- Over 8 + years of IT experience as an Oracle Database Administrator in very large production and non - production environments with database implementations in various operating systems UNIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms with experience in environments such as Health care, Financial, Banking Sectors.
- Expertise in Oracle database (9i / 10g / 11g / 12c) administration and hands-on experiences in high-end enterprise environments (database size from 100 GB to 40 TB).
- Hands-on experience in setting up environments like Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting Oracle Golden Gate in Oracle homogeneous and heterogeneous environments.
- Experience in Data Pump / ASM / ASH / AWR / ADDM / Grid Monitoring / Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Expert in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup (cold and hot backup), RMAN backup with/without catalog, full / incremental backup, cumulative backup disaster recovery, operating system backup.
- Experience in Performance Tuning (I/O, Memory & SQL Tuning etc.) by using tools/utilities by AWR / ADDM / Explain Plan / Auto trace / Stats pack / SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Performed upgradation of databases from lower version (9i/10g) to higher version(11g) to 12c.
- Implemented RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Data Guard.
- System administration, Oracle Problem analysis, resolution and active cloning of databases from one server to another server.
- Testing and implementing different physical (hot/cold) and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import.
- Extensively used BMC Remedy, Pac 2000, Citrix ticketing systems.
- Provided 24/7 on-call production database support.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Oracle cluster ware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in RAC environment.
- Experience in conversion of Single Node Instance to Multi Node RAC with ASM, and adding instance to existing RAC.
- Experience in Migration of Oracle Databases from non-RAC to RAC and non-ASM to ASM Instances, Solaris, HP-Unix to Linux.
- Experience in Real Application Clusters(RAC) setup with 4 nodes, configuration and cluster interconnection with Automatic Storage Management(ASM).
- Efficient in maintaining Data Guard to provide high availability by implementing physical standby database and snapshot standby and worked with Oracle 11g features, 11g Grid Control.
- Experience in using Golden Gate to support data replication monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience in bi-directional and broadcast replication from source to target databases using Golden Gate 9.5 and Golden Gate 10.0.
- Implemented data load by replication methods like Materialized views, Golden Gate from OLTP systems into data warehouse databases.
- Experience in recovering Golden Gate corruptions and managing cluster maintenance mode blackouts.
- Performed Export/Import through Data Pump, worked with data pump to take the logical backups of databases.
- Good Experience in applying patches like Critical Patch Updates (CPU), Patch Set Updates (PSU), and One-Off Patches, Interim patches, DST, Patch sets as per the Oracle recommendations.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ensured well-being of the OLTP production systems, schema object management, database deployments, and proactive monitoring.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take proactive action.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving, statistical analysis skills, proficient with analytic and quality assurance.
- Proficient knowledge in business/user process and procedure, guidelines and documentation and project management, experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Operating systems: Linux OEL 4.5,5.x,6.x,7.1, Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1,3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Sun Solaris 9.0/10.0, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, AIX 5.1,5.2, Windows 98/NT/2000/2003/XP/7
Databases: Oracle 12c/11gR1/11gR2/10g/9i, Oracle Real Application Cluster(RAC), ASM, Golden Gate.
Database tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, DTS Import/Export, SQL Client Configuration utility, Backup Server, Replication Server, Microsoft OLAP Services, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), EDI
Development skills: Transact SQL (T-SQL), PL/SQL
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Linux Shell Scripting.
Hardware/Machines: HP-UX, Intel PC, Sun Ultra Sparc, IBM - AIX
Tools: & Utilities: RAC, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Loader, ASM, SQL Server, Export/Import, RMAN, NETCA, DBCA, TOAD, Exadata, Patch Management, SQLNET, ODBC Export/Import, Data pump, Data-Guard, VERITAS Net Backup, OEL, BMC remedy, Pac 2000, VMware, Log-miner, Cron-Tab, Erwin, MS Visio, SSMS.
Confidential, Edgewood, NY
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Extensively involved in GoldenGate 12c installation, setup on Oracle Database for unidirectional and bidirectional replication.
- Worked on all database activities such as User management, space management and database security management on 10g, 11g and 12c databases on SOLARIS, LINUX, IBM AIX and WINDOWS servers.
- Worked on administering 10 Production databases and more than 40 non-production databases of size ranging from 10GB to 5 TB on Solaris/AIX/LINUX servers.
- Performed high level Troubleshooting and Tuning, Written Shell Scripts for monitoring performance and health checks in GoldenGate 12c.
- Responsible for setting up environments like installing, maintaining Oracle 12c RAC, Standby databases for High availability and Disaster recovery, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Installed 11g/12c software and created databases in RAC and non RAC environments for new projects by interacting with multiple application teams.
- Applied Patches including PSU and Bug fixes for database performance issues.
- Configured Physical Standby for Production databases and converted Physical standby to Snapshot Standby and ACTIVE data-guard.
- Performed Schema as well as Table Level Replication using Oracle Golden Gate and also did set up Disaster Recovery solution using Golden Gate.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripts for backup and recovery, Import and export procedure, PL/SQL functions, procedures, packages and triggers.
- Hands on experience in creating new redo log groups on ASM and NON-ASM environment to resolve performance issues by extending the existing redo logs.
- Evaluating and performing the Backup and Recovery Procedures periodically using RMAN.
- Restored backups from tapes and validated the backups, performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for particular issues and validating disk space.
- Worked on a 24x7 Production database and applications support on an onshore/offshore model.
- Analyzed the user requirements, designed partitioned tables and created indexes for improving performance and manageability because many queries can prune partitions.
- Performance tuning and testing stored procedures, indexes and triggers using SQL server profiler, execution plans and SQL Tuning advisor.
- Hands on experience in enabling auditing and finding the schemas failed login attempts, created and dropped users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Assisted IT Analysts on technical database issues and features.
- Able to work effectively with multiple teams at once. Able to thrive in a fast-paced, time compressed and dynamic environment. Solid skills and discipline for Change Management practices processes.
- Performed timely database refreshes at schema and table level based on the requirement.
- Supported multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Written Stored Procedures and Triggers for database maintenance and management using PL/SQL.
- Installed Oracle 12c database in the test environment and tested the upgrade from Oracle 11g to 12c.
- Tested database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Expertise in Oracle networking, Performed Daily Monitoring of Oracle Instances, monitor users, and table spaces, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Logs and Alerts.
- Proactively managed the databases, set up notifications, alarms using shell scripts for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11gR1,11gR2, 12c, RHEL 5/6, SOLARIS 10/11, IBM AIX, OEM, RMAN, Grid, RAC, ASM, Data-guard, Golden Gate, TOAD, TDE, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- My duties as an Oracle DBA was to primarily ensure well-being of the OLTP production systems, schema object management, database deployments, and proactive monitoring.
- Worked on all database activities such as User management, space management, and database security management on 10g, 11g databases on LINUX and WINDOWS servers.
- Installed, Created and maintained 2 Node 11g RAC with ASM and created database for production, development and test environment on HP-UX platform.
- Performed Backup and Recovery of Primary and Standby Databases using RMAN and external backup using NETBACKUP.
- Used oracle configuration assistants like DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant) for Creating databases, DBUA (Database Upgrade Assistant) for Upgrading databases and NETCA (Network Configuration Assistant) for creating a Client-Server environment using Listener, TNS names etc.
- Installation of 11g /10g / 9i oracle binaries & Designing / Creation / upgradation of Databases for DEV & Production environments on Solaris / UNIX and LINUX servers.
- Performed Oracle RAC Clusterware Installation of 10g (10.2.0.4) Cluster Ready Services on 3 nodes Configuration, RAC Database Creation, and Node Administration.
- Implemented code changes like DML and DDL by coordinating with Developers and Change Management team.
- Involved in setting up environments like installation, configuration of Oracle GoldenGate 12c using unidirectional and bidirectional replication topologies.
- Installed and Configured Golden Gate for replication of production databases to Reporting Databases and troubleshooted Golden Gate issues.
- Expert in Golden Gate (10.x and 11.x) replication solutions to facilitate data flow between heterogeneous (SQL Server and Oracle) environments.
- Installed, configured and supported uni-directional and bi-directional replicated environments utilizing Golden Gate 10.x and 11.x software and created manager, extract, replicate trail files.
- Cloned databases by using RMAN and Export/Import database using Data Pump.
- Worked on implementing cold/hot/logical backup procedures using shell (LINUX) scripting and using RMAN. Developing, testing & implementing strong backup and recovery strategy. Responsible for monitoring backups regularly.
- Responsible for creating and registering the databases in RMAN catalog Database. Taking care of day to day basis Archiving related issues.
- Proactively managed the databases; set up notifications, alarms using shell scripts for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases.
- Extensively worked in various areas of DataGuard i.e. Installation, Recovery, RTA (Real Time Apply), Patching, Tuning, Switchover, Switchback and Failover.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Performing routine Monitoring of Oracle Instances, Users, Undo/Rollback Segments, various other DB Objects, Memory Structures, SQL queries and Alerts.
- Implementing CRON setup to automate constant monitoring/maintenance/reporting and other batch jobs using written Shell scripts (Cron setup) and DBMS scheduler.
- Implementing & monitoring Database Security through Users managements (distributing/limiting privileges) & Auditing.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, AIX, Linux 4.0, RMAN, DBCA, GoldenGate, Data Guard, EXPLAIN PLAN, Cloning, OEM, STATSPACK, TKPROF, Toad, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Involved with installation and maintenance of Oracle RAC for high availability.
- Involved in change control process and Upgraded the Oracle 10g database to 11g version and applied patch set and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 10g RAC. Converted a single instance database to Oracle RAC 10g.
- Involved in RAC administration including 10g Database cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
- Responsible for implementing Load Balancing in RAC Database and to make health checks in RAC instances using Crsctl and Srvctl utility.
- Worked with IT managers and application developers to ensure the database integrity, high availability and security.
- Performed Tuning, coding and Monitoring for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) nodes, Production Standalone Servers via Toad.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery. Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Implemented Oracle database backup & recovery solutions using RMAN. Restoration and Recovery of databases at the times of occurrence of critical failures.
- Configured DATA GUARD to provide high availability by implementing physical stand-by database and worked with various features: Streams and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Performed Capacity Planning, Undo segments and Health check reviews in RAC
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Logs & recovering them as per the requirement.
- Created, monitoring database objects like Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle hints, for rule based optimization.
- Monitored queries with high response time and high disk read per execution (Top SQLs) and tuning the same using Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL tuning advisor. Worked with application team in solving various performance tuning issues.
- Extensively used features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, ADDM for Generating reports.
- Effectively designed and implemented the Database part of the full Data center migration from one city to another with minimal downtime with solid backup plan which involves databases of size greater than 1 TB.
- Installed and Configured Oracle 10g databases on Linux and also Upgraded Oracle databases from 9i to 10g version using OPATCH tool.
- Maintenance of around 180 databases combined on all the production, development and testing environments on various databases (DB2, SQL servers 2005).
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Experienced in writing UNIX scripts to process batch jobs, for database maintenance activities, performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Working with QA and Development teams for the regular database support.
- Suggested performance improvements by implementation of database stored procedures instead of repeated validation codes done on forms level triggers. This improved the performance of the entire application several times more as benchmarked by QA and UAT team.
- Performing the daily Maintenance tasks and interacting with Oracle Customer service when required.
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
- Conducted time-to-time analysis and monitoring of the software and hardware requirements and act accordingly.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g RAC, ASM, Red hat Linux 5.x, Solaris, RMAN, SQL*Plus, SQL, SQL*LOADEROracle OEM, Import/Export Data-pump.Confidential
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Involved in setting up environments like Installation and customization of Oracle Databases (10g&9i) and Oracle Products in Linux, Solaris and Windows environments.
- Implemented and maintained Physical Data Guard for High Availability on Oracle 9i and 10g databases.
- Configured RMAN and performed daily backups and recovered critical databases from various performance issues, failures with minimum downtime.
- Developed and modified Triggers, Packages, Functions and Stored Procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create the database objects dynamically based on user input.
- Good knowledge on joins, which are inner join, Left outer join and Hash join, Semi join.
- Implemented various automated UNIX shell scripts to invoke PL/SQL anonymous blocks, Stored PROCEDURES / FUNCTIONS / PACKAGES using SQL PLUS session in silent mode.
- Experience in using automatic monitoring and management processes such as batch processing using Crontab for processes like import, export databases.
- Monitoring the alert logs and trace files regularly. Involved in Administering the Client’s Oracle 10g Database.
- Extensively used SQL loader to load data from flat files to databases and Oracle Data pump utility for moving data among the servers.
- Created User accounts, Profiles, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Compared schemas, databases, TNSNAMES.ORA file and Table-spaces for better understanding of databases between test and production environment.
- Working Experience with latest TOAD having new features PLSQL & SQL Script Debugger, Database Health Checkup, ASM Manager, Diagnose Extents, Segment Advisor, SGA Trace, Query Builder.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripting for automatic monitoring and management processes such as batch processing using Cron-tab for processes like import, export databases.
- Maintained and Prepared documentation of all database operations, backup and recovery standards.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Linux, Hp-UX, Sun Solaris, Shell Scripting, RDBMS, SQLPLUS, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, RAC.