- Over 6 years’ experience as an Oracle Database Administrator on Oracle 12c, 11g, and 10g versions for development, production support, installation, configuration and patches
- Utilize enhanced features in 12c such as: Real Application Testing (RAT), Invisible columns and DDL Logging
- Performed Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration, troubleshooting Golden Gate issues
- Extensive experience with implementation of Oracle Advance security Wallet Manager
- Created design and implementation of backup and recovery including disaster recovery structures
- Performed system administrator activities; Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager ( RPM ) on various servers
- Performed database upgrades, migrations, backup, restore and recovery, performance tuning, cloning, space management and security management
- Performance Tuning of test and production database, monitoring system. Tuning and diagnosing of database performance by query Optimization and trace facility Monitoring users, free spaces, table spaces and indexes
- Engaged in system Monitoring and Database Performance Tuning using Explain plan, SQL Trace, Statspack, TKPROF, AWR, ADDM and ASH
- Proficient in working with Data Guard for production system in case of disaster recovery, maintained primary and standby databases, Data Guard Broker
- Proficient in maintenance of Production, Testing, Development, RAC, Standby databases/ Data guard for OLTP and DATAWAREHOUSE environments
- Performed Data Archiving whenever required for moving data to a separate storage device
- Completed installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) grid control for Performance, Administration and Maintenance of Databases and deployed agents on various targets
- Expertise in Migration and Upgrade of Oracle databases
- Experienced in applying patches including Patch sets and CPU/PSU, One - Off patches on Standalone, RAC and Standby Databases using Universal Installer and OPatch Utility
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Oracle cluster ware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in RAC environment
- Configured and administered replication using Oracle Golden Gate technology.
- Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (with Export/Import)
- Manage Backup and Recovery Program for all Oracle Databases. Install, implement and configure RMAN
- Experience with Tuning Tools like Oracle Enterprise Managers (OEMs), SQL analyzer, top session, top SQL, Performance Manager, etc., Statspack, TOAD. For SQL tuning using Explain plan, TKPROF, SQL TRACE, 10046 event, Optimizer modes, using Optimizer hints, Gathering statistics, using statspack, AWR, ADDM ASH reports etc.
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x., Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x., Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle, 10g, 11g, 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN ClientDatabase Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Data Pump, Export, Import
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Setting up Golden Gate replication to heterogeneous environments for OS and Databases.
- Capture, analyze and replay database transactions by using RAT.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11gR2 on Linux and also Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g to 12c.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Extensively implemented Data pump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Loaded data using EXTRACT and REPLICAT process in Oracle Golden Gate tool.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, patching of Oracle RDBMS and applications Work on different versions of Databases with OEM Grid control to maintain the database effectively.
- Configured different levels of replication such as DDL replication, DML replication for table level, schema level, database level using Golden Gate.
- Implemented classic Golden gate replication as well as integrated replication. Implementing and maintaining database security (create and maintain users, roles and assign privileges)
- Query optimization, PL/SQL Performance Tuning using Oracle Cost based Optimization techniques, Explain Plan, Trace, Hints and Tkprof. SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Monitored the Applications and database using OEM.
- Document and communicate changes to the OLTP, OLAP systems and data warehouse teams, including Data Modeling, ETL and Database teams.
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) in RAC for Performance Tuning.
- Built 4 node RAC 11gR2 Standby database and set up DG Broke Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning oracle contention and monitored production database using Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and Automatic Session History (ASH).
- Proficient in PL/SQL, SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting (Implemented UNIX Scripts using CRONJOB for
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Index creation and management for optimization of DB Processes
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
- Highly experienced in Oracle 11g, 10g Automatic Storage Management (ASM) required to fulfill the storage needs.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10g RAC servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Supported & maintained the Production/Development databases on various servers
- Extensively worked on setting up auditing in many databases we supported
- Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, and Constraints.
- Effectively made use of Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views & Query Re-Write.
- Supported functional data warehouse projects.
- Worked with database export & import scripts to backup database structures and automation procedures.
- Identify SQL execution plan changes and performance regressions through SQL Performance Analyzer with RAT.
- Day-to-Day activities and Windows Task Scheduler)
- Supported Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication
- Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
Skills Used: Windows, RHEL, Oracle 12c, 11g, Oracle RAC (11g), Data Guard, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Plus.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 184.108.40.206, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Have set up the cronjobs for run alert, space watch monitoring, RMAN backup (level 0 and level 1) and recovery, archive log purge, deletion of archive logs and AWR reports on AIX-5.3.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Database, applications and queries.
- Conduct Pre-patch analysis for different types of patches as requested by customer.
- Set up boxes and install required software and prepare operation guides for the same.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10gGrid Control.
- Work closely with application teams in troubleshooting issues, support root cause analysis and resolve issues.
- Frequently tested and updated development databases to production as well as used database cloning.
- Applying Patches 220.127.116.11 and applying Oracle DST Patches on Oracle database.
- Golden Gate Heterogenous replication using Log miner utility.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Database Replication issues using Golden Gate dealt with conflict resolution and performance issues.
- Monitor and maintain security by managing roles/privileges for users of the databases.
- Apply the PSU patches and RMAN patches to the binaries as well as to the databases.
- Cloned/Refreshed Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications for development and testing.
- Actively involved in security administration adopting the principle of least privilege, managing default user accounts, implemented standard password security features, auditing database activity, and registering & applying security updates and Advanced Oracle security.
- Used normal import and export and also data pump import and export for exporting and importing schemas, tables etc from one database to another.
- Performance Tuning for Optimized results using Explain-Plan, SQL-Trace, STATS PACK Reports and AWR Reports.
- Extensively worked with dba jobs, dba scheduler jobs, functions, procedures and packages.
- Responsible for tuning the database performance issues like query tuning and memory tuning (SGA tuning) and also partitioned the tables and indexes for better performance.
- Have used different tools like TOAD (10.1), EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM Oracle enterprise manager (GRID CONTROL)
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- Configure Oracle Advanced Security on 12c databases to implement Transparent Data Encryption at tablespace, table and column levels. Also configured Redaction using OEM's Policy expression builder.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Skills Used: Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c.IBM AIX V6.1, RHEL 5.2,RAC, ASM,RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL*Loader.