- 7+ years of professional IT experience in Administration, Systems Design Development, Maintenance, Testing, Integration, documentation in high-availability environments.
- Expert in Architecture of Oracle Databases 11g RAC, 10g RAC, 9i, 8i with objectives of saving costs and time.
- Excellent experience in Installing, Configuring and maintaining Oracle 8.1.x/9.x/10g/11g on Operating Systems such as Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX, SCO-Unix, Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Windows
- Strong experience in supporting production, development, unit test, system test, Integration test, certification test databases under UNIX/LINUX.
- Experience in managing large mission critical databases high availability and disaster recovery environments in 24*7 using Oracle RAC, Standby databases (Active Data Guard).
- Experience in Upgrading databases (8i to 9i, 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g, 9i to 11g)
- Involved in doing Data Modeling, Data Mart, Data Warehousing, Data Transformation.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as Upgrades, Patches, Backup and Recovery, Performance Tuning, capacity planning, script development, and documentation.
- Expert in Administration, Productivity and Modeling Tools including OEM, Data pump, Exp/Imp, VERITAS, OLAP/Partition/RAC, Erwin, TOAD, SQL,Home-made Scripts.
- Expert in Database Health Maintenance using Stats pack, TKPROF, RACDIAG, RDA, Explain Plan ,Enterprise Manager, Self-developed Scripts & methodology, Procedures.
- Expertise in cloning databases using manual methods and using RMAN Duplicate DB to create Test, Development databases.
- Experience in Database Space Management, Memory Tuning and Application Tuning.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience in Backup and Recovery activities using RMAN and conventional backups.
- Sound experience in different phases of a project life cycle including design, architecture, programming, testing, end user support, and preparing customer specifications as a part of software requirements.
- Expert in configuration of 11gRAC, 10gRAC, Standby Databases (Active Data Guard) for High Availability, Disaster Recovery and reporting.
- Extensive experience with proactive monitoring, Capacity planning, benchmarking, partitioning.
- Experience in SQL (DDL, DML, and DCL), and PL/SQL and experience in writing stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers.
- Expertise in Replication of Oracle Databases using Streams and Golden Gate.
- Expertise in data archive and purge methodologies using korn scripting and pearl scripting.
- Expert in using Bitmap, B-Tree Indexes, Composite indexes, partitioning and histograms.
- Team player, maintained client/customer relationships by providing timely, quality and services, understanding of client/customer needs, opportunities and satisfaction criteria.
- Proficient in interpersonal relations, leadership skills, Project Management, Communication, Partner Teamwork, and Organization
Databases : Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, Oracle 7.3
Operating System : HP UX 10.x, 11.x SunOS 10, 9, Linux RHEL 4.x, 5.x, AIX5L Windows 9x/NT/2000, UNIX, DOS
Programming : PL/SQL, Pro*C, SQL*Plus, C, C++, Shell Scripting, HTML
Tools : RMAN, ASM, Golden Gate, Streams, DataPump, TOAD, SQL*Loader, AWR, ADDM, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Putty.
Bachelor of Technology
Confidential, Atlanta, GA. Apr 10 - Present
Oracle Database Administrator
- 24x7 Production database and applications support.
- Administering ORACLE Databases 9i, 10g, 11g and also Oracle10g RAC/11g RAC.
- Applied patching for upgrading databasefrom 9i to 10g,10g to 11g and also for other updates.
- Experience in managing databases on high availability environment (Oracle RAC & Active DataGuard).
- Configured Oracle grid control to manage the entire database in single centralized location.
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility, building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Managing multiple production, testing, QA and development databases.
- Cloned/Refreshed databases from production database to test and development.
- Implemented backup and recovery strategies using export/import, RMAN Incremental backups), Traditional hot, cold backups.
- Created shell scripts and scheduled them for monitoring Oracle Databases.
- Working with Development, QA and other teams to support the related issues.
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces), altering, and modifying the database structure according to the company’s requirement as necessary, from information givenbased on business requirements.
- Migrated databases from HP-UX to LINUX.
- Setup Standby databases including Active Data Guard for disaster recovery and reporting.
- Implemented Oracle RAC with Data Guard implementation for disaster recovery.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Recovery procedures (RMAN), scheduling daily backups and performed periodic recovery tests.
