- 10 years of experience in Oracle development, Analysis and Design.
- Database administration and Web-based multitier application design.
- Certified by Oracle in advanced PL/SQL development and can work independently.
- 1.5 years of experience in Banking Domain (Investment Banking).
- 5 years experience in Insurance Domain.
- 3.5 years experience in Manufacturing Domain.
- Experience in Agile development methodology and Waterfall model too.
- Expert in Performance tuning and code optimization analyzing AWR/ADDM reports.
- Proficient in writing Oracle PL/SQL code including procedures, packages, triggers, etc.
- Experienced in using Oracle XML DB options to save and display data in XML formats.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting.
- Proficient in RDBMS Concepts and Database modeling (Erwin tool).
- Experience in all phases of SDLC, Business Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Application
- design, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance. User training, Documentation of activities,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Highly motivated with
- strong commitment towards quality, customer service and Integrity with the company.
- Interaction with business customers to understand the business case or problem area and
- Providing solutions.
- Process and DB design using Erwin and Rational Rose.
- DB batch job creations and maintenance using tools like AppWorx and Autosys.
Senior Oracle Consultant/Analyst
- Working as a Senior Oracle consultant and Designer.
- Following Agile Software development model.
- Designed and developed various business critical products like PFGx and Deal attribution.
- Handling business critical production and UAT issues.
- Database modeling for each and every new product or enhancement within Banker portal.
- Developed Stored packages and procedures containing Dynamic sql implementation,
- analytical functions and collections.
- Using Oracle Change data capture utility for capturing each and every change in a Database.
- Designing Procedures for Lucene search implementation in BP UI.
- Expertise in Analytical, Pipelined and Aggregation Oracle functions.
- Interaction with various external systems like SAP and Datamart.
- Performance tuning of DB objects before releasing it to Production, enabling SQL trace sessions.
- Maintaining all DB environments from Development to Production.
- Supporting Business customers in real time with their daily DB dumps requirements and other
- Co-ordination with global development team, QA and Release management team.
- Managing various security levels and respective privileges across BP applications.
Project Lead /Senior Analyst
- Worked as project lead and an oracle administrator, leading a team of PL/SQL developers.
- Designed and developed various business critical functionalities like Advance Booked to
- Financial policy conversion, Earnings, Exposure period earnings, Coverage provided.
- Developed Stored packages and procedures to calculate daily and monthly earnings of issued
- policies and used various Record types and REF Cursors. This functionality had replaced the
- system which used to take 32 days to process a policy.
- Created Balance and control functions to reconcile various Policy transaction amounts and to
- raise a flag to suspend processing.
- Designed De-normalized SUPERSET table to keep transaction key information ready for nightly
- Downstream batch processing which caters financial and revenue information to 55 downstream ystems.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation scripts which has saved 80% of customers time on doing it
- Performance tuned and optimized named queries for CLAIMS module which improved
- Created tables using the compress option to free-up data blocks, utilized the
- DBMS STATS.GATHER TABLE STATS procedure to gather statistics, created indexes, and
- analyzed those objects for data mart Applications like CMI.
- Also used XMLElement, XMLAttributes and XMLForest etc to generate XML data control
- files from Database.
- Coordination with Production DBA’s to get Prodcopies refreshed for development team.
- Taken necessary steps to improve performance of monthly and long running feeds by using
- UTL FILE package to extract data.
- Maintaining Pipeline Code between all 5 environments and 18 different schema users.
- Re-designed the PDR (Policy Data Retrieval) and NFB (Non Funded billing) services completely
- Efficiently in PLSQL packages, collections, Nested tables which was earlier implemented i
- Created DB links to communicate and access data from another traveler’s application called CSI.
- Handled responsibilities in user security granting and revoking privileges and roles.
- Maintaining OLTP database, batch-processing scripts, regression and smoke tests
- and UAT of the applications.
- Worked with Architects to redesign batch-processing mechanism for downstream feeds,
- which had allowed customers to issue policy anytime during the business day.
- Used database cloning to perform Weekly and monthly reporting activities to avoid bottlenecks
- during transaction processing.
- Created alert mechanism to send alert emails to application users in case of table space issues,
- missing financials or if any missing transactions from the superset and staging tables..
