- 7 years of experience in complete software development life cycle with active engagement in database design, enterprise data warehouse, development, ETL processing, modeling, reportingand administrative tasks.
- Experienced in design and development of Packages, Cursors, Stored Procedures and Database Triggers using PL/SQL and good understanding of Oracle data dictionary
- Experienced in using the Oracle ETL features like Materialized Views and Bitmap Indexes
- Seasoned in optimizing performance of data warehouse operations using Oracle tools like SQL Loader, TKPROF ,SQL Trace, Import/Export and Explain Plan
- Monitoring and optimizing the Database Performance through Database Tuning and Application Tuning
- Extensively used PL/SQL Bulk Load options, Collections like PL/SQL tables and VARRAYS, Dynamic SQL, Analytical functions and REFCURSORS.
- Used External tables and UTL_FILE package to load spread sheet data into code tables.
- Working experience in data modeling (Entity-Relationship and Dimensional Model) and logical and physical database design.
- Experience using Informatica in designing the Tasks, Workflows, Mappings, Mapplets and scheduling the Workflows/sessions using Informatica.
- Experience in working with Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports
- Expertise in Testing phase planning, preparation and execution
- Expertise in Korn-Shell scripting and job scheduling using Autosys
- Excellent communication, analytical and inter-personal skills.
PL/SQL, SQL, Shell Programming, C, C++, Java
Oracle Developer (Forms 4.5/5.0/6i, Reports 2.5/3.0/6i), Oracle Designer
Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS Access
SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader,TOAD, Aqua Data Studio
Sun Sparc, Intel Pentium
Sun Solaris, Windows 2000/2003/NT, Windows XP/98/95, HP-UX, MS-DOS
Business Objects 5.1/7.1/XIR2
, Siebel Analytics 7.7, Actuate 7.2, Crystal Reports 10.0
Web Development Tools
Defect Management Tool
Test Director 8.0, Quality Center, PVCS
Visual SourceSafe, Win CVS , PVCS, CVS
PowerCenter 8.6, Datastage, Oracle 9i Warehouse Builder
MethodologiesStar Schema, Snowflake and ER Model
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.
Confidential,Minneapolis, MN JAN 2011 to Till Date
Project:End of Day Store (EODS)
End of Day Store (EODS) is a data store which stores and exposes Accounts, Balances, Positions and Activity information for BETA Brokerage and Annuities. The data is updated once in a day during non peak hours and is consumed 24/7 by applications - like OST/CV, MyFA, SSD and Financial Planning apps. At a high level, data flows from BETA through Brokerage Mainframe into EODS and is exposed to the consumers through stored procedures and Web services. EODS batch is scheduled in TWS and it will load into TWS for the batch cycle.
- Involved in all the phases of the SDLC both technically and from the business point of view.
- Involved in Batch Redesign from SPSP to load, update and expose layer.
- Prepared DI mapping document for Smart Trade/ Tiered Commission stream. This is framed against the logical data model.
- Conduct walkthrough of the designed Stored proc definition document according to the web service definition which will be used by the Data Power team.
- Designed and developed update and expose layer for loading and exposing the data using PL/SQL Packages
- Designed/developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, Ref Cursors and Dynamic SQL.
- Written complex SQLs using joins, subqueries and correlated subqueries.
- Used SQL Loader scripts to load static data to control schema tables using xls files.
- Involved in partitioning of very large tables. Used list and Hash partitioning
- Experience developing complex ETL mappings
- Experience working with and able to demonstrate knowledge of complex Informatica transformations
- Performed configuring control schema and TWS Jobs setup.
- Participated in CMR creation during migration from E1 to E2 and E2 to E3.
- Designed/developed migration scripts to move data from old paradigm to new paradigm.
- Experience as an application and development DBA.
- Participated in code review with Top Coder.
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, HP UNIX, Shell scripting, XML, Informatica, SQL Developer, and TOAD.
Confidential,Santa Ana, CA DEC 2009 Jan 2011
Project:Operational Data Store(ods)
Build a near-real-time operational data store (Oracle) from IMS based legacy systems.Used IBM\'s Event Publisher to replicate IMS data change events to an Oracle database.Oracle triggers were used to ETL the legacy data into a normalized relational structure.My participation included the development of the Oracle triggers, Stored procedures and as well as to maintain the Java programs that read the data from MQ queuesand insert them intoOracle shadow tables.ODS is the primary data source for the Enterprise Business Services that is being used by e-commerce applications.
- Participated in all the Life Cycle phases including requirement analysis ,Client Interaction Design, Coding, Testing, Support and Documentation
- Created Functional Specification document and High-level design document
- Worked under the supervision of a DBA and created database objects such as tables, views, sequences, synonyms, and table/column constraints, indexes for enhancement
- Written complex SQLs using joins, subqueries and correlated subqueries
- Developed complex PL/SQL packages for EBS
- Developed Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages to effectively incorporate Business rules
- Worked extensively with Composite data types, Cursors and Dynamic SQL
- Written Row Level Triggers to replicate Legacy Systems data to Oracle Database
- Used PL/SQL Tables, Ref Cursors to process huge volumes of data and used bulk collect and bulk bind for mass update as performance improvement process
- Import/Export utility is used for transforming data from one place to another from testing to Production.
- Involved in SQL Tuning by creation of indexes, rebuilding Indexes using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF Tools
- Prepared the procedures to update the internal structures to reflect the newly loaded data. Created the materialized views
- Partitioned very large database tables using list partitioning to improve performance.
- Front-End validations are done using JSP.
- Written UNIX scripts and run/review production jobs in the UNIX environment
- Communicate issues and progress to project manager
- Effectively resolved QA Trackers
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Linux, Shell scripting, Java/J2EE, XML, DBArtisan, PVCS Tracker
Software Engineer/Oracle Developer NOV 2008-SEP 2009
Project: FQ (Field Quality)
Description: Confidential,is a critical application that generates measurements on the performance of the GE Appliance business. These measurements are Service Call Rate (SCR), Current Manufacturing Index (CMI), Manufacturing Warranty Rate (MWR), Warranty Parts Rate (WPR), Warranty Part Calls (WPC), NPS-SEARS business measurement and Fault Call Rate (FCR).The measurements are absolute indices and are generated every month. FQ in it does not “own” any of the data that is used in these measurements rather it is dependent on other functions to provide the data. The system basically receives the data from other applications and applies algorithms to the data to generate the measurements on a monthly basis.
- Involved in all the phases of the SDLC both technically and from the business point of view.
- Initiated utilization of Data Warehouse ETL software during migration of legacy data in IMS to Oracle, saving over 50% of total project cost by reducing contract programming
- Translated business and user expectations into detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Schedule meetings and present technical issues to business users and developers.
- Performed logical and physical Data Modeling/ER-Modeling using Erwin.
- Extensively developed complex PL/SQL packages for Invoice Processing.
- Designed/developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
- Involved in PL/SQL code review and modification for the development of new requirements.
- Extensively worked with Analytical Functions, Dynamic SQL ,Composite data types & Global Temporary Tables
- Used Pl/Sql tables, array structures as a part of oracle collections.
- Wrote SQL Loader scripts for Import/Export data files.
- Involved in partitioning of very large tables. Used list and range partitioning.
- Seasoned in optimizing Query performance using explain plan , SQL Trace and TKPROF utility
- Create & maintained box jobs using Shell Scripts.
- Developed scenarios for Unit, Integration testing to ensure that all the components work correctly when integrated.
- Performed key role as technical consultant during transition from IBM Mainframe to client/server model.
- Communicate issues and progress to project manager.
- Solving day-to-day problems, giving support to the users.
- Involved in Production Support and troubleshooting data quality and integrity issues
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, HP Unix, Unix shell scripting, Mainframe Cobol Maestro, VB
Confidential, NJ jun 2007 SEP 2008
Consultant, Oracle Developer
Project: Rebate Management System
The Rebate Management System consists of CARS/IS application, CARS/IS reporting environment and various operational systems like SCORE, DISTRACK, JDE financial application modules etc., .The process of rebate calculation is based on very intricate algorithms which utilize product, vendor , customer, contract, sales and purchase data. To separate the process of reporting from transactional processing, a separate database containing abstracted data from CARS/IS has been created. The Data Base records all the information about the different entities like product, supplier, and customer and their associated eligibility on contracts. The database design is based on RDBMS & Data warehousing (star schema) concepts.
- Interacted with end users to gather requirement specifications for enhancements and translated the business rules as defined by them to technical specifications.
- Updated and maintained the SMTD and EPD document for RMS.
- Involved in the preparation of High Level Design Document for RMS Pricing Redesign.
- Worked under the supervision of a DBA and created database objects such as tables, views, sequences, synonyms, and table/column constraints, indexes for enhancement.
- Extensively developed complex PL/SQL packages for Pricing.
- Written complex SQL using joins, sub-queries and correlated sub-queries.
- Created Informatica Mappings with PL/SQL procedures to build business rules to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Sorter, Expression, Joiner, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Filters, Sequence, Router and Update strategy.
- Used debugger to test the mapping and fixed the bugs.
- Worked with pmcmd to interact with Informatica Server from command mode
- Applied Performance Tuning logic to optimize session performance.
- Attended business user sessions to make changes in warehouse loads.
- Creating Materialized views to fix the performance issues with views
- Involved in SQL Query Tuning by generating Plan Table, Explain Plan, Optimizer with Hints, Analyze, Indexing strategy, SQL Trace, TKPROF etc.
- Tune the SQL queries using SQL Hints wherever suitable.
- Work with the DA and the DBA to Create Indexes or Partition Database Components
- Reports were developed and enhanced using Business Objects 5.1 and Web-Based reports using Web-Intelligence 2.5.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to run the batch jobs and scheduled batch jobs using Autosys
- Responsible for Tier3 production support.
Confidential,Hyderabad, India FEB 2005 -May 2007
Description: Paramount Enterprise is a major supplier of fasteners to all the leading vehicles and engine manufacturers in India. The company’s products are exported to various quality conscious markets like USA, UK and GERMANY. The project was to group data in the financial department to generate reports for different categories
- Stored procedures and triggers were developed for business rules.
- Involved in writing procedural scripts using PL/SQL.
- Involved in coding and testing of the system
- Created GUI for end users and generated various types of reportsby using reports builder
Environment: Oracle, PL/SQL, Windows NT, Oracle Forms, Reports