- SQL tuning using SQL Trace and TKPROF, Explain Plan, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM.
- Tuning init.ora parameters for optimal performance and scalability.
- Running AWR reports to figure out the bottleneck and analyze using ADDM.
- Database Maintenance and clearing of locks, cleaning of database logs, Rebuilding indexes, Tablespace monitoring, database objects monitoring.
- Designing and developing PL/SQL packages in the database layer, stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers.
- UNIX scripting for automation backups, monitoring, statistics collection as well as for other routine tasks.
- GoldenGate installation, configuration for replication.
- Designing the security and database access strategies & cloning databases and partitioning tables.
- Creating and refreshing materialized views & performing SQL*loader jobs for data loading.
- Writing PL/SQL procedures for Extraction Transformation and Loading of data with External Tables.
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility & worked on conversion from single node to Multi Node RAC.
- Performance tuning and Monitoring using OEM/Grid Control.
- Problem resolution repository is built in custom DBA ticketing tool.
- Working with Development, QA and other teams to resolve the issues.
Environment: Sun Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Linux RHEL, Oracle 10gRAC/11g RAC, Data Guard, Datapump, RMAN, ASM, GoldenGate , PL/SQL, SQL Scripts, Shell Programming, TOAD, Putty.
Confidential, Omaha, NE Oct 08 - Apr 10
Oracle Database Administrator
- Managed several production, test and development instances (24x7 Support).
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle 10g RAC/ 11g RAC, Standby databases.
- Administering ORACLE Databases 11g, 10g, and 9i.
- Applications Patch management: Patch application and impact analysis, and trouble shooting.
- Involved in implementing Dashboard-based Monitoring solution by developing shell scripts and SQL scripts.
- Performance Tuning Databases using SQL Trace, TKPROF, Explain Plan, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM.
- Migrating Oracle databases from Windows to Linux.
- Monitoring growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database objects when required and generating trace files for problem resolution.
- Responsible for backup/recovery using and performing backups and recoveries.
- Responsible for setting-up and managing Standby databases.
- User Maintenance (Creation, modification and deletions) and Custom code migrations.
- Proactive database monitoring using Oracle 10g grid control.
- Worked on user documentation like Instance strategy, Instance management, Problem manager, Setup document and Change management docs.
- Problem resolution repository created to reduce issue resolution timings.
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces), altering, and modifying the database structure according to the company’s requirement as necessary, from information given by the application developers.
- Creating and managing users, roles and profiles, auditing and monitoring user access.
- Planning and implementing Backup strategy for the databases, Scripting backups.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Recovery procedures (Hot, Cold Backups and RMAN), scheduling daily backups and performed periodic recovery tests.
- Involved in a project, which analyzes and applies quarterly Security patches (CPU&PSU).
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of oracle network files like listener, tnsnames.ora
- Allocated system storage and planned for future storage requirement for the database.
- Created primary database storage structure for developers to develop and test the Application.
- Data loading using Oracle SQL Loader, developing SQL Loader scripts to load global data, and fine tuned SQL Loader performance using Direct-load mechanism.
- Estimating the space requirements for database growth for next 12 months and availability of hardware to support the processes.
- Developing, Implementing and administering database policies and procedures.
Environment: HP UX, AIX, Linux RHEL 4, Oracle 11g RAC, 10gRAC, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL Scripts, Shell Programming, TOAD, Data Guard, RMAN, ASM, GoldenGate, Putty.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV. Aug 07 – Oct 08
- Configured and managed Large database using latest features of Oracle 9i/10g like Undo-Table space, Locally Managed Table space and Sorting Parameters.
- 24x7 Oracle Production Database Administration including Oracle 10g RAC.
- Wrote proactive scripts monitoring like monitoring the disk usage and the memory usage of the server and monitoring tablespaces and mailing alerts when required.
- Involved in Logical backups, RMAN backups, Hot backups and Cold backups.
- Created and configured Data guard for physical Standby database on a fresh server starting from Oracle Installation in No-Data-Loss mode.
- Developer Environment Setup, Support, Cloning and Refreshes.
- Installed Oracle 9i and 10g, RAC database on HP-UX 11.0, Redhat4 and Sun Solaris.
