- 22+ years of IT Experienced Oracle Certified Professional with 7 + years of progressive experience in Oracle Database Administration, management of large databases and data warehouse environments providing 24/7 support of both development and production 12c/11g/10g databases on Various on Unix and Windows based Platforms.
- Experience in Installation, configuration of Oracle RAC database 11g/12C, developed multi nodes RAC environments for a multi TB database with ASM and Data Guard environments.
- Planned and implemented DR & high availability solutions using OEL 11g Standby Database usin g Oracle Data Guard, 11g/12c RAC .
- Expertise with Oracle Enterprise Manager, 12C Grid Control, RMAN, Schema & User management
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as Upgrades , Patches , TAR support, Performance Tuning , capacity planning, UNIX shell and SQL script development, writing PL/SQL packages and documentation.
- Perform DB patching, Cloning, DB Installation, troubleshoot issues/errors/incidents, Collaborate with Oracle support for bugs & issues resolutions and personal research.
- Excellent experience in OLAP and OLTP database systems, implementing and managing large Oracle databases (VLDB). Hands - on solid experience in data modeling, database design and multidimensional modeling
- Experience in working with oracle Golden Gate and replication technology
- Experienced in database design, data modeling and multidimensional data modeling; extraction transformation and load (ETL) and data warehouse technology.
- Have supported SQL Server (2001, 2005, 200, 2012, 1014) DBA work.
- Highly dedicated professional with demonstrated success in designing and implementing database solutions that improve business functionality. Trained and experienced in Project Management and ITIL
- Possess diversified technical background with in depth understanding of enterprise system and focus on delivering business solutions
- Hands-on exposure Oracle DBA cloud and AWS technology.
- High ability to organize and manage time to meet immediate and long term deadline with a positive attitude to increase productivity
- Comprehensive problem-solving abilities, commitment towards work, willingness to learn, and strong grasping abilities and detailed oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with diverse staff and clientele
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers, vendors and executive level management; influencing without authority and managing stakeholders/clients expectations.
- Excellent formal education from US Universities (Two relevant Masters Degrees) and abroad (Engineering degree). A former Fulbright Grantee. Proven desire and commitment to continually learn and apply new technologies.
Database Administration: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, SQL Server 2000-2014, Sybase, Access 97-2005, DB2, Teradata
Platforms: UNIX, Solaris, Linux, AIX, Windows 2003-Server 2012, HP-UX, AIX
HighAvailability: Real Application Clusters (RAC) 11g/12c, Data Guard, RMAN, HP Service Guard, VERITAS Cluster Server, Oracle Failsafe
Enterprise Database Tools: BMC, Oracle Designer, CA Erwin, OEM/EM Grid Control (Enterprise Manager), Toad & Quest, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), SQL developer
Application Servers: OAS 4.X.X, 9iAS, OAS 10g, Weblogic 8/9 Apache/Tomcat, IIS
Application Systems: Oracle Applications 10.7-12R, Siebel
Programming: SAS, VB, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, SQL, C++, Java Script, HTML, PHP, Perl
Other: ITIL, PMP, BMC, Golden Gate, ER Studio, Project Management, Business and System Analysis, ETL, Data Integration, Data Modeling, Data Architecture Design, Data Warehouse, OLTP and OLAP, Apache 1.3, Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams, Oracle financial application systems (GL, AR, AP, HR), Oracle CRM, TCA, UWQ, Forms, Report Writer, MS Project 2000/2002, ERP systems, SDLC, EDI, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio), ODBC, ftp, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape and Opera Internet browsers, ISO 900 Toolkit, Statistical and Econometric Analysis, AWS
Confidential, Allentown, PA
Sr Oracle DBA
- Coordinated in Building an Oracle data warehouse repository by migrating database from SQL Servers and Oracle Servers using Golden Gate and Oracle SQL Developer 4.1 for their Information Technology Department.
- Handled the Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Maintained Data Guard to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery for enterprise data.
- Perform tuning, maintenance and support of Linux 11gr2/12c RAC
- Performed Logical backup using and full/partial export/import and Data Pump.
- Applied patches which includes CPU as well as PSU patches and used lot of techniques to reduce the patching downtime
- Implemented Goldengate bidirectional setup between different data centers.
