Senior level software, web, and large-scale enterprise-wide systems manager with a track record of successfully managing the entire product development life cycle from defining product road map to final product implementation.
- Developing software and architecture utilizing Java, J2EE, Flex, SUP(Sybase Mobile Platform), Relational Database (Sybase, Oracle, DB2), OOP methodology, frameworks(Spring), SOA and Web Services, Struts, EJB
- Driving the entire system development life cycle including the analysis of specifications, conceptual and physical design, implementation, production rollout, maintenance and support
- Building and leading teams of developers, project managers and QA personnel including remote teams that delivered online services and enterprise-class applications
- Utilizing strong functional knowledge to drive product design and delivery and working with upper management to determine product direction, project plans and timelines, developing cost-effective budgets and resource plans
- Developing workflow systems using wireless technology, building successful consumer-facing applications for mobile devices (iPhone, Windows Mobile).
- Contributing to Open Source projects
Industries / Product Categories
Software - Health Care Human Resources E-commerce Financial Services Manufacturing
Oracle 9i, Sybase 15.x, Java, J2EE, Struts, Flex 3.x, Mobile Dev Tools (SUP), SOAP, UDDI, XML, Tomcat 6.x, EAServer, PowerDesigner 15.x, DB2/SQL, Brio 6.6, SAS products (AF, FSP), Eclipse
EXPERIENCE2007 - Present Confidential, Senior Development Manager, Electronic Content Delivery Pleasanton, CA
- Responsible for on-demand customer-facing systems used for electronic content delivery of Sybase software, patches and documentation.
- Successfully delivered on-time and on-budget a Web-based solution for publishing, on-line viewing and searching manuals. Implemented a complex metadata driven work-flow system to facilitate end-to-end documentation release process and seamlessly integrate with open source software. Contributed to open source projects (eclipse.org)
- Led development of a sophisticated workflow/notification system for authorizing customers to specific one-off patches. The system is used by all tech support personal at Sybase and available on various mobile devices (iPhones, Windows Mobile). Used Java/Flex/Spring. Managed integration with Flexera Software Delivery solution
- Directed execution of projects on the global road map to guarantee on-time and on-budget delivery. Provided thought leadership, promoted creativity and managed personnel development
- Coordinated multiple cross-functional teams
- Responsible for design, development and production support of integrated enterprise-wide solution for physician bonuses and stock options using MS .NET technologies.
- Worked with the business users to define product development strategy and execute product delivery plans. Developed project plans, assigned priorities and managed successful product delivery. Was responsible for resource allocation, capacity planning, scheduling, risk management, issue resolution and productivity metrics tracking.
- Responsible for all phases of development and delivery of large-scale decision support systems, analytical reporting and business intelligence solutions using SAS and Cognos Reporting tool.
- Managed and maintained several mission critical VB systems used by the medical personnel in Northern California Region
- Managed software development teams responsible for architecture, design and development of a new Performance Guarantees system used by 1200 users from Finance, Sales and Marketing, Account Management and representatives of other business units. Utilized J2EE architecture and common Java components.
- Managed all phases of development and delivery of large-scale decision support systems, analytical reporting and business intelligence solutions. Developed strategy and delivery plan.
- Responsible for project planning, estimation of engineering effort, functional and engineering design specifications, development and implementation of an enterprise-wide multi-tier application solution to support Account Management. Developed cost-effective budgets and resource plans