- Over 8 years of experience as an IT profession along with extensive as on Oracle DBA in Production, Development and Test environments. Also, transforming business strategies of various organizations into efficient and integrated global business solutions.
- Installed Oracle versions 10gR1/R2, 11GR1/R2,12c on environments Solaris, AIX, Linux and RHEL.
- Migrated databases from Oracle Versions 9i/11g to 12c.
- Worked on OEM, DB console, Grid Control and Cloud Control.
- Proficient in installation and configuration of Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i on all Unix platforms.
- Managed databases on Windows.
- Built 10g/11g/12c Physical Standby Data Guard.
- Experienced in database design, backups, disaster recovery, performance monitoring, alert setups, applying patches
- RDBMS technologies such as Clustering, Replication, and High Availability Techniques backup and recovery techniques such as RMAN & CRON
- 3+ years as SQL server DBA: 2005, 2008, 2012
- Expertise in installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle 12c & 11g RAC (Real Applications Clusters) with ASM & OCFS2 file systems on RHEL, AIX and HP - UX.
- Upgraded oracle databases from 9i to 10g, and 10g to 11g, along with 11g to 12c using both manual method and DBUA.
- Performed RMAN backups (Full, incremental and Cumulative) and recover, incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Standby database or Data Guard.
- Implemented two type of standby databases supported by Data Guard, logical standby and physical standby databases in 11Gr2/12c on two node RAC.
- Worked on large-scale databases with size around 10TB in large system environments.
- Having hands on experience in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Created databases using DBCA, silent install and via scripts.
- Applied CPU and PSU patched.
- Good experience in database performance using tools like STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAIN, AWR, ADDM, and tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O, sizing of tables.
- Provided 24x7 on-call production database supports with timely resolution of tickets/requests.
- Involved in Logical and Physical modelling using Erwin and Data loading using SQL*Loader.
- Good knowledge in implementing Oracle Flashback technology for faster recovery of tables/database.
- Expertise in using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and setup of Oracle Grid Control.
- Management of Schemas, Objects & Partitioning the tables and indexes.
- Automating the daily routine activities and schedule maintenance jobs by creating/developing UNIX shell scripts and Oracle scheduler jobs.
- Planning the backups using RMAN, logical (Import/export, impdp, expdp), hot and cold backup.
- Oracle Database capacity planning, creating & managing database structures, space management, storage allocation and different type of storage structure (SAN/NAS).
- Worked closely with the Oracle developers for the better performance in applications in writing the Packages, Triggers, Materialized Views and Indexes on the Tables.
- Used TOAD and SQL Developer extensively along with command line interface utilities like x-shell and putty.
- Provided 24/7 support during on-call.
- Worked with offshore team.
Operating Systems: RHEL, HPUX, AIX, Sun and Windows
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11/10g, 9i, Sql Server 2005/ 2008
High Availability: RAC, Data guard, ASMLanguagess: Sql, PL/SQL, Unix Sehll Scripting, T-SQL
Tools: SQL Performance Dashboard, RMAN, OEM, sqlldr, exp, imp, expdp, impdp, dbconsole, asmcmd, confio, query Analyzer
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STASPACK, SQL ADVISOR, performance analyzer
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Planning, implementing various versions of Oracle Databases to 9i, 11G R2, 12c, installation and upgrade.
- Served in an administrative role regarding database privileges, security,
- Implementing High Availability Oracle Golden Gate from front-end OLTP environments to back-end Data Warehouse (ODS) systems on Oracle 11Grr2 RAC Environments.
- Performed Database Migration from Oracle 10g to Oracle 22.214.171.124 using Golden Gate.
- Worked on Rman duplication, cross-platform transportable tablespaces.
- Performed Oracle software installations, creation of new standalone and clustered databases.
- Administering and setting up of 11g RAC and 12c RAC cluster ware and instances.
- Resolved RAC issues. OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating and switched over services.
- Established database backup/recovery strategy for different databases. Utilized RMAN for backup and recovery strategy. Completed export and import of different database using datapump and SQL*Loader.
- Setup and trouble-shoot the Oracle physical Data Guard for disaster recovery purposes.
- Identify the database performance issue, analyze AWR reports, check and explain plans of SQL queries and provide solution for performance issues.
- Maintain the stats of large partitioned tables in Data Warehouse databases to help fix the long-running SQL query performance by gathering/locking/export/import table statistics.
- Upgrade databases and applied patched.
- Experienced with ASM, adding, deleting disks to diskgroup.
- Scheduled RMAN backups, purge jobs, Maintenance jobs, using DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER and Crontab.
- Supported development teams for all database related issues and handled critical issues like network failures, and ASM DISK group errors, node failures in RAC clusters.
- Used explain plan, oracle hints and creation of new indexed to improve the performance of SQL statements.
- Supported development teams for moving changes to different dev, test, and prod environments. 24/7 on-call support for production environment.
- Set up 11G Grid Control and 12c.
- Monitored databases using OEM, re-organization of database tables and indexes.
- Creating new user accounts, assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Hot and cold backup cloning of instances.