- Responsible for capacity planning, database security, recovery planning and installing patches
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files. Coordinated with .Net programmers and SQL Server developers to design the flow of operations to ensure proper synchronization between the database and the front end in both connected and disconnected modes.
- Performed Database Application Performance tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, Stats pack and SQL Tuning.
- Implemented RMAN with OEM as a backup Strategy
- Performed Backup and Recovery tasks in SQL server 2005 using SQL server Management Studio.
- Responsible for providing application development support for Query Optimization, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes etc. for multiple development application s
- Performed SQL Server dba role as deemed to be necessary.
- Implemented and maintained database security (creates and maintains users, roles and Assign privileges.
- Managed data warehouse projects improvement and growths.
- Performance monitoring, Alert Log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Created tools and processes to automate jobs and monitor database performance (Shell Scripts)
- 24 X 7 Production database administrations, Support to Developers, End-Users. Environment: Oracle12.1c, RMAN, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Golden gate, Shell scripting, Weblogic Server 11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2005-14, RHE 6, UNIX, SQL*LOADER, Oracle OEM, Putty, Data guard, Oracle Data Integrator.
Confidential, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Implemented and maintained database security (create and maintain users, roles and assign privileges) Database tuning, Application Tuning & performance monitoring. Fine tuning Initialization parameters, I/O, Memory and Operating System kernel parameters.
- Developed strategies for data extraction from various source systems, transformation and loading into data warehouse target systems.
- Performance tuning for optimized results using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*Trace, TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM reports
- Assist programmers and analysts in resolving application performance problems. Evaluated, defined, recommended, and implemented application database requirements in collaboration with software development team.
- Reorganized tables and indexes within databases when needed. Monitored proactively the production Oracle alert logs for database errors. Monitored system resource availability and responded to system memory and data issues. Expert with OEM Grid Control. Core DBA work.
Environment: s: 11gr2 8 nodes ASM Exadata, Oracle 12c.1, Golden Gate, Erwin 10, OEL 6.x, SQL Developer 4.1
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
IT Database Administrator
- Goodrich Corporation has been changed to UTC Aerospace Systems because it is bought by the later.
Environment: s: Oracle (9i-11g), RA, Data Guard, BMC, SLA, SQL Servers
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Working closely with Database Administrators, Database Team, Applications Team, IT Architect and other DBA’s to monitor and troubleshoot the production issues and facilitate business improvements. Consulted with and advised senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
- Work simultaneously with other departments, BMC team and/or outside contractors to resolve system production problems. Also involved in working with Storage Architects and relevant team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop high level DB Performance Reports with Recommendations for future RAC Capacity Planning works. Worked on all document process, related to all regular DBA activities.
- Assisted in Database backups, restores and configurations to support testing exercises.
- Involved in writing many Unix and SQLScripts and processes to quickly resolve issues in any Oracle database instance.
- Assisting development groups with database administration in non-production environments
- Responded to production support calls.
Environment: s: Oracle 11g R2 Rac, OEM 12c, Data Guard, ASM, BMC, SLA, 12C, Grid Control, Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux 6.x and Window 2008 Servers, Oracle Support/Metalink, Toad, SQL Developer, Oracle Clients/Servers.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
- Responsible in providing Level 2 and Level 3 support of 300+ Production Oracle databases (most of them are RAC and Data-Guard environments) with on-call production support on rotation basis in 24/7environment.
- User management, Space Management, Undo Management, Database Monitoring, Listener monitoring, Backup (RMAN) Management, Blocking session, database tuning, SQL tuning
- Collection of StatsPack (8i & 11g) and AWR (11g) report
- Led the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Provide customer production and developer support
- Support medium scale production database applications on multiple operating systems
- Troubleshooting oracle errors and providing support to customers and developers.
- Apply patches for oracle databases; Management of Physical Standby database using oracle Data Guard.
- Recovery of production databases at the crisis situation in time.
- Administration of Backup and Recovery using RMAN.
- Management of backup pieces and backup sets using RMAN.
- Writing Shell Scripts on various UNIX, AIX, HP-UX and Linux Servers for automation of day to day database jobs like Start up - Shutdown, Export Backups as per necessary.
