- Oracle DBA with over 5 years’ experience in maintenance, security, backup and recovery.
- My experience spans across Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, on Unix/Linux/Solaris/AIX and Windows.
- AUTO TRACE
- SQL Profile
- Data Guard
- AWR reports
- Database Tuning
- SQL/Session TRACE
- Grid Control
- DB Links
- SQL NET and Listener
- Rollback segment
- Buffer Cache
- Shared Pool
- I/O distribution
- Table & Index Partitioning
- creating auxiliary and duplicate databases using RMAN. Migrating Oracle 11g to 12c. DBA Support
- implementation of Backup and Recovery strategy
- used physical backup and logical backup using EXPORT/IMPORT
- expert in disaster recovery
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 10g to 11g to 12c
- Performs backup and recovery using RMAN, Flashback Technology and user managed backups.
- Performs regular health checks of production and test databases.
- Performs database or schema level refreshes using the traditional export/import or datapump.
- Manages and performs tablespace management, undo management, redo log management, control file management, online redo log management and user privilege management.
- Performs database physical and logical design and procedures for Production, Development, Q&A, Test and Training servers.
- Use RMAN duplicate command to clone/refresh development database from production.
- Use Oracle Transparent Data Encryption to encrypt tables and tablespaces that contains PII data.
- Use Oracle flashback technology to restore databases as needed.
- Implemented standby database (Data Guard) for production database setup and successfully performed active failover in the event of production failure.
- Perform disaster recovery testing on a quarterly basis to ensure data integrity, confidentiality, and availability.
- Architecting, planning, designing, developing, deploying and supporting RAC/ASM environment
- Participated in ASM SAN Migration project.
- Resolved connectivity issues related to SCAN on cluster.
- Participated in On - call support every 6 weeks per company policy.
Database Administrator (Oracle)
- Performed backup and recovery using Oracle user managed backup such as automated or manual cold backup and hot backup procedures.
- Assisted in developing capacity and performance metrics as well as maintain, analyze, and report on a scheduled periodic basis to management on development progress.
- Upgraded database from 11g to 12c database using Database upgrade assistant.
- Managed and monitored standby database using broker as well as monitoring primary database by using OEM 12c.
- Performed tuning such as database tuning, SQL tuning such as query optimization, AUTOTRACE, and SQL Profile.
- Upgraded the database from 10g to 11g database and applied database patches (PSU).
- In depth knowledge of setting up RMAN backups and recovery, RMAN tuning, and maintaining catalog schema. Proficient in creating auxiliary and duplicate database using RMAN.
- Wrote several adhoc scripts for daily DBA activities such as backups, user creations, granting roles and privileges, verifying error entries and checking for space usages/overages.