- Performed migration of database from 9i and 11g on Linux.
- Upgraded the databases from 9i and 10g to 11g and resolving the issues during upgrade.
- Worked on RMAN backup and recovery. Recovered the databases (full recovery) during database upgrade and point in time recovery as per the user request using RMAN.
- Created DB links (private and public), synonyms and views. Validated the views and compiled the views which are invalid.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily jobs and resolving and finding reasons for failed jobs.
- Used Toad.
- Provided 24/7 support.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Performed SQL Server 2005 and 2008 installation.
- Implemented and validated various versions of SQL Server and Oracle Databases 10g R2 & 11g R2 install and upgrade on all the environments (in a procedural approach Dev, test, stage and Production) also planning of back out procedures like downgrades/building parallel environments and also working on proof of concept for Oracle 11g R2 upgrades.
- Applied Security patches on Windows Server.
- Managed SQL Server Databases on Windows Clusters.
- Worked on Database builds from scratch.
- Built standby database and configured log shipping.
- Worked on performance dashboard and wait event to reduce wait time.
- Using DMV’s, Performance dash board, Mirroring, database snapshots and tracing Performance Counters.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters, Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Prepared DFD’s & Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams.
- Restructuring the stored procedure, designing, coding and developing the same using the T SQL programming.
- Prepared the project management and technical documentation.
- Worked on SQL Server tools like Enterprise Manager and SQL Query Analyzer.
- TO Analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Used 3rd party tool called Confio to check performance related issues
- Checking Backup and Restore validity periodically on databases about 12TB in size, and Data refreshes from Production to Non-Production environments. Creation of Duplicate Databases using RMAN Backups.
- Responsible for installing, supporting the oracle stand alone, RAC(2node) and RAC (2node)with Dataguard databases of the version 11g, 10g on Sun Solaris 10, and Windows 2008.
- Perform SQL Server service pack and Windows Service pack upgrades.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan using SQL Lite Speed.
- Installed Oracle 12c database on a two node RAC cluster.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Oracle 10g/11g RAC environments using the Grid Control tools.
- Actively participated in installing of 11g RAC on Linux environment with two nodes and ASM as storage.
- Upgrade and Migration of Databases from 10g R2 to 11g R1 and applying patches as per requirements.
- Used ASM file system and SCAN LISTENER in stalling Oracle 11g RAC and also installed oracle Grid agents on standalone and RAC databases.
- Optimization and tuning SQL queries using TRACE FILE, TKRPOF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Decent usage of ADDM, AWR, ASSM, features of 10g/11g R2.
- Worked on installing the data guard on RAC databases for disaster recover and setup the data guard broker.
- Tested the Data Guard switch over on the RAC databases manually and also using data guard broker.
- Worked on resolving the gap between primary and standby.
- Worked on setting up the flashback and restore point on the databases and also flashbacked the databases to restore point when required.
- Configured OEM 12c Grid control to monitor database performance, SQL query tuning, deployed plugins.
- Worked on installing CPU patched manually and also using enterprise manager grid control. Worked on installing the Rollover patched for RAC databases.
- Kept tracing the database performance using oracle enterprise manager and checking the users sessions consuming more CPU and take necessary steps to reduce the CPU usage.
- Worked on refreshing the tables, schemas, using exp & imp and also using expdp & impdp.
- Provided 24/7 support.
- Monitored daily jobs and resolving.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Supported Oracle 11g, 10g and 9i databases.
- Installed and created 11g databases.
- Performed upgrades from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.3) to 11g (126.96.36.199) on Intel and HP boxes.
- Installed Oracle 10g RAC software with ASM & ocfs2 File Systems
- Configuration, maintenance and tuning of 10g RAC.
- Setup of Disaster Recover databases (data Guard)
- Refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating he database, table spaces, indexes, tables, setting privileges for user logins.
- Installing and Configuring Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning.
- Performed Database and SQL tuning.
- Experienced in migrating databases to higher release including incremental migrations.
- Migrated database from 9i to 10g and 11g supporting various incremental releases.
- Written SQL scripts and bash scripts.
- Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication.
- Made performance improvements to the database by building portioned tables, index organized tables, Materialized Views and Bitmap Indexes.
- Created database maintenance plans, including updated statics, re-indexing, structure modifications, capacity plans and index analysis.
- Applied extensive knowledge on data dictionary.
- Analysis and management of Oracle problems/defects using SR’s and or Metalink with Oracle and installation of patches.
- Created Triggers for multi-master replication.
- Worked with client on regular basis.
- Used specific relational database managing system structure and technology to create and maintain physical databases.
- Implemented producers and practices regarding database design, development, monitoring, access and upkeep.
- Installed and configured database management system software.
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Implemented capacity planning for databases.
- Served in an administrative role regarding database privileges, security, and migration.
- Developed policies and procedures for system operation to better serve clients
- Presented database management solution to internal clients.
- Used Oracle 10g AWR& ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Responsible for quarterly and patching bug fixes.
Environment: s: SQL,SQL*PLUS, 10g, 11g; RHEL, HP UX, TOAD, Grid Control, OEM, Sql Developer.