- 12+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration encompassing Installation, Configuration, Patch Installation, Migration, Upgrades, Backup and Recovery, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modelling, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Grid Control, Oracle Streams.
- Installation and administration of Oracle 12g/ 11g/10g/9ion OEL, RHEL, HP - UX, Windows, UNIX and Sun Solaris in OLTP environment.
- Managed Databases in the range from 50GB to 30TB.
- Performed Migration and Upgrade of databases to 11g and 10g.
- Upgradation of databases by applying patches, patch sets and critical patch updates.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Server 11g RAC with ASM on multi node systems, 11g, 10g and 9i in different operating systems for OLTP environment on Very Large Databases(VLDB).
- Extensive experience on Oracle 11g/ASM/RAC and upgradation of standalone databases to 11g RAC environment
- Experience in Configuring Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Developed database monitoring/health checkup alerts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM) and extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager to do the daily tasks regarding the performance and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in configuring and managing Dataguard on RHEL, OEL and Windows.
- Configured Active Dataguard.
- Configuration of dataguard broker on RAC.
- Extensive experience with Database Cloning and Refreshing pre-prod/dev databases with prod/pre-prod databases.
- Experience in installation and implementing OEM and TOAD and setup of Oracle Grid Control
- Experience on DataReplication using Snapshot, Materialized views, import/export and Oracle Streams.
- Regular database synchronization for test database environments through automation.
- Installation and configuration of RMAN with and without Recovery Catalog on Oracle 11g/10g/9i.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN(full and incremental)
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, export/import, expdp/impdp.
- Migration of databases from one platform to another platform.
- Extensive experience in migration of databases with export/import, expdp/impdp, RMAN.
- Implementation of Flashback Technology.
- Experience of installing, configuring Golden Gate and troubleshooting Golden Gate issues.
- Experience in Uni-directional and Bi-directional replication through Golden Gate.
- Extensive experience using SQL* Loader, External Tables and Oracle Application Express for data loading.
- Detecting and diagnosing production system performance problem by analyzing STATSPACK reports, Oracle trace and log files, AWR, ADDM, analyzing SQL statements, measuring system and database activity, Querying Oracle dynamic performance views.
- Monitoring and Optimization of database performance through database tuning, system tuning and application tuning.
- Experience in SQL Tuning, Optimization, cost based optimization and Hints
- Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE.
- Proficient in INDEX REBUILDING and INDEX TUNING.
- Experience on Oracle monitoring tools including Oracle Application Server monitoring and Oracle Linux monitoring using NMON and TOP commands.
- Experience working with Database Resource Management
- Working experience in creating materialized views.
- Proficient in writing PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Experience using Erwin as a Data Modeling tool & Designing the ETL processes
- 24*7 on-call production database support and maintenance including remote database support
- Assisting in implementation of change control process in production.
- Ability to work in a team as well as to take individual responsibility.
Databases: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i.
Oracle Products: Oracle grid control, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), SQL * Loader, Export and Import, Expdp and Impdp, RMAN, ASM.
Other Tools: VERITAS, Putty, Oracle streams, Win Scp, VNC server, Toad, ETL.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL.
Operating Systems: OEL, RHEL, AIX, Solaris, Windows XP, Windows server 2003.
Sr Oracle DBA
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Oracle 10g on RHEL 4, Solaris 10 and 11g on RHEL 5, HP-UX, AIX and Windows 2003 Server and Upgradationfrom Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Responsible for setup and implementation of two node and three node RAC on Oracle 11g.
- Configured Oracle Dataguard for Oracle Disaster Recovery.
- Implemented Dataguardon Production Database.
- Performed switchover/switchback from primary database to standby database for testing purpose for the application teams when required.
- Performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for particular issues and validating disk space.
- Migration of large number of databases from 10g to 11g.
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases.
- Installation of ASM using ASMCA.
- Migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Using list partitions for large tables and bitmap indexes for the OLAP databases.
- Cloned databases using RMAN Utility.
- Installation and configuration of Goldengate .
- Replication of data using Oracle Goldengate.
- Applied Interim patches & Critical patches in both 10g & 11g.
- Monitored database health checkup and took evasive action for any problem.
- Looking into day-to-day activities of Production database, Monitoring its growth and performance.
- Creation of users and granting them their roles and privileges.
- Configuration of Listener and TNS names using NETCA and NETMGR.
- Database backup & Recovery fornon archiveand archive database with RMAN commands.
- Daily incremental backups and weekly cumulative backups using RMAN.
- Done exports and imports of tables, schemas and tablespaceswith datapumps.
- Archive weekly all production database exports to Tapes.
- Developed and enforced both database and OS-level security policies for data protection.
- Monitored all the databases in the areas of maintenance, tuning, performance, and troubleshooting.
- Installed and configured OEM 12c and monitored databases from OEM 10g/12c.
