- Approximate 8 years of Relevant Oracle DBA experience that includes leading team of DBA’s, people management, database administration, database design, development and support of oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c (RAC) in production, test and development environment.
- Installations and configurations of Oracle database Servers (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g & 12c)/ Grid Control on Linux & Windows servers. As well as manage Oracle DB through SQL PLUS, Grid control, OEM and Putty.
- Experienced in performing Database related activities using GRID, Multitenant Architecture, OEM, Data Pump, SRVCTL, RMAN, SQL*Loader, Datapump, Export, Import, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SVRMGR, SQL*Net/Net8, Listener, AGENT Tuning using explain plan, SQL Trace, AWR, ADDM, SGA tuning, Stats pack and tuning of initialization parameters.
- Experience in converting Standalone DB to RAC, as well as converting DB from normal file system to ASM.
- Strong in Database design & development, System Analysis, Designer, Linux & Windows server Administration.
- Experienced in resource management like data files with ASM (Automatic Storage Management) (Trouble shooting, Add, Remove Files etc.), online redo log files, control files. Allocating logical storage structures like tablespace, schema and extents as well as configuring Oracle databases on Multi - Threaded Servers.
- Experience in database patching, cloning, upgrade, migration & maintaining standby DB server (DR).
- Experience in setup and configuration of Oracle Golden-Gate
- Experience with database backup, recovery, and setting up disaster recovery Database servers.
- Experienced in writing and designing the SQL queries as well as have extensive knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems. (Normalization, De-normalization, Entity Relationship diagram, DFD etc.)
- Expertise in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in working with DBVERIFY utility and other method to find Data Corruption.
- Involved in Capacity planning for Databases and Server consolidation
- Worked closely with application team members to perform SQL Tuning using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, ADDM, AWR, Optimizer Hints, Stats pack and TKPROF utility. Participate in testing and the development of performance standards.
- Re-organizing the DB table regularly by removing row migrations and fragmentation Providing the full database dumps and schema/table level dumps to DEV/QA database environments when needed. And also refreshed & migrated full DB using data pump
- Estimating Storage requirements, Creation of Tablespaces and other Database Primary Objects, increasing the storage parameter values, resizing the data files, adding new data files.
- Adding and removing services, databases and instances on oracle CRS using srvctl utility and DBCA utility
- Testing the deliveries, Releases, and patches before applying them in the production environments.
- Design and implement of database backup strategy and performed full, incremental and archive backups using RMAN. Troubleshooting with RMAN backup problem.
- Optimization and fine-tuning the database by planning storage requirements, building indexes and altering storage clauses for tables and indexes.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 9/10, HP-UX 11i v1.5, AIX 5.3/6.1/7.1, RHEL 3/4/5, Windows 2003, Windows 2000/NT, Windows XP.
Databases: Oracle 12C/11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005
DB Utilities: SQL*LOADER, exp, imp, EXPDP, IMPDP, RMAN, Opatch, TK Prof, Utlbstat, Utlestat, Statspack, AWR, ADDM, QOPATCH, GOLDEN GATE, DBVERIFY, SRVCTL, CRSCTL, ASMCMD, DBCA, ADRCI and DBUA
Monitoring Tools: OEM 11G/12C, Performance and Web Portals, BMC Remedy, HP Quality Center.
Languages: Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, C/C++, Shell Scripting
Sr Oracle DBA
- Production support DBA. Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned
- Proficient in 11G/12c RAC Installation/Maintenance and Troubleshooting CRS/Grid Infrastructure and ASM issues
- Replication using Goldengate, Zero-downtime migrations, setup Uni-directional CDC
- Configuration of RMAN backups for databases using TSM /DDBOOST. Design and Optimize backup & recovery strategy, refresh stage databases
- Creation of new RAC databases, conversion from single instance to RAC.
