- 5+ years of experience in Oracle DBA
- SQL Server Administering skills.
- Implemented Materialize Views for reporting purpose.
- Build 2 and 4 node RAC Clusters
- Vast experience in managing DBs on Linux, Solaris and Windows
- Installed and maintained Oracle 11g and 12c
- Managed databases on VMWare
- Installed SQL Server 2005, 2008 on Windows 2008.
- Worked on Migration projects.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g to 12c.
- Created and configured Data Guard (Standby Database)
- Worked on various RMAN backup, restore and recovery scenarios.
- Restored and recovered the databases in case of disk crash. Golden Gate replication
- Extensive experience in managing ASM disks and diskgroups. Managed SQL Server 2008 and 2012 instances, Oncall & production support, pagers, Backup and Recovery, RMAN skills
- Experience in installing patches for upgrades and for various problems.
- Worked on Export / Imports using Data Pump
- Experienced in Shell scripting, monitoring and replication
- Experience working with 24x7 production support.
- Creating roles, profiles, privileges and assigning roles to users.
- Extensively worked on monitoring and optimizing the database by performance tuning, Monitor usage of the databases and perform database tuning. Experience in SQL TRACE and TKPROF,
- Extensive experience in Oracle Partitioning.
- Worked heavily with 10g, 11g and 12c Grid control.
- Documented most critical procedures and trained backup staff to run them.
- Troubleshooting of networking issues.
- Good understanding of Indexes and statistics.
- Good understanding of Dictionary tables and views.
- Analyzed Tables, Indexes periodically to optimize the SQL queries.
- Developed shell scripts
- Monitored indexes and analyzed their status for performance tuning and query optimization.
- Worked extensively with ASM builds and disk group management .
- Experience in resource management like data files, online redo log files, control files, and allocating logical storage structures like tablespaces, segments and extents
- Troubleshoot performance issues using ASH, AWR and ADDM,
- Data Guard (Standby)
- Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Active Data Guard
- Grid Control / 12 Cloud Control / OEM
- MS SQL Server / Windows Servers
- Server Deployments and Build
- Database Builds / Silent install / Scripts
- Golden Gate replication/ Capacity Planning/Back up and recovery / RMAN skills/ SQL tuning and Database performance tuning of advanced scope
Confidential, Troy, MI
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, RAC, ASM, Linux, Solaris, Data Guard
- Provided day to day support for over 80 databases.
- Build 2 - node RAC Clusters
- Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes.
- Upgraded 11g to 12c
- Worked on various performance related issues to get SQL response time back.
- Performed database cloning to setup test and development database.
- Migrated databases to different data datacenter.
- Handled RAC Node hangs and node eviction issues.
- Worked with storage admins for LUNs and ASM diskgroups.
- SQL tuning and Database performance tuning of advanced scope
- Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
- Experienced in Shell scripting, monitoring and replication
- Index management for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
- Designed RMAN backup strategy.
- Monitored databases using 12c cloud control / OEM.
- Installed OEM Agents.
- Created, upgraded, and cloned Oracle databases for Development and testing databases.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Backups & Recovery Maintenance, Databases Performance Tuning.
- Typically involved in database Designing, creation and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and shell scripting.
- Created users and grant privileges according to the requirements.
- Working knowledge on UNIX administration on AIX server.
- Provided System support for both development and 24*7 production environments.
- Performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Responsible for migration of databases.
- Goldengate data replication, bi-directional and three-way replication, troubleshooting complex data replication issues involving Goldengate
Confidential, Durham, NC
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g RAC, ASM, Linux, Solaris, Data Guard
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Configure and manage tablespaces, tables, and users for custom applications.
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles as and when required.
- Experienced with Space Management and Security.
- Experienced with GUI and CLI to manage database farm house.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance and maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Configured and Maintenance of SQL Server databases
- Implemented 10g, 11g Physical Data Guard.
- Implemented Oracle high availability solution using oracle RAC, Physical Standby and GoldenGate.
- Importing data from flat files into database using SQL loader and External Tables
- Written shell scripts to automate the tasks
- Physical and Logical database design.
- Database sizing, Capacity Planning.
- Worked on relational modeling using ERWIN.
- Worked very closely with development team
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Supported 24/7 on-call pager support for mission critical financial databases.
- Created users, roles and granted privileges according to the business requirements.
- Data Modeling, Database Design and creation using Erwin.
- Configuring TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for SQL*NET connectivity.
- Experience with pre-production and production of Oracle 10gR2 with multi node RAC with ASM
- Automated the replication process using materialized views for reporting databases.
- Extensive use of Oracle Data pump, Exports/Imports utility for moving data among the servers.
- Performed large batch jobs, and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Created indexes to facilitate easy user interface implementation and tuning.
- Implemented advanced features of Oracle 10g such as Automatic Database Diagnostic
- Monitor (ADDM), Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for monitoring database performance.
- Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global
- 24x7 operational environments.