- More than ten years of experiences in Information Technology field with extensive knowledge of database management (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL) in high - end enterprise environments across multiple industries, self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- More than ten years experiences in Unix-like system administration (including Solaris / IBM AIX / HP-UX / Linux / BSD). Proficient in developing management scripts by using Korn/Bash Shell and Perl.
- Eight years solid hands-on experiences and outstanding troubleshooting skills to Setup / Configure / Monitor / Maintain Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC / ASM / Data Guard environments.
- Four years first-hand administrative experiences in Oracle Exadata database machine (include X2/X3/X4/X5 full rack) administration, migration, health check, resource management, patching/upgrade and SQL tuning.
- First hands-on skills about Exadata hardware architecture including Storage, Grid and Infiniband. Deep understanding of key Exadata features including HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression), Smart Scan, Smart Flash Cache, Storage Index and Storage Management.
- More than seven years experiences and solid hands-on experiences in Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting Oracle GoldenGate in Oracle to Oracle homogeneous environments and heterogeneous environments (including Oracle to Oracle and MS SQL Server to Oracle).
- 8+ years’ experience in huge size Oracle data warehouse (more than 30TB) solutions and ETL architecture, development, maintenance, production support, data modeling, reporting fields. Extensive knowledge and experiences on various ETL, reporting, and database development tools such as Informatica, Erwin and Power Design.
- Proficient in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup, RMAN backup with/without catalog, cold and hot backup, full / incremental backup.
- More than 10 years experiences in PL/SQL, Procedure, Functions, Triggers, Packages development in applications such as Financial, Telecom fields.
- Highly skilled in SQL and PL/SQL Tuning, TKProf, Explain Plan. Expertise in monitoring and performance tuning of Oracle database through tuning application, memory and disk by using Statspack/AWR/ADDM/SQL Advisor.
- Excellent English writing, verbal and communication skills. Strong team player and be able to work alone. Highly self-motivated and able to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
Hardware / Server: Oracle X2/X3/X4/X5 full rack Exadata machine, IBM PowerPC, X64 boxOperating System Oracle / Redhat Linux, IBM AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting(Bash/Korn) and Perl, C/C++, Java, C#
RDBMS: Oracle 9i to 12c(RAC/ASM), MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2014. MySQL and PostgreSQL
Data Replication: Oracle GoldenGate 11gR2, 12c
Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Quest Toad/Spotlight, ERWin, Tivoli, RMAN,Kettle Logminer, TKPROF, AWR/ADDM, OEM 12cBig Data: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Performing CORE DBA tasks such as Database Administration on Oracle 10g/11g/12c environments, performance tuning, Schema creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting;
- Build, monitor and continuously develop a high performance database infrastructure, Performance load testing and tuning application, SQL code, and database instance by using a wide range of technologies including ADDM, AWR, ASH, Statspack, OEM Performance Manager and home-cooked scripts by using Korn shell/Perl;
- Architecting, planning, designing, developing, deploying and supporting Oracle 10g/11g /12c RAC/ASM and Active DataGuard environment;
- Installing & configuring Oracle 10g/11g/12c clusterware & Database Software (Troubleshooting using cluvfy & handling common issues that arise during integration of the whole - bugs, network issues, configuration files issues, OCR issue, deinstallation & cleanup of clusterware);
- Working with customer for different RAC related issue: hangcheck timer, split brain, RAC recovery, ASM, OCR corruptions, Voting disk loss & so on. Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events);
- Timely resolution of system issues/problems while meeting/exceeding business SLAs.
- Work closely with the application development team in advancing their strategic initiatives.
- Manage key application development clients, working on major projects and daily production support activities.
- Work closely with internal IT partners on infrastructure strategies, operational readiness, engineering standards and designs.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned projects, ensuring successful delivery against project timelines.
- Maintaining Oracle SQL and PL/SQL scripts, Unix Shell Scripts, debugging and tuning;
Sr. Exadata DBA / Oracle Goldengate Specialist
- Oracle Core DBA work on ODS and EDW implementation using Oracle 11gR2 and 12c. Implementation of Backup & Recover, Disaster Recovery(using Physical DataGuard) and cloning of 60TB+ database.
- Setup and configuration of ASM on multiple instances. Setup TDE for data encryption. Setup of OVD to support single sign-on. Migration of EDW database from 11g running on AIX to Oracle Full Rack X5 Exadata platform.
- Participated in the full life-cycle development process from definition and design to production delivery.
- Participated in implementation of new Core Business System for Cosco. Wrote custom PL/SQL script to move data from old systems running on Oracle 9i on AIX to Exadata.
- Supported multiple phases of the project for both backup and recovery and other core database responsibilities.
- Setup High Availability Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments between front-end IBM p770/AIX 6.1 to back-end Oracle Exadata X5 Full Rack.
- Troubleshooting typical OGG technical problems such as unique key violation / long transaction abending by using GGSCI / Logdump / discard file analysis etc.
- Performance Tuning OGG in extremely high data volume environments. Installing and configuring OGG heterogeneous environments (from MS SQL Server to Oracle Exadata).
- Monitor and fully analyze performance issues in production Oracle databases by using AWR/ADDM/OEM 12c
- Upgrade Oracle GoldenGate from 11gR2 to 12c. Implement OGG 12c new features in mission-critical production environments.