- Post installation process, kernel upgrade, applying support packs and add-ons.
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics.
- Worked extensively on monitoring grid control database, configuration of error notifications, installing listeners, and adding them to the grid control.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data into database tables.
- Efficiently used Oracle Tools like OEM, SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, TKPROF, LOGMINER, AWR, ADDM, STATSPACK, Data Pump, FLASHBACK and RMAN.
- SQL tuning and Database tuning has been done based on reports generated by Run time SQL execution plans, AWR Reports, ASH reports, Explain Plans and monitor the database performance on daily basis.
- Developed Scripts fortransferring data from production server to testing/development servers.
- Cloning ofdatabases using RMAN and also user managed.
- Management of databases on multiple servers.
- Developed table structures, PL*SQL stored procedures and database triggers to implement business rules.
- Managing and providing 24X7 supports for various versions of databases.
- Performed on-call technical support to minimize the impact of system disruptions.
Environment: Oracle 10g,11g,Linux 4/5, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Grid Control, HP-UX, AIX, Windows 2003 server, OEM Database control, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Shell Scripting, PERL, TOAD, ASM, Data Guard.
- Installation, configuration, upgradation and maintenance of Oracle databases of Oracle 10g & Oracle 11g on RHEL 6.
- Configuring and maintaining of a Two node RAC on Oracle 10g & Oracle 11g.
- Managed users and maintained security, populated databases of Oracle 10g & Oracle 11g on RHEL, Solaris and Windows 2003.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g.
- Implementation of Data Guard for disaster recovery on both 10g & 11g.
- Configured and maintained Oracle Golden Gate.
- Migration ofdatabases from Solaris to Linux.
- Involved in migration of applications of the clients.
- Configuring ASM with normal and external redundancy.
- Managed Databases related to retail, Telecom and health Clients.
- Restoring databases from Critical failures.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies, batch processing, performance monitoring, log maintenance and automating functions wherever possible.
- Responsible for scheduling backups.
- Involved in process improvement, Oracle Server Installations/Upgrades/Patches, Space Management, Capacity Planning, Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning, Application Tuning, Security Administration, Data Warehousing, Data Guard, Oracle Advanced Replication, Real Application Clusters.
- Responsible for logical and physical database design, implementation, transforming logical data models into physical databases, and defining strategies for database implementation, high performance, replication & failover.
- Taking Incremental backup using RMAN.
- Creating tables, tablespaces, users, views and related objects.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data into database tables.
- Implemented procedures to detect the poor database performance, collecting required information, root cause analysis, successfully tuned and improved the performance of the database.
- Tuning performance using Advisors, AWR, ADDM, SQL tuning etc.
- Performed Online and Offline backups with RMAN, export/import and expdp/impdp.
- Implementation of logical backups using Log Miner.
- Implemented Point in time recovery using RMAN.
- Configuration and implementation of Oracle Streams (Advanced Replication) for high availability.
- Performed Schema as well as Table level Replication using Oracle Streams.
- Implemented downstream capture atthe destination database using Oracle Streams.
- Installed and Configured Oracle OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) Grid Control.
- Tuning SQL queries when the performance is poor.
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Implementing backup procedures usingCron Tab.
- Worked on activities such as Query Optimization, Database Consistency Monitoring.
- Used Shell Scripting to backup database.
- Physical and logical data modeling using Erwin tool.
- Responsible for grantingrequired privileges and roles to users.
- Duplication of production databases.
- Renaming and resizing databases.
- Configuration of Multiple Listeners in the server and Net Service Names for the target databases using NETCA and NETMGR.
- Responsible for Space management and resolving dead lock issues.
- Supported development teams by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing sql procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, and TKPROF
- Supported application team with ETL tools.
- Managing table spaces, user profiles, indexes, storage parameters.
- Involved in developing and implementing PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers.
- Involved in PERL for reporting purpose
- Responsible to provide 24 x 7 database administrative activities over different database servers.
- Provided all kinds of DBA support to development teams as well as production support to various applications.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g,Linux 6, Solaris 10, Window 2003, Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control, RDBMS, TOAD, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, PERL, ASM, Data guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle primavera.
- Oracle Database software installation, Instance creations, schema creations.
- Upgradationof databases from 9i to 10g.
- Configuring and Maintaining of Physical Standby databases.
- Supported different Databases like Production, Testing, Staging and Training.
- Implementation of dataguardon 9i.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation
- Supported different Databases like Production, Development, Testing, and Data warehouse.
- Troubleshoot databases, provide reports on the database health check, follow up and recommendations.
- Operational Responsibilities - Database refreshes/ backs, security, documenting standards and procedures, data migration, data clean-up, copy data archiving, etc.
- Online and Offline Database backup and Recovery using RMAN.
