- Over 8 years of IT experience as Oracle Database Administrator, providing 24/7 support of both development and production environments 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i databases on various operating system platforms.
- Excellent experience in Oracle database (8i/ 9i / 10g / 11g / 12c) administration and hands - on experiences in high-end enterprise environments (database size from 100 GB to 40 TB).
- Hands-on experience in setting up environments like Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting of Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g in UNIX/LINUX and windows environment.
- Experience on HP-UX and windows with Oracle 8i Parallel server and Oracle 9i RAC.
- Expertise in Oracle GoldenGate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues.
- Experience in using GoldenGate in moving large volumes of transactional data, with minimal impact to online systems.
- Experience in bi-directional and broadcast replication from source to target databases using Golden Gate 9.5 and Golden Gate 10.0.
- Expertise in supporting replication with snapshots, Materialized views and Streams.
- Good knowledge on Oracle Streams, DataGuard physical standby databases, managing of partitions and clustering of tables.
- Experience in recovering Golden Gate corruptions and managing cluster maintenance mode blackouts.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration of Oracle RAC, developed 2 node RAC environments for a 1TB database.
- Experience in upgradation of databases 10g R2 to 11g, 10g R1 to 10g R2, 9i to 10g R1.
- Installed Oracle Clusterware to provide infrastructure for RAC and configured 2 node Oracle 11g RAC with EMC.
- Planned and implemented DR and high availability solutions using OEL 10g Standby database using Oracle Data Guard, 11g and 10g RAC.
- Designed and implemented Oracle RAC on Solaris for an OLTP application with Transaction Application Failover and High transaction volume.
- Excellent experience in OLTP database systems, implementing and maintaining large Oracle databases.
- Experience in Migration of Databases from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Performed DB patching, Cloning, DB installation, troubleshoot issues/errors, collaborate with Oracle support for bugs and issues resolutions and personal research.
- Experience in Performance Tuning (I/O, Memory & SQL Tuning etc.) using Explain Plan and used Hints extensively to optimize the SQL statements, used cost based approach extensively and also used rule based methods to tune the SQL.
- Experience with oracle 10g features, Flash-Back recovery/ Data Pump / ASM / ASH / AWR / ADDM / Grid Monitoring / Oracle Enterprise Manager/ Automatic undo management and Recycle Bin.
- Expertise in maintain Database Security using auditing.
- Expert in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup (cold and hot backup), RMAN backup with/without catalog, full / incremental backup, cumulative backup disaster recovery, operating system backup.
- Implemented RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Data Guard.
- Tested and implemented different physical (hot/cold) and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import.
- Performed Export/Import through Data Pump, worked with data pump to take the logical backups of databases.
- Experience in using OEM, TOAD, and Data Migrations using export/ import, benchmarking using Load testing tools.
- Extensively used BMC Remedy, Pac 2000, Citrix ticketing systems.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, UNIX shell scripting, partitioning, Indexes, Logical and Physical database design.
- Installed and configured MySQL on Linux and Windows environments.
- Managing/Troubleshooting MySQL 5.0.22 and 5.1.24 in production and developer environments on both Linux (5.0, 5.1) and Mac OS X.
- Increased database performance by utilizing MySQL configuration changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.
- Experience on script programming using Korn Shell, bash shell, Perl.
- Solid experience with Oracle technology architecture, Oracle and Real Application clusters.
- Knowledge of data transfer between SQL server and Oracle.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as upgrades, patches, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning, script development and Documentation.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take proactive action.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving, statistical analysis skills, proficient with analytic and quality assurance.
- Proficient knowledge in business/user process and procedure, guidelines and documentation and project management, experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Operating systems: HP-UX, Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1,3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Sun Solaris OS 5.8/5.9/5.10, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, AIX 5.1,5.2, Linux and Windows.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11gR1/11gR2/10g/9i/ 8i, SQL server 2000, 2005.
Database Management: TOAD 7.6/7.5, OEM 9.2/10G (10.1/10.2) Grid control (RAC).
Tuning/Monitoring: RAC 11gR1/R2, RAC 10gR2, DataGuard 9i/10g/11g, DB cloning, Standby databases, RMAN.
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, MYSQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Linux Shell Scripting.
Tools: & Utilities RAC, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Loader, ASM, SQL Server, Export/Import,RMAN, NETCA, DBCA, Patch Management, SQLNET, ODBC
Export/Import, Data pump, Data-Guard, VERITAS Net Backup, OELBMC remedy, Pac 2000, VMware, Log-miner, Cron-Tab, Erwin, MS Access, Oracle streams.:
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Oracle DBA
- 24x7 Oracle Production Database Administration.
- Extensively responsible in GoldenGate 12c installation, setup on Oracle Database for unidirectional and bidirectional replication.
- Worked on all database activities such as User management, space management and database security management on 10g, 11g and 12c databases on SOLARIS, LINUX, UNIX- AIX and WINDOWS servers.
- Worked on administering 10 Production databases and more than 40 non-production databases of size ranging from 10GB to 5 TB on Solaris/AIX/LINUX servers.