- Alert log monitoring of Oracle Database.
- Managing Users: creating users, synonyms, privileges, roles, quotas
- Managing table spaces, objects, profiles, storage parameters.
- Work on BMC remedy and incident tickets and update / resolve the tickets within the SLA.
- Involved in working with TSM and Storage architects and Network professionals in relevant issues and change management.
Environment: s: Oracle (9i-11g), RAC, Data Guard, ASM, BMC, SLA, Grid Control, Aix, HP-UX, Linux and Window 2008 Servers, Putty, Autosys, Golden Gate, WinCp, Toad, Grid Control, TSM, RMAN, Oracle Support.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Created Multi-Dimensional data model (STAR Schema) and enhanced it to meet the growing requirements.
- Captured business requirements identification, analysis and development. Provided mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling
- Experienced in deploying robust applications leveraging solutions from Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle RAC, ASM, Oracle replication, Oracle standby/data guard, backup, restore and recovery operations usage of RMAN metadata, test planning, data integration/extraction transformation and load (ETL), application upgrades and data migrations
- Experienced in performance tuning information systems running online transaction processing (OLTP), online analytical processing (OLAP), decision support systems (DSS) applications and implementing Oracle advanced security solutions on heterogeneous network environments
- Responsible for providing expert level tier three 24/7 O&M Enterprise System Life Cycle Management Support (ELMS), security systems in GE Aviation Systems, a relevancy search and discovery software in development, test, pre-production and production.
- Experienced in documenting/designing system/subsystem specification (SSS) documents
- Overall, experience has been gained using Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), client-server applications, and web-based products in simple and complex High Availability (HA)/Maximum Availability (MAA) network architectural systems on UNIX, LINUX and Windows platforms.
- Responsible for designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards
- Troubleshooter of Database Performance Tuning issues using Automated Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM). Tuned database for optimum performance.
- Created Partitioned tables using Range, hash, list partitioning to improve performance and manageability. Writing scripts for backup and recovery, Import and export procedure.
- Setting up new environments (Development, Production etc)
Environment: s: UNIX, Linux Servers, Oracle Express, Informatica, Erwin, Business Intelligence, Teradata, Powerbroker, Windows Servers 2008, Oracle 11g/10g, 11i-12R, CA Erwin, Informix, DataPump, Toad,, Autosys, Golden Gate
- Installed and configured oracle 9i and 10g, 11g database on Dev/Test/Prod system.
- Day to day monitoring like availability of system, listener, database, alter log file, trace file. Developed UNIX shell script to monitor database.
- Performed Daily Monitoring of Oracle instances using OEM Grid Control, TOAD to monitor users, table spaces, memory structures, rollback segments, logs, and alerts.
- Created Partitioned tables using Range, hash, list partitioning to improve performance and manageability.
- Provided disaster recovery by configuring and maintaining physical standby database using oracle Data Guard.
- Worked on database cloning to make Production instance available for Test and Development.
- Created users and involved in database security by granting roles, privileges, and profile to users.
- Created database object like tables, indexes, views, synonyms, sequences.
- Developed PL\SQL stored procedure, package, triggers, cursors, and views.
- Performed, developed and maintained database backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Performed logical backup of database, schemas, tables using Export/Import and DATA PUMP utility.
- Analyzed database object tables, indexes to get statistics.
- Worked closely with Development DBA teams on trouble-shooting SQL issues impacting database performance and uptime.
- A six member DBA team providing support for 10 oracle instances with database sizes for 100 GB to 5 TB.
- A 4 member of Oracle DBA team and oracle database size was 100 GB to 5 TB
Environment: s: Linux Server, Autosys, Crontab, Unix, Oracle 10g r2/11g r2, ASM, RAC, Golden gate, Exadata, Windows Server 2003, Sybase, Dashboards, Toad, SQL Developer.
- Database capacity Planning and Volumetric Analysis for the database more than 0.5 PB. Involved in the Implementation of Data Guard and RAC technologies in mission critical systems and configured Switch over and Failovers with Physical standby database on UNIX environments.
