Use Case and Architecture documentation as well as production-ready code.
- Management: Led four Oracle resources implementing integration processes as team lead.
- Techical Leadership: Provide solution for real-time Patient prescription authorization and feed from AllScripts Prescription Services into Oracle Healthcare Transaction Base and Initiate System's Master Person Index MPI .
ERP Technical Lead
- Responsible for providing guidance and roadmaps to the CIO and Director of Applications in areas of technical feasibility and strategic direction for the IT organization during the IBM-led global implementation of J.D. Edwards.
- Managed business requirements for ERP package implementation from the business users, as well as development work for software-supported business processes.
- Managed and participated in Technical Discovery sessions, Day-in-the-Life, and Cutover project plans.
- As Technical Lead for ERP, managed C.R. Bard resources performing upgrades and development of manufacturing applications for ERP rollout in multiple corporate manufacturing and distribution divisions.
Principal Architect / Project Manager
- Principal Architect for the EnterpriseOne product line within PeopleSoft, reporting to the V.P. of Software Engineering for the J.D. Edwards Product Suite.
- Led architecture, design, planning and execution of major software development projects for EnterpriseOne from inception to delivery.
- Defined as-is and to-be scenarios for end users of EnterpriseOne and formalized into requirements for software-supported business processes.
- Managed major projects and direct reports on the project, including software engineers, design leads and sub-project managers.
- Participated in product launch stage of software delivery, including presentations to customers.
Lean/Flow Manufacturing Systems Project
- Led a team of 27 software engineers and 9 quality engineers for PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne's formerly J.D. Edwards' OneWorld to develop a lean/flow manufacturing system from the ground up, based on the JCIT Demand Flow Technology manufacturing model.
- Performed development roadmap discoveries to develop and integrate the new Lean Manufacturing commercial offering for J.D. Edwards through communication with customers and subject matter experts on lean manufacturing.
- Developed architecture blue print for the lean-based manufacturing line design, Kanban planning, line sequencing, resource management and work order-less completion manufacturing system.
Sales Order Entry Refactoring Project
- Led a team of 12 software engineers and 3 quality engineers to enable modularization and stabilization of order entry systems in the PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne.
- Performed an in-depth root cause analysis to determine source of issues encountered by the sales order entry systems that refocused the team on the root causes of the issues instead of the symptoms.
- Developed architectural blueprints and reference models for developing applications within the PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne technology platform.
- Created detailed risk mitigation plan to deliver refactored code for code that was live on customer sites with zero defects.
Customer and Supplier Relationship CSR Portal and Self-Service Project
- Led a team of 10 software engineers and 3 quality engineers to enable collaborative business processes between an enterprise and its customers and suppliers, which spanned functional areas within the entire Supply Chain System in EnterpriseOne.
- Successfully delivered the applications, under the budgeted timeframe 8 months , and in time for the J.D. Edwards User Conference FOCUS 2001 where it was previewed and test-driven by customers and prospects.
- FOCUS 2001 Presenter for CSR Portal.
- Led a team of 12 software engineers and 4 quality engineers to deliver the first release of Engineer-to-Order manufacturing systems, which spanned functional areas within Procurement, Manufacturing, Sales Order, Inventory, Planning, Job Cost, Contract Billing, General Accounting and Project Scheduling based on PERT/CPM .