- Oracle Database Administrator with over 4 years database administration experience, over 1 year Cloud experience and over 5 years general IT experience.
- General IT experience covers areas in Cloud computing, Business Analysis, SharePoint Administration, Unix/Linux OS, Oracle backup and Recovery (RMAN, open and closed backups), datapumps, Performance Tuning and database cloning.
- Proficient with virtualization Software like Virtual Box.
- Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g, Amazon AWS(EC2, RDS), MySQL, MS Azure, Oracle RAC 12c, NoSQL
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office Suite, PL SQL, Toad, DB Visualizer, SharePoint(2007, 2010, 2013), JIRA,HP ALM, InfoPath, Access, Enterprise Architect, C++, AutoCAD, Inventor, Minitab, JMP, SPSS, Arena, Visual Studio, Statistics, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Project Management, Process Improvement, SAP
Confidential, Springdale, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Creating oracle databases on the AWS EC2 and RDS cloud instances.
- Migrating Schemas and Applications to the AWS EC2 and RDS cloud instances by datapumps jobs
- Tracking run time on all databases on the Amazon EC2 cloud instances for efficiency
- Administering a 400 GB development environment with a two-node RAC hosting Oracle 11g (18.104.22.168) on a Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6) operating system with Tomcat servers as the application servers.
- Administering a 100GB DEV environment with single instance Oracle database servers on oracle 12c(22.214.171.124)
- Migrating Schemas and Applications from different servers by Networking, exports and Imports
- Creating and Administering MySQL and Oracle databases on a RHEL Linux environment
- Performing MySQL and Oracle database backups, copying and recoveries
- Tuning MySQL and Oracle databases for overall optimal functionalities.
- Creating Schema objects for all production and development databases as needed for system support.
- Generating reports on projects and system performance using SQL query language
- Performing RMAN and user-managed (Hot and Cold) backup on issues that could crash databases
- Registering databases and listeners to OEM Cloud control 12C
- Monitoring oracle databases on the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12C
- Performing upgrades of all databases from Oracle 11G to 12C
- Performing upgrades by application of quarterly patches.
- 24 - hour on call rotations as needed for system performance and production support
- Creating, administering, Installing, and deploying of Oracle database instances (11.2.3, 126.96.36.199) on a Red Hat Linux environment (RHEL 6)
- Granting privileges to new and existing database users.
- Creating non-default listeners for all databases.
- Performing database restore point flash backs.
- Capacity planning on production databases and filesystems ( Tablespace administration)
- Performing scheduled incremental level 0 and level 1 backups of all production and development database instances
- Shell Scripting and scheduling using Crontab and PL-SQL optimization
- Gathering and Eliciting requirements using interviews for the development of a sales application
- Updating Sprint documents by the application change management.
- Tracking project status and sprint status for application development using JIRA
- Conducting JAD sessions within an Agile Environment for the implementation and review of application codes
- Developing test cases to test for optimal application performance
- Provided Oracle database support to various user groups (developers, data analysts)
- Assisted in the management of a 500GB sized production database environment.
- Worked on an oracle 11g database environment hosting Tomcat/Weblogic applications
- Analyzed and tuned SQL codes needed for database queries.
- Created and maintained Oracle database objects (schemas, indexes, tables)
- Applied RMAN for recovering and restoring control and data files.
- Migrated databases within the same downtime window.
- Developed shell scripts to automate and perform backup and recovery tasks on Oracle Databases using RMAN, hot and cold backups.
- Created and Validated team SharePoint sites that optimized team processes, housed procedures and documents
- Archived and tracked requirement document changes using HP-ALM to aid SharePoint development
- Monitored and validated Wealth Management Client’s Stock Activities for the firm using SQL to query databases
- Researched and Analyzed techniques to drive efficiency towards Portfolio Loan accounts
- Applied engineering Forecasting techniques in predicting when clients expected to approach margin calls
- Trained Analyst in the application of SharePoint to various operational processes
- Received STAR award for being an outstanding employee within Wealth Management
Confidential,Chicago, ILManagement Information Systems (IT) Analyst
- Created and designed SharePoint sites that showed relevant Departmental information
- Created Process flowcharts for operations that are being used within the symphony environment
- Developed a SharePoint site that showed present and upcoming projects within Global Information Systems.
- Made a successful Poster Presentation to IT Management outlining the SharePoint Site success to the teams
- Tested the User friendliness and observed user interface between users and the TI-89
- Analyzed gestures and body language made by users
- Created an algorithm that helped the software easily detect the gestures made by users
Human Factors and Ergonomics Volunteer Research
- Researched on understanding the interactions of human and other elements of a system
- Recorded and performed statistical analyses on over 200 data to optimize human well-being and system performance