Currently, I am working as Senior DBA for the IT department of the Hellenic Telecommunications Organization, member of the Deutsche Telekom Company, located in Athens, Greece.
The major skills I have developed through my current position are:
- Oracle Database Administration (8i 11g)
- Linux (SuSE, RedHat, RedHat Cluster) System Administration.
- Oracle, Weblogic, Jboss, Tomcat Application Server Administration.
- VMware vSphere Administrator (starting to learn moving part of our physical servers to virtual machines)
During the last 7 years that I work as an Oracle DBA, I have participated in:
- Plan, install and administer all Linux servers, in our IT. Install and administer Oracle databases and application servers.
- Disaster recovery site creation/maintenance (Linux systems, Oracle Databases)
- Datacenter relocation (Linux systems, Oracle DBs, application servers)
- Oracle database restore/recover with RMAN and VERITAS, RAC 11g on Oracle Linux installation, Oracle GRID implementation on UNIX/Linux/Windows servers.
- All major system (Linux) admin tasks including backup and recovery, troubleshooting, performance tuning, external storage (LVM) allocation.
- On the job training for new team employees.
Senior Database Administrator Confidential,IT department, April 2004 today).
- Oracle Database Administrator (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, RAC 10g/11g).
- Linux (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server - Red Hat Advanced Server) System Administrator.
- Oracle Application Server (SOA Suite, Forms/Reports, WebCache, WebLogic server) and Oracle Grid Administrator.
- (d) Ericsson Multi Mediation 5.0 Administrator (Veritas Cluster 4.1, Oracle 10g, MM5).
- (e) AIX (5.3), Infoprint Manager (4.2) and InfoPrint ProcessDirector System Admin.
- (f) Implementation of the Sarbanes Oxleyguidelines on Oracle databasesand Linux servers.
- (g) Project consultant on the following projects: Network Inventory and Service Activation, Mediation.
- (h) Coordination and team’s members training.
Network management systems (NMS) support engineer Confidential,December 2000 April 2004
- Operation Support System (OSS) administrator.
- UNIX administration (Solaris 8), database administration (Sybase 12) and application administration (OSS R9.1) were the three main responsibilities of the above role. Customization of OSS for the service of Company requests (UNIX scripts, backup and security policies, GSM specific customizations, web interfaces implementation and configuration, auditing mechanisms).
- Business Objects server administrator (Windows NT 4.0, BO server 5.1.2).
- Citrix Metaframe server (ver 1.1) administrator.
- Telecommunications Management Information Platform (TeMIP) administrator.
- UNIX (Digital V4.0F) and application administration (TeMIP V4.0) were the main responsibilities of the above role.
- AcceSS7 system administrator (Unix HP-UX 11.0).
- Java Downloads system administrator (Solaris 8, Veritas volume manager 3.2, Sun cluster 3.0, Oracle 9i RAC).
- Mobile Instant Messaging system administrator (Solaris 8, Veritas volume manager 3.2, Veritas cluster 2.0, Oracle 9i).
- Participation in Vodafone Greece acceptance team, for the acceptance tests regarding the installation of Ericsson OSS in Vodafone Albania.
PC technician Confidential,May 1999 November 2000
(a) Maintained full responsibility for the technical support of all Vodafone shops (Formerly known as e-motion string)
- (b) Technical support for: Eurobank, Bank of Macedonia - Thraki, Carrefour.
- (c) Phone support service for independent customers: CompuHelp 090, Software: Microsoft (Windows 95/98/NT/2000, BackOffice 5.5, Office Prof 97/2000) and hardware: Hewlett Packard - Compaq (Workstations, servers, laptops, printers, and scanners).
System & network administrator in Windows NT 3.51 environment (Client - Server applications support). System & database administrator in SCO UNIX Oracle environment. Both aforementioned activities were part of my on-the-job training (TEI of Athens Department of Informatics - 1996).
Served in the army as an officer Confidential, 1997 1999
- Graduate of the Department of Informatics of the Technological Educational Institution of Athens (1992 - 1996). Title of Degree: Informatics Engineer of Technological Education.
- First Certificate In English (University of Cambridge - Grade C - 1990).
- Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL - Grade 583 - 1994).
Oracle Enterprise Linux Certified Implementation Specialist (Oct 2011)
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure and Manage (Hewlett Packard March 2011, Athens)
- Oracle Database 11g - New features for administrators (Oracle Hellas 2009, Athens).
- Oracle Database 10g Performance Tuning (Oracle Hellas 2008, Athens).
- ITIL Foundation for IT Service Management (Hewlett Packard May 2007, Athens).
- SuSE Linux Administration I (Hewlett Packard March 2007, Athens) .
- Multi Mediation 5.0 Processing & Configuration (Ericsson November 2006, Athens).
- Multi Mediation 5.0 Surveillance (Ericsson November 2006, Athens).
- Oracle Database 10g New features for administrators (Oracle Hellas September 2006, Athens).
- CITRIX Presentation Server 4.0 Administration (New Horizons February 2006, Athens).
- Oracle Application Server 10g Administration I (Oracle Hellas December 2005, Athens).
- Oracle9i: Real Application Clusters (Oracle Hellas August 2005, Athens).
- Oracle9i: Performance Tuning (Oracle Hellas March 2004, Athens).
- Business English Course Advance II Level (Benefit October 2003 January 2004, Athens).
- Oracle9i: Program with PL/SQL (Oracle Hellas January 2004, Athens).
- CNOSS System Administration (Ericsson December 2003, Athens).
- Radio Commander UMR 2.0 Operation and Administration Courses (Siemens October 2003, Athens).
- Oracle9i: DBA Fundamentals II (Oracle Hellas May 2003, Athens).
- Oracle9i: DBA Fundamentals I (Oracle Hellas April 2003, Athens).
- Sun Cluster 3.0 Administration (New Horizons March 2003, Athens).
- Business English Course Advance I Level (Benefit April 2003 July 2003, Athens).
- Veritas File System, Volume Manager & Veritas Cluster Workshop (New Horizons February 2003, Athens).
- Business English Course Upper Intermediate Level (Benefit December 2002 - March 2003, Athens).
- Sybase Administration (Pouliadis & Associates July 2002, Athens).
- Business Objects Designer & Supervisor Workshop (Relational Technology June 2002, Athens).
- Telecommunications Management Information Platform (TeMIP V4.0) Administration (Cap Gemini Ernst & Young April 2002, Nice, France).
- Network Statistics (NWS) On Site Workshop (Ericsson November 2001, Athens).
- GSM Operations Support System (OSS) R8.1 System Administration (Ericsson April - May 2001, Molndal, Sweden).
- Hands - On with MC Service Guard (Hewlett Packard February 2001, Athens).
- HP System & Network Administration Part 1 (Hewlett Packard January 2001, Athens).
- Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 (Itec June 2000, Athens).
- Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows 2000 File, Print and Web Server (Itec March 2000, Athens).
- Networking Essentials (American Computers & Engineers June 1999, Athens).
- Thesis with subject: Study and implementation of the Booch Object Oriented method and comparison with other structured methods of developing information systems. Use of the Rational Rose 2.7 CASE tool, for the development of a support information system for international athletic meetings. (George Koutsos - 1996).
- Team work with subject: Cipherment, decipherment and cryptanalysis of text files using Visual Basic 4.0 (Margaritis Nikellis, George Koutsos, Baggelis Loupelis - 1995).
- Team work with subject: Study and comparison of the DOS UNIX operating systems (George Koutsos, Margaritis Nikellis - 1994).
Sports (basketball, jogging), fishing, reading, cinema.