- I am seeking to apply 8 years of information technology experience to maximally utilize and leverage technology to increase company efficiency and provide a competitive advantage.
- Technically adept with practical experience in configuration, design, troubleshooting, maintenance, and Technical Support management.
- Possesses strong customer service skills and ability to multi - task. Highly dependable, motivated to learn and grow professionally
- Oracle Database/SQL/mySQL 9i
- 11g & 12c
- RedHat Linux and Windows XP SQL experienced with PL/SQL and Shell Scripting
- Rman /CommVault
- OEM GRID CONTROL and OEM12c Cloud
- Golden GG / SharePlex 9.0
- Oracle Data Guard
- Data Pump/Transportable Tablespace-TTS
- / SecureWorks
- Assyst/ Service Now/JIRA
- SecureCRT 8.0/ SecureFX 8.0. HTML /XML
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Dynamics • TCP/IP • Remote Services • Microsoft
Confidential, Portland, OR
Environment: Windows, RHEL, Oracle 11g, Oracle RAC (11g), Data Guard, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Plus.
- Oracle 11gR2 and 12c installation (RBDMS) on Solaris.
- Configuration, Migration, implemented recovery strategies RMAN using COMMVAULT
- Supported Hardware Upgrade and Migration Database (9i & 10g) from AIX to Solaris.
- Configure backups and schedule weekly Level 0 and daily Level 1 backups via CommVault
- Configure databases to use RMAN and Recovery Catalog to backups for non-prod Database
- Database Performance & Tuning + Technologies. Used Explain Plan, ASH, AWR, ADDM for database Tuning Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, and SQL Profiler for optimizing Query performance and OEM12c Sql Tuning Pack.
- Setup LDAP/ISIM to resolve Database and Application connectivity
- Enterprise Password vault-CyberArt
- Worked extensively on Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, RAID, RAW Devices
- Utilization of OEM 12c via MoogSoft to manage and administer 240 databases, monitor and resolve Oracle management agent (OMA). Oracle management server (OMS) and the Oracle management repository (OMR)
- Used ETL scripts to migrate data from legacy Access databases to SQL Server 2012 using SSIS and TSQL procedures (drive Crawl)
- Migration to and from Production to DEV, TEST, QA environments using both Data pump export/import and Transportable Tablespaces
- Extensive work on setting up auditing for hosts supporting Database/SecureWorks
- Routine security and systems patching through change control model
- Transparent Data Encryption(TDE) Data Masking Via OEM12c cloud
- Configuration of SharePlex 8.0 for Replication and upgrade
- Write and administer many ETL scripts that run nightly against the OLTP database to the Operational Data Store and Enterprise Data Warehouse
- OLAP, Star Schemas, dimensional modeling
- Database Cloning /refreshes/Migrations using RMAN and traditional Data Pump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2,12c.
- Proficient with Oracle wallet, DB Links, Datapump, PL/SQL, triggers
- Managed Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, and Constraints.
- Scheduled maintenance jobs using DBMS SCHEDULER and crontab.
- Auditing following oracle, business and PWC standards, using fine grain auditing and managing cleanup of obsolete audit data using the DBMS AUDIT MGMT.
- Managed task and incidents using SERVICE NOW
Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.1, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0, RAC, Oracle Streams, RMAN, Data Pump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11gR2 on Linux and also Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Extensively implemented Datapump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and Perl based utility “opatch”, Autopatch.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROFEXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O.
- Laid hands on new tools and experienced features like Data Replay, Log Miner and Flashback Data Archive, Schema Management, Data guard and RMAN in Oracle 11g.
- Experienced in using 11g features Data Pump, Mean Time to recover (MTTR), AWR, ASM, ADDM, Grid monitoring, and Recycle Bin.
- Experience in using OEM Grid, TOAD, and Data Migrations using export/import, ATG, benchmarking using Load testing tools.
- Performed research using Oracle 12c on how to work with JSON documents instead of CLOBs in Oracle 11g.
- Strong experience in migrating database from Non-ASM to ASM and Non-RAC to RAC
- Implemented Best Practices for Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup/Recovery, Growth Management, contention Resolution and Defrag scenarios across diverse environments. Performed policies on data confidentiality, integrity, availability, and auditability, based on Access controls for Access to Data at the database level.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning oracle contention and monitored production database using Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and Automatic Session History (ASH).
- Expertise in PL/SQL, SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting (Implemented UNIX Scripts using CRONJOB forDay-to-Day activities and Windows Task Scheduler)
- Supported Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication
- Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Index creation and management for optimization of DB Processes
- Performed Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS installation, upgrade, configuration, backup, recovery, archiving & purging activities.
- Closely worked with developers and worked as release coordinator for all changes in databases.
- Used Explain Plan, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, and SQL Profiler for optimizing Query performance.
- Scheduled maintenance jobs using DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
- Highly experienced in Oracle 11g, 10g Automatic Storage Management (ASM) required to fulfill the storage needs.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10g RAC servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Supported & maintained the Production/Development databases on various servers
- Extensively worked on setting up auditing in many databases we supported
- Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, and Constraints.
- Database reorganizations and refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins
- Performed Explain Plan analysis for Query Optimization and SQL tuning
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 10.2.0.1 database on HP-UX platform.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run the scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.
- Provided 24X7 supports for all the production and development databases.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g/11g to 11gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Implemented Logical and Physical Standby Databases for RAC cluster on Sun Solaris platform using Data Guard feature of Oracle 11g R2.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and SharePlex 8.0 in Oracle 11gR2.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Data Pump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Install and configure block change tracking to work with RMAN Merged incremental backups.
- Applied patches 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.