- Installed RAC on Oracle 10g and worked on ASM feature of Oracle.
- Extensive use of Crontab in UNIX environment for scheduling routine tasks like Backups, exports and imports, archiving old records and verification of such processes.
- Used DBMS scheduler to schedule the jobs and DBMS stats to gather the statistics along with analyze command.
- Installation of Oracle RDBMS server software and version upgrades.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of oracle network files like listener, tnsnames.ora
- Applied patches.
- Created Materialized views to make query response faster and have written shell scripts to refresh them.
- Created and managed tablespaces by adding/deleting/ resizing data files.
- Finest granularity approach to Oracle implementation and de-fragmentation.
- Creating DATAGUARD with logical- standby configuration with hot backup and testing it for fail-over and switch over in different modes.
- Extensively Installed Oracle10g and Upgraded the database from Oracle 10gR1 to 10gR2 on Linux platform.
- Monitored growth of data and purged old records through automated scripts.
- Database activities include allocation and maintenance of Rollback Segments, Automatic Undo Management, table spaces, data files, redo log files, mirroring of redo log files across multiple disks.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, RAC, Sun Solaris 5.9, AIX 5.3,Redhat LINUX, Windows Server 2003, OEM, SQL*Loader, SQL*PLUS, TOAD, RMAN.
Confidential Mar 06 - Jul 07
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle server.
- Supported different Oracle 10g, 9i Databases of Production, Testing, Staging and Training.
- Involved in logical and physical data modeling and schema design using Erwin tool.
- Created database manually using Oracle Database Configuration Assistant.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, Cursors, triggers.
- Creating databases, tablespaces, objects, roles and privileges.
- Partitioned large tables to increase the performance and to improve I/O access.
- Responsible for Data load on different databases using SQL*Loader.
- Export and import of database objects using EXP and IMP Utilities.
- Enforce Database Security by Managing user privileges and efficient resource management by assigning profiles to users.
- Using database level triggers code for database consistency, integrity and security.
- Involved in the database design, installation, creation of various instances, and creation of tables, granting roles to users and maintain the security according to application.
- Performed daily maintenance tasks like space management, rectified locking problems, managed quotas etc. Created users and roles, and maintained system security.
- Efficient in using the Oracle Tools like SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL*Net, IMPORT/EXPORT, DataPump and RMAN.
- Managing table spaces, user profiles, indexes, storage parameters.
- Develop table structures, PL*SQL stored procedures and database triggers to implement.
- Responsible to provide 24 x 7 database administrative activities over different database servers.
Environment: Sun Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Linux RHEL, 10gRAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL Scripts, Shell Programming, Oracle Enterprise Manager, TOAD, Data Guard, RMAN
Confidential Jul 04 - Feb 06
- Configured and installed Oracle 9i on UNIX environment.
- Upgraded database from Oracle 7.3 to 8i, 8i to 9i
- Actively participated in team meetings with Business team for changes in design of the database.
- Worked on database setup and monitored the database growth on daily basis.
- Involved in the logical and physical design of the database tables.
- Sizing database objects for effective space management and optimal performance.
- Actively participated in Database and application developers troubleshooting.
- Developed scripts for hot, cold and logical backup.
- Performed Backup and Recovery using RMAN and user managed techniques.
- Modified and established backup and recovery strategies and procedures.
- Administrated User accounts by creating users, roles and privilege and managing those using grants and profiles.
- Created tables, views and other schema objects with appropriate table space sizes.
- Database maintenance, upgrades, and patches release.
- Worked on database performance monitoring using OEM.
- Carried out Physical and Logical database design and database reorganization.
- Written SQL, PL/SQL functions, procedures, packages and triggers.
- Written shell scripts for backup and cloning automation, custom monitoring
- Created database links for accessing data from remote databases.
- Used EXPORT/IMPORT utility for performing logical backup for table level and full databases.
- Used the Crontab in UNIX and Scheduler in Windows for Automatic Tasks (Analyzing tables, loading into Tables, Imp/Exp).
Environment: Oracle 9i, 8i, 7.3, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, OEM, ASM, PL/SQL, RMAN, LINUX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX,SQL Server 2005,My SQL, Erwin, Windows 2000.