Many years experiences as Oracle 10g/11g Database Administrator in fast growing environment. Areas of expertise includes Data Modeling, Capacity Planning, database Infrastructure support, RMAN Backup and recovery, disaster recovery plans, monitoring and performance tuning, RAC, OEM/grid control, partitioning, data guard, ASM, RDBMS. Proven experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, and performance tuning of Oracle instances on Oracle 10g/11g. Partnered with application teams in defining data requirements, building logical and physical data models, defining requirements for physical implementation of the models. Familiar with OLAP data warehouse designs and concepts Strong communication and analytical skills
US Citizenship; Public Trust Security clearance; Clearable
Professional Certification OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) 10g/11g DBA
Oracle: (9i,10g,11g, LDAP, Enterprise Manager, PL/SQL, SQL, Real Application Clusters RAC, RMAN, Grid Control, Streams, Data Guard, SQL*Loader, SQL Server, OEM, SQL Developer, ETL (Extract, transform, load), ERD (entity relationship diagram) Tools: Toad, Erwin, VISIO, Oracle Application Framework, NET/C# environments, Crystal Report, Veritas Netbackup Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, MS Visual, Java/J2EE, HTML, XML, Unix Shell Scripts and Perl, OO programming, C++, OO programming, DB2, HTML, XML OS: Unix (Solaris SPARC, HP-UX), Linux
Confidential - Systems Integration Organization Herndon, VA 2010 - Present ( U.S. Census Bureau, Department of Commerce )
- Provided Oracle11g database administration support, logically and physically design, implemented and support 100+ databases for US Census Bureau Information Technology. Planning, testing, configuration and execution of installations, upgrades and migrations.
- Installation of database software upgrades, monitored of database backups, standardization and implementation of databases to improve the management of production and test environments
- Applying critical and interim oracle patches to both 10g and 11g databases
- Developed and administered all database objects, including data dictionary, clusters, instances, DDL, tables, indexes, tuning, partition management, security and roles, triggers, packages, views and stored procedures in PL/SQL.
- Preformed ETL (extraction, transformation, and loading) process, developed data pump ( import/export) using SQL Loading
- Designed database schema, object model and performed schema optimization and replication.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA 2000 - 2009 Oracle DBA/Software Engineer
- Analyzed, designed and developed Oracle database back-end programming for Ordering and Billing applications using complex functions, triggers, store procedures and packages.
- Developed logical and physical data modeling in support of billing applications and facilitated working sessions to obtain input from technical specialists, customers, end users, technical architect, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure for the application.
- Designed and implemented one-bill payment method infrastructure. One-bill combining all home services and wireless charges into one monthly statement, it increased revenue 15% per year.
- Provided Oracle 10g/11g Database administration support, logically and physically developed, implemented Oracle database of Ordering and Billing systems which increased productivity by 20%.
- Implemented initiative for change rates and product regulation in billing systems. This initiative generated revenues by approximately $5.5 million per year on specific products
- Functionally test applications and databases to ensure data integrity, security and performance
- Analyzed requirements and designed ER data models with ERwin.
- Monitored database events and proactively optimized system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, data dictionary and other methods
Confidential, Washington, D.C. 1995 - 2000 Senior Programmer Analyst/ Database Engineer
- Designed, coded and implemented Material Purchase application and Inventory application. Developed software design requirements, test plans and user guides.
- Developed and designed logical and physical Models. Responsible for maintaining database triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages.
Education M.S. Information and Computer Sciences B.S., Computer Sciences