- Duplicate all the non-production databases on Exadata server according the Data Warehouse development project's requirement. Help to compress large volume partition table by using Oracle HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression) techniques.
- Trained other DBA's on the team in Back/Recovery, Oracle GoldenGate, Performance Tuning and general Database Administration tasks.
- Primary technical resources in SQL tuning in Exadata Production and Performance Testing environments by using statistics, hints, SQL tuning set etc.
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Exadata storage servers in the Database machine including routine health check, patching and upgrades according to the suggestions from Oracle support department.
- Integration of Exadata monitoring into our existing IT monitoring framework. Provide and implement performance and tuning recommendations of all components in the Exadata machines.
- Develop and record certified processes/procedures for all potential IT downstream support group to maintain and upgrade the Exadata servers.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects. Assisted in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports for more than 30 mission critical OLTP (RAC and non RAC) production databases on Linux and AIX platforms covering all six major markets across the united states and several huge data warehouse systems with data sizes of 20-30 TB including one full rack Exdata. Database versions are ranging from 9i,10g and the most recent version 11gR2.
- Leaded performance tuning tasks in both OLTP and WAREHOUSE environments. Experience in tuning heavy online transaction systems (with Tuxedo app server ) and batch jobs in downstream warehouse databases ( with INFORMATICA and other ETL tools for data loading, SAS and SAP for data analysis reporting ). SQL tuning expert for both environments.
- Responsible for enterprise backup strategies, including: VERITAS netbackup: RMAN hot/cold, full database /archive for all systems ( RAC and NON RAC), BCV split / snapshot ( cold and hot).
- Scripting for RMAN backup and local monitoring ( including tablespace usage, filesystem and ASM usage, instances and services health, alert log ).
- GoldenGate replication (One-way and DML) is heavily used sync data from upstream OLTP system to downstream.
- Joined Exadata training and support Exadata data warehouse for more than one year. Leaded some performance tuning tasks about Exadatalong query jobs. Patch bundle patches provided by oracle.
- In charge of mission critical RAC production databases. Experience in configuration of ASM as the share storage management in our RAC environment and familiarity with storage system architecture including EMC SAN with disk array management RAID 1+0 and its migration to ASM.
- Part of the Data Architecture team which supports development, test and production databases.
- Daily development / testing environment baseline backup and restore, develop and maintain administration scripts by using Perl/Korn shell.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 11g Real Application Cluster (RAC) / ASM on Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.x boxes.
- Application DBA leader for a large number of tuning projects. Working with third party developers on SQL code review and quality control. Performance load testing and tuning application, SQL code, and database instance by using a wide range of technologies including ADDM, AWR, ASH, OEM Performance Manager and home-cooked scripts by using Korn shell/Perl.
- Worked on RMAN duplication, Cross-platform Transportable Tablespace.
- Implementation and support of 9i and 10g migrations and upgraded from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g databases, including RAC (Real Application Clusters) databases on IBM AIX and Linux.
- Performed oracle Software’s Installations, Creation of new standalone and clustered databases.
- Administering and setting up of 10g RAC and clusterware and instances.
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Partitioned tables Maintenance, adding new partitions, exchanging one year old partitions then archiving of the exchanged partitions, dropping or truncating of old portions.
- Developed RMAN Backup strategies for cloning the test databases with the production environment and worked on RMAN active-active duplication.
- Supported development teams for all the database related issues and handled the critical issues like network failures and ASM DISK group errors and node failures in the RAC cluster.
- Generated Statspack/AWR reports using
- OEM from Oracle 10g database and analyzed the reports for Oracle wait events, time consuming SQL queries, tablespace and database growth.
- Used Explain Plan, Oracle hints and creation of new indexes to improve the performance of SQL statements. Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to Application jobs, time/CPU consuming queries
- Supported development teams for moving changes to different development, test levels and prepared documentations to move changes to the live production environment.
- 24/7 on-call support for the production environment.
Oracle Developer and Jr. Oracle DBA
- Involved in Business Requirements, System analysis and Design of the Data warehouse application. Assisted in gathering requirements by performing system analysis of the requirements with the technology teams.
- Data Analysis primarily Identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Meta Data, Data Definitions and Data Formats. Designed Physical and Logical Data model and Data flow diagrams and Designed database Relational and Dimensional models using ERwin
- Designed/Developed/Modified database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Materialized Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Worked on various tables to create indexes to improve query performance. Also worked on partitioning large Tables using Range/List/Hash Partitioning, creating Index Organized Table (IOT), Cluster Tables.
- Perl Scripting, Unix Shell Scripting and PL/SQL programming to resolve business problems of various nature
- Tuned database SQL statements and procedures by monitoring run times and system statistics. Inserted hints and rewrote code as required.
- Converted Oracle ETL Packages to Informatica Mappings and created workflows/Sessions.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using various Transformations and PL/SQL Packages to extract, transformation and loading of data.
- Filtered and Loaded data from different formats of data sources into Database Tables.
- Extracted required data from the database tables and exported the data to different sources in different formats.
- Created new Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Materialized Views, Packages, Simple, Ref & Traditional Cursors, Dynamic SQL, Table functions as part of Project/Application requirements
- Experience in Generating Reports with Oracle Forms& Report tools.
- Used hash/nested loop/merge joins, indexes effectively in where clauses for Query optimization.