- Ten years of experience in the field of software development, designing & analyzing and high concentration in relational database design, programming and administration.
- Skilled in designing and implementing complete life cycle client servers and database applications with various development tools and languages.
- Proven track record of providing on time, on spec, and on budget project delivery, and exceeding target objectives.
- In - depth awareness of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Results oriented, can-do attitude and highly motivated professional.
- Highly regarded for his heads-up interaction with team members, customers, and associates.
RDBMS: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g, MS SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access.
Languages: PL/SQL, T-SQL, Shell scripting, Visual Basic, .NET, C++ and Java.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003, 2008, UNIX and Red Hat Linux.
Tools: SQL Developer, SQL navigator, SQL Loader, Oracle Enterprise Manager, MS SQL Management Studio.
Confidential . NEW YORK, NY
Senior DBA and Developer.
- Database designing and data modeling.
- Preparing Window and Linux Servers (with SAN) for Oracle database.
- Installing, managing and monitoring Oracle Grid Control for Servers (O/S), Oracle and MS SQL servers database.
- Configuring, setting and monitoring multiple Physical STANDBY databases (Oracle Data Guard) for disaster recovery.
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring production, development, QA databases which include Oracle, MS SQL Server and MYSQL databases.
- Performing backup and recovery of database using RMAN, Data Pump.
- Analyzing ADDM results and implementing its recommendations.
- Writing of Shell Scripts for database backups and ETL processes.
- Migrating Oracle 8i database on Windows to Oracle 10g on Linux server.
- Creating and managing users and roles for security and management.
- Creating Virtual Private Database using Oracle Label Security and synonyms.
- Cloning the development and QA database from Production database using RMAN and Oracle Data pump backups.
- Installing and managing Oracle Gateway for connectivity from Oracle database to MS SQL server.
- Configuring SQL*NET files (Tnsnames and Listener files) for client- server setup.
- Replicating data using Oracle streams, Materialize view (Snapshots) and logical standby database.
- Installing and configuring MS SQL server.
- Migrating MS SQL 2000 server to MS SQL 2008
- Managing MS SQL server backups using maintenance plane.
- Creating MS SQL server DTS packages for exporting Oracle data to MS Access.
- Writing T-SQL procedures and functions.
- Writing stored procedure for all CRUD operation to enhance performance and security.
- Writing Complex queries, procedure, function and packages for Crystal and Web reports.
- Tuning SQL queries using SQL tuning Advisory, analyzing tables and Indexes and creating necessary indexes etc.
- Profiling and Tracing PL/SQL programs in order to identify bottlenecks of program.
- Writing PL/SQL programs for ETL (Loading data from transactional database to reporting database).
- Optimizing ETL process using Direct path insert, parallelizing query, Collection with BULK COLLECT, dynamic SQL with EXECUTE IMMEDIATE statement, FORALL statement, bind variables and pining Packages in Shared memory pool.
- Writing JAVA stored procedure to extend the functionality of database application.
- Converting Visual Basic, .NET programs into Oracle PL/SQL for better performance and centralize the code management.
- Partitioning big history tables and Indexes.
- Implementing business logic using database triggers and Constraints.
- Reviewing database changes requested by developer before implementing in production for database standers.
- Loading external data to database tables Using Oracle External table and SQL Server import export utility.
Senior Oracle Developer.
- Preparing Sun UNIX Servers for Oracle database.
- Installing Oracle server and client software on Window, UNIX and Linux Servers.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitor and supporting production Database servers for server health, Storage management, Database Security and Performance using OEM, Oracle Grid control and alert files.
- Exporting data to dump files using oracle Export-Import tool for logical backups.
- Storage management (Tablespace and database files).
- Creating tablespaces for tables and indexes after analyzing file I/O, table join and Indexes for optimal performance.
- Writing PL/SQL codes (procedures, functions, triggers, packages, jobs etc) as per business requirement.
- Rewriting PL/SQL batch processes (ETL) using dynamic SQL, bulk collect functionality, bind variable and PL/SQL memory which brings 8 hours batch processing time to 2 hours.
Oracle DBA and Developer .
- Performing hot and cold backup database.
- Refreshing development database from Oracle dump files using Oracle Import utility.
- Distributing database files to reduce I/O contention.
- Managing UNDO and TEMP tablespace.
- Tuning and sizing of various part of SGA like shares pool, buffer cache, redo log buffer for performance by querying V$ views (Hit ratio and wait event) .
- Tuning SQL queries by using SQL Trace facility with TKPROF utility..
- Setting up services and listeners.
- Checking Database files using DBV utility.
- Rolling out development changes to production database.
- Backup Oracle database files to tape drives on Spark machine.
- Loading data to database tables from external text file using SQL Loader.
- Creating and modifying Tables, Indexes Views, Snapshots, Database links stored procedures, functions, triggers, types and packages. (PL/SQL).
- Creating and managing external text files using UTL packages for log and reports.
- Converting front end ASP Code into oracle PL/SQL.