- Performed Optimization by analyzing execution plan using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF utilities.
- Debugging manually and via DBMS DEBUG package modules.
- Working with modelers to keep every DB environment in sync with various model changes
- across BI before every Production release.
- Recovered business critical data in various situations using Flashback recovery option of oracle.
- I have also contributed to the tasks like design and use case walk-through with client, Estimation
- And Requirement gathering, Code Reviews, Co-ordination between onsite and Offshore
Senior Oracle Developer/Analyst
- Analyzing business customer’s requirements and designing the logical and physical data models
- Accordingly, using Erwin.
- Designed relational database for EOS with 65 tables to accommodate all information required to
- Writing PL/SQL stored procedures and functions to Access source files into Oracle.
- Used Collection objects to store all engine parts and subparts into database.
- Used Oracle XML DB options for generating XML data from the database.
- Created ROW TO COL and COL TO ROW functionality.
- Developed additional packages, Cursors which consisted of functions and procedures to validate
- vendor, parts and subpart’s names, their types and price lists etc.
- Used SQL*Loader to load Quotes and configuration data files to staging tables.
- Executed Oracle advanced native dynamic SQL (NDS) while using collections such as
- associative arrays, Varrays, and nested tables.
- Used BULK COLLECT to optimize SQL statements for large tables.
- Created Materialized views to keep daily reporting information optimized.
- Generated various Statement level and Database level triggers to keep audit on various activities.
- Developed EOS procedures and objects, Ref cursors that interact with Java modules to display
- required information from Database.
- Mentored a team of 12 oracle developers to support various applications within COLS initiative.
Senior Oracle PLSQL Developer/Analyst
- Gathered requirements for the product.
- Used various DBMS packages Nested table concepts to display engine configuration details for
- managers, written Scripts to automate monitoring, data loading, tuning, and user auditing
- Designed the DB for the applications using ER-Studio.
- Created Oracle triggers and packages that included structured record types, table types, cursors
- to meet PLE business requirements.
- Performed technical and functional reviews to ensure all requirements were met with timely
- delivery of high quality products
- Developed some PL/SQL scripts, which will change the server data across all the components in
- Developed triggers and PL/SQL procedures for automation of jobs scheduling.
- Developed a tool 'Meta-Load' (to load bulk data) using PL/SQL.
- Quality assurance
- Prepared user manual and help document for the product using ROBO help.
- Trained the team on domain and technology used.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in
- production with utilities like Explain plan, Trace, TKprof.
- Prepared schema statistics, data preparation by import/export from external databases in Dev
- and Quality control databases
- AppWorx settings to automate daily DB jobs.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Developed various reporting procedures, which shows information using pagination.
- Designed complex table Structure, which can handle CLOB and BLOB, fields to keep any type of
- document attached by end users.
- Developed PL/SQL programs to compute earned commissions, measure sales Growth against goals,
- and check for missing information.
- Reviewed and optimized changes for procedures that handle comparison reports for various market
- trends and changes.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures and functions to efficiently perform complex business logic to
- summarize data.
- Implemented the extraction of data from Remote databases and developed the accompanying front-
- end application to produce margin and research analysis Reports.
- Used SQL*Loader, External tables to load user research files into Oracle database everyday.
- Developed a framework for extensible automated production support, in PL/SQL
- Maintained the system, wrote scripts in Oracle SQL to monitor batch processing to get early
- warnings incase of wrong data processing.
- Allocated system storage and planned future storage requirements for the database system
- Planned for backup and recovery of database information
- Managed primary database structures (table spaces) and primary objects (table, views, indexes)
- Exported the database and imported the same into development and test environment wheneve
- Created Database Users, Roles and managing Security. Implement effective database security
- Monitored and optimized the performance of the database
- Performed disaster recovery
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- I was part of design and development team to build packages, stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes
- r the new System.
- Triggers were defined for keeping track of user entries and Reports, Security Management for
- sensitive Information handled by creating various roles to grant access to various forms and pages of
- the application.
- Created a email functionality to trigger emails to calibration manager whenever tools needs
- Created Tables, Views, Constrains, Synonyms, Sequences.
- Created and used DB-Links to connect to other local & QA databases
- Built the QA environment for testing DS application and ensured that all the modules work as