- Performed high level Troubleshooting and Tuning, Written Shell Scripts for monitoring performance and health checks in GoldenGate 12c.
- Responsible for setting up environments like installing, maintaining Oracle 12c RAC, Standby databases for High availability and Disaster recovery, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Installed 11g/12c software and created databases in RAC environments for new projects by interacting with multiple application teams.
- Involved in managing, troubleshooting and resolving oracle database, RAC and application issues.
- Involved in upgrade/ migration of the oracle databases from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g and Sun Solaris to OEL.
- Implemented High availability solutions with Oracle 11g RAC and Configured Physical Standby for Production databases and converted Physical standby to Snapshot Standby and ACTIVE data-guard, DB links.
- Performed Schema as well as Table Level Replication using Oracle Golden Gate and also did set up Disaster Recovery solution using Golden Gate.
- Developed scripts and reports using SQL, PL/SQL, Perl.
- Evaluating and performing the Backup and Recovery Procedures periodically using RMAN.
- Developed 2 node RAC environments for a 1TB database and implementing DataGuard on RAC environment with another RAC standby database.
- Restored backups from tapes and validated the backups, performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for particular issues and validating disk space.
- Usage of partitions to improve the query performance and manageability.
- Experienced in Tuning SQL statements using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF and STATSPACK.
- Optimal space utilization in tablespace by avoiding fragmentation.
- Hands on experience in enabling auditing and finding the schemas failed login attempts, created and dropped users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Assisted IT Analysts on technical database issues and features.
- Performed timely database refreshes at schema and table level based on the requirement.
- Supported multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Increased database performance by utilizing MySQL configuration changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.
- Installed, security, and maintenance of Linux based systems including Apache and MySQL 5.0.22 configuration.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows operating systems.
- Involved in MySQL database administration on a large-scale MySQL installation.
- MySQL database backup and recovery strategies and Replication and synchronization.
- Written Stored Procedures and Triggers for database maintenance and management using PL/SQL.
- Installation of Oracle RDBMS server software and version upgrades.
- Tested database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Expertise in Oracle networking, Performed Daily Monitoring of Oracle Instances, monitor users, and table spaces, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Logs and Alerts.
- Proactively managed the databases, set up notifications, alarms using shell scripts for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11gR1,11gR2, 12c, RHEL 5/6, SOLARIS 10/11, IBM AIX, OEM, RMAN, Grid, RAC, ASM, Data-guard, Golden Gate, TOAD, TDE, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- My duties as an Oracle DBA was to primarily ensure well-being of the OLTP production systems, schema object management, database deployments, and proactive monitoring.
- Worked on all database activities such as User management, space management, and database security management on 10g, 11g databases on LINUX and WINDOWS servers.
- Installed, Created and maintained 2 Node 11g RAC with ASM and created database for production, development and test environment on HP-UX platform.
- Performed Backup and Recovery of Primary and Standby Databases using RMAN and external backup using NETBACKUP.
- Used oracle configuration assistants like DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant) for Creating databases, DBUA (Database Upgrade Assistant) for Upgrading databases and NETCA (Network Configuration Assistant) for creating a Client-Server environment using Listener, TNS names etc.
- Installation of 11g /10g / 9i oracle binaries & Designing / Creation / upgradation of Databases for DEV & Production environments on Solaris / UNIX- AIX and LINUX servers.
- Performed Oracle RAC Clusterware Installation of 10g (10.2.0.4) Cluster Ready Services on 3 nodes Configuration, RAC Database Creation, and Node Administration.
- Implemented code changes like DML and DDL by coordinating with Developers and Change Management team.
- Involved in setting up environments like installation, configuration of Oracle GoldenGate 12c using unidirectional and bidirectional replication topologies.
- Installed and Configured GoldenGate for replication of production databases to Reporting Databases and troubleshooting of GoldenGate issues.
- Expert in Golden Gate (10.x and 11.x) replication solutions to facilitate data flow between heterogeneous (SQL Server and Oracle) environments.
- Installed, configured and supported uni-directional and bi-directional replicated environments utilizing Golden Gate 10.x and 11.x software and created manager, extract, replicate trail files.
- Cloned databases by using RMAN and Export/Import database using Data Pump.
- Worked on implementing cold/hot/logical backup procedures using shell (LINUX) scripting and using RMAN. Developing, testing & implementing strong backup and recovery strategy. Responsible for monitoring backups regularly.
- Responsible for creating and registering the databases in RMAN catalog Database. Taking care of day to day basis Archiving related issues.
- Proactively managed the databases; set up notifications, alarms using shell scripts for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases.
- Extensively worked in various areas of DataGuard i.e. Installation, Recovery, RTA (Real Time Apply), Patching, Tuning, Switchover, Switchback and Failover.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Performing routine Monitoring of Oracle Instances, Users, Undo/Rollback Segments, various other DB Objects, Memory Structures, SQL queries and Alerts.
- Implementing CRON setup to automate constant monitoring/maintenance/reporting and other batch jobs using written Shell scripts (CRON setup) and DBMS scheduler.
- Extensively managed the relationship between database users and applications.
- Implementing & monitoring OS and Database level Security through Users managements (distributing/limiting privileges) & Auditing.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, AIX, Linux 4.0, RMAN, DBCA, GoldenGate, Data Guard, EXPLAIN PLAN, Cloning, OEM, STATSPACK, TKPROF, Toad, PL/SQL.
Confidential, New York city, NY
- Involved with installation and maintenance of Oracle RAC for high availability.
- Involved in change control process and Upgraded the Oracle 10g database to 11g version and applied patch set and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 10g RAC. Converted a single instance database to Oracle RAC 10g.
- Involved in RAC administration including 10g Database cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
- Responsible for implementing Load Balancing in RAC Database and to make health checks in RAC instances using Crsctl and Srvctl utility.
- Worked with IT managers and application developers to ensure the database integrity, high availability and security.
- Performed Tuning, coding and Monitoring for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) nodes, Production Standalone Servers via Toad.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery. Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Implemented Oracle database backup & recovery solutions using RMAN. Restoration and Recovery of databases at the times of occurrence of critical failures.
- Configured DATA GUARD to provide high availability by implementing physical stand-by database and worked with various features: Streams and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Performed Cloning/ Refresh to setup Test and development database.
- Database cloning/exp/imp to setup identical databases in the production and development environments.
- Performed Capacity Planning, Undo segments and Health check reviews in RAC.
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Logs & recovering them as per the requirement.
- Created, monitoring database objects like Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle hints, for rule based optimization.
- Monitored queries with high response time and high disk read per execution (Top SQLs) and tuning the same using Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL tuning advisor. Worked with application team in solving various performance tuning issues.
- Extensively used features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, ADDM for Generating reports.
- Effectively designed and implemented the Database part of the full Data center migration from one city to another with minimal downtime with solid backup plan which involves databases of size greater than 1 TB.
- Installed and Configured Oracle 10g databases on Linux and also Upgraded Oracle databases from 9i to 10g version using OPATCH tool.
- Maintenance of around 180 databases combined on all the production, development and testing environments on various databases (DB2, SQL servers 2005).
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Experienced in writing UNIX scripts to process batch jobs, for database maintenance activities, performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Working with QA and Development teams for the regular database support.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Troubleshooting performance problems over phone and via email.
- MySQL processes, security management and queries optimization.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters.
- MySQL processes and queries optimization. Exported and Imported database 10g objects from development to production.
- Migrated Oracle 9i databases to MySQL using the MySQL Migration Toolkit.
- Performed query analysis for slow and problematic queries.
- Analyzed code to improve query optimization and to verify that tables are using indexes.
- Suggested performance improvements by implementation of database stored procedures instead of repeated validation codes done on forms level triggers. This improved the performance of the entire application several times more as benchmarked by QA and UAT team.
- Performing the daily Maintenance tasks and interacting with Oracle Customer service when required.
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
- Conducted time-to-time analysis and monitoring of the software and hardware requirements and act accordingly.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g RAC, ASM, Red hat Linux 5.x, Solaris, RMAN, SQL*Plus, SQL, SQL*LOADEROracle OEM, Import/Export Data-pump.
- Involved in setting up environments like Installation and customization of Oracle Databases (10g&9i) and Oracle Products in Linux, Solaris and Windows environments.
- Implemented and maintained Physical Data Guard for High Availability on Oracle 9i and 10g databases.
- Configured RMAN and performed daily backups and recovered critical databases from various performance issues, failures with minimum downtime.
- Developed and modified Triggers, Packages, Functions and Stored Procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create the database objects dynamically based on user input.
- Good knowledge on joins, which are inner join, Left outer join and Hash join, Semi join.
- Implemented various automated UNIX shell scripts to invoke PL/SQL anonymous blocks, Stored PROCEDURES, FUNCTIONS, PACKAGES using SQL PLUS session in silent mode.
- Experience in using automatic monitoring and management processes such as batch processing using Crontab for processes like import, export databases.
- Monitoring the alert logs and trace files regularly. Involved in Administering the Client’s Oracle 10g Database.
- Extensively used SQL loader to load data from flat files to databases and Oracle Data pump utility for moving data among the servers.
- Created User accounts, Profiles, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Compared schemas, databases, TNSNAMES.ORA file and Table-spaces for better understanding of databases between test and production environment.
- Working Experience with latest TOAD having new features PLSQL & SQL Script Debugger, Database Health Checkup, ASM Manager, Diagnose Extents, Segment Advisor, SGA Trace, Query Builder.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripting for automatic monitoring and management processes such as batch processing using Cron-tab for processes like import, export databases.
- Developed and tuned the stored procedure, triggers, user defined functions and queries.
- Implement Log Shipping in SQL Server 2000 from primary server to Standby server.
- Installing and configuring SQL Reporting Services 2005 on Windows Server 2003 EE environment.
- Responsibilities include Upgrading for two applications from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining of functions, procedures, triggers, indexes using MYSQL database programming language.
- Maintained and Prepared documentation of all database operations, backup and recovery standards.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Linux, Hp-UX, Sun Solaris, Shell Scripting, RDBMS, SQLPLUS, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, RAC.