- Automated monitoring the databases, performance parameters, backup and recovery activities by running Cron jobs and customized various Unix Shell Scripts in sending Email for ORA- errors, reports for Quick Morning Check (QMC), automate routine DBA tasks of taking backups, exports, space usage monitoring, move Archive Logs to different mount point when Archive Destination is full and resync RMAN catalog.
- Worked with a team for installation and maintenance of ORACLE 10g RAC, ASM database for high availability.
- Well conversed using the CRSCTL and SRVCTL tools for maintaining database, ASM and node applications
- Monitored and tuned long running jobs by working closely with the application development team and analyzing objects, created or rebuilt indexes, query tuning using SQL TRACE, TKPROF, Explain Plan, TOAD.
- Performed troubleshooting of database using AWR and ADDM reports.
- Planned, tested and implemented backup strategy using RMAN, Oracle Utilities (Export/Import)EXPDP and OS methods.
- Performed Database replication from production to test/development environment Using RMAN, Data pump utilities and manually
- Responsible for network configuration and involved in a Client - Server environment using TNS Names, LISTENER, Net Configuration Assistant and other configuration files.
- Extensively used SQL* LOADER as a tool for loading data.
- Installed and Configured of Oracle OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) Grid Control and OEM Database Control to monitor database.
- Handling large database environments (Data warehouse) using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) on daily basis observing the performance of the production database and constantly active regarding performance and space management issues and accordingly providing on-fly solutions to make database healthy and running.
- Extensively compressed large tables in Data warehouse Environment to reduce space usage.
- Created and Managed users, user profiles, tablespaces, data files, archive log.
- Created database links that are required for databases.
- Tuning SGA, Rollback segments, Latch contention issues, Optimize sortoperations.
- Perform extensive testing on new versions of database products and tools to identify and resolve migration issues before these products are installed in the production environment.
- Worked as a member of production DBA team in perfect coordination with seniors and team members.
Environment: OEM Grid Control, Oracle 9i, 10g RAC, Solaris 7, RMAN, Sql*Loader, Import & Export, Data pump, Data guard, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, Statspack, ASM, TOAD 7.4, Shell scripting,PERL, Data warehouse, AIX 4.3 etc.
Confidential, Branchville, NJ
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle 9i/10g on Linux OS
- Installed, upgraded and patched Oracle installations.
- Managed data files, control files, redo log files, tables, indexes, constraints for performance and availability.
- Worked on user management mainly on grants, privileges, roles and profiles.
- Designing and developing SQL procedures, query performance tuning.
- Performed hot and cold backupand recovery using RMAN and UNIX Scripts
- Monitored database and SQL performance using Stats pack, OEM, EXPLAIN PLAN and tuned problem areas to enhance performance.
- Monitored database and system performance.
- Configured the Event Manager to notify support personnel.
- Worked on application and database security (data access, passwords, network, etc).
- Handled daily production problems/change requests with Oracle.
- Performed daily database administration tasks: User management, Space monitoring, Performance monitoring and tuning, Alert Log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Performed Physical backup (hot and cold) as well as Logical backup (Export/Import).
- Proactively managed the databases; set up alarms for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases; pre-empted and prevented issues, disasters from happening.
- Monitoring tablespace issues, creating tablespaces and adding datafiles.
- Involved in session management and monitored the critical wait events, blocking sessions in the database.
- Wrote Stored Procedures according to specs and control files for input to SQL*Loader utilities for loading data from external files into the Oracle database.
- Tuning test and production database by altering the parameters.
- Export and Import of database objects to copy from one database to another database.
- Investigating suspicious database activity using Auditing.
- Involved in query optimization and using rule based optimizers and cost based optimizers.
- Detecting and correcting instance performance problems. Locating and tuning SQL statements.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Window NT/2000/2003, Linux, Unix, Oracle Enterprise Manager, MS SQL Server 7/2000, RDBMS, VERITAS Net backup, PL/SQL, TOAD 7.5, Shell Scripting, HTML, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
PL/SQL Developer, Oracle DBA
- Installed and Configured Oracle 9i Software.
- Worked on Oracle 9i OEM for regular database management.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures and triggers to carry out database maintenance tasks
- Created different views as per the business needs
- Created materialized views and snapshots for high end application usage.
- Created and used different types of sequences and indexes.
- Planning, Installation and Configuration of Oracle 9i on Sun Solaris and Windows 2000 Server.
- Performance tuning of database using stats pack reports.
- Backup and Recovery operations over all databases, ensuring 100% recoverability using RMAN.
- Wrote control files for input to SQL*Loader utilities for loading data from external files into the Oracle database.
- Created Table space, Data files, Indexes and monitoring them.
- Designed and created schema objects like Database tables, indexes, views, synonyms, and all schema objects in Oracle.
- Understanding business data relation ships
- Prepared documents and loaded on to knowledge base portal of the company.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Windows (NT/2000), Sun Solaris, TOAD, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Explain Plan, Statspack etc.