- Upgrade/Migration databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 10g RAC
- Configured the Public Network/Private Interconnect for Oracle 10g RAC
- Converted a single instance database to Oracle 10g RAC.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Setting up and testing the backup and recovery strategies.
- A 10 member of oracle DBA team database size was half petabytes (500 Terabytes) with 100 test data instances and 15 production instances.
Environment: s: Data Guard, OEM, Oracle 10g r2, RAC, non-ASM and ASM, AIX, Linux Servers
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Fulfill customer service requests for SQL and database tuning, software patches and upgrades, as well as database migration and duplication. Major projects include migrations to upgrade Oracle 9i database to Oracle 10g and hardware and software testing.
- Responsible to trouble shooting requests for Oracle bugs, suggestion as an expert development and implementation of backup/recovery strategies, configuring replication environments, as well as database process automation.
- Proactively monitor 10g Oracle environments for multiple customers. Resolve database incidents to ensure database availability and stability.
- A 5 member of oracle DBA team with database size 50 gb to 450 gb and 30 test and development databases and 10 production instances.
- Performed disaster recovery for a production database which went offline after the server was moved to a new Sun box. Recovered a testing server after accidentally deleting all its syslogins entries including sa login
Environment: s: Crontab, Oracle 10g, AIX, HP-UX, Window Server 2003, Solaris, Export-Import Utilities, Putty, PHP
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Coordinated Back-ups, Restores, Scheduling, Maintenance and Disaster Recovery planning for SQL
- Perform security updates for all user types
- Responsible in Transitioning from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. Develop plans and manage and execute complex technical efforts
- Perform DTS packages, Perform Link Servers and work with T-SQL, write Stored Procedures, perform Database storage migration
- Develop Documentation for all Databases by understanding of complex logical to physical DB structures
Confidential, Tampa Bay, FL
- Responsible for critical ETL processing operation during peak periods, data structures covered customer record files for entire United States' television rating sampling data.
- Data modeling of new instances with both Erwin as logical tools.
- Directly supported operation/development of ETL interfaces for background processes from Sybase and SQL Server Databases
- Evaluated and resolved issues in three critical production applications including multi-tier fat client DCOM application back-ended by Oracle, metadata-driven, multi-tier Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data warehousing application.
- Provide systems integration and architecture leadership oversight to find and close the gaps between various projects in term of common system development processes, configuration management, release management, and the application of IT best practices in the domain of Data Architecture, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Metadata, and ETL
- Prepared and processed documents and metadata file attributes and mappings for legacy migration to Document application
- Coordinated IT Infrastructure service delivery management and support contracts
Environment: s: ETL tools, UNIX, Oracle 9i/10g, RMAN, IBM mainframe, Windows Servers, HP-UX, Putty, Ignite Tuning tools, Sybase, DB2, Perl, Erwin
Confidential, Manhattan, New York
- Design, model, and implement logical and physical database modifications using ERwin. Tune and optimize SQL and database objects.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of all Oracle 9i and Oracle 9ia Servers in development environments.
- Coordinated for all java, ejb, j2ee development for the Sun Microsystems (local office) account. Installation, maintenance, development, test, quality-assurance, necessary training of the 3-tier systems using Java technology.
- Involved from the development and system point of view in the architecture of BEA Weblogic integration adapter for Oracle 8i/9i application in UNIX, edit and figurate the UNIX script to add jar files, in the Weblogic Production environments for Web Logic Server 6.x through 8.0.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
Project Manager/Permanent Employee
- Led a team of 45 employees for website creation that included production timetable, cost control and project
- Coordination. Maintained documentation for a possible clients’ requirements
- Conducted one on one session with the clients to assess client needs and expectations and ensure project delivery within deadline.
- Responsible for status reporting, client communication & coordinating with the project management team for timely completion and quality maintenance of projects
- Implemented new production methodologies that resulted in optimizing employee’s time to finish the tasks, thus enhancing employee efficiency
- Responsible for streamlining work processes in various teams that include quality control, human resource, communication management and design
- Contributing to company’s growth by means of business development, Client retention and securing strategic partnerships
- Interacted directly with CEO, project managers, VPS, developers for the relevant technical issues of this Human Resource Management Portal development company.