- 7+ years of experience managing 12c, 11g and 10g on Linux, Aix and Windows.
- Managed Databases on AWS.
- Migrated 12c to AWS RDS.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Extensive Experience in database administration, production support, staging and development installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, space management, database security, cloning, migration, shell scripting as well as full documentation.
- Build and Configure Oracle RAC clusteron multiple nodes clusters.
- Lead team in migration of databases between data centers.
- Installed and applied CPU/PSU patches to oracle RDBMS.
- Hands on experience in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery & Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Worked on setting up Physical Standby Data Guard Environments.
- Written shell scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensive use of RMAN to backup/restore/recovery scenarios.
- Experience in managing databases using OEM 12c and 13c.
- Experienced in installing OEM Agents.
- Good experience in Transportable Table spaces, SQL Tuning Advisor, Flashback Table, Table space Management, Materialized Views, and Oracle GoldenGate.
- Handling tools such as Toad, SQL*Navigator, SQL*Advantage and OEM.
- Hands on Experience in Performance tuning and optimization using DBMS STATS, AWR and optimizer hint and tools like Explain Plan, STATSPACK, SQL Trace, TKPROF.
- Analyzed Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH) reports
- Worked on creating and Managing Users, Roles and Privileges with required security implementations.
- Implemented RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Data Guard.
- Database Cloning using RMAN Duplicate.
- Build uni - directional GoldenGate replication.
- Extensive experience in writing shell scripts to setup cron jobs for checking Adaptive server's availability, backup of databases and crucial system tables, nightly batch jobs for data transfer between servers.
- Flexible and excellent team player. Ready to work in any time slot.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and quick learner.
- Worked on 24/7 high availability environment.
- Provided on-call support.
- Worked with Oracle Global Customer Support Service Request(SR) Analyst.
- Excellent Experience as Production DBA with 24X7 supports.
RDBMS: AWS RDS, EC2, 12c, 11g/10g, RAC, Data Guard, SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris
Technologies: RAC, Data Guard, FRA, ASM, Oracle GoldenGate
Tools: OEM, TOAD, SQL Developer
DB Utilities: SQL * Loader, exp/Imp, Data Pump, RMAN, Tkprof
Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell programmingShell script: Shell Script (Bourne shell &Korn Shell)
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Supported, build and managed 11g and 12c Databases on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Build 11g and 12c RAC.
- Set up Physical Standby and Active Standby databases.
- Worked on various performances related issues.
- Very familiar with RAID configuration.
- Worked with Storage team for ASM and other file system needs.
- Set up uni-directional Golden Gate for replication.
- Setup the materialize views for replication.
- Worked For the support of Oracle Exadata Systems.
- Provided assistance to Memory Corruption and Dictionary Corruption Errors.
- Provided assistance to Implement Huge pages /Large Pages in Unix platforms.
- Assistance to High memory utilization issues in Unix and Windows Platforms.
- Provided assistance to Slowness of Data Pump, expand SQL Loader utilities.
- Worked with Oracle on issues and bugs.
- Provided assistance to Apps and Dev team.
- Has good understanding of analyzing the hang analyze and system state dumps.
- Apply CPU/PSU and one-off patches.
- Clone Oracle Databases using RMAN Duplicate.
- Used Data Pump to refresh Schemas and tables.
- Evaluated Oracle Database Monitoring and PL/SQL tools.
- Investigate, diagnose, and quickly resolve issues in production and testing environments. Work closely with the customers to quickly resolve production problems.
- Performance tuning of applications and the databases Oracle 10g.
- Proactive database monitoring using 10g grid monitoring tool.
- Install Oracle supplied tools to assist in database and SQL Tuning like SQLT.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Upgrade/Migration databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Setting up and testing the backup and recovery strategies.
- Remove unnecessary histograms in highly volatile schemas.
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Performed Security administration tasks, setup users accounts, passwords, roles, profiles and quota.
- Monitored data files, logical data storage and data growth activities.
- Performing day-to-day +database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
- Planned and Performed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Backups. Tested and implemented restore procedures for complete and incomplete recovery using RMAN.
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Supported 24/7 on-call pager support for mission critical financial databases.
- Involved in designing new structures/procedures/views/functions for development and data migration from production to reports.
- Worked with database export & import scripts to backup database structures and automation procedures.
Confidential, Chicago IL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 10g and 9i databases.
- Coordinated system support and performance.
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements and System Specification from system users.
- Responsible for Analyzing requirements, designing, maintaining and updating data models.
- Analyze the current data management procedures in practice and suggest ways for automating the process or improving the existing system.
- Installation of Oracle on Linux and Windows.
- Performed installations of Oracle 8i and Sql server databases.
- Created tables, indexes, table spaces, users, integrity constraints and supported all phases of a development cycle.
- Analyzed and suggest improvements to SQL queries and statements written by others.
- Developed stored procedures to pull the data from the distributed systems.
- Involved in Developing and handling the PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Database Triggers.
- Involved in checking explain plan and SQL Tuning.
- Maintaining daily batch cycle and providing 24/7 support.
- Involved in unit testing and integrated testing.
- Involved in preparing the User Test plans.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader to load the data from the flat files to the database and validated the data with the PL/SQL procedures.
- Defined database requirements and designed data model.
- Tuned complex stored procedures for faster execution and developed database structures according to the requirements.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Desktop Support / Jr. Database Administrator
- Access Databases.
- Desktop Support.
- LAN Administration.
- Database installation.
- Shell Scripting.
- Networking Connectivity Issues.
- Microsoft SharePoint Documentation.
- Build Sheet Maintenance.
- Run Scripts during Deployments.
- SQL Server Installation.