- 10+ years of IT experience in Data Visualizations, Reporting, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling and Data Analysis for various clients across diverse domains
- 3+ years of experience in data visualizations/creation of dashboards using Tableau 7.0/8.0.
- Worked in various roles as a developer, analyst to create BI reports, dashboards and visualizations using Tableau
- Good knowledge of working with the R integration in Tableau
- Good knowledge of RDBMS concepts, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Core Java, Perl
- Excellent understanding of statistics and data analytics techniques using R package
- Well acquainted with HADOOP platform and its application in ETL testing
- A team leader with varied experience of handling teams ranging from 5-12 members
- Worked on most of the product life cycle stages like development, testing, support and maintenance
- Extensive experience in client interaction, on-site training and offshore team building
- Extensively involved in requirement gathering, analysis and proposed best possible solution by developing POC's
- 3 years experience in administration of CRM for Life Science and Chemical Analysis division of a Fortune 500, US multinational.
Area Tools BI Tools :Tableau 7.0/8.0+ Desktop, Tableau Server
Data Analysis: R package, SPSS, Advanced Excel
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MySQL, MS Access
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Hive
Application Development: Java, Visual Basic, C
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, Dia
Cloud Platform: Amazon EC2
Web Technologies: PHP, HTML, XML
CRM: SalesLogix 6.2 and 7
Scripting: Perl, Python, Shell Script
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux, Windows Server 2003/2008
Confidential Sunnyvale, CA
Role: Sr. Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Worked with end users to understand, elicit and analyze reporting requirements.
- Gather data from different data sources MySQL, Mongo DB, Google analytics, Teradata and flat files.
- Develop Tableau data extracts (tde files) from the above mentioned data sources using Pentaho Data Integration
- Define best practices for creating Tableau dashboards by matching requirements to the charts to be chosen, color patterns as per user’s needs, standardizing dashboard’s size, look and feel etc.
- Developed ad-hoc reports using Tableau Desktop and Advanced Excel
- Created Sets, Parameters, advance calculations, Calculated Fields and functions for customizing calculations like dynamic sorting, filtering, parameter driven analysis etc.
- Extensively used data blending capabilities within Tableau joining multiple sources for custom analysis.
Environment: Tableau 8.2, Pentaho Data Integration tool 5 .0, Teradata, MySQL, Mongo DB
Confidential Stamford, CT
Role: Sr. Software Engineer
- Requirement gathering, analysis and development of Tableau dashboards
- Designed and developed Tableau dashboards from scratch to support reporting and Business
- Intelligence initiatives
- Combined data from multiple data sources using Tableau desktop including Excel, SQL Server, Oracle
- Prepared dashboards using complex calculations, parameters in Tableau
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, filters, calculated fields, Sets , Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Defined best practices for the dashboard and visualizations using Tableau
- Extending support to clients for on-site installations
Environment: Tableau 8.0, Oracle, SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, Core Java, Flex,
Role: Tableau Developer
- Carry out feasibility study for the product on the Hadoop architecture.
- Installed Tableau Server
- Designing of dashboard for data health and diagnostics using Tableau
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts.
- Worked on scheduling extracts and distribution of dashboards
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
Environment: Tableau 8, Core Java, Java Servlets, Tomcat, HADOOP, MySQL, Amazon Redshift
Role: Tech Lead
- Developing data analysis pipeline using Perl and R package
- Designed and developed Tableau dashboards from scratch to support reporting.
- Used SQL scripts and aggregation functions and advanced charts for applications.
- Given training /demos to users on Tableau Desktop/Reader.
- Designing ETL schema complying with the project specifications.
- Implement the statistical analysis strategies for knowledgebase discovery.
- Development of Perl scripts used in ETL
- Creation of metadata for ETL by integrating and mapping data from various data repositories.
Environment: Tableau 7, MySQL 5.0, Apache, Perl, PHP, R package, Kettle, Dia
Role: Data Analyst
- Requirement gathering and analysis, functional/technical specifications, development, deployment, Testing and overall coordination of the team.
- Created schema of MAGE-OM classes in to tables according to the inheritance hierarchy.
- Study and analysis of community standards like MAGE-ML, MIAME, MAGE-OM and GO.
- analyzed and developed solution for data integration from LIMS(Laboratory Information Management System)
- Created various ad-hoc Dashboards/Reports for day-to-day requirements making use of different views.
- Created stored procedures and functions in Oracle 10g to retrieve the data required to generate reports.
- Configuring Relational to Object mapping Java libraries and their integration into presentation layer.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Windows XP/Server 2003, Java 1.6, Perl
Role: DW Admin
- Installed, configured and customized the system for internal use.
- User maintenance.
- Porting of in-house data into BioMart for creation of customized DataMart
- Query optimization and tuning for performance enhancement.
- Writing data pipelines using Perl APIs for customized data import and export
Environment: BioMart 0.7, Perl 5.6, Oracle 10g, MySQL 5.1, Fedora 11
Role: Module Lead
- Act as delivery-in-charge for all deliverables. The deliverables included small work packets like developing plug-ins, writing technical articles, online tutorials etc.
- Handle all issues from product users on case to case basis.
- Act as first point of contact for all product managers at client side.
- Project Tracking and reporting using different measurement matrices.
- Perform risk analysis for project on regular intervals.
- Effort estimation, distribution and tracking of different tasks/work packets
- Create and send reports to clients at regular intervals based on the SLA parameters.
- Propose enhancements in the products to the client.
- Create a knowledgebase system and upgrade it on continuous basis.
- Conduct on-site/off-shore product trainings for clients.
- To provide support to the in-house development and QA teams
Environment :Java 1.5, Oracle 9i/10g, Java, XML, Perl, R Package, MS SQL Server 2000, Robo Help, Agilent Gene Spring GX, Agilent DNA Analytics, Agilent eArray, Agilent FE, Agilent Synapsis
Role: CRM Administration
- Involved in interacting with the end user for requirement gathering and implementing new forms in the CRM.
- Synching of data from local data centers to global data center and ensuring it's integrity.
- Played key role in migrating CRM Systems from 6.2 version ( windows based) to 7.1 ( web version)
- Created sales reports to compare current cycle and previous cycle sales.
- Developed and executed test cases during the migration process.
- Created stored procedures in SQL Server 2000 to retrieve the data required to generate reports.
- Wrote scripts for porting of data from legacy systems.