- Planning and Implementation of upgrades of RAC/standalone and Databases from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206, Upgrade 220.127.116.11 RAC databases to 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124
- Extensively working on new builds of 11gR2 RAC / RAC-ONE / Data guard environments with ASM on Linux/AIX platforms.
- Developed, revised and implemented policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environments.
- Maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using RMAN. Monitoring the scheduled backup procedures for daily basis using crontab.
- Database refreshes using RMAN cloning. Extensively using RMAN for all types of recovery/backup scenarios.
- Implemented 11g Standby database setups, Active Dataguard
- Developed and maintained PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages and Functions.
- Implementing quarterly patch cycles for databases systems in 12c, 11g RAC/Non RAC databases.
- Performed various tasks like Administering RAC using SRVCTL, Adding nodes and instances, Administering Storage Components, Parameter Management, and Configuring High Availability Features for RAC.
- Setup and Configuration of OEM 12c, Agent installations using various methods & configuring target hosts/databases for monitoring. Set up alerts and notifications from 11g OEM
- Export and import of tables, schemas and Full DB as per development/Application team req. using Data pump / Exp-Imp
- Configure RMAN backups for databases and schedule them through Crontab
- Resolve common database issues like Locking, Free Space, connectivity issues, Applying patches etc.
- Performance Tuning of problem queries
- Diagnosed Oracle bugs and coordinating with Oracle support to resolve them in timely manner.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11gR2/12C, OEM-12C, RHEL, IBM AIX, DBUA, RMAN, RAC, Grid, Dataguard, Golden Gate, RMAN, EXPDP/IMPDP, EXP/IMP, TOAD, ASM, BMC Remedy Ticketing system, Net-Backup.
Sr Oracle DBA
- Planning hardware and software requirements for installing Real application cluster (RAC) 11gR2.
- Extensively working on multiple 10g/11gR2 RAC environments on ASM, 10g/11g DATAGUARD setups & RMAN
- Applying quarterly PSU Patches to RAC/Non-RAC databases and CRS Bundle patches/PSU to CRS on RAC clusters.
- Upgradation of CRS/ASM/RAC databases from 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5 & 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52, 10.2.0.5 to 184.108.40.206
- Performed Upgradation of 10.2.0.4 CRS/ASM to 220.127.116.11 GRID Infrastructure
- Implemented Space Management in ASM Diskgroups, Addition of new disks and also troubleshooting RAC, DATAGUARD, and ASM issues
- Extensive Performance tuning using the AWR and ADDM reports from time to time to analyze and enhance the database performance.
- Expert-level performance monitoring and tuning using OEM, TOAD DBA SUITE, Spotlight.
- Implemented Database Backup and Recovery strategies and policies.
- Troubleshoot various Database instance tuning issues to maximize the DB performance.
- Performed DB Cloning using various methodologies
- Implemented GoldenGate replication in Oracle RAC Multimode and Oracle RAC One Node.
- Database refreshes using RMAN cloning and Extensively used RMAN for all types of recovery/backup scenarios.
- Handle Oncall issues and jump into Sev1 /2 calls and ensure timely restoration of database services.
- Monitoring of DB growth, performance, health of Cluster on Day to Day Basis using OEM, TOAD.
- Implemented Table Partitioning to improve user query performance
- Resource monitoring (servers, storage, services) using SiteScope.
- Closely work with the developers, performance testing engineers and program managers to recommend the best practices and troubleshoot prodigious problems.
- 24x7 on-call support for critical database issues to help meet the deadlines.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, Data Guard, OEM, Grid Control, Golden Gate, Data Guard, STATSPACK, AWR, Explain Plan.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle 10g and 11g databases on AIX.
- Created Databases on SUSE 10 and SUSE 11 servers.
- Oracle 10g, 11g (R1 and R2) installation on all major UNIX flavored operating system like RHEL, Oracle Unbreakable Linux (OUL), and WINDOWS server 2000, and 2003.
- Installed Oracle 10g, 11g RACdatabase on Red Hat Linux.
- Creating and maintaining the Oracle databases.
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle 11g Data Guard (Active).
- Data Guard using physical standby database, Implement log miner, Data guard / Standby both physical and logical standby perform switchover/failover and monitor using Data Guard manager command line and GUI.
- Upgrading databases to Oracle 11g and 11gR2 from Oracle 10g.
- Provided backup/recovery, problem diagnosis, performance tuning, data reorganization, and database upgrade.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle RDBMS Software.
- Experience in applying critical patches and patch sets whenever required.
- Applying patches both Server side and Client side.
- Coordinate with UNIX administrators for space management on various servers.
- Setting up new environments (Development, Production etc.).
- Database Sizing, Table space Management and Rollback Table space Management, Transaction Management and Security Administration
- Created Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigned users to groups and granted privileges and permissions to appropriate groups.
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures. Implement Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans.
- Worked on import/export and SQL- loader.
- Setup backup and recovery procedures using RMAN.
- Configured and support Oracle middleware applications and Oracle Web Logic Server for Linux x86-64
- Experience in Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GG issues.
- Involved in I/O tuning by moving data files and redo log files to faster disks.
- Performed Explain Plan analysis for Query Optimization and SQL tuning with OEM.
- Performed Database and SQL tuning by using various Tools like STATSPACK, AWR, TKPROF, EXPLAINPLAN, and optimizer hints.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, ERWIN, RMAN, SQL server, Data Guard, OEM, Grid Control, Golden Gate, Data Guard, STATSPACK, AWR, Explain Plan.
- Involved in 24x7 supports for Production database and applications with on-call pager.
- Installation and creation of 10g RAC and 9i databases for Testing, Development and Production.
- Major activities include logical and physical database design, capacity planning, performance tuning, database security, disaster recovery, installation and ongoing maintenance.
- Configured Disaster Recover and Logical standby for Production database in 10G.
- Tune databases performance, Schedule backup, jobs using OEM Grid Control.
- Involved optimizing database schemas, SQL queries, database procedures, and installation.
- Cloned/Refreshed Oracle Databases using RMAN for development and testing.
- Worked with Erwin, ER/Studio, Data Warehousing, Extract Transform and Load (ETL), Oracle Warehouse Builder, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges, profiles to users, Auditing Users.
- Written shell scripts for digitization the process and for Startup and Shutdown, Health Check of Databases, Analyzing of Tables and Rebuilding of Indexes.
- Supported upgrades from oracle 9i to 10g, 9i/10g.
- Performed migration from 9i to 10g from AIX to Linux.
- Tuning SQL queries using AWR, ADDM, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, and SQL TRACE.
- Developed startup/shutdown guides, trouble shooting documents, root cause analysis documents.
- Worked on Data pump (Expdp / Impdp), Import / Export for logical database maintenance.
- Performing Backup/Recovery of all the Oracle databases using RMAN and also setup RMAN catalog for the same.
- Creating tablespaces sizing the system table space, allocating default tablespaces for users.
- Creating tables and indexes, sizing their extent, partitioning and so on.
- Creating users with restricted access, with default and temporary tablespaces.
- Developed database system build sheets, code review check lists, code promotion process documents, outage reporting documents.
- Resolving SQL tuning issues and Tuning Considerations for Different Applications.
- Monitoring the table growth, database growth, current users, and system resource usage and so on.
- Experience in SQL*Loader, loading data from text files.
- Performed scheduling of Change Control-activities and scheduling jobs.
- Performed Database Reorganization regularly to remove row migrations and fragmentation using export and import utilities. Write UNIX Shell Scripts to schedule these activities.
- Contact oracle meta link to resolve database issues and to raise SR's.
Environment: Oracle 10g /9i, ASM, Sun Solaris 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, OEM, Explain Plan, Tkprof